AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How Do I Make An Amazon Wishlist For My Bio? And Is It Weird?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2018
United States
Chaturbate Username
ChantelleArmaj
I've noticed a lot of models have Amazon Wishlists in their bio, and it seems to be a registered list of items that they'd like their viewers to purchase for them. From what I've seen the items range from household appliances and car parts (??) to jewelry and clothing.

Is this a normal/ethical thing? Because I've already had someone ask me if I had a link to it on my profile and I was surprised because I didn't think people actually bought gifts and stuff for their favorite models.

For those of you that have a Wishlist and have received gifts from your fans, what exactly do you usually list and how did you set it up? Personally I'm a huge book nerd and would be BEYOND flattered if people bought me a ton of books to read!! But should I curate a list of things that will help my shows, such as toys and costumes? Or maybe a mix of practical "needs" and fun "wants"? I'm really not sure....

Help! How do?!?!

You will just go to amazon and set up and account using your cam name. Just know that by doing this at the very least people will be able to see what city you are in and its possible that they could find out more. If you can set up a po box it will make things a little bit safer but it is a risk if you are really worried about people finding out your location. With that said though plenty of people still choose to set one up and use it, myself included.

On mine I just put anything I might need or want at the time. Books, dvds, clothing, makeup, jewelry, jeep parts, costumes, items for my pets, household items, webcams/camera, lighting and other equipment.... literally ANYTHING.

Also, I only use my wishlist as gifts. Meaning if somebody purchases a $100 worth of items from the list, they can't come to me and expect $100 worth of skype or videos or whatever in return. Wishlist items are strictly gifts and gifts do not come with strings attached.

Im new to the forums and camming, I've also been really curious about how Amazon wishlists are set up. I'll be following this thread too! Good luck with everything, ladies!

Reactions: ChantelleArmaj
If you are going to use your wishlist as a means of paying for services, keep in mind that until you have an item in hand - the order can be cancelled. There are a ton of dudes out there who use amazon lists as an opportunity to try to scam girls. Don't provide any services in advance that you aren't willing to provide for free.

My wishlist is just for funsies. I don't really promote it and haven't received much through it, but I do have it specifically routed to a UPS Box in a town that is reasonable to travel to but not where I live. A lot of UPS stores have the option to alert you if mail is received or you can just call to check, that way you can put distance between and feel a little safer. It is incredibly easy to get the town info through amazon and I've had clients get the name listed on that account as well. Thankfully I figured that would happen, so that whole account is set up under my cam info.

I have everything on mine. Household, books, movies, art supplies, camming equipment, toys & outfits (outfits for everyday & camming).
I already received a couple Christmas gifts today from one of my regulars. He also got me 8 items from my list in September for my birthday.
I have a PO Box, but had to switch my shipping address back to my personal because a lot of items Amazon won’t ship to a PO Box. Either way they would still see my city & state of delivery.
But be aware that if the buyer contacts Amazon & says it wasn’t delivered, they can obtain the full address, or so I’ve heard. I personally haven’t had this happen, yet.

I have a PO Box, but had to switch my shipping address back to my personal because a lot of items Amazon won’t ship to a PO Box.
You should check a few different post offices in your area. Some will give you an actual street address so you can receive ups/fedex directly to your P.O. Box. My local post office doesn’t offer it but for several years I had one a couple towns over and it’s super convienent.

You should check a few different post offices in your area. Some will give you an actual street address so you can receive ups/fedex directly to your P.O. Box. My local post office doesn’t offer it but for several years I had one a couple towns over and it’s super convienent.
Thanks. I didn’t even think to ask the one that I’m renting my box from, and they are one of the bigger ones in town, so they probably do.

I've noticed a lot of models have Amazon Wishlists in their bio, and it seems to be a registered list of items that they'd like their viewers to purchase for them. From what I've seen the items range from household appliances and car parts (??) to jewelry and clothing.

Is this a normal/ethical thing? Because I've already had someone ask me if I had a link to it on my profile and I was surprised because I didn't think people actually bought gifts and stuff for their favorite models.

For those of you that have a Wishlist and have received gifts from your fans, what exactly do you usually list and how did you set it up? Personally I'm a huge book nerd and would be BEYOND flattered if people bought me a ton of books to read!! But should I curate a list of things that will help my shows, such as toys and costumes? Or maybe a mix of practical "needs" and fun "wants"? I'm really not sure....

Help! How do?!?!

