AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JickyJuly said:
When people question my parenting because I choose not to hit or yell things at my children. Yes. They're going to grow into maniacs because I treat them like humans and don't disrespect their personal space/bodies. :? God forbid I try to teach them that no one, including their mommy, has a right to hurt or degrade them.

I'm always shocked when that actually WORKS. My siblings and I were hellspawn and if our mother tried nonviolent parenting, we'd ignore her and space off while she was talking, so she'd scream at us, which we also tuned out. Time-out didn't work, we'd just space off or take a nap. The only thing that we responded to was a beating.

SweetSaffron said:
JickyJuly said:
When people question my parenting because I choose not to hit or yell things at my children. Yes. They're going to grow into maniacs because I treat them like humans and don't disrespect their personal space/bodies. :? God forbid I try to teach them that no one, including their mommy, has a right to hurt or degrade them.

I'm always shocked when that actually WORKS. My siblings and I were hellspawn and if our mother tried nonviolent parenting, we'd ignore her and space off while she was talking, so she'd scream at us, which we also tuned out. Time-out didn't work, we'd just space off or take a nap. The only thing that we responded to was a beating.
That's a bummer. We actually don't even do time out either or anything needlessly authoritarian/punitive. I think it works for us because we end up saying the word "no" so little that when it is said, it's heard. I'll hush now before my hippie dippie parenting turns into a pet peeve for someone else, but I swear that being gentle and thoughtful is effective. My kid is pretty dynamic, compassionate and well behaved for someone who openly picks her nose and poops her pants.

People who dramatically sigh or groan to try to get you to ask what's up.

Even better when they type out *sigh* on cam...

Had one guy type "yay, I hope this works out!!!" as a way to get me to say "hope what works out?". Why not just say it directly?! So irritating. I won't beg you expand on something, if someone answers in short statements I just assume they don't wanna talk, so just say what you wanna say. :angry4:

GenXoxo said:

Had one guy type "yay, I hope this works out!!!" as a way to get me to say "hope what works out?". Why not just say it directly?! So irritating. I won't beg you expand on something, if someone answers in short statements I just assume they don't wanna talk, so just say what you wanna say. :angry4:
One of my friends when I was 13 or 14 became that sort of person at some point, some days she'd just start being overly and overtly grumpy or quiet in class for no apparent reason.
Me and our other friends noticed it and at first we always immediately asked her what was wrong, and it always turned out to be something insignificant. At some point we started ignoring her weird habit, and assumed that if something serious were going on, she'd just tell us.
She was just being an attention-seeking teenager and today she's probably embarrassed about it; but it's really strange when adults show behavior like that, yeah. I've only come across that on MFC, usually from guys who have never spoken in my room before, and I can already tell what they want and just ignore them completely.
If they want to tell me what's wrong, they can tell me, but I'm not going to try and get it out of them if they're being cryptic - that's not my job nor something I want to do, nor something the guys in my room would want me to do.
I just hope they don't act like that with their real life friends too, because I still remember it being annoying as hell.

Reactions: Gen
GenXoxo said:

People who attempt to trick me into a conversation I'm probably not interested in having are the worst. When someone starts a conversation with "Don't you just hate that?" in a bid to force me to ask what it is that they/we hate so that they can go off on one about it... it irks me, yo :?

When someone stops the microwave with time left on it, and doesn't clear the remaining time. I know I only have to push one button, but I shouldn't have to.

SweetSaffron said:
When someone stops the microwave with time left on it, and doesn't clear the remaining time. I know I only have to push one button, but I shouldn't have to.

This post totally inspired my tweet. :lol:
Don't hate me, it was just building up inside me until I had to!

Attachments

• Screenshot - 9_14_2014 , 11_17_15 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_14_2014 , 11_17_15 AM.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 324
GenXoxo said:

That would be my mother.

When she's upset she *sighs*.
When she's injured in any way she *ohs*.
When she's sick she *groans*.

You'd think if you ignore it long enough she'll stop. But she doesn't. She never stops. And if she gets ignored for too long she gets all huffy and threatens to drown herself in the bathtub because no one cares about her/loves her.

Old people that refuse to learn new technology and old people that think everything was better back in their day.

Old people that act like you don't deserve what you have because you aren't old enough.

People in my neighborhood that don't keep up with lawn care.

Annoying spoilers or any shitty, cheap, weak sounding system on crappy cars.

LailaBaise said:
People who smoke around their pets. It's exactly the same as blowing smoke over a baby. Horrible.

Similar, the degenerates that think getting your animals high is cool.

Crumbs!
I wish I could eat cookies or anything else crumbly without getting crumbs everywhere.
I'm tempted to get one of those mini vacuum things just to suck up the crumbs after so I don't end up getting crumbs up my arse when I go to bed.
I know I could just use a plate or something, or be less of a messy eater, butttt things should just be less crumbly instead, pfft!

AngelicTease said:
Crumbs!
I wish I could eat cookies or anything else crumbly without getting crumbs everywhere.
I'm tempted to get one of those mini vacuum things just to suck up the crumbs after so I don't end up getting crumbs up my arse when I go to bed.
I know I could just use a plate or something, or be less of a messy eater, butttt things should just be less crumbly instead, pfft!

Cleavage crumbs. I know everyone jokes about "having a snack for later," but it gets so gross, nobody WANTS to eat it.

Flat billed caps! I'll never understand why people intentionally want to look like an idiot.

kaI0SoQ.jpg

and politicians or talking head types that never served a single day in the military constantly use the phrase ''troops on the ground'' like they're talking about groceries on a shelf.

People who leave their turn signals on well past the time they changed lanes.

People who never use turn signals.

People who rev their engines at stop lights.

People who put their little kids in the front seat without a seat belt.

Whoever on my floor can't figure out which way to place the seal on the washing machine. We have a front-loading machine, and the seal that keeps water from spilling out around the door isn't very secure and easily gets bumped from its spot. And someone, or multiple someones, will tuck entire thing into the doorway instead of having the lip sit outside the doorway, where it will seal around the door. Wrong placement leads to a puddle on the floor, which I nearly fall down on when barefooted. Either figure it out or clean it up!

Oo_Yarrow_oO said:
People who never use turn signals.

This is like a fucking pandemic or something. I've seen this too much in the last few months. It's ridiculous. I'm in the fucking crosswalk. Turn your signal on, so I can know what you're doing.

People who freak out and can't understand when I say that I'm eating a meal at a non-traditional time. I don't work 9-5, I work 1-10. Breakfast is at noon, lunch is at 6, and supper is at midnight. Apparently when I answer "what are you doing?" with which meal I'm eating, it warrants full freak-out because it's just SO WEIRD.

People who are negative all the time, everywhere.

Someone posts about a positive change in the works for their city?
Negative asshole posts how it won't work, no reason to try.

Friend tells story about really positive things happening in her life.
Negative asshole complains that nothing good every happens to her, and that friend shouldn't get used to this new-found yay thing because "nothing good lasts".

GAH! STAHP!

When people start loudly packing their things up in class while the professor is still talking. I know it can be a time crunch if you've got other classes but I always feel guilty, like it's quite rude and they're doing their best to keep your attention.

Also, professors that consistently run over time. :p

Parents who interrupt the perfectly pleasant conversation about superhero masks that I'm having with their little kid because apparently kids shouldn't interact with anyone. SHUT UP GROWN UPS US KIDS ARE TALKING ABOUT REALLY SERIOUS STUFF OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.