AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Kitten stork visits my backyard

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2016
20840910_10107050233163072_8025736266091791422_n.jpg

20769993_10107050233272852_4281007390865432878_n.jpg

Monday morning comes and it's my first day back to school. I hear some meowing from this tiny little space and I go over to investigate. Lo and behold, momma kitty had lodged herself in a space just big enough for her to sit or lay one position in and she's got 2 little ones with her.

(The first picture she is cuddling one with her arm and in the 2nd picture you can see one nursing and another that has its head resting on its mommas arms)

It rained pretty heavy over the weekend so it must have been really hard for her. I left some dry food out but she didn't touch it. Last night I took her in for a little bit since it was raining pretty badly, but she was meowing loudly and my rooommate works at night so after it let up I returned them to the glorious mansion I made for them outside.

I wake up early as hell to her meowing her head off at my back door, I check her food dish and still hasn't touched it. And now she's only got 1 kitten with her. Ugh.

Bring her a can of wet food and she devoured it instantly. So I left another one out and by the time I get back from class that one was gone too. But now she's still meowing loudly, still at my back porch, has food, what could it be? Maybe it's just too Goddamn hot outside and she got spoiled since I let her in last night and now she just wants to be inside.

Fuck. My. Life. I attempted to take her to an animal shelter, but I couldn't bring my heart to do it. This bitch picked me and so I guess I'll man up and take that call. She meows a lot, but seems to calm down when I go over and pet her.

I guess it's just been kind of a rough ride and she wants the comfort. Sigh. The things I do.

Thanks :) I feel for her yknow? Has 2 babies during a weekend rainstorm, doesn't leave the tight space for days, doesn't eat for days, is pretty young herself, and already lost a baby. I'd just feel bad cause I know most shelters are pretty noisy and who knows how long it would take her or her kitten to be adopted. Better that she's with someone I know I trust and can roam free whenever she wants, like she's used to, than to be stuck in a cage for an indefinite period of time.

Reactions: Booty_4U
She most likely moved baby. She may be meowing to get you to follow her. She may need help. Also keep giving her soft food mostly. And water too. She's really going to need it with the babies. Bonus tip: If you brin the babies inside and make her a fort, she will wanna stay inside and most likely will shut up. As long as you give her a litter box and stuff. You can make a fort out of a large storage tote. Cut a hole in one side, low because her belly is gonna hang a bit, and pop some blankets in it and she's good. I'be brought in dozens of outside cats so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I just don't know where she would move it to. I looked but I couldn't find her. And there's like raccoons and other cats here too, she had to have known without her protection that kitten has no chance. I don't know, it's a little sad to think about. Maybe something was wrong with it or maybe because she didn't eat for a few days she didn't think she could feed 2 and left one somewhere....Nature is kind of cruel in that respect.

I decided to bring her in, I put an old towel inside a cat carrier I have and covered it with a sheet. That's just for the baby, but obviously she has the whole house to roam around if she wants to. She's got 24 cans of 5 oz wet food to herself. I'll just have to get her a litter box. I don't think the cat I already have would appreciate someone using her bathroom like that haha.

The kitten is just a few days old, but I do hold it every so often so it gets used to human contact. Aside from TNR, I may have some difficulty getting used to the idea of taking them to a shelter. The cat I have now I got from the ASPCA from the mall and it was just kinda sad to see a cat's life confined to the area of a cat carrier most of the day.

Do you think I should try and take one to a shelter if there's room or just release her and her kitten (after they're spayed and neutered) here, where she's used to being?

It's very possible. It's not uncommon for moms to move babies around though. If she's sticking close to the other baby for a couple days and does not bring the other one back I'd chalk it up to gone then. She may go get it though. They're good at hiding them in spots that are usually protected. Moms are weird and sometimes they panic and move them like idiots. I've had one do that. Moved her babies to under a dresser she couldn't even get under herself that was only 5 feet from their nesting box. Dumbass lol.

Anyway a towel is fine. You want something to fit both of them though if possible. A box, tote, anything really. Just something she can get in and out of that's covered but that kitten can not once it starts first walking. They're dumb when they start and you want them confined at first. Holding it is fine too and it's good to get it started now. Petting it while nursing, if mom will allow it, is also good because it'll associate you with good things off the bat.

Now for the rest look on petfinder.com. Search your area code and get to calling the foster groups and rescues and no kill shelters. Tell them the deal. For shelters ask if they have any free spay/neuter programs for strays and the baby once old enough. Some do and some don't but it's worth a shot. Second to get them homes if you can not keep them get a hold of the foster and rescue groups. They will either have room to put them and if not offer to foster them yourself while they find them homes for you. Doing that usually means vet care like shots and fixing them. If you can do that yourself cost wise offer it up because they can use it and they'll be more likely to post mom and baby for help. They may even have adoption days on the weekend at petco/petsmart they may be willing to let you do once baby is weened and fixed. Absolutely do not release them back into the wild. Absolutely do not let new kitty around other kitty or their litter box until she is vetted. Shots, stool sample, blood test, and dewormer would need to be done before socializing her with another pet. Also check her belly for fleas and her ears for mite debris. It's easily transferable to you and then your other cat too.

Thanks @Teagan , if I think of anything else I'll give a reply. For now Momma Kitty is pretty content to be in her home..Spoiled as hell. Food, water, controls my youtube and puts on relaxing cat music, meows whenever she wants to be petted or protection. Wait wait wait. Seems like I should be taking a few notes from her.

Thanks @Teagan , if I think of anything else I'll give a reply. For now Momma Kitty is pretty content to be in her home..Spoiled as hell. Food, water, controls my youtube and puts on relaxing cat music, meows whenever she wants to be petted or protection. Wait wait wait. Seems like I should be taking a few notes from her.

Seems like your training is going well. Carry on lol. She may like if you turn on the bird watching YT videos just FYI.

I had to rehome the cats. Momma cat sounded like something was giving her a lot of pain. And it was really stressing out my other cat and I didn't get any sleep. I didn't have enough to take her to the vet and get her the care she needs so I ended up going to a rescue group.

I know I did all I could, but it was still really heart breaking to hand her over. We have each other's contact info so we can keep in touch and I would like to take momma back when she's better. She just needs TLC I can't provide for her at the moment and I didn't want to just hold onto her while she was in so much distress.

You did all you could for her. If she's hurting then she needs a vet for sure. Something easily could have went off during labor. Thank you for caring for her. I'm sure she would say thank you if she could.

Reactions: Booty_4U
Status
Not open for further replies.