AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm at a loss here...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudreySparks

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 1, 2016
Arizona
MFC Username
AudreySparks
So I use to cam with MFC couple years back. I did pretty decent with money so I was loving it. Now I recently started camming again under a new name yesterday (AudreySparks) and today and both days have been awful! Nobody even talks! They pop in and out in and out so I'll say hi so and so then poof they are gone! I'll even try encouraging them to talk in different ways and STILL nothing. These members will just sit around in my room being completely silent and it gets me in such a bad mood to where I just log off 10-20 min after being on. No tips either. Very few and from the same guy yesterday. I just don't know what to do to make people talk and tip. I have a countdown and goals and other things in the topic as well. Any suggestions?

So I use to cam with MFC couple years back. I did pretty decent with money so I was loving it. Now I recently started camming again under a new name yesterday (AudreySparks) and today and both days have been awful! Nobody even talks! They pop in and out in and out so I'll say hi so and so then poof they are gone! I'll even try encouraging them to talk in different ways and STILL nothing. These members will just sit around in my room being completely silent and it gets me in such a bad mood to where I just log off 10-20 min after being on. No tips either. Very few and from the same guy yesterday. I just don't know what to do to make people talk and tip. I have a countdown and goals and other things in the topic as well. Any suggestions?

MFC's culture has changed a lot since I started in 2013. At least in my experience. It used to be much easier back in the day to get a good vibe going. But markets change, consumers wise up and strategies must evolve with them. In my opinion MFC right now is a clipsite with a hard sales approach. So you might want to make a bunch of videos and offer them for real cheap if you want to compete in the current meta. Other options are to wait, have patience and cross your fingers that you luck out and the right members find you or try another site. Chaturbate has a more laid back culture that I think you could enjoy.

These members will just sit around in my room being completely silent and it gets me in such a bad mood to where I just log off 10-20 min after being on. No tips either.

Members who sit in room like this do not sit in one models room but often have several windows open observing waiting which model takes off clothes first hoping for free show. Try posting a general non tipping related question in your room and u may notice that none of your 7-20 members will even see it or respond. Is typical and I think would be best if it was impossible to sit in several rooms at same time and only one models room or two and that's it.

Reactions: gracekelly20
Don't log off so soon, would be my advice. I was going to log off after an hour of no one talking/nursing my camscore on Friday, when someone came in last minute and started throwing tokens at me. I met goal for naked time in almost five minutes and he then took me to private. Sometimes, it takes a while to get the culture of a room flowing. I mainly talk about gaming/random nerd shit, which can take a bit of guys popping in and out for the right folks to show up.

Freeloaders are, unfortunately, a thing, and you'll have bad days because of them. But, don't let them drag you down.

Reactions: Bobbie Madison
Don't log off after 10-20 minutes. It takes some girls at least an hour to get things going. Even the successful ones.

That first hour of so of waiting though..ugh it's so hard to keep a smile on your face and pretend that you're enjoying having a dead room.

Don't log off after 10-20 minutes. It takes some girls at least an hour to get things going. Even the successful ones.
Happy Birthday!!

And I agree with her 100 percent. It may be slow at first, but then it speeds up, then slow again. Try to 4 hour shift first, then work up for a 6 hour and you'll see better results. Think of it this way, even when you work a steady paying job, your pay check comes at the end of the week. That's what pushes you to keep clocking those hours. So clock the hours and you'll see results.

Happy Birthday!!

And I agree with her 100 percent. It may be slow at first, but then it speeds up, then slow again. Try to 4 hour shift first, then work up for a 6 hour and you'll see better results. Think of it this way, even when you work a steady paying job, your pay check comes at the end of the week. That's what pushes you to keep clocking those hours. So clock the hours and you'll see results.
Yeah. It is about riding it out these days. Try teasing more. Try fooling around. Doing something random. Hell sing and entertain yourself if you have to.

I do around 8 hours a day when I cam. I am not saying do that, but I want success in this so push hard. There is no simple answer in camming. But a lot of it has to do with not giving up.

That first hour of so of waiting though..ugh it's so hard to keep a smile on your face and pretend that you're enjoying having a dead room.

Honestly, the first hour is the easiest for me.

I have all this energy and optimism. Just come prepared and acknowledge you may have to entertain yourself. Do something that you genuinely enjoy and puts a smile on your face, but will also keep you available to the chat.

try getting on at different hours. I found my best times are early in the morning(5:00 am pdt - around 9:00 am pdt) and from around 4:00 pm pdt - around 7:00 pm pdt. I'm sure it's different for all, but those are my key hours and it works out pretty good.
As for the nobody talking thing.... It is frustrating! I sit sometimes my whole shift without anyone talking in my room, but I hang in there and play music I like and try my best to strike up convo.
There are tons of freeloaders on the site so just tough through the hard times and don't give up!

I hate being like "hi (username)!" then they instantly leave. Sometimes I don't even think they are in my room long enough to hear me say the hi. It's so quick. Do you girls mute the basics? I mute guests but keep the basics on sometimes because lately that's really all who talks except a few regular members I have.

I'm not a cam girl (but I do play one on TV! ...wait..no, I don't).

When I go into a new model's room, I'm almost always reading her profile so I don't always respond.

