AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Purchases

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2014
Canada
Hello i am new to MFC. i signed up last month. I am a guy with mental illness and i have GAD. i enjoy this site.
the only reason i actually became a premium on here though is because i have developed feelings for a certain model,
who really makes me smile and gives me butterfly's in my stomach. (i dont expect anyone to understand)

now please let me get to my point.

for canadians here is what we get charged for tokens.
200- cad23.25
550- cad58.13
900- cad87.21

i have recently been overcharged by Epoch instead of 58.13 i was charged 66.58.
so what im asking really is if any one else has been scammed by epoch.
and if ccbill would be a better option to use.
also i use per-paid visa, and i have have had no problems prior, except for being declined for 900 tokens., and then purchasing 550
without any problems right after. any help or input would be appreciated.
sorry for for my bad grammar. thank you in advance.

You can use CCBill for packages up to 900 tokens only. I prefer them, because they offer the choice of which currency you can pay in. That means that you may pay 74.99 USD, rather than, at today's rate 87.42 CAD. Your bank may offer a better exchange rate than CCBill does.

As for the Epoch discrepancy, I suggest sending them an email with as many details about the transaction as possible. I've not had that problem with them, that I can recall, but I either use CCBill or Netbilling. The worst thing that can happen is that they stonewall you.

After being a member for a while, and spending more money, it will be possible to buy packages of 1875 tokens for 149.99 USD and larger. For those, neither CCBill or Epoch are an option, and you will need to use Netbilling and can only pay in USD.

Thank you very much for the reply. it is unfortunate that i got screwed like this especially when my email says my purchase was 24.13, and then my credit card says i was charged the 66.58. (i talked with epoch already and i can say for sure that the have scammed me, and will not resolve my issue).

assuming you are Canadian as well. do you think that ccbill will accept my canada post visa. and are you saying that i can choose to pay the us currency instead of the ridiculous Canadian charge.

thank you again for replying.

I'd contact MFC's support about this:

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Contact_Support

The MFC Terms and Conditions say that any attempt to get a refund has to go through the support page linked above:

"Any communication regarding a refund or transaction reversal must be made to MFC support at our Contact Support page. Inquiring about, requesting or receiving any transaction reversal, refund or charge-back from the payment processor, credit card, bank, or any other entity other than MFC is strictly prohibited and will constitute fraud and an intentional breach of this agreement, for which MFC will pursue full legal remedies."

I doubt they'd actually sue you or anything, but it's possible that complaining to the payment processor could cause MFC to take action such as banning your account. Also, if a payment processor is actually overcharging I think that MFC would like to know about it.

Good luck!

Canadian1991 said:
Thank you very much for the reply. it is unfortunate that i got screwed like this especially when my email says my purchase was 24.13, and then my credit card says i was charged the 66.58. (i talked with epoch already and i can say for sure that the have scammed me, and will not resolve my issue).

assuming you are Canadian as well. do you think that ccbill will accept my canada post visa. and are you saying that i can choose to pay the us currency instead of the ridiculous Canadian charge.

thank you again for replying.

I have not tried a prepaid card, but they normally work fine according to most people.

With CCBill, there are a few choices of currency offered at the top of the screen. If you select something other than Canadian dollars, you'll have to pay whatever exchange the credit card issuer offers, but chances are good that it will be better than CCBill's rate.

rexcode said:
I'd contact MFC's support about this:

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Contact_Support

The MFC Terms and Conditions say that any attempt to get a refund has to go through the support page linked above:

"Any communication regarding a refund or transaction reversal must be made to MFC support at our Contact Support page. Inquiring about, requesting or receiving any transaction reversal, refund or charge-back from the payment processor, credit card, bank, or any other entity other than MFC is strictly prohibited and will constitute fraud and an intentional breach of this agreement, for which MFC will pursue full legal remedies."

I doubt they'd actually sue you or anything, but it's possible that complaining to the payment processor could cause MFC to take action such as banning your account. Also, if a payment processor is actually overcharging I think that MFC would like to know about it.

Good luck!

are you saying i could be banned for complaining to epoch? because that is exactly what i did.
how do you think i could prove to them that i have been overcharged though, a screen shot of my charge for the transaction on my credit website will not be any prove because its pre-paid and their is no prove that it is legitimately mine. now im kinda paranoid. i really dont wont to be banned. and i know that im actually telling the thruth about this.

Either was thank you very much guys for replying i appreciate it very much. im gonna try for the ccbill choice and pray it doesnt constantly decline my pre-paid.

I'm attaching a screen cap from the MFC wiki page regarding billing questions. It could be a number of things like a preauthorization hold that will reduce to the actual purchase amount on settlement, to a surcharge. Since the amount extra you were charged was around 14.5%, I suspect that you were subject to a surcharge or fee of some kind. Can you give us the name of the company who issued your pre-paid card?

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Billing ... vercharges

bTXdjBO.jpg

hey Jesse0328 thanks for the reply. my pre-paid card is from the Canada post office it is their own version for a visa gift card variant.

JustJessie said:
Is it possible that the discrepancy is from a fee related to the issuer of the pre paid card?

unfortunately that is not that the issue. thank you for the reply.

(im not good with this kinda stuff but i will try to post a photo of the cards transactions)

scammers.png

as you can see. my charge was 66.84 but it should have been only 58.13 as my e-mail describes.

well either way im just gonna try for ccbill, and hopefully not get scammed again.

