AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recent thoughts on Boleyn Models? Rude support

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I kinda feel super embarrassed when I became more active on here and was giving BM praises and saying how they are super professional. :eggface:

So I kinda feel super embarrassed when I became more active on here and was giving BM praises and saying how they are super professional. :eggface:
Don't beat yourself up. Nobody listens to you anyway.

Tomorrow its back to work, let a girl relax and have fun. In 4 years we haven't ever had a really good hate thread (or one at all really). That Collin guy tried hard when we started but he kind of faded. We always told other businesses that a "baptism by fire" is normal when they get trashed on Stripperweb, but it never actually happened for us. We were due.

• Hugs
Reactions: OldHippy
Tomorrow its back to work, let a girl relax and have fun. In 4 years we haven't ever had a really good hate thread (or one at all really). That Collin guy tried hard when we started but he kind of faded.

Girl, i have ranted and raved about your services. I have made sure people I personally knew signed up through you because of their situation. THIS WAS NOT A HATE THREAD. Get it through your skull. You are being incredibly rude. and you probably severally damaged your reputation with a popular camming forum. I also defended you when Colin was string to run you guys threw the mud when you first started up.

So sleep on that. Deuces.

Tomorrow its back to work, let a girl relax and have fun. In 4 years we haven't ever had a really good hate thread (or one at all really). That Collin guy tried hard when we started but he kind of faded.

Being cavalier about legitimate customer concerns and opinions.... How does this hole keep getting deeper? There is no way I can believe this is Katy speaking.

811.gif

Makes extremely inflammatory comments, then asks to be allowed to relax and have fun.

I thought you'd 1000's of emails to reply to, which was your reasons for being horribly rude in the first place?

Makes extremely inflammatory comments, then asks to be allowed to relax and have fun.

I thought you'd 1000's of emails to reply to, which was your reasons for being horribly rude in the first place?
You would think they would be busy?

@Katy Boleyn I am going to be honest, I am going to terminate my relationship with the service because of this thread.

Here's why: I don't want my sensitive personal information handled by someone who flies off the handle. I am, frankly, concerned about how my information will be handled in light of this post but I am trusting everyone will be above board, because until this point BM had always been.

I should make it clear that I am referring to the husband. I have no beef with Katy and truly appreciate her service. Husband, you assume there is malicious intent behind Blake messing up in her email form, and you assume there is malicious intent behind many of the posts here. It is not professional and I know I don't want any of my own business related interactions to be perceived as anything other than business. There is no reason to have such a chip on your shoulder. People overlook things, it happens. It's rarely a personal attack, a misplaced sense of entitlement, or willful negligence.

I am also going to say that if every restaurant owner was personally wounded by their negative Yelp reviews, they'd probably have a mental breakdown. I have no sympathy and fail to see how Katy being upset is relevant. You are a business, take a deep breath and calm yourself before posting on a public forum. It was unfortunate that things were interpreted as being intentionally cruel, but this isn't personal. It's business. All business owners run against criticism from time to time and it is up to them to represent themselves graciously and settle it.

In life, the only things you control are your reactions, and the reactions demonstrated here make me incredibly uneasy.

You said you have all night though. Guess not. Seems you're intent on deluding yourself like calling this a hate thread. Go ahead with that. Criticism has been given for a reason. You both refusing to take it (because to you it's totes normal to pretend to be each other) as exactly what it is says a lot about you and your "successful" business. That's cool, but the internet is forever. And we're like elephants here. We don't forget shit.

We have gone through and privately contacted people for anything serious we've seen proffered here. It is being addressed.

We've said repeatedly it was a one-off thing. I have apologized. We're researching where it might have happened once a while ago also. No, we do take our actual job seriously. Long story short though, everyone gets paid. Everyone with a legit concern is taken care of with us. No exceptions. This has always been the case. I've said that repeatedly.

There isn't much more to do except chill out until its time to work. Maybe say thank you for the earnest business advice from various people here.

We have gone through and privately contacted people for anything serious we've seen proffered here. It is being addressed.

We've said repeatedly it was a one-off thing. I have apologized. We're researching where it might have happened once a while ago also. No, we do take our actual job seriously. Long story short though, everyone gets paid. Everyone with a legit concern is taken care of with us. No exceptions. This has always been the case. I've said that repeatedly.