I hate being like "hi (username)!" then they instantly leave. Sometimes I don't even think they are in my room long enough to hear me say the hi. It's so quick. Do you girls mute the basics? I mute guests but keep the basics on sometimes because lately that's really all who talks except a few regular members I have.

Not everyone likes being greeted, in fact, a lot of members hate it. Not everyone wants to talk when they first come into your room, some people have anxiety problems and I've heard members claim it makes them feel trapped so they leave asap.

Not everyone likes being greeted, in fact, a lot of members hate it. Not everyone wants to talk when they first come into your room, some people have anxiety problems and I've heard members claim it makes them feel trapped so they leave asap.

Hmm...makes sense! But I've also heard it's good to pay attention to members. I never know what to do. I mean I get not talking for a bit but when other people have been talking and they haven't said anything, just sat there for half an hour or more it just rubs me the wrong way....I don't know lol.

@AudreySparks I'd say only greet people by name if you know them and know they are not shy to talk to you. If you want to talk to the room say "Hey guys." "Welcome to my room, guys." "How are you guys doing tonight?" That sort of thing, so basically anyone who wants to talk will feel open to join and anyone who doesn't won't feel obligated to join.

Camming isn't easy, there's no quick formula to make it work. It is frustrating, you will make mistakes. Nothing is the right answer, and everything is a chance. I say during quiet times just occupy yourself, vaguely address the room, and after a while things will fall into place. :)

When it gets way too quiet, I unmute everyone because it's the guests and basics that do most of the talking.

BUT they do the trolling too!! So when/if it gets to be too much, I mute them again. Like after banning one or two then everyone gets muted.

Also, if you do other things during the day like cook, maybe workout, dance routines a little bit, heck even read (aloud of course) or knit a scarf for an xmas gift coming up...etc...Do those things on cam. It kills time, creates movement, and sparks conversation.

When it gets way too quiet, I unmute everyone because it's the guests and basics that do most of the talking.

BUT they do the trolling too!! So when/if it gets to be too much, I mute them again. Like after banning one or two then everyone gets muted.

Also, if you do other things during the day like cook, maybe workout, dance routines a little bit, heck even read (aloud of course) or knit a scarf for an xmas gift coming up...etc...Do those things on cam. It kills time, creates movement, and sparks conversation.

That is why I had to do today. I just saw in front of the camera in a sexy outfit and put my makeup on (since I was planning on going out later that day anyways.) There were times when guys were tipping pretty rapidly to get an item of clothing off and then it would slow down for 30 minutes. At least I got something productive done though ;)

I used to say hi to people when they entered, but now as a rule-of-thumb, I only say hi to people that say hello first. But I also say "how are you?", "what are you up to?", or "I like your username". Their response may be a bit of a dead-end, but it could also be the start of some conversation!
And yes, I mute guests but keep basics.

Good luck, Audrey! Give it some time. There are good and bad days, as well as good and bad times for broadcasting.

• Hugs
MFC culture is different now, you're kind of like a TV show now, but interactive, and selling sexy things.

I have a friend who does really well on the site, she just started 4 months ago, and I think a big part of her success has to do with her ability to just chill. She has zero problem relaxing and eating chips and just being herself, and if no one is talking to her, she just amuses herself. She wears something sexy and lowcut always so that viewers have something visual to keep them entertained, but doesn't even try to entertain them, just lets it happen naturally. That way it's less frustrating for her when it's slow, and she always enjoys her time online, it's like her normal life just with the cam on.... and then when they start tipping, that's when it gets sexy.

Everyone has a different way to make MFC work for them, you'll have to play around and see if it's worth it for you.
If it's super boring with no one talking, try Streamate! Lots of privates on that site keep you stimulated and entertained.

Edit: I'll second that thought about playing around with times to go online. MFC has too many models now so you'll have to go on when the top girls are sleeping if you want faster success.

Last edited:
Hmm...makes sense! But I've also heard it's good to pay attention to members. I never know what to do. I mean I get not talking for a bit but when other people have been talking and they haven't said anything, just sat there for half an hour or more it just rubs me the wrong way....I don't know lol.

On the subject of greeting members, here is a good thread on that topic from about 18 months ago... https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/greeting-members-yay-or-nay.20643/

:)

MFC culture is different now, you're kind of like a TV show now, but interactive, and selling sexy things.

Edit: I'll second that thought about playing around with times to go online. MFC has too many models now so you'll have to go on when the top girls are sleeping if you want faster success.

Yea, I hear that too. It's better to go on when they're not on but try all different times because it's online, someone is going to be up somewhere in the world. It's also good to go on for a few consecutive days so you get a few regulars which is a big thing for your overall income throughout your camming career.

On the subject of greeting members, here is a good thread on that topic from about 18 months ago... https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/greeting-members-yay-or-nay.20643/

:)
I'm going to modify my answer from 18 months ago. "I don't even mind as new person to a room, it shows me the model is paying attention to the room, and not surfing the web, playing a game etc"

If I am brand new to a room never been it and there aren't a lot of premiums in the room (i.e. what the OP describes) than when I greeted by name, I started feeling pressure to talk and tip. I'd rather remain anonymous until I get a feel for the room. (I realize that in a room with <10 premiums I'm not actually anonymous.) So looking at the poll results, and realizing the members on ACF are more chatting than the typical MFC member, I'd say don't greet new people.

Status
Not open for further replies.