I think it is totally normal and totally ethical. But then, I come from a female domination/financial domination perspective, and it is pretty common for subs to want to purchase items just to make me smile. As someone who loves getting presents for the people I adore, I understand the appeal of wanting to see one of your favorite models smile super-duper hard, lighting up their day with a carefully chosen gift. I don't see anything unethical about that. Though, there are plenty of customers who try to use the wishlists in an unethical way - i.e., trying to use wishlist purchases as currency instead of dollars & tokens, only to cancel the order after receiving their videos/shows. It is a very, very common scam used against new models, so watch out for it! This is why I never take wishlist purchases as currency, only as gifts. Or, if you DO decide to take gifts as payment for services rendered, don't give them their items/show/service until the items are physically in your hands!

On my wishlist, I put a mixture of needs and wants, and I typically see a mixture of gifts in response. I've received thoughtful & practical gifts like protein powder that I wanted, I've received fun gifts like graphic novels from a sub who was really into comics. (In the past, I always tried to use my own money for big work purchases that could be tax deductable, but I'm not sure what the current deductable rules since I've heard about some recentiiiiish changes).

But honestly, I tend to mainly get gifts in the form of sexy clothes and shoes (Oh my god. So. Many. Shoes.), since it usually feeds into said subs' fetish and they love to see me prance around in items that they bought. I get a decent amount of gifts, but I also use wishlist purchases for specific show/clip requests. Like... If they want me to do a show using an item that I don't own, then they will be providing said item IN ADDITION to the normal cost of the show. And then everyone is happy! Subs get their special show or video, I don't have to pay for an item that probably isn't really my style, and yet, I can use them again in future shows to create more profit. Everyone wins!

So personally, I think it's fun to do a nice mix of practical and fun. Like, I am addicted to technology that I can utilize in clips. New programs, new lights, new green screens, new gadgets. That is fun & practical for me. But receiving only practical stuff can get boring after a while. Sometimes, it's just super fun to get something that has no other purpose than to make you smile, & make you glow with joy. Like books!

Since I am someone who values my privacy a LOT, the idea of using a PO box kinda freaks me out. I don't like people even knowing what states I live near, let alone a specific city that is close enough for me to check regularly. With that in mind, I created a wishlist using a throw-away account, where I never ever ever enter my address for any reason, since there have been glitches in the past where Amazon accidentally revealed RL cities. I publicize my wishlist, along with the instructions that subs should send a gift-card to My email address for the price of their chosen gift (also making sure to include tax + shipping). Then I take the gift card and apply it to my real work-Amazon account, and order the item for myself. I never accept gifts as currency for work or clips - they are always string-free gifts or provided to purchase a specific item in addition to normal work prices.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I literally just got $120 worth of props for a new video just today! People love buying new props for my videos. That's the main thing I put on there, and the thing most people buy because they like being part of my creative process, but I also add fun stuff, too.

I got scammed when I was a newbie 18 year old who had no idea what I was doing. I had someone buy $300 worth of shit off my wishlist. I sent him ALL my content. He proceeded to cancel the order. Lesson learned.

I've also been using a PO box the entire time I've had one. Yes, you'll definitely want a PO box, because anyone can find your address from your Amazon wishlist.

Reactions: ChantelleArmaj
Me entire wish list is books and for my first gift ever a regular purchased 5 specialty sets for me! I’m still in shock.

I use my older brothers address. He’s a police officer and felt more comfortable that way. He’s about 600 miles away from my home and just sent them to me.

But be aware that if the buyer contacts Amazon & says it wasn’t delivered, they can obtain the full address, or so I’ve heard. I personally haven’t had this happen, yet.

Yup, this is EXACTLY why I choose to just not even have a wishlist, and I told someone on MFC this two nights ago after he asked if I have one. That and the fact that I feel that guys will use it as a replacement for tipping me (I've got bills, bills, bills, so please just show me the money). And since I had decor stolen off the front of my apartment door months ago, I'm not very comfortable having packages sent here anyway.

If you are going to use your wishlist as a means of paying for services, keep in mind that until you have an item in hand - the order can be cancelled. There are a ton of dudes out there who use amazon lists as an opportunity to try to scam girls. Don't provide any services in advance that you aren't willing to provide for free.

Ah no, I definitely won't be using it for payment, just for gifts. But that is really good to know! Wow, I didn't think guys would be that shady and manipulative, but I guess I'm naive and should expect those kinds of things as possibilities. Thanks for warning me.

Yup, this is EXACTLY why I choose to just not even have a wishlist, and I told someone on MFC this two nights ago after he asked if I have one. That and the fact that I feel that guys will use it as a replacement for tipping me (I've got bills, bills, bills, so please just show me the money). And since I had decor stolen off the front of my apartment door months ago, I'm not very comfortable having packages sent here anyway.

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry someone stole from you! But yes, I understand the money struggle as I'm in the same situation. I'm mostly doing this to make a living so I DO need actual tips, haha.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Me entire wish list is books and for my first gift ever a regular purchased 5 specialty sets for me! I’m still in shock.