There isn't much more to do except chill out until its time to work. Maybe say thank you for the earnest business advice from various people here.

You should really change your password Katie.

@Katy Boleyn

Your current dismissiveness, disregard, and minimization are likely to hurt your business far worse than the initial situational rudeness. Not one single person on this forum has agreed with your viewpoint, and yet, you are still acting like people are out to get you instead of understanding we are expressing dismay and disappointment with what, up until now, was seen as a trustworthy enterprise.

That trustworthiness has been lost tonight, and the only people responsible for that are the people posting in your name (you and your husband, to our knowledge). At this point, it is sad more than anything else.

I do not believe I am alone when I say that what I will remember most about your business is how you mishandled yourself in this thread and how poorly you treated every, single, unanimous voice here trying to express how this understandable grievance affected their thoughts and beliefs about your company.

@Katy Boleyn

I have worked in very senior positions in the hospitality industry and I have interacted with my fair share of customers who I thought lacked even an ounce of common sense or personal accountability. There were many times I could have easily given a snarky comment back to a customer and because of my senior positions no one would have questioned me. Certainly being short with the customer and putting them back in their place might have made me feel better for a bit, it might even have been justified, but I know that appart from giving me some small satisfaction for a little while nothing good would come out of it. In the end biting your tongue can avoid a giant storm in a teacup. Believe me I understand how frustrating people can be, but for the success of a business vent the steam away from the customer's eyes and ears.

I wish you all the best of luck, from the little I have seen and know from the camming industry, the industry needs people with integrity and honesty. I believe from what I have read that you do fit that bill. Hopefully this PR disaster will help you to improve some areas of your business.

I don't get this "it only happened one time". As though that makes it better. One time is enough. I have had friendships break down after years when suddenly they show their true colours and say something awful. If I were in a relationship and that person suddenly said something horrific or hit me I wouldn't be making excuses for all those times they were good (which is what many in abusive relationships do). Nope, I would see the warning signs and would move on. Those are for relationships I actually care about. I would definitely be dropping a company as soon as this sort of thing happened, it's not like I wouldn't get paid without your company, and there are other options for this service.

People don't just "snap" and become a different person, that person has always been there, just under control. What we have seen from this thread is he was very rude in a message, we also know from others that this isn't the first occasion (it's actually one of the few things I knew about your company before this thread). And then we see another post which rather than reassuring us that it was just an isolated case, showed us all that actually the person we're dealing with has a serious attitude problem and is absolutely not someone we want to do business with. We're now aware that when he is being nice and helpful in customer support, this is actually what he's thinking and he could turn at any moment. We have no idea how many times this has happened, all we know is that people feel uncomfortable complaining about it because either Katy will play the victim and tell us stories of how she saves us poor wretched cam models (for a nice profit of course), and her husband will be increasingly unpleasant. I also know from other reports and from Katy mentioning here that she'll (or he'll) harass you in PM, which is probably more of a deterant to ever make a complaint.

The original post from the OP might have made me think twice, but had the response been professional and apologetic the damage would have been undone. It's actually the posting since which has given me issues with your company, from all of the responses.

Let's face it, if you hired someone for customer service and he wasn't your husband they would be fired for this. Or moved onto something else. Being told that your husband handles the customer service normally has done nothing to reassure me. I understand, you're married, you fight from the same corner. But from my point of view, you are both as bad as each other. I see you're playing a good cop, bad cop scenario, but from where I'm standing you both sound fucking crazy. Sure, you've made all your payments now. But if you break down and go bankrupt what happens then?

One case is enough, especially as for many here this will be their first interaction with your company. Plus, this is not a hate thread, the only people getting emotional, crazy and even remotely hate filled are those responding from Katy Boleyn's account. Everyone else is just voicing legitimate concerns and making suggestions for what would make them feel ok with your company again. Something which the Boleyn's have chosen to ignore.

And I am not sympathetic that you're too cheap to hire proper staff when your husband has been gloating about how successful the company is. If you're working so much then hire some more staff and take a step back. Otherwise maybe your wish will come true and people will leave your company so you have less to do.

Man, I was going to sign up with BM and revamp my streamate persona but now I don't know if I will.

