AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stalk people on the internet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that this should be moved over to the model only section...although I'm very glad Bawksy wrote it all out for models. I just don't like the fact that members and guests could get harmfully snoopy ideas from this thread. :confused1:

Felicity said:
I agree that this should be moved over to the model only section...although I'm very glad Bawksy wrote it all out for models. I just don't like the fact that members and guests could get harmfully snoopy ideas from this thread. :confused1:

I think that's a reasonable concern, however, just look at all the imperative suggestions/observations the members have provided in this thread. Fact is it wouldn't be nearly as informative if it weren't for the members. Thanks guys! :handgestures-salute:

Guests... well.. that's another story. But it's not like this is the only potential resource out there for stalkers.

Felicity said:

To be fair, if they're the snoopy type, they already know and have done this stuff...

I have googled myself a fair amount of times, && removed quite a bit of what's out there. A lot of it has since fallen out of the cache as well.

www.spokeo.com is another site that will even show you pictures of people's fucking houses from Google maps.

I am not going to lie, I have been able to find out LOTSSSSSSSSSSS of things just from pictures that models choose to upload. Which is one of the biggest reasons I don't really take outdoor shots. && if I do, I either block stuff out of the background, or make it so you can't see much in the background. For instance, I am forever taking sky pictures, or sunsets, etc. I also remove the EXIF data from my photos before uploading them usually. :).

But I think this is a good, albeit scary thing to have around. Because so many models literally have NO idea. My best friend wants to get into camming, && I was trying to tell her the other day how careful you need to be... So for example, I started googling things that had to do with her, && she almost shit her pants. To which I said SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?! LOL. Gotta be careful.

Also. I never open the door. To anyone. I don't ask who it is either. I look, silently, then if I know who it is, then I might say something. If I am expecting a package, I usually leave a note to drop it off at the office.

Reactions: BarelyCharlie
BCamden said:
SNATCH said:
I have googled myself a fair amount of times

Do you do a countdown for that, or does somebody have to take you private?

LMFAO. Nah. The Googling is the light stuff. The Twittering is for Privates/Skypes only. :).

Reactions: JimsX
Im tightening my already limited facebook settings. Really thinking of freezing/deleting it. I think theres maybe ONE person who I actually can't communicate with any other way :/

Yes I am aware that things would be left behind, but still I don't know if I really want it there.

EDIT: Maybe it would be useful to remove your networks from facebook. Even if your home/current town is hidden, anyone can see which networks youre on, I think.

Reactions: MadisonLeigh
Yeah I recently removed my networks. All you can see on mine now is my name and photo, unless you're my friend. So if someone is trying to find me on facebook, they already have that information anyway.

Reactions: vaderface11
MadisonLeigh said:
Yeah I recently removed my networks. All you can see on mine now is my name and photo, unless you're my friend. So if someone is trying to find me on facebook, they already have that information anyway.

With the facial recognition programs out there, especially the one used by that Is anyone up guy it might be a good idea to not even have your picture. It's a good idea to have some random picture of a kitty or something as your profile picture, private tweets or not that is still view-able.

Well as long as we're here giving tips about stalking...does anyone know more about the facial recognition programs that are out there? I know about TinEye but I would never use the same or similar pictures on personal social networking sites that I would use for camming. My google skills are failing me in trying to find more information about it.

Ladies--make your friend's list hidden on facebook. It's been said on this thread before but it bears repeating. You may have good privacy settings but your friends might not. Don't post ANYTHING (photos, updates, etc.) that are viewable to friends of friends. You and I both know that many people just friend other people naively, or because they like the look of "1 beellion friends" on their profile. Additionally, a good stalker could easily butter up your buddies just to get closer to you.

It would also benefit you not to have your family members listed on there at all if you can help it. A good excuse might be "my account was hacked recently and I don't want anyone to get that information" if you get grief about it.

Make sure to go through and delete old accounts you don't use anymore. For example: Myspace, LiveJournal, or any other obsolete account that might hold personal details or photos of you. Perhaps there are stories posted, which you to this day share on cam, on the same page as posts which reveal your family, friends or hometown.

Don't forget that in time websites inevitably change their privacy settings, and many don't even have to notify you about it.

