AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recent thoughts on Boleyn Models? Rude support

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was criticism of the customer service-not a full blown unfounded hate attack. No one wants to make anyone cry nor did anyone seek out to just "have someone to hate". It's just not that personal. Most of the posts here were civil and well worded and if anything, your husband posting here is what escalated it all hence proving further so I don't like the fingers being pointed here like everyone is evil trying to ruin someone's buinsess or hop on some hate campaign when it's not like that at all.

I'm sorry but I'll be blunt-blame your husband for his shitty "damage control" for lashing out-not the community for reacting to it. the issue started with him and its super shitty of him to come here and make it worse when no one was even saying bad things about YOU at all and OP expressed being happy you were here and felt resolved of the issue

Nobody wanted to hate you?? What benefit would everyone have for hating you?

These posts because someone shared screenshots of your business being unnecessarily rude and people saying "wow rude", and then your husband not just fanning the fire but lighting it, is silly. Nobody is calling for your head or saying you're the "ultimate evil". But his post was an instigation and made your business look unprofessional and terrible. I feel badly for you because he's been the issue in both the initial issue and now in the resurgence of a thread where everyone seemed to be over it.

I got good support from Boleyn a year or two ago when I was trying to sign up, though my account never got finished. I think you have a valuable service and you had such a good thing going as a fellow model that it sucks that this has gone off the rails so much. Who you allow to represent your business is hugely important and I hope you'll try to see it from model's perspectives.

Also maybe a good lesson that one bad experience will be shared way more often than a good one. They drilled this into me at my first job at age 16 and it still stands, especially on the internet.

Katy, it just bugged me that you didn't initially apologize in your first post. I wasn't trying to pile on you, I just wanted you to apologize publicly, so this little thing didn't harm your business. Because I can see it was a little, and it just didn't sit right with me. I know how hard you work and the sacrifices you two have made. Like I said, I hope we could all learn from this. Especially your hubby. Because he seriously threw a moltov cocktail.

No hate what so ever, just disappointed a little. After you said your apology post, I was like GOOD! WE CAME TO A GREAT ENDING. EVERY ONE KISS AND BE HAPPY.

Cheer up. :h:

Edit to add:
Remember @Blake Devine is still new to camming. She wanted to know if her interaction was normal. I would hope when any cammodel had second thoughts on anything towards their business, they would want to come to any cam community and ask.

Last edited:
Sorry but people were very clear what the issue was and why. No one called you the ultimate evil or any crap like that. He was called out for being rude, you came in defending it away, you got called on neither of you saying sorry, you did and it was fine, then in he comes throwing insults with excuses and now you're here playing victim. Guess what? You're not a victim. People talking about your business actions and behavior when they are bad is not a poor you moment. If him acting rude and people noticing it makes you cry, then find a new customer service agent, because that's all that happened here.

No one brought out pitchforks until he decided to call us jackals. So let's not pretend anymore how strictly professional and nice you both are because his true colors just shown through. You seem nice Katy, legitimately great, but you married a liability who needs to not be involved with the company publicly when this happens on repeat. This isn't your fault, you didn't cause this, but he did and then decided to throw C4 and Hydrogen on it. I don't feel bad he caused a situation and made it worse, I don't blame you for his actions either, he's an adult responsible for himself. I do blame you for playing victim and poor me though because it's really ignoring the actual issues brought to you here.

This whole situation is just unfortunate all the way around.

In 4 years we have never been less than polite to anyone, in 100's of interactions every day, except for the OP. That one interaction. For that one, we did privately take care of her and she made her decision. It was resolved. Then she chose to do this, inviting people that DO NOT KNOW US to pile on and asked around until she got an answer. And I apologized. Again. And it just wasn't good enough.

To be honest, my hubby was rude but at no point did he insult her or withhold info. She was told what the issue was once it was researched. If you want to think of us as the ultimate evil based on one interaction out of literally 10,000's, that's your prerogative again. We know who we are and who we serve.

But I think everyone here is beyond listening so I don't even know why I'm writing. You wanted someone to hate and you have it for this week.

Only quoting the parts of the reply that I am going to address - not trying to twist words or delete anything that was said.

