AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recent thoughts on Boleyn Models? Rude support

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Devine

Cam Model
Jul 8, 2016
USA
Twitter Username
@foxyspoonbender
MFC Username
Spoon_Bender
Streamate Username
BlakeDevine
Chaturbate Username
BlakeDevine
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/776482/Blake-Devine/
So I have been dipping my toes in the water with Streammate. I would prefer daily pay which is how I heard about Boleyn Models. I already have a streammate account and wanted to restart with Boleyn. I did not hear anything so I contacted support to check on the status. Support via skype was extremely rude because I made a simple mistake. Now I am having second thoughts about using Streammate at all. Has anyone had a similar experience with Boleyn models?boleynsupp1_LI.jpg
Boleynsupp2.png

Last edited:
Wow, that's messed up. How incredibly rude. I don't use Boleyn, but I've heard good and bad things about them. I like Streamate even without Boleyn, personally, but that's because it seems to be more my speed. I hope things work out for you, though.

I've been with them for years and never had a problem personally, but I do occasionally hear stories of them being rude or shorting people on payments. They seem to be great for most people, but shitty for a few, which is freaking weird.

Also, the results when I Google ffi... Not fun.

IMG_20170517_122717.jpg

So how many days do I have left? haha I see...maybe it is just Skype Support that is cranky? It just makes me hesitant that if an issue does come up I will have to endure undeserved rudeness to fix a problem. It may not be worth the daily pay but I am a sucker for that daily pay :)

Wow, I used the same email, which was an honest mistake, and they just skyped me asking for a different one. Complete 180 from this interaction.

I feel better knowing someone else made the same mistake :)

I didn't receive any notification that something was wrong. It just seemed like something was held up since I applied yesterday.

Maybe the guy was just having an off day? If you have decent experience with support than I guess it may not be normal for them to be grouchy

Jesus, that is some class-a cunt ass attitude! What a major dick, I would give up the convenience of daily pay in a heart beat after that interaction.

Jesus, that is some class-a cunt ass attitude! What a major dick, I would give up the convenience of daily pay in a heart beat after that interaction.
After some of the other things I've heard and details in their contract, I certainly wouldn't use them.

As getting-what-you-pay-for is concerned, Boleyn gets the job done. Your pay will be on time and in your account 99.9% of the time. I used them for years on a few sites and SM was the last that I phased out. I never had need for the little add-ons like income verification (not employment verification--income) or the like. I just wanted to get paid ACH on SM quickly and that's hard to pull off most days.

But in the land of what-you're-paying, I'd reconsider the studio if you don't honest to god need daily pay. Yes, it's convenient, but you pay for that convenience. On SM, going from 35% payout to 30% payout (or 30% to 26% if you're in a tier 2 country) means that you're losing not 5% of your income as the math might seem at first glance, but 13.3-14.3% (depending on tier level). That's a lot of money to get your money daily instead of 10-18 days out from the day you earn it (assuming you choose FirstChoice Global Bank Transfer, which deposits money direct to your bank account for $1.50 the second Tuesday after the pay period ends). With other sites, you can't leave the studio at all after you sign up (Flirt4Free, as an example; MFC in limited cases). With SM itself, when you leave the studio you have to restart your account once again, which is a total PITA even if it's a fairly quick issue to handle.

Customer support is...highly dependent. When I started and worked with Katy and Rae specifically, things were wonderful. Mr. Boleyn can be significantly less wonderful (and snarky af at times), as can many of their newer support staff. As they've expanded, they've become a lot more 'corporate studio' like than the old days when they were small, mom-and-pop studio status.

One of the more recent studio emails that was sent to all models really just put the nail in the coffin for me. I shit you not, it was like six pages of ranting about not calling customer support while you were high on drugs to ask for pay advances. I have no idea what in heaven's name was going on to warrant that email, but I was more worried about the writer being on drugs than any of the studio models at that point. I left soon after.

Knowing what I know now and what they've become, I wouldn't go with them again. I love Katy as a person, but I'll pass on the service these days. It's not worth what I lose.

