AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back handed comments.

"You're so pretty for a [insert race here] girl."
"I only like you because I like [insert race here] girls."

I had a guy come in tonight that said "Your pretty for a trans model." Note: I am NOT a trans model! Part of me kind of got offended but then another part of me was thinking being offended means that being called Trans is somehow offensive and it really shouldn't be.

I had a guy come in tonight that said "Your pretty for a trans model." Note: I am NOT a trans model! Part of me kind of got offended but then another part of me was thinking being offended means that being called Trans is somehow offensive and it really shouldn't be.

I understand this thought process. Society (at least in the Southern US, anyway) has trained everyone to think that being called a different gender or sexual orientation is supposed to be super offensive. The fact that you acknowledge this and try to stop those thoughts from happening means that you're growing as a person. You're learning to move past the societal judgements and toward acceptance instead.

One of my favorite quotes is:
thoughts.jpg

I though of a new one today, when my doctor slut shames me for being non-monogamous. Ugh. I am supposed to be comfortable telling this person the truth about the things I do so that they can give me the best care possible, when you make me feel bad or dirty or shame me for doing the things I do it makes me not want to tell you about them, you judgmental googaly moogaly.

People driving around with their music so loud i can hear it in my apartment with the windows closed.

People who stare at me and when I meet their eyes, they just keep staring at me, into my eyes without saying anything or show a friendly expression. It's like I'm all of a sudden in a staring contest with a total stranger. Why?

How all cars now honk their horns when you lock them. Too much unnecessary honking.

When people make kissing noises at my dog.

Small talk.

I hate it when people come into my room and say I move in slow motion:

"Ohh the slow motion girl"
"I love your slow motion show"
"Is Chaturbate in slow-mo or something?"
"Is my computer having issues or is she moving in slow motion?"

I am not a movie, I am a person and its a live show. What I am doing is moving slowly.

Reactions: Osmia
I hate it when people come into my room and say I move in slow motion:

"Ohh the slow motion girl"
"I love your slow motion show"
"Is Chaturbate in slow-mo or something?"
"Is my computer having issues or is she moving in slow motion?"

I am not a movie, I am a person and its a live show. What I am doing is moving slowly.

Is it meant in a good-natured way (e.g., an in-joke by your room regulars)? If not, I can see that it would be annoying.

Mosquitoes. I hate 'em. Especially inside the house--that high-pitched whine near your ears, imagining what diseases they're carrying. And every time my dogs come in from outside, they bring more mosquitoes with them. They burrow into the dogs' medium-length coat trying to get to the skin. To prevent this, I feel like I would need to comb or brush them every time before they come in (which would be a PITA), or blow them off with compressed air (which they wouldn't like very much).

I get a magazine subscription renewal notice in the mail, covered with urgent messages that I must act NOW! or I'll miss some issues. I open it up and I have 6 to 12 months left before it expires. In the trash it goes. Ten seconds of my life I'll never get back. :arghh:

How all cars now honk their horns when you lock them. Too much unnecessary honking.

Yes! Haha. I don't drive, but every time I'm sitting outside and my neighbor pulls up in her van, when she gets out and closes it, it does that loud, annoying honk, and it makes me jump every time. Lol. I don't even notice it happening with other neighbors' cars...just hers because it's so loud.

Reactions: Ms_Diane
Selfies where a person has a lot of writing on their shirt but they don't flip the image they just leave it mirrored. (It kinda sucks with tattoos as well, I've spent time trying to decipher backwards ink on many pics.)

Don't phones nowadays automatically flip selfies for you? I'm pretty sure most of my iPhone selfies come out normal.

Yes! Haha. I don't drive, but every time I'm sitting outside and my neighbor pulls up in her van, when she gets out and closes it, it does that loud, annoying honk, and it makes me jump every time. Lol. I don't even notice it happening with other neighbors' cars...just hers because it's so loud.
That reminds me of when the microwave cycle is over and you open the door...why does it have to beep one more time to tell you you're opening the door? I mean, don't we already know we're opening the door? :)

That reminds me of when the microwave cycle is over and you open the door...why does it have to beep one more time to tell you you're opening the door? I mean, don't we already know we're opening the door? :)

I'll usually stop the microwave with one or two seconds left to avoid the annoying 5 or 6 beeps alerting you it's done. My ex really hated that... not only did it not display the time, but she had to hit a whole extra button to clear it when she wanted to nuke something, haha, poor baby.

I'll usually stop the microwave with one or two seconds left to avoid the annoying 5 or 6 beeps alerting you it's done. My ex really hated that... not only did it not display the time, but she had to hit a whole extra button to clear it when she wanted to nuke something, haha, poor baby.
Ha ha! I have some friends who are willing to injure themselves, running to the kitchen to open the door before those 5 or 6 beeps.

Ugh. My mom pronounces the t in general tso. That goes on the list.
Ha! My sister's mother in law insisted on calling their convection oven a CONFECTION oven. "Are you going to make the steaks in your confection tonight?"

Ya, I don't go quite that far... but there should most definitely be a way to disable those multiple ongoing beeps other than stopping it early.
/s But but but... how will people know when their food's done????? The poor humans will think it's cooking forever even when they only put 2 minutes, so they'll starve if it doesn't alert them!

Ya, I don't go quite that far... but there should most definitely be a way to disable those multiple ongoing beeps other than stopping it early.
Opening it right when it's done stops mine. Maybe newer/some models don't persist the beeps after you open it upon cooking completion.

When people tell huge lies that aren't even believable. This lady at work once complained that she was so tired because she did a ton of driving that weekend, then proceeded to tell us how far she drove. She claimed that, in two days, she drove from Iowa, to Texas, then California, then Arizona, then back to Texas, and finally back to Iowa.

Um. Even if you don't sleep and drive as fast as your car will go, that's not possible. It takes most of a day just to get from Iowa to the edge of Texas. And that's if you don't stop to eat, pee, stretch your legs, etc.

Guys that wear their wide-brimmed big ol' cowboy hat while they're driving their big ol' pickup. It just looks silly from the rear in silhouette, plus I am of the old school that says you should remove your hat when indoors, and "indoors" includes inside a vehicle. Maybe this is just a Texas thang.

I guess they feel like they're saddled up on their steed, goin' to round up those dogies...

I guess they feel like they're saddled up on their steed, goin' to round up those dogies...

Yeah, it is a Texas (or Cowboy) thang...but the regular Texans laugh at them too. Especially when getting out of the truck, they crush or knock off their hats.

When people pronounce the s's in Des Moines.

Unless they're from the area and doing it ironically to mock the people who really do it.

Has anyone mentioned those super-tough clear plastic retail product packaging shells? Those things are truly evil.

With some of them, I have to cut them open with large snips that I normally use for cutting thin sheet metal.
Blister packs! They are the work of Satan! lol

Has anyone mentioned those super-tough clear plastic retail product packaging shells? Those things are truly evil.

With some of them, I have to cut them open with large snips that I normally use for cutting thin sheet metal.

• Funny!
Reactions: Yarrow and Osmia
Blister packs! They are the work of Satan! lol
I don't find those nearly as annoying as the glued clamshell packaging as pictured above, but I do sometimes break a pill/capsule trying to get it out of the medicine ones. When they want you to first peel off the paper, THEN push through the blister.... RAWR.

When people say things like "If you have a miscarriage, that's just God telling you that you're not ready to be a mother right now." *rolls eyes* Who comes up with this shit??? So what about all of the good women who love/want children and are 100% on board with becoming mothers (and still have miscarriages)? So all of them "ain't ready to be a mother right now," huh? SMH. People are so rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.