I am very glad that you have had so many amazing interactions. I know that my interactions with YOU in the past have been lovely, and I was impressed with your caring. The initial post wasn't a bad thing, and I don't think Blake has anything that she should feel apologetic about. She wasn't fanning a witch hunt. She had a question and wanted others' experiences. There is nothing wrong with that. In this community, it is important to share our experiences. That is how we all grow.

She had a bad experience. It might be the first time in 100s of interactions, which is why your company's response to that is important. Everyone has a bad day. No one is 110% amazing at customer service. It's just not feasible. We are humans. In such an instance, the best thing to do is listen. To acknowledge the fact that it was not a common occurrence, apologize (like you did), and strive to ensure that it wouldn't happen again. That is the best way to handle a situation when an employee under your responsibility treats a customer with rudeness. Rudeness itself is an insult. No one deserves to be treated rudely for a simple mistake. This is why it is SO IMPORTANT to treat all of your models politely. And in the case where mistakes happen, to acknowledge the mistake and rectify it. To take responsibility for it and ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Your apology WAS enough. A customer came forward about a poor experience. You stepped in and apologized for it. That's what your customers want. The incident was over. Everyone was relatively satisfied. We wanted your company to acknowledge the poor customer experience and learn from it, so it wouldn't happen again. If it had stopped there, everything would have been forgiven and forgotten, I think.

What WASN'T okay was your husband's response, guns blazing and acting as if we are divas for wanting to be treated respectfully. His response was so far from appropriate, and completely invalidated your apology. No one is saying that you or your business are evil. We are saying that such behavior is not appropriate or acceptable towards the models. If he had come to add his own apology, admit that he was having a bad day and would try to remain professional in the future, it would be one thing. We would have understood that, and would have appreciated the apology coming from his mouth. But he took a simple case of rudeness and escalated it very high, and then acted like our business isn't needed and because you guys make so much money, he doesn't have to listen to anyone's feelings, and that politeness is ass-kissing. No model is going to feel good about that. It doesn't feel like he is even aware that he did something wrong in the first place. The thread went from a single rude experience into something far more cringe-worthy and horrifying.

I am sorry that you feel attacked and that it has brought you to tears. No one here is intending to vilify you. We are trying to point out that we want to be treated like human beings. We want to be treated politely. That is all that we expect from the businesses we interact with. You may have had a million positive interactions, but that doesn't negate the bad experience here. Mistakes happen. Rudeness happens. But how your business handles it from that point is just as important as striving to ensure it doesn't happen again.

But I think everyone here is beyond listening so I don't even know why I'm writing. You wanted someone to hate and you have it for this week.

I think everyone is absolutely listening and I haven't seen anyone hating on anyone except for your incredibly rude husband. You may make it seem like I am being cold, but you project yourself as a strong business woman yet you have done a fairly stereotypical "turn the waterworks on" when things are not going your way. To then be rescued by your unpleasant husband? I don't understand in what sense this is professional. It seems like behaviour more suited to a school yard. I am sorry that this has been upsetting for you, but I haven't seen any personal attacks at you, just people questioning your business practice in terms of customer service. The OP of this thread's issue may have been resolved, but that doesn't change that your husband was very rude and patronising towards her. It doesn't matter that he didn't call her names, the implication was enough. She has every right to share this information with her co workers and friends to see if they have had the same issues. This is not spiteful, this is perfectly reasonable business.

I am glad you have helped people, but you are talking as though you are running a charity. You are not, you take money for this service and are clearly making millions from it. I don't hear Leo coming here and making excuses or accusing us of being haters when someone talks about MFC errors. He doesn't act like he's running a charity and whine about us turning on him even though I am sure MFC and other camsites have got women out of poverty. No, he is a professional and hires customer service who deal with issues politely. They aren't perfect but they are never rude or unprofessional. Look at this forum, look how much we talk about these errors and discuss them, even if they've been fixed by support.

You have been running this business for 4 years you say, and you're doing incredibly well. That's awesome, but my advise is; quit making things so personal, it isn't personal. It's business. If there's an issue then resolve it, make sure it doesn't happen again and allow people to talk to each other if they have had an issue. All you're doing by getting publicly upset is trying to quieten people who have issues and guilt trip them into not talking. Covering up the issue though will not fix it, you will just continue having the same problem with everyone too afraid to mention it.

