AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Rude Studio helper, Would I get token refunded?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuwie

Banhammered
Nov 24, 2022
Short,

A russian girl talk me into a private
I realize afterward it's was a dude talking to me

Try be in my shoes, you had fun with a dude
man I get it, they are hassling, but that doesn't justify you can be rude afterward
Then I ask all good ask her to say bye to me
but studio helper said "fuck off" block me

So could I go to CB and said I was scam by a dude emotionally instead of the actual model talked to me in private? Nobody would want to pay for that.
It's like 1729 tokens lol

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: yummybrownfox
How is it a scam? You had a private that you enjoyed. You want a refund on the whole thing because they didn't say goodbye the way you wanted at the end? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Upvote 0
Definitely didn't enjoy a dude talking to me

I like how you skip the part where the dude talking to me the whole time in private. I understand you a cam model too with helper, so you like to help the model.

Upvote 0
How were you in a private with a dude without realizing it? Wasn't the model responding and interacting with you via the camera? Was the "dude" translating/interpreting? I'm not CB support so you don't have to respond to me but I'm just curious how you got into this predicament.

Upvote 0
How were you in a private with a dude without realizing it? Wasn't the model responding and interacting with you via the camera? Was the "dude" translating/interpreting? I'm not CB support so you don't have to respond to me but I'm just curious how you got into this predicament.
exactly, the model and the helper can both read my message. and the helper would send instruction to her about what I said. how I didn't realize? bro, do you go into a room and expect they are all have a helper?? No I go in like normal guy and talk like a normal guy and go in private like a horny normal guy.

the camera is showing a girl model, but the type who respond is a dude, if you didn't catch that

Upvote 0
bro, do you go into a room and expect they are all have a helper??
If it was a studio model I would expect that to be a possibility, yes. It's not an uncommon practice, but I don't blame you for not knowing about it if you've never encountered it before.

You're unlikely to get a refund as Chaturbate rarely intervenes in disputes like this, and you weren't actually scammed, you just had incorrect expectations. In order to avoid this outcome in the future, I'd recommend avoiding studio models as their communications are often monitored by studio staff, who have access to read and respond to their messages. Good luck with CB support though.

Upvote 0
Short,

man I get it, they are hassling, but that doesn't justify you can be rude afterward

So could I go to CB and said I was scam by a dude emotionally instead of the actual model talked to me in private? Nobody would want to pay for that.
Please provide your username or ticket number so I may pass it along to our Support team

Upvote 0
It's quite common for studios to use helpers to translate and mediate between members and their models.
While the presence of a helper should not be intrusive or visible, ultimately they are there to help you and the model communicate over the show and get you the experience you're seeking.
If you enjoyed the show content that the model provided, what's the issue? Certainly wouldn't justify any refund IMO.
Not sure how you can be certain it was a 'dude' anyway, helpers can be of any gender - would you feel any different if you knew the helper was a woman?

Upvote 0
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Upvote 0
operators should be verified
Why? they're not broadcasting themselves (performing on camera).
Honestly, I think you'd do better to consider this a learning experience of having a show with a studio model, and adjust your approach and expectations in the future.
There's plenty of models to choose from, and many of them are independent broadcasters. Choosing a model who can speak your language is always a benefit, but not necessarily possible.

Upvote 0
Short,

My opinion is this. If the model did not state in her profile that she has her own translator. So I think the client is entitled to his money. But if the model had it listed in the profile, then the client is out of luck.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
I would feel the same way if a 3rd person was involved and I had not been aware of that upfront. Unfortunately I think this is fairly common practice w studio models. I wouldn’t want to pay for that either, so I understand your feelings also. However there are usually parts in the TOS of all these sites explaining that you were never truly one on one with a model. Sorry not the exact legal words, but something to that effect. But yeah I wouldn’t visit a model where a third person, I didn’t even see, was present for the whole show and observing. No thanks.

Upvote 0
My opinion is this. If the model did not state in her profile that she has her own translator. So I think the client is entitled to his money. But if the model had it listed in the profile, then the client is out of luck.
Absolutely not. While I'm sympathetic and I agree that there should be greater transparency about the practice, Chaturbate doesn't have any such rule that translators/monitors need to be mentioned in a model's profile. In fact, I have never seen this done by any studio model. It is not this model's fault that the member was unaware of the practice and had a bad reaction when he found out about it. She shouldn't lose money for his ignorance, especially since she spent time performing for him. Caveat emptor.

Upvote 0
I understand how weird that can be. I have been in a couple rooms where the model is busy in a cum show or otherwise engaged and away from the keyboard across the room but somehow still maintaining conversation in the chat. One time I asked who was behind the keyboard chatting with us. At first I got responses like, "It's me bb." and "aren't you enjoying the show?" And when I asked "how can it be you when are playing with a dildo and nowhere near a keyboard?" I got hassled and told to leave. So, I don't stay in rooms like that anymore.

I get that sometimes a translator is needed to reply to the chat and that studios have monitors that will watch and read along. Until that experience I had no idea they would pretend to be the model. And then I saw that in a documentary about the cam industry and how it is common, especially in Colombia and Russia.

Pay attention to how a model's room is run. If you don't like it, move along.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would feel the same way if a 3rd person was involved and I had not been aware of that upfront. Unfortunately I think this is fairly common practice w studio models. I wouldn’t want to pay for that either, so I understand your feelings also. However there are usually parts in the TOS of all these sites explaining that you were never truly one on one with a model. Sorry not the exact legal words, but something to that effect. But yeah I wouldn’t visit a model where a third person, I didn’t even see, was present for the whole show and observing. No thanks.