If I have the right terms and conditions, your card is subject to a 2.5% foreign transaction fee. If the merchant epoch is paying is in the U.S., and the dollar amounts you were seeing at the point of purchase are actually U.S. dollars, then the fee and exchange rate might be the cause.

https://www.myreloadable.ca/vancityma/m ... limits.pdf

As I type this, the exchange rate is 1 USD = 1.10967 CAD

$58.13 USD x 1.10967 = 64.51 CAD (rounded)
The foreign transaction fee is 2.5% of the purchase, so 64.51 * 1.025 = 66.12 .

It might vary since the rate may have been different and depending on if the bank charges the fee before or after the conversion, but as you can see my calculated amount is similar to what you actually were charged.

It's hard for me to see without actually looking at the MFC page for Canadian token purchases.

Reactions: SexySteph
Jesse0328 said:
If I have the right terms and conditions, your card is subject to a 2.5% foreign transaction fee. If the merchant epoch is paying is in the U.S., and the dollar amounts you were seeing at the point of purchase are actually U.S. dollars, then the fee and exchange rate might be the cause.
<<snip snip >>
It's hard for me to see without actually looking at the MFC page for Canadian token purchases.
You're very close and on the right track. The amount Canadians pay on mfc through epoch already has the conversion rate calculated in for them, I'll include a screenshot so you can see this. I believe the discrepancy lies almost totally in the addition of the other fees as well as a small amount of difference charged on the actual day of purchase over what is stated below.

To the Original Poster:
I believe the $58.13 you originally posted below was the dollar amount that was current when you went back to look at it after you realized something was wrong, not the dollar amount you were actually charged on March 6th. The conversion rate changes daily as shown on the Epoch token purchase page. I believe the actual amount you were charged that day was $58.83.

This would coincide with that day's historical conversion rate plus a small tenth of a percentage fee that Epoch would add on as well.

Then the rest of the amount, I believe, is entirely due to your rechargeable card company. As Jesse0328 pointed out you have a 2.5% International Conversion Fee associated with your card. This would account for an additional $1.47.

Now here's the confusing part. I believe your card wrapped additional fees into the transaction itself instead of specifying each one on its own line. From looking at your screen shot of your transaction I'm under the impression you just bought this card and loaded it for the first time to purchase tokens. If that is correct then I believe you got charged the $14.95 for first Value Load you did for $90. Also they added the $4.95 monthly fee as well. And it appears they did this by adding it all into two Epoch charges.

Simply adding the $58.83 original charge plus $14.95 creation fee plus $4.95 monthly fee plus the $1.47 Intl. Conversion Fee at 2.5% it would be a total charge of $80.20.

On your screen shot it shows two charges to Epoch in the amounts of $66.84 and $13.36. That totals $80.20. (The column on the right below is the actual numbers you were charged. The left column is just for reference and so I could deduce what was going on)

I may be off a little bit in the original charge due to that days conversion rate used and may even be in error on my assumptions of this being a new card. I would need more info to be more accurate. But from what I can deduce based on what you've shown and the Cardholder's Fees page of your rechargeable card I would have to say these are all just fees from that card company.

Myfreecams and Epoch both appear to have been correct in what they charged.

Just keep in mind in the future if you continue to use that card the $14.95 won't be charged again, but the monthly fee will. So overall the amount will be closer to what appears on the MFC token purchase page, but there will still be a little difference based on the other fees.

The above screenshot shows the Canadian amount TODAY, not on March 6th. This amount was not used in any calculation. It is merely to show that Epoch does the international conversion rate to US dollars for customers already.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 3_7_2014 , 3_25_55 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 3_7_2014 , 3_25_55 PM.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot - 3_7_2014 , 4_10_49 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 3_7_2014 , 4_10_49 PM.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: emptiedglass
That's kind of strange that the bank would wrap the fees into the purchase amount. But doing that might generate fewer support calls for the bank than if the monthly maintenance and load fees were immediately deducted as line items.

Jesse0328 said:
That's kind of strange that the bank would wrap the fees into the purchase amount. But doing that might generate fewer support calls for the bank than if the monthly maintenance and load fees were immediately deducted as line items.
Yeah, that part is confusing to me too. Not sure if OP also did another charge that day on mfc for a much smaller amount. That may make things different. But the way it stands, with the info at hand, the only thing that makes sense is if the Card company just put all their fees into the transaction itself on the web page activity report.

There is no reason to assume that the amount shown as an Epoch charge of C$66.84 is anything other than the amount charged by Epoch.

It would be best to ask MFC to look into this, at this point.

They should have received a confirmation email with some transaction details. If the transaction email says $58.13, then they need to contact Epoch to verify that's what they billed. Then they need to contact the bank for either an explanation of any additional amount bundled into the transaction, or to open a case against Epoch for a possible chargeback.

http://www.epoch.com/en/index.html

Thank you very much guys. and btw the card im using is a non-re loadable card, so the activation fee is paid upon purchase. this was also not my first purchase threw epoch. the reason i was so upset is because all the other times i made purchases it was the exact amount specified on the processor, this time i was charged way more then i should, as you could see by the screen shot. i just hope next time i make a purchase which will be threw ccbill that i will not have any problems like this again.

sorry to revive this thread, but something very odd has happend. it looks like Epoch has fixed my issue right outta the blue. here is a screen shot of my same card report. you will notice that the prices of changed. to exactly what they should have been.

Untitled.png

very strange but. it sure makes me happy.

I really appreciate how all of you guys helped me out. i learned a lot of things about cards i was not aware of.(not sure what explains my issue though).
you guys went above and beyond thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.