Chamaeleon said:
I think the best measure is to do what KansasKelly does... Talks about her guns and shows off her proficiency with them. A good Glock is a good stalker demotivator. :violence-pistoldouble:

I own 2 glocks and a shotgun. I love my guns! The way I look at it is if the bad guys are gonna have guns, then so am I. I pity the person who thinks its a good idea to stalk me :lol:

Sia Green said:
Chamaeleon said:
I think the best measure is to do what KansasKelly does... Talks about her guns and shows off her proficiency with them. A good Glock is a good stalker demotivator. :violence-pistoldouble:

I own 2 glocks and a shotgun. I love my guns! The way I look at it is if the bad guys are gonna have guns, then so am I. I pity the person who thinks its a good idea to stalk me :lol:

We should go shooting! I'll bring my Ruger P-85, Ak-47 and Mossberg 12ga. We could start the cam girl militia! :violence-rapidfire:

I have a huge gun collection I inherited.
I never get to shoot any of them.

That's my way of saying I'M JEALOUS!

BCamden said:
I have a huge gun collection I inherited.
I never get to shoot any of them.

That's my way of saying I'M JEALOUS!

I would be more than happy to take those off your hands.

There is also an option in your facebook settings called "limit past posts"
Do this, it makes it so that things posted before the settings got revamped will now have the new settings applied.
Also, make it so that other people need your permission before they can tag you.

Reactions: FrecklesXxX
JoleneJolene said:
Sia Green said:
Chamaeleon said:

We should go shooting! I'll bring my Ruger P-85, Ak-47 and Mossberg 12ga. We could start the cam girl militia! :violence-rapidfire:

I have a Walter P22, does that count at all?

Nothing fancy or special, but I'm a good shot with it.

BluexDakota said:

How do you load "Walter"? up his butt? :lol: :lol:

:text-imsorry: - I saw a door and walked in. [ Walther ]

I have a Walther PPK 380 that was made famous by use in the 007 James Bond films.

Reactions: camstory
Also, be wary of thunderbird + gmail.
I added my mother on my gmail account (myrealname@gmail.com) that was linked with hotmail
Somehow it sent her an email from my camming email which read "YOUr DAUGHTER'S REAL NAME wants to connect on gmail blahblahblah..."
Great. Now my work email is associated with my real name and is sending things to my mother. fml. Bye bye thunderbird..

Reactions: xo_Maria_ox
JoleneJolene said:
Sia Green said:
Chamaeleon said:

oooohhhh.....I have a .45 colt commander. Let's go shooting!!!

Reactions: JoleneBrody
On the 'facial recognition' software- There are two distinct things here.

The simple case is software that finds identical pictures posted in multiple places. This means the exact same file is uploaded to both sites. Like that cute picture of you in street clothes you innocently posted on both FB and on MFC.
Simple, don't post the same picture on multiple websites.

But, there is also some serious facial recognition software out there. Sure it isn't perfect, but it can be pretty good. Also, once it has multiple pictures to work with of the same person, it gets better at identifying new pictures of that person.
Best suggestion is to restrict access to pictures on FB, MySpace, Google+, and other sites from your real life. But, the reverse is tough. If you are marketing yourself, hiding your face can hurt business. Watch for opportunities to opt-out of facial recognition features on FB or in Google. (These two seem to be the farthest along with the technology).

(--- edited - I should have spell checked before posting...)

This is a good thread. A few more things to be careful about:
- Posting favorite movies, music, etc -- Make sure they don't match between your real life and your secret life. It is very easy to search for profiles where the person loves Rain Man, The Sound of Music, watches Glee, and adores the Grateful Dead.
- Fudging your birthday has already been mentioned. For people who are into Astrology, you can pick another date within your true sign. But, note that some websites protect your birthday, but post you astrological sign publicly.
- As a model (any type), searching a site with eye color, hair color, rough age, and a few other features will often pull out a small list of people to look through. So, if you have adult modeling profile(s) and commercial or artistic modelling profiles, it can be quite simple to find one from the other. Quite a number of cam models, are listed on ModelMayhem or similar sites. And, from there, you can often get valid contact information.
- that is what came into my head this evening after reading these posts ...
As said before, no reason to be paranoid, but don't be ignorant either.