I am not looking for someone to hate, nor am I attacking you. I am pointing out a few key errors you've made in this thread and how you could rectify this. I feel like this is pretty nice seeing as these errors could literally mean the expiry date of your business.
You are not a woman working in a charity cake shop, you are a woman running what must be a multi million dollar business, so why are you acting like the former? Business is hard, if you make so much then it's not going to be all sunshine and rainbows unfortunately. If your customer service is poor people will cease to trust you as a company, even if you do everything else right. And if you look like you're allowing your husband to call the shots behind the scenes and publicly he seems incredibly rude, it's going to reflect badly on you and make girls wonder if you're really going to be trustworthy in the long run.
It sucks, but that is life. In the cam world lots of girls are wary of men in the industry to begin with, let alone after they've show a complete lack of professionalism.

@Katy Boleyn --

That you would twist four pages of posts that are specifically about how rude your husband has been (and is still being) into some sort of victimization towards yourself is unsavory and manipulative.

No one said anything negative about you personally in FOUR PAGES, except about the lack of apology in the beginning of the interaction. Your husband is the one responsible for this getting out of hand. For you to play victim and act as if you have been personally and unfairly tarred and feathered only makes your whole team look even less professional and more suspect.

Your coming here seeking sympathy and complaining that you are crying about this is not our responsibility. It is your husband's responsibility and your lacking business model in how you treat potential clients that is the cause of this upset -- not anything said on this forum.

In 4 years we have never been less than polite to anyone, in 100's of interactions every day, except for the OP. That one interaction. For that one, we did privately take care of her and she made her decision. It was resolved. Then she chose to do this, inviting people that DO NOT KNOW US to pile on and asked around until she got an answer. And I apologized. Again. And it just wasn't good enough.

To be honest, my hubby was rude but at no point did he insult her or withhold info. She was told what the issue was once it was researched. If you want to think of us as the ultimate evil based on one interaction out of literally 10,000's, that's your prerogative again. We know who we are and who we serve.

And today he found me in tears because I do see people I know I helped personally here piling on because...I have no idea. I never did anything to some of these. I wish he hadn't have talked so much more, but he did. I don't think he was necessarily wrong, but its because I know where his heart is.

In 4 years we have never not paid a model exactly what she was owed at the fastest time the circumstances allowed. We have never terminated a relationship through any abuse put upon us except if it directly threatened other models. We never held any grudges. We've never been less than respectful or compassionate with ANYONE that has dealt with us. This is with thousands of models going in and out of our doors. You want to twist everything, that's fine. I know somebody will.

We've been incredible advocates for cammodels in every forum we enter, both in the interwebz and real life. I never lost site of how I started out. To say that there aren't a few models that have problems would be delusional though. We tend to deal with it more because of our business model. We also have very "top models" that have come and gone when they needed a little help in their lives and we absolutely don't look down on anyone for it.

Nobody is saying that you are terrible or evil. Just stop letting your husband talk to customers. As evidenced by the screenshots AND his post here, he clearly has no business dealing with customers.

I say this as someone who worked retail for years and hated it because I'm not good at dealing with people. I switched to doing stock rather than cashiering, and boy, did my job get a hundred times more pleasant.

Same thing happened when I did the office job gig. Working the phones, I was bitchy and grumpy. I switched to a position where I handled documents all day and didn't even have a phone at my desk, WOW, BEST JOB EVER.

Hell, the same even applies to camming. As a regular model, it was OK, but as a Domme, people actually pay me to be mean to them! Holy shit, this is great! I can call someone a gross fucking loser and they give me money, holy DICK!

Just, like, don't put people who are bad at customer service into customer service positions. That's ALL anybody here is saying.

Overall, if your company is as hugely successful as your husband gloats about, maybe you can afford to hire the best damn customer service agents money has to offer. This has all just been about him and not you. We're all human here and can let our emotions get to us, but telling us that you were crying about it is kind of unprofessional. Sex workers get shit thrown at them every day, and you have to grow a back bone.

People have been listening to you all along. I'm an outsider to the industry, I'm a customer so I have a different viewpoint.