Strange. I heard that they are actualy way better than other studios.
The lesser of all evils still has some evil. :)

I also heard that they uphold rules that the cam sites themselves don't even. A girl was suspended for a handful of days for saying something on MFC that MFC themselves would have never even batted an eyelash at, causing her to lose days of income not being able to broadcast there.

You sacrifice some of your own freedom and money by using ANY studio.

The lesser of all evils still has some evil. :)

I also heard that they uphold rules that the cam sites themselves don't even. A girl was suspended for a handful of days for saying something on MFC that MFC themselves would have never even batted an eyelash at, causing her to lose days of income not being able to broadcast there.

You sacrifice some of your own freedom and money by using ANY studio.
Why do some models choose to use studios?

In this case it's because they offer daily pay instead of like every 2 weeks pay if they were to go directly with the cam site. To some, the convenience of having money every day and not having to budget between paychecks is worth the sacrifice.

In other cases with studios that do not offer daily pay but offer assistance and advertising models will do it for lack of knowledge/ability on their own.

In the worst case scenarios, models may sign with a studio because they don't know any better, and/or the studio advertised themselves in a way that made it appear they were the actual cam site.

God, the more I think about it, the more I have to say.

First off--talking smack about Boleyn Models is hard. I started out on StripperWeb and Boleyn has a huge presence there. They're the only studio that really does, honestly, and people sing their praises. It probably stems from Katy more or less building the studio by word-of-mouth with heavy help from the forum. Factor in that, quite recently, one of their new staffers became the primary moderator for the camming subforum and I wouldn't dare talk smack there if you paid me. ACF is different because they have no presence at all here, and I find that super weird given that they're on ALL the social media but ACF. I still find it awkward to discuss old grievances because it feels like you risk your neck to do it. So please bare with me because I'm expecting someone to stab me with a pitchfork just writing this right now.

I started with Boleyn when it was very new. Katy was super helpful and I signed on with SM before adding a few other sites as they made new studios. Initially, she told me that if I wanted to leave in the future, it'd be an automatic release and I could take the account I'd made with me. Flash forward to my first attempt to leave and I'm told that's no longer true. At that point I got some mixed message about it never being true and me misunderstanding, then it was that no one had ever tried to leave the studio until recently and so they had only just discovered what SM support's take on the process was. I was miffed that no one bothered to check that in advance or communicate the information after, but sort of shrugged it off even though not being able to take your account with you is a huge pain in the ass (loss of comments, tags, ratings, placement, gold shows, settings, etc. is a huge PITA).

Then a girl showed up on SW soon after and voiced the same concern/frustrations. She was immediately shot down by Katy and half of the forum as having misunderstood, and the entire exchange was pretty rude (oh, that's where my fear comes from--ha!). I chimed in with my own experience politely and suggested Boleyn send out an email when policy changes like that were discovered. Within half an hour, I got a private message from Katy that basically said 'how dare you imply we don't do things above board.' It was a punch in the gut. I felt uncomfortable asking about things for months after that, but it was my only major run in with them personally.

Then there was that insane email about doing drugs on cam, asking for advances while high, insulting/being rude to Boleyn support while high and asking for advances. Really just the craziest fucking email. Everyone who read it was taken aback. Katy and occasionally her husband wrote the support emails for the first few years, but I think one of their new staffers is doing it now and they're, uh, a trip these days.

Then I got to ACF and just wow. There are a lot of issues, big and small, that I've seen both in the public and MO sections. I would never have imagined it, honestly. Yeah, they're still the best studio out there, but as Amber put it the lesser of all evils still has some evil in it. They're good most of the time, but when it's bad it's a mess.

Why? Two reasons--flashy graphics and false promises (99% of the time) or a real service (1% of the time). If you google 'become a camgirl,' basically every single link on the first two pages of results is for an affiliate or studio sign up. They'll say their site pays 75-80% and have fancy graphics so you sign up, then you realize later down the road that it was 75-80% of what you'd have gotten if you'd had the direct sign up link buried on page 20 and, unless you find a camming forum beforehand, a lot of ladies fall into that trap and end up giving a percentage of their earnings to a virtual pimp for life. Oh, and good luck leaving--once you've signed with a studio, even accidentally, the waiting time to leave is 6-12 months, if you're allowed to start over independently at all (looking at you, Cam$harks and InternetM0deling! You're top notch SCUM!).