BluexDakota said:
JoleneJolene said:
Sia Green said:
Chamaeleon said:

Nice! Yeah you don't need to have an AR-15 to defend yourself. But yeah you have to practice and retrain with it :)

Reactions: Paigenicolexxo
Birthdays, part 2

I just discovered today that if you use the non-Javascript version of someone's MFC Profile page, it shows a full date of birth instead of just an age. So if a model was silly enough to use her real birth date when filling out her MFC profile, you can see it here. Check it out here, changing "AmberCutie" to any other model name:

http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/online_models_splash.php?model_detail=AmberCutie

P.S. Technically, it is still possible to figure out date of birth with the regular profile page, if you're patient enough to check every single day until a model's age changes (on her birthday)

Attachments

• cake.png
    cake.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 213
bawksy said:
Birthdays, part 2

I just discovered today that if you use the non-Javascript version of someone's MFC Profile page, it shows a full date of birth instead of just an age. So if a model was silly enough to use her real birth date when filling out her MFC profile, you can see it here. Check it out here, changing "AmberCutie" to any other model name:

http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/online_models_splash.php?model_detail=AmberCutie

P.S. Technically, it is still possible to figure out date of birth with the regular profile page, if you're patient enough to check every single day until a model's age changes (on her birthday)

I do not think this is true. It changed my age on my profile quite some time before my actual birthday. Maybe it changes a set amount of days or just at the beginning of the birth month that is entered.

Something came up this morning that got me remembering this thread and an incident that happened a couple weeks ago... And there were 2 points I wanted to make

1) Doing shows outside can give away a lot if a models not aware of her surroundings
2) A model might think she's offered up a plausible story about where she lives... But if it's not well thought out, what's she saying can do more to bring attention about where she's located

A model who's room I've been frequenting had been saying she lived in California (I never really believe her because whenever she mentioned the time she always had it wrong for PST)... But she she had been traveling a couple weeks ago and got on cam while she was at the airport... she mentioned several times she had just landed at the airport in California where she lives and was waiting for a ride... she had been moving around the airport (to get something to eat, do a quickie show from the airport bathroom, etc)... lol... and at one point proceeded to plop herself directly in front of a local advertisement clearly saying what city she was in

I like her, so I PM'ed her to let her know what she had done... She didn't say much about my PM but it was obvious it caught her by surprise and flustered her a bit, but she moved... lol... then 15 minutes later... she did the EXACT same thing again... and plopped down in front of a different sign that clearly said the city she was in... Which I let her know what she did again... Unfortunately, she wasn't so lucky the 2nd time and someone spotted the sign and mentioned something in the room... She PM'ed me slightly panicked telling me she banned him and asked my opinion if that's what she should have done... Which seemed reasonable to me considering the circumstances... it didn't seem like anyone else in the room caught what he was saying and the rest of her time on cam was uneventful... before she got off she wanted to chat quickly about it... which I reassured her I wouldn't tell anyone I knew where she lived... And the subject wasn't brought up again between us

A couple days ago, I went into her room, and to my surprise she came clean to the room about where she was from... And said since she was a terrible liar, it would be easier on her to just admit what state she was really in... so she didn't have to constantly think about what she was saying (we didn't discuss it but i assume enough people figured out she was bullshitting and said something to her about it)... What made me remember this incident was I was in another woman's room this morning and she was doing a show in her back yard.... And repeatedly kept saying she was in a cold weather state even though there was a palm tree barely visible in the distance (I'm assuming she thought it completely hidden behind her garage)

While it's the models business where she's from... No one likes to be lied to... Or at the very least... No one likes to have to work at believing a lie.... If a models going to offer up a story about where she's from... Make it plausible so people won't question it... Because it can be mildly irritating if we have work at ignoring blaring gaps in a story if it's flagrantly inaccurate... I mean if your going to make something up, at least give it enough thought so it's not going to stare us in the face when you say it

bodisha said:
While it's the models business where she's from... No one likes to be lied to... Or at the very least... No one likes to have to work at believing a lie.... If a models going to offer up a story about where she's from... Make it plausible so people won't question it... Because it can be mildly irritating if we have work at ignoring blaring gaps in a story if it's flagrantly inaccurate... I mean if your going to make something up, at least give it enough thought so it's not going to stare us in the face when you say it

This is why I dont like to discuss my province at all. I just say "Canada". I cant think of anything relevant to a conversation where Id need to bring it up, and there's no need for anyone to know. If someone guesses on their own based on timezone etc, they should just keep it to themselves.
Sometimes members will bring it up trying to be conversational...but it should be obvious why I dont want to talk about it.-

Status
Not open for further replies.