Honestly, I think you'd do better to consider this a learning experience of having a show with a studio model, and adjust your approach and expectations in the future.
There's plenty of models to choose from, and many of them are independent broadcasters. Choosing a model who can speak your language is always a benefit, but not necessarily possible.

This. I feel bad for the op.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Just so I'm clear, I feel bad for the OP too. I don't like the practice, I don't patronize models who are employed by studios that do this, and I'm extremely cautious about my dealings with studio models until I'm reasonably confident that I'm interacting with them directly. If I thought I was interacting with a model and found out later I wasn't, I would feel fucked up and angry about it too. And I'm sorry if that didn't come across in my previous posts. The problem is with the studios that operate this way, and Chaturbate for allowing them to operate in this way on their platform but I don't foresee either changing this anytime soon.

Though I want to point out that this is the second "scammed and banned" post OP has made in two months when I've never had that experience in over a year of visiting Chaturbate, so I think personally he could use a little more caution since he keeps finding himself in expensive transactions with shady models.

Are there any sites that explicitly forbid this, or that don't permit studios altogether? If there is maybe OP can patronize those sites going forward.

Upvote 0
Just so I'm clear, I feel bad for the OP too. I don't like the practice, I don't patronize models who are employed by studios that do this, and I'm extremely cautious about my dealings with studio models until I'm reasonably confident that I'm interacting with them directly. If I thought I was interacting with a model and found out later I wasn't, I would feel fucked up and angry about it too. And I'm sorry if that didn't come across in my previous posts. The problem is with the studios that operate this way, and Chaturbate for allowing them to operate in this way on their platform but I don't foresee either changing this anytime soon.

Though I want to point out that this is the second "scammed and banned" post OP has made in two months when I've never had that experience in over a year of visiting Chaturbate, so I think personally he could use a little more caution since he keeps finding himself in expensive transactions with shady models.

Are there any sites that explicitly forbid this, or that don't permit studios altogether? If there is maybe OP can patronize those sites going forward.
You made good points too.

It is really common for men to use adult sex services and feel guilty after splooging, then try to find some way to get their money back, after the fact.

However, as far as cam sites being places where there is a more personal, private and sexual interaction taking place, I do think, ethically, guys should get to know up front if another dude is in there. However, if you go by the ToS this is probably covered in the legal jargon. So in this instance I think both posts, and points of view, are correct at the same time. I don't understand why CB wouldn't cover the refund themselves though, if it is investigated, and decided one is due? Either way the model should get the money. It's not personal. I would hope if a refund is given it comes out of CBs cut, not the models.

Upvote 0
While it can be a tough realisation that someone other than the model you chose has been reading your words and replying to you, it is very common for studio models to do this, language barriers being one of the primary reasons. How many viewers would get frustrated in a show by having to repeat or rephrase requests, or having the model not understand?
And it's not just private shows, public chat and PM/DMs can be handled by monitors too, so where would you draw the line? A lot of this is about the fantasy, and *most* users will leave the room satisfied, if perhaps unaware that this may've been the case.

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
Definitely didn't enjoy a dude talking to me

I like how you skip the part where the dude talking to me the whole time in private. I understand you a cam model too with helper, so you like to help the model.
I was going off of what your post and title stated, that you were scammed. It's not a scam. You were happy with the service while it was being provided. But afterward when you learned more about it, you felt differently. So choosing not to return for another round would make sense. A refund for the service you already received and enjoyed does not.

Upvote 0
While it can be a tough realisation that someone other than the model you chose has been reading your words and replying to you, it is very common for studio models to do this, language barriers being one of the primary reasons. How many viewers would get frustrated in a show by having to repeat or rephrase requests, or having the model not understand?
And it's not just private shows, public chat and PM/DMs can be handled by monitors too, so where would you draw the line? A lot of this is about the fantasy, and *most* users will leave the room satisfied, if perhaps unaware that this may've been the case.

Imagine one of those ‘I fell in love with a cam model…’ threads but then they later realise they were talking to a moderator for months all along… and actually ‘fell in love’ with the mod.

I’m NOT getting involved in that thread… 😳

Upvote 0
Imagine one of those ‘I fell in love with a cam model…’ threads but then they later realise they were talking to a moderator for months all along… and actually ‘fell in love’ with the mod.

There was one of those. The LDS guy who met a cam model on a dating site and was actually talking to studio staff promoting her room the whole time.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Maxi
Upvote 0
I was going off of what your post and title stated, that you were scammed. It's not a scam. You were happy with the service while it was being provided. But afterward when you learned more about it, you felt differently. So choosing not to return for another round would make sense. A refund for the service you already received and enjoyed does not.

so you pay for gold
but realize it's fake gold

"you enjoy the gold, no refund"

Upvote 0
so you pay for gold
but realize it's fake gold

"you enjoy the gold, no refund"
Dude come on a lot of us said your feelings are valid but now you're just being over dramatic.

Upvote 0

it's my first time in her room, lol, no this is not that thread lol
This thread good for people like to gossip, well what's matter is chaturbate support, I don't think they give a fuck about lowly russian girl studio. They treat buyer better than models the chance are high , that's why chaturbate still standing for being oldest cam website. customer always right )), really high likeliness they would refund 😆

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.