The last time you posted you apologized, pretty much everyone accepted that. The problem was that a general discussion of customer service arose after that between a couple of posters and SMuser69. The issues really weren't directed at the original post, they were more general. I think you took them as still piling on you when they weren't intended to be.

It's a forum, conversations usually keep going for while before they realize they're dead, kind of like large reptiles. By the time your husband posted BM was pretty much out of the picture. Unfortunately he threw it back in with an explosive attached.

From what I can see a lot of models respect you and like you. You have a good reputation as shown by lots of posts I've read on Stripperweb over the past couple of years. If you didn't this discussion would have been a lot shorter, " they suck, move on." Instead people took the time to put out some well thought out posts, hopefully pointing out an area that you could improve in. Along with a few not so well thought out ones but that's the nature of a forum.

You have a distinct presence on SW, you may want to consider spending more time on here too, there are models that don't inhabit both boards. Let people see what you are like and what your business is like firsthand.

If you do, please have your husband register his own account, easier to keep track that way.

This is the husband, BTW. I don't find the whole going off on my wife/business partner or other catty bullshit here over this amusing. She is literally the kindest person I've ever met, as well as hard-working and competent. She's never done wrong by ANYONE...ever, so far as I know.

You want to talk business. Lets take your barrista parallel.

Customer walks into your coffee bar, with a big long line going out the door. This customer gets to the front of the line and orders her mocha latte and gets out her checkbook to write a personal check. The catch? There's giant flashing sign over the bar that says NO CHECKS. She saw the sign, didn't think it applied to her, and thought it would be ok anyways because you're desperate for her business. Except you're not desperate, you're busy that day. On a normal day you'd take the time to explain to her why you can't take her damned check and to get out some cash...but today you got 12 orders up and a line behind her getting agitated. You have other people in line waiting to pay - without wanting to write a check. Gruffly you let her know she needs to go place her order again. If she chooses to be insulted, she can take her business elsewhere.

If we then resolve it quietly with the nicer co-owner, but she really needs her 15 minutes of attention and wants to post it everywhere until a bunch of raving jackals listen to her, so be it. No dear, we don't want to be your friend and hang out so more of your besties here can tell her what a bitch she is.

As the business owner, if I don't like your haircut, I don't need to deal with you. You're not dealing with customer support when you talk to us. You're dealing DIRECTLY with the people that can fix your stuff, can make decisions, and know what they're talking about. All of our employees are fully empowered to make and control their own areas of expertise. This is how we do things. I'm not "nice", I am fair. Our integrity is absolute.

You work hard, play by the rules, and want to work with us, we will help you succeed. If you're having trouble making money camming, we will tell you honestly what the problem is...even if its you (and we will be very specific as to what). It does nobody any good to lie to models so they keep doing the same things that aren't making them money. The corporate kiss-ass style is not us and never has been. If you want someone to suck up to you and treat you like a diva, feed your narcissism, while stabbing you in the back - go somewhere else.

As cammodels, how many "bad clients" have you ever let go because they didn't want to play by your rules? How much did you just LOOOVE it when a non-paying gray comes in your room and tells you how to run it? You build a multi-million dollar business out of spare student loans and then come tell us again how to run our show and about how we're doing it wrong.

We pay people every, freaking, day. We talk to people that are sometimes in desperate situations. It becomes personal. Its the only real way to run this particular niche. If we wanted to make better money but lose our morals and ethics, we'd just copy InternetModeling's business profile and be done with it.

She may have it in her to apologize. That's her way. That's why there's 2 of us. Somebody needs to be the hugger, and someone needs to hoist the black flag once in a while and go take some heads.

I'm sure all the experts here will have more to say on the matter, but we're personally done.

Personally, I'd just presume the customer never saw the sign, tell them we don't accept cheques, be polite, helpful and not act like a complete diva. Eat a fucking snickers buddy. You could start a book... "how to ruin a business in one comment"

I don't know how you plan on helping anyone succeed, as you say when you're literally the worst person at your job I have ever seen.

Here's a video of a 4 year old doing customer service, maybe give it a watch and you might pick up a thing or two...

