AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question about MFC rules and offsite payments

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2011
The rules aren't exactly clear to me. Hopefully one of you can answer since I haven't gotten a reply from MFC.

MFC says models are allowed to share their contact info and promote their own personal sites on their profiles and in chat. But they also say models are not allowed to share contact info in order to arrange off-site payment.

So does that mean models can only link to non-commercial sites? What if their site offers memberships, sells on demand video, used panties and the like? Is that no allowed?

And if it isn't, would regular users of MFC who partake in such off-site services and products run the risk of being banned?

Thanks! :handgestures-salute:

bundaegi said:
The rules aren't exactly clear to me. Hopefully one of you can answer since I haven't gotten a reply from MFC.

MFC says models are allowed to share their contact info and promote their own personal sites on their profiles and in chat. But they also say models are not allowed to share contact info in order to arrange off-site payment.

So does that mean models can only link to non-commercial sites? What if their site offers memberships, sells on demand video, used panties and the like? Is that no allowed?

And if it isn't, would regular users of MFC who partake in such off-site services and products run the risk of being banned?

Thanks! :handgestures-salute:

There is a stickied and fairly exhaustive discussion of rules in the General Discussion forum. MFC Rules and warnings

In any case, those rules are for models. The only thing members need to worry about are the rules against spamming and harassment.

So then - if someone had a site, www.sarathemodel.com and they linked to it from their MFC profile, they can't have memberships, sell videos, sell panties, etc. on their personal site using some payment processor? They can only sell these things with MFC tokens? So once you model for MFC you can't make money anywhere else on the internet? ??

bundaegi said:
So then - if someone had a site, http://www.sarathemodel.com and they linked to it from their MFC profile, they can't have memberships, sell videos, sell panties, etc. on their personal site using some payment processor? They can only sell these things with MFC tokens? So once you model for MFC you can't make money anywhere else on the internet? ??

MFC cannot prevent models from working on other sites or making money other than through MFC, but they try to discourage it by making these rules.

Right, I get that they can't prevent it. But they can boot a model from MFC if they break their rules. I'm just trying to understand exactly how those rules apply and unfortunately, I still haven't gotten a straight answer here or from them.

If Model123 on MFC links to her personal website in her profile, then sells pictures, panties and videos on her personal website through a payment processor (not in MFC tokens), would that count as a rules violation? Would she be kicked off of MFC?

bundaegi said:
Right, I get that they can't prevent it. But they can boot a model from MFC if they break their rules. I'm just trying to understand exactly how those rules apply and unfortunately, I still haven't gotten a straight answer here or from them.

If Model123 on MFC links to her personal website in her profile, then sells pictures, panties and videos on her personal website through a payment processor (not in MFC tokens), would that count as a rules violation? Would she be kicked off of MFC?

MFC won't enforce it.

Is it me or is this post coming off as someone who wants to get a model busted for that? IDK, just my :twocents-02cents:

No I'm just genuinely curious about their contradictory rules. Like in one place they say models can't give their contact info to do cam shows off site but then on the same page they say they can sell 'other services' as long as they use tokens. Or they say models can't make arrangements to do offsite transactions but they say models can link to their personal pages. Why else would a model have a personal page other than to sell stuff? Or they say penetration is not allowed in public but it happens in many/most of the public rooms. Just strange.

bundaegi said:
No I'm just genuinely curious about their contradictory rules. Like in one place they say models can't give their contact info to do cam shows off site but then on the same page they say they can sell 'other services' as long as they use tokens. Or they say models can't make arrangements to do offsite transactions but they say models can link to their personal pages. Why else would a model have a personal page other than to sell stuff? Or they say penetration is not allowed in public but it happens in many/most of the public rooms. Just strange.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I were you.

Sevrin said:
bundaegi said:
So then - if someone had a site, http://www.sarathemodel.com and they linked to it from their MFC profile, they can't have memberships, sell videos, sell panties, etc. on their personal site using some payment processor? They can only sell these things with MFC tokens? So once you model for MFC you can't make money anywhere else on the internet? ??

MFC cannot prevent models from working on other sites or making money other than through MFC, but they try to discourage it by making these rules.

I think that the rules are there to prevent a scenario such as:

Model A joins MFC as she knows MFC has a LARGE amount of randy man traffic... randy men with money. Model A then gets on cam on said site, to take advantage of said man traffic. Model A then funnels all this man traffic to her site via her room by telling them to visit, and does not want tips but instead uses the PM feature to set up payments via Paypal for Skype shows, flogging underwear etc.

MFC gets nothing, zip, nada in such a scenario whilst the model profits from having free access to a large amount of traffic.

I get the idea that as long the model is working the MFC site like she is supposed to be, then they don't care whether they link to their own site or not and what they sell there. It is a problem if the model doesn't work the site as she is supposed to.

In this view the rules seem fairly clear, logical, reasonable and also why they're not enforced to the letter. It is because if they made it very specific it means you could find gaps that aren't covered, and exploit them. To prevent that, they'd have a rules page about a mile long... so a fusion of simplicity in the rules, and reasonable tolerance (i.e. not being enforced to the letter). At least, that's how I always viewed it. Cops don't bust you for doing 0.1mph over the limit after all... if they did there would probably be far more accidents as people obsess over speed to the detriment of the attention to the road, and cop popularity would fall as they'd be seen to be really really evil bastards. So tolerance and reasonable - makes everyone happy, whilst preventing (or being used to slap) the extreme abusers ;)

The reason they didn't bother contacting you back is because you are not a model and do not need to worry about it.

Now, if you had sent them screenshots of modelA pming you to ask for paypal money, then there *might* have been a reply, but more likely a case of modelA just getting punished, probably with a fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.