As actual services go, daily pay and physical studios are the biggies. Some sites have shitty payout systems (SM is a huge dumpster fire that still doesn't offer actual ACH) or some ladies are desperate to get paid now because they need to pay their rent. Some ladies don't have the equipment, space, privacy, or legal right to work from home (Romanian models are basically all in studios for that reason) so they pay a fee to a studio for access. That's a small percentage of studios overall though.

Final Thoughts--lest you all forget this, studios do not exist only for your benefit. They are not some force for good that is here only for you and your needs. They exist to make money. In the best case scenarios, they also help you out but don't confuse them as being your friends. That's a rookie mistake I've personally made.

Last edited:
The other reason why a model may choose a daily pay studio over an independent account is because it's MUCH easier and faster to get paid as an international model through one. I got tired of using less reliable and less secure payment options personally. That said, I haven't had any issues with BM yet.

I've always had very polite interactions. I guess he was having a super bad day. Sorry that happened to you and definitely not a good first impression.

I love them even though I give up a percentage because I find daily pay very motivating. My income has shot up nicely simply because it's a good way for me to cheerfully get my butt on cam. It'd be great to get a higher percentage and be disciplined enough to work a ton of hours and wait for the money but I find it too difficult to manage. I suck at discipline and the thing that matters most to me is my bank account total. I make more money with daily pay in the end because I work more hours. If you can work all the hours you should while waiting for your pay to arrive then you probably don't need a daily pay service but I have to be honest with myself - I really do.

Also since I work a ton of sites to prevent boredom and bring in extra cash, the service is very very convenient for me when I have to report income for any reason and streamlines my tax preparation so much I'd do it just for that benefit. To me it's like having my own private accounting/payroll service.

I admire those of you who can do this work and wait weeks to be paid, and stay motivated, plus keep track of all your sites and income.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your through feedback! I truly appreciate it.

I am currently with a studio for Imlive which is called Enticelive and they are phenomenal. I already have daily pay with Imlive so I will not be using Boleyn Models since I have that as an egg for daily pay. I'll just deal with being patient and waiting for payment directly from Streamate. Patience is a virtue *eyeroll* haha

On other forums *cough* stripperweb *cough* BM has an entire thread where they have a presence. I didn't realize BM's absence on ACF until it was brought up by MsVixen which I agree it seems so odd. Katy Boleyn is very active there. There's nothing but rave reviews about BM on other forum.

On other forums *cough* stripperweb *cough*
Hehe you don't have to do that, ACF is very aware of SW and know they are a sister community. I am happy you've found better support for Boleyn there since they aren't around much here, if at all (can't remember, I think they were at one point).

Thank you everyone for your through feedback! I truly appreciate it.

I am currently with a studio for Imlive which is called Enticelive and they are phenomenal. I already have daily pay with Imlive so I will not be using Boleyn Models since I have that as an egg for daily pay. I'll just deal with being patient and waiting for payment directly from Streamate. Patience is a virtue *eyeroll* haha

On other forums *cough* stripperweb *cough* BM has an entire thread where they have a presence. I didn't realize BM's absence on ACF until it was brought up by MsVixen which I agree it seems so odd. Katy Boleyn is very active there. There's nothing but rave reviews about BM on other forum.
It's really not my place to say, because I'm not a model, however I feel obliged to. Katy Boleyn has given me invaluable help and insights, in more than one occasion . She's one of the most honest people I got to work with. I really don't know about the context of what you described, but I'm sure it can be resolved. Just my thought though.

Last edited:
It's really not my place to say, because I'm not a model, however I feel obliged to. Katy Boleyn has given me invaluable help and insights, in more than one occasion . She's one of the most honest people I got to work with. I really don't know about the context of what you described, but I'm sure it can be resolved. Just my thought though.
I appreciate what you have said. I agree that Ms. Boleyn is awesome :) My issue is and was never with her. It was with a whomever responded to me via Skype support. Unfortunately, the first interaction was not with her but an employee of hera.