Everyone that has dealt with us for any length of time has talked to both me and him at some point or another. We each have our very specific specialties, but for the most part I'm the numbers person and he answers emails and does both support roles. Like I said, he's flawlessly done 10,000's of interactions, 100's a day. In fact, you have no idea who is who ever with us unless you're really in the inner circle or are talking to one of us by voice chat. That's what could be considered funny in this thread...each of us wrote an email from the point of view of the other, or did we? :)

And that's why people that think they were just attacking him were attacking me. Most of the specific things mentioned that came after the OP post were things I had handled personally from our records research. We couldn't find where we'd made a bad call though, not that it matters.

No, I'm not firing him for snapping (just a tiny bit) one time. He is NOT going to sit on his ass and collect unemployment from his own damned company and watch me work all day. Yes, he has been begging me to fire him all day today and I can't tell if he's joking.

As for making him do other jobs - he does those also anyways, including the kick ass new platform and website we're about to launch (fingers crossed). Lately I've gotten myself down to 50 hours a week or so, but he's still clocking almost 80.

As for the crying thing, I wouldn't have mentioned it except someone asked "What triggered him."

We do have 3 different support channels (mine, his, Rae's, and our 4th person runs the Twitter support - her call to make herself known), email support tends to go to whomever gets it first (and sometimes you'll receive multiple answers to the same email), and if anyone gives you dissatisfying service, feel free to contact the other.

Last edited:
On a normal day you'd take the time to explain to her why you can't take her damned check and to get out some cash...but today you got 12 orders up and a line behind her getting agitated. You have other people in line waiting to pay - without wanting to write a check. Gruffly you let her know she needs to go place her order again. If she chooses to be insulted, she can take her business elsewhere.

ahhhhhhahhahaahahhahaah, oh man... As someone who worked in retail for over 3 years, that is a NO NO. There were times customers made snide remarks, were rude, demanding, entitled even when they were wrong. They made me angry, some even made me have to go in the break room and cry for a couple mins before dusting off my big girl pants and walking back out with a gleaming smile, but never do you just say "They made me mad and I'm busy so the gloves are off" aww you got mad that you chose a job that keeps you busy and makes you multitask? tough. Customers are your bread and butter, they are what give you your job in the first place. Everyone makes mistakes, misses a sign or misreads something now and again, but to say people deserve your rotten attitude basically because you're having a bad day and are busy is bullshit, especially when that person was being NICE! Bad attitudes and bad business spread by word of mouth. Something to remember.

Everyone that has dealt with us for any length of time has talked to both me and him at some point or another. We each have our very specific specialties, but for the most part I'm the numbers person and he answers emails and does both support roles. Like I said, he's flawlessly done 10,000's of interactions, 100's a day. In fact, you have no idea who is who ever with us unless you're really in the inner circle or are talking to one of us by voice chat. That's what could be considered funny in this thread...each of us wrote an email from the point of view of the other, or did we? :)

And that's why people that think they were just attacking him were attacking me. Most of the specific things mentioned that came after the OP post were things I had handled personally from our records research. We couldn't find where we'd made a bad call though, not that it matters.

No, I'm not firing him for snapping (just a tiny bit) one time. He is NOT going to sit on his ass and collect unemployment from his own damned company and watch me work all day. Yes, he has been begging me to fire him all day today and I can't tell if he's joking.

As for making him do other jobs - he does those also anyways, including the kick ass new platform and website we're about to launch (fingers crossed). Lately I've gotten myself down to 50 hours a week or so, but he's still clocking almost 80.

As for the crying thing, I wouldn't have mentioned it except someone asked "What triggered him."

We do have 3 different support channels (mine, his, Rae's, and our 4th person runs the Twitter support - her call to make herself known), email support tends to go to whomever gets it first (and sometimes you'll receive multiple answers to the same email), and if anyone gives you dissatisfying service, feel free to contact the other.

I think one of the biggest problems is that you either can't see the problem or refuse to accept it. No acknowledgement of his most recent post, just saying that his attitude is warranted because he is super busy, It's great that he's nice sometimes but it certainly isn't showing here and it's hardly and excuse for him treating someone like shit.

Oh come sign up to our company, we'll talk to you like crap, but we'll get the job done is what he basically said.

How does that make sense?

