AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model does not see some chat messages in her own room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2018
Hi,

I help a girl camming on CB with tech stuff. For a few days, she's been having a very strange problem with her chat, that I've never seen before and can't find out what it might be. CB support is on it with standard approach (what is your ping...), but meanwhile, maybe someone here has seen this before?

First, her stream is fine. No lag, no connection problems. But when someone posts a :gif in chat, she can't see it. Also, she's runnig a few bots (mainly Crazyticket and Allinone), and messages generated by those bots (notices, dice animation), are invisible to her as well. Lastly, as soon as e.g. someone buys a ticket or becomes King tipper in AllinOne, that person's chat messages become invisible to her too! For all of the above, everyone else in the room *except her* can see everything just fine. I did a screen share session with her, with my chat and her's side by side, and it's as if she was ignoring me, triggered by a bot running or me posting a gif. When she turns the bots (any bot) off, she can see my text messages again.
This seems to have appeared out of the blue sky. She's had those bots for ages, nothing changed. Tried with different browsers, too, no effect.

It's as annoying as it is mysterious. Would be awesome if someone had an idea about what might cause it. I do have a feeling like it's a wrong bit in the CB cam api, like hidden cam / private session not completely reset or something in that direction, but how can this be fixed?

Thanks for any ideas,

Frank

P.S.: sorry, meant to post this in the CB support section :( silly me.

I've had a similar reoccurring problem in one models room where it's as if I've become a ghost, and no one can see my messages. She can see my tip notes however and we can PM just fine. If you have any screenshots or can screenshot the next time it happens email that to support so they can check their chat logs. I haven't had the problem reoccur to do it myself, but that's what they requested from me when I send them an email.

that sounds more like you'd been accidentially silenced, or maybe soft-silenced by some mod bot she used?

In the case I have here, it's the model who can't see bot notices or some chat messages, while everyone else can!

that sounds more like you'd been accidentially silenced, or maybe soft-silenced by some mod bot she used?

In the case I have here, it's the model who can't see bot notices or some chat messages, while everyone else can!

nope not silenced as she wouldn't be able to see tip notes, and it's happened more than once. On top of that a message would show up in chat saying I've been silenced.Actually, if the problem is caused by a bot maybe you could contact the creator of the bot?

No it's not cause by a bot. Even with no bot/app started, she still can't see the :gif emoticons in chat from anybody, while they do appear for anyone else in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.