The most TELLING thing about this whole exchange isn't the fact that your hubby was rude, because I understand shitty situations and mistakes that can be made and stuff. But the most telling thing was that you seem to take ANY critique against you as hatred, and I don't want to work for a place that will get mad at me for voicing my concerns and criticisms.

No company is perfect, but you should listen to your "employees". They work WITH YOU AND KNOW YOU BEST. They see things about your management style you will never see.

Seeing an established industry company acting all like "OH YOU GUYS ARE JUST HATERS" to legitimate concerns is fucking depressing.

As someone who had a pleasant time with Boleyn, it's a little devastating to see these problems as I have recommended Boleyn Model's studio when models are looking for daily pay. Like Audri, I have praised Boleyn and am usually so happy to jump and share my experience to help other models when asked.

That's all that I really wanted to say I guess. It's a bit painful to see the studio that I really liked and have suggested several times having a difficult time correcting customer service related issues.

I've held several professions during my life before becoming a cam whore. I didn't get into camming because my life was a mess in anyway as people often assume is the case with cam girls. I ended up here because I wanted to make 100 dollars an hour and this seemed like a great way to do that. I think those that deal with us directly sometimes have some assumption that we are all trainwrecks and therefore it isn't necessary to be professional. Meanwhile most of us are highly intelligent human beings. Keep that in mind while dealing with us.

So that being said I did years of customer service work for a major technological corporation handling customer service for accounts that paid upwards of one million a year for our services. The biggest thing I learned there was to never take complaints personally even if my intelligence or credibility was being attacked. You need to remain empathetic and detached to offer good support.

Boleyn, I think that is something you need to think strongly about. I understand as this is your business and livelihood that may be difficult to do. But if you can not maintain that level of detachment while dealing with your clients you may want to look into paying someone else to handle your customer service and public relations. This entire thread could have been over with a "I'm so sorry this happened, it certainly will not happen again. Please reach out me directly with any problems so I can personally resolve them." But instead this became way too personal complete with excuses for behavior that simply should have been apologized for. There are a lot of books on the topic of customer service and public relations. I think investing in a few may help you a great deal..

As someone who had a pleasant time with Boleyn, it's a little devastating to see these problems as I have recommended Boleyn Model's studio when models are looking for daily pay. Like Audri, I have praised Boleyn and am usually so happy to jump and share my experience to help other models when asked.

That's all that I really wanted to say I guess. It's a bit painful to see the studio that I really liked and have suggested several times having a difficult time correcting customer service related issues.

I have to be honest about my own personal thoughts on this - I still will use Boleyn and will probably recommend them for their efficiency and prompt pay and the fact that I can work a ton of sites, get all my pay and accounting taken care of in just one deposit and give up less percentage than other studios, be easily released if necessary in the future - the service rocks.

I hate how this unfolded. It's got me feeling bad for everyone involved. Maybe replies from support will be more thought out and things will be better now.

Yeah, I know that you bragged about helping people in this thread, paying for hotels and diapers and shit, but whoever responded the one time I asked about an advance when I really needed help to pay my internet bill so I could work, laughed in my face over my recent earnings. They could have turned me down politely, but they were blunt and rude about it.

Correct way to handle that situation: "We're sorry, but you do not meet the requirements to receive an advance at this time."

Way that it WAS handled: "You've made $xx.xx over the past x weeks. No." I felt like I'd been slapped in the face.
Just going to say, my mother worked for an accounting firm that got bought out by a larger company. Said larger company started focusing on only "big clients" for customer service to the point of completely ignoring their multitude of small clients. That meant when they lost the business of one of their two big clients, they pretty much went belly up, because they had lost all their smaller ones.

Just food for thought.

I'm sorry but I personally fail to see the humor in a joke about a seriously debilitating mental illness.

This is why humor is subjective. It's just a joke, not meant to offend people with DID. It is just making light of the current situation. Obviously a lot of people were let down, and I appreciate Alex trying to make us laugh. It made me giggle a little bit.

In other words, lighten up! Laugh a little. I laugh at my debilitating anxiety all the time :D

You should check out United States of Tara. It's a dark humor series about a suburban mother with DID. I believe it was on Showtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.