No acknowledgement of his most recent post, just saying that his attitude his warranted because he is super busy,

If that's the case, then he needs to be a little bit less busy. Like not doing customer service and focusing on the other stuff.

What I've got from this thread is, never contact support, they're going to be a dick. So if something with my account gets messed up, just suck it up buttercup, nobody's going to help, they're just going to berate me for being a dumbass.

That's what could be considered funny in this thread...each of us wrote an email from the point of view of the other, or did we? :)

That's....fucked up. Like, really? Either way I've only spoken on the initial part YOU said was him and when he came in saying it was him. Nothing more. If y'all are lying about even that, that's messed the fuck up man.

company and watch me work all day. Yes, he has been begging me to fire him all day today and I can't tell if he's joking.

You should listen to him if he's serious. Or at least ban him from speaking to people at minimum. The fact that you're not taking it seriously at all though tells me you won't do shit about it. That's unfortunate.

No excuse. There's never an excuse to initially be rude to someone asking a question, nor for him to come here and do what he did either. None. I don't care about this magic launch or how many hours either of you are working. The girls you're making money off of work hard too. And they don't deserve to be treated like crap.

This is a giant lesson in how 1 (horribly) bad customer service experience can cancel out 1,000's of good.
Buisness 101. Negative interactions spread 10x more than positive, so how you handle that after the fact could seriously make or break an entire company.

It is noones fault but your own, BM, that a brand new client had to ask if your rude support was normal or not. It sucks but only you two could control the aftermath...

And today he found me in tears because I do see people I know I helped personally here piling on because...I have no idea. I never did anything to some of these. I wish he hadn't have talked so much more, but he did. I don't think he was necessarily wrong, but its because I know where his heart is.
If you'd like to continue to act like a jury/firing squad, we could go all night. I found my second wind.
oWVPPXF.gif

When he actually starts doing so on a regular basis, please let me know. We most certainly did address the OP post, several times...internally, with you all publicly. If you'd like to continue to act like a jury/firing squad, we could go all night. I found my second wind.

Wait, what? Why does it matter how many times he does it? People can get fired for ONE bad instance. In this case, it's been a couple times already. We don't know how many times he's acted like that, maybe some of your clients just haven't complained about it. I wonder how differently this would go down if he wasn't your husband.

When he actually starts doing so on a regular basis, please let me know. We most certainly did address the OP post, several times...internally, with you all publicly. If you'd like to continue to act like a jury/firing squad, we could go all night. I found my second wind.

And Saffron, you know what is true. Please stop.

As you said you resolved it.. then he came here and publicly said she was acting like she is desperate for his business (in his coffee example) among MANY other things...

When she stuck up for you and was extremely polite!

And Saffron, you know what is true. Please stop.

Yeah, I know that you bragged about helping people in this thread, paying for hotels and diapers and shit, but whoever responded the one time I asked about an advance when I really needed help to pay my internet bill so I could work, laughed in my face over my recent earnings. They could have turned me down politely, but they were blunt and rude about it.

Correct way to handle that situation: "We're sorry, but you do not meet the requirements to receive an advance at this time."

Way that it WAS handled: "You've made $xx.xx over the past x weeks. No." I felt like I'd been slapped in the face.

If you'd like to continue to act like a jury/firing squad, we could go all night. I found my second wind.

Let's go all night then. Enough with the victim crap. No ones acting like a firing squad. Your husband messed up and after prodding you did apologize. Said penance was happening. But when he goes off calling names and saying bullshit all over...that you accept and think is alright? That's professional? Acceptable? Not worthy of an apology by him or moving him from customer service positions? Really? See that's what you're not grasping here it seems. It's not okay. You backing him on it like it's justifiable, just brings you down with him.

The ego on these people. You run a fucking studio, making money off women who *actually* work. Take a fucking seat.

Eww the cattiness combined with playing then martyr. Barf. I hope a ton of people see this. It grates on my nerves so hard to see such rude and unprofessional people owning a business. They have zero place doing so.

Hi there!

First time caller, long time listener...

Still wondering what FFI means...

Also--Super digging the good cop/bad cop routine...just dramatic enough without going over the top. Did you study at Julliard?

Status
Not open for further replies.