She reached out to me at *cough* (JK Amber!) Stripperweb ;) here is link https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/s...els-InstantPay-Thread/page78&highlight=Boleyn

Also, I want to let the ACF community that she reached out to me personally via email and let me know what I needed to do to cut ties with Boleyn. She was professional and kind in the email to me.

In our defense on that one hubby was juggling no less than 12 conversations in that moment on the Skype support. He knew as soon as the conversation ended and the flurry died down he had "done wrong" on that one and came and told me. When people don't follow directions on the forms, sometimes we have time to email them to correct them, sometimes when we're swamped we simply don't.

FFI is a military term...hubby uses lingo when he's multitasking. It has nothing to do with diseases, mental or otherwise.

As for 99.8% accuracy on payments, that is true...and quite good considering we process almost 5000 source accounts daily. If and when it is not accurate, it will be corrected by the next day...you aren't dealing with months of waiting for an answer. We will NEVER take money that is fairly owed to you.

As for contract specifications, I think we have probably the most detailed, fair, honest, and absolutely model-favorable contract/terms in the industry. If its even remotely possible to do better in that regard, please let us know.

For the model suspended on MFC...it was not an issue that MFC would not blink an eyelash at, let me be clear on this. It was an issue that they had recently threatened to suspend our studio for if we chose not to police the behavior. We weren't about to kick 500+ hard-working models out of MFC and make them restart because someone needed to use PayPal or meet customers locally.

The email about drug induced behavior was a single paragraph regarding that. Yes, it was snarky. The results were positive though, we no longer spend upwards of half our day dealing with things that aren't relevant to camming or our models that are working hard. It was buried in the middle of the email regarding the PayPal (and other payment services) issues that were getting out of hand. We had our partner sites threatening to pull our studio status should we let it continue. On Streamate, we had a stead 2-3 models per week permanently lose their future income over this issue and this had been going on for months. We don't take it lightly, we don't take your income lightly. The fact we do care about our models means that when they do make themselves homeless or starve their kids because of decisions like this, it does become our problem. In our time we have posted bail, we have put deposits on long-term hotels, bought diapers directly, bought car rides for models to get to food banks and shelters, contacted family, lawyers, and mental health professionals, etc. When things turn out well, we feel good, when things go badly, its heartbreaking.

If you're a "pro" with your life 100% together, it probably does seem bizarre to read emails about how the other half lives. We see it all though, from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Last edited:
For the model suspended on MFC...it was not an issue that MFC would not blink an eyelash at, let me be clear on this. It was an issue that they had recently threatened to suspend our studio for if we chose not to police the behavior. We weren't about to kick 500+ hard-working models out of MFC and make them restart because someone needed to use PayPal or meet customers locally.
It would appear that the model mentioning the situation was really vague as it sounded like they were suspended off of one mild comment, so my apologies. If you had warnings from them and your studio was in jeopardy, it's understandable.

However I would still stay that if the model were not involved with a studio that her account would likely not have even been looked at for the behavior you mention. MFC is really lax, it would seem, with its independent models and information they share with members.

In our experience its not a case of being lax, its more a case of when/if its reported by a customer and when it creates an issue with a customer. Enough of these, then MFC starts looking at the studio saying "Why are so many of your models doing this...must be a problem with you." They have destroyed other studios in the past over systemic problems, and I have no doubt they won't hesitate in the future.

"No Paypal!!! (or similar)" is seriously our ONLY RULE of any consequence. Too much tragedy results from people that think they're smarter than the system. If you can't abide by that, we release you without question to be on your own at any time, which is more than fair. We have legit adult processors working with us that can get you in the ballpark of 93% of your earnings (generally 70-80% for indy though, as a rule) - there's absolutely zero reason to take clients off-site or off the books and massive risk in doing so. PayPal works wonderful for you...until the day it doesn't. Then your life becomes a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.