I use my older brothers address. He’s a police officer and felt more comfortable that way. He’s about 600 miles away from my home and just sent them to me.

OMGGGG I'm a bookworm too! I actually would love to have a bunch of books sent to me. I could name about 50 right now! But I'm a little uncomfortable with the whole address thing so I may just link to Barnes & Nobles for e-giftcards :)

Reactions: NerdyZoey
I literally just got $120 worth of props for a new video just today! People love buying new props for my videos. That's the main thing I put on there, and the thing most people buy because they like being part of my creative process, but I also add fun stuff, too.

I got scammed when I was a newbie 18 year old who had no idea what I was doing. I had someone buy $300 worth of shit off my wishlist. I sent him ALL my content. He proceeded to cancel the order. Lesson learned.

I've also been using a PO box the entire time I've had one. Yes, you'll definitely want a PO box, because anyone can find your address from your Amazon wishlist.

Holy cow that's incredible!! Dang that must be a nice feeling getting gifts in the mail. I would like to do a wishlist but I'm wary, even with the PO Box....does the UPS Store require your real name and real address in order to sign up, and if so is there any way that someone could see that information? Or would they just see my PO Box address?

Since I am someone who values my privacy a LOT, the idea of using a PO box kinda freaks me out. I don't like people even knowing what states I live near, let alone a specific city that is close enough for me to check regularly. With that in mind, I created a wishlist using a throw-away account, where I never ever ever enter my address for any reason, since there have been glitches in the past where Amazon accidentally revealed RL cities. I publicize my wishlist, along with the instructions that subs should send a gift-card to My email address for the price of their chosen gift (also making sure to include tax + shipping). Then I take the gift card and apply it to my real work-Amazon account, and order the item for myself. I never accept gifts as currency for work or clips - they are always string-free gifts or provided to purchase a specific item in addition to normal work prices.

Wowwww thank you so much for taking the time to write out such a thoughtful response to my question!! I really appreciate the detail and how thorough it was. Your idea for having your clients send you a virtual gift card so you won't have to deal with the hooplah and risk of having your personal information get into the wrong hands is freaking brilliant. I think that's exactly what I will do then, that way there are tangible products for people to purchase, but no way for them to send them to where I live. I can just pay for it myself with the card! I love this idea and I'm excited to set it up now!

• Hugs
Reactions: paige_orion
Wowwww thank you so much for taking the time to write out such a thoughtful response to my question!! I really appreciate the detail and how thorough it was. Your idea for having your clients send you a virtual gift card so you won't have to deal with the hooplah and risk of having your personal information get into the wrong hands is freaking brilliant. I think that's exactly what I will do then, that way there are tangible products for people to purchase, but no way for them to send them to where I live. I can just pay for it myself with the card! I love this idea and I'm excited to set it up now!

Yaaay! I wish I could take credit for the brilliant idea, but it was given to me by other amazing models here on the boards! There are so many smart cookies here to learn from! But I'm so glad I could pass along the info and I hope it helps! Just remember, when you apply the gift card to your real Amazon account, it will give you the option to "thank" the sender. Do noooot thank them, as it sends an email (I believe!) that includes the name of the redeemed account! So beware of that! It can be a little bit of a pain, creating a throw-away account aaaand a work account to actually order from, but the peace of mind is well worth the little bit of extra work to me! Way less work that having to drive regularly to a PO box!

Hope you get all of the fun toys & amazing books!

Holy cow that's incredible!! Dang that must be a nice feeling getting gifts in the mail. I would like to do a wishlist but I'm wary, even with the PO Box....does the UPS Store require your real name and real address in order to sign up, and if so is there any way that someone could see that information? Or would they just see my PO Box address?

You're going to need to tell USPS your real name, but no, the only thing a customer is going to see is your name on Amazon. You'll also want to let the USPS people know that you also have a pseudonym so they know why you're getting a bunch of mail with a different name on it.

I prefer and recommend a box with the UPS Store. You can receive packages from any carrier. You can also receive mail under a pseudonym or just addressed to the box number at UPS. I ran into a ton of issues when I had a USPS box where they couldn't accept delivery from UPS or FedEx and would hold them at the distribution center or flat out return them. USPS also sent back packages that had my cam name but not my full name on them. I haven't had any issues receiving mail at UPS.

I know this may sound sheepish but I didn't realize I could make a burn Amazon account with my pen name. This in itself along with setting up with a UPS store box has just saved me some major hard knocks. Thank you so much! If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them, including things you found useful to have starting off on a wishlist. I know already I destroy wigs and stockings so I'll be having them up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.