AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Setting Minimum Tip + On/Off User Images

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: minimum tip

AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:
While that's true, it doesn't negate the fact that they are still paying customers. I want you to know that when I said "customer" it was not a derogatory term. You may become good friends with your waitress and go there often for her company instead of the food, but you are still her customer, regardless.
Ah yes, but if you're the waitress, and you treat this person in a way that they forget that they are "just your customer" you may end up with a better tip! ;)

Anywho, I'm not the one to take offense to the word. You said yourself you wanted to attract the right type of tipper in your room, and in my opinion, people who would rather not be called a customer and want to be treated with that certain level of interaction are the most enjoyable to have. I believe the ones who think of themselves as just customers are the ones that expect something tangible or extravagant for their tokens, more often than not.
I never said you shouldn't treat them as more than a customer. I just simply used that word, because that is technically what they are. I don't see the word as a bad thing. I am surprised you even made a comment on it. I don't see it as a bad thing, or even a big deal.
I never said that person was JUST a customer. He can be a friend, member, AND customer. But regardless, is still a customer. I DO give a "certain level of interaction" to my "online friends" "fans" "members" and "CUSTOMERS." You don't have to be just one, you can be all. But the FACT is, they ARE a customer. And that is in no way a negative thing. Or , in my opinion, should have been corrected to begin with.

Reactions: DudeExtreme

PlayboyMegan said:
But the FACT is, they ARE a customer. And that is in no way a negative thing. Or , in my opinion, should have been corrected to begin with.
I only brought it up because it has been noted by others that it isn't the best thing to say. But not many others are chiming in about it now, so I now feel bad for having mentioned it, even though I had the best intention.

I always have to remind myself that not everyone wants my input/advice/comments and I should probably just STFU and take all the info I've learned over the last couple of years and use it to benefit myself instead of passing it along.

AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:
But the FACT is, they ARE a customer. And that is in no way a negative thing. Or , in my opinion, should have been corrected to begin with.
I only brought it up because it has been noted by others that it isn't the best thing to say. But not many others are chiming in about it now, so I now feel bad for having mentioned it, even though I had the best intention.

I always have to remind myself that not everyone wants my input/advice/comments and I should probably just STFU and take all the info I've learned over the last couple of years and use it to benefit myself instead of passing it along.
Again, everything is going to upset someone. If someone really gets upset that I called them what they, by definition are, then I don't think I really want them in my room to begin with. Too sensitive for me.

AmberCutie said:

Personally, I didn't chime in because you had already said it, and it's already been hashed out in a previous thread.

AmberCutie said:

While it might get bitched at by the model you tell it to directly, there are hundreds of other girls who read it. And many of them take it to heart and appreciate it.

Expound away!

I'm not sure if she still does it, but when KittyWild(e) did the Kitty Kult (Cult?) thing, she had her guys to to the chosen model's room, and each guy would tip the model 5 tokens each. :cool: That's really awesome of her.

Sometimes, though, a troll will tip a model 1 token just to be a dick. I've had racist guys in my room do that. Maybe they actually believed that 1 token tips would offend me and hurt my cam score (they DO NOT hurt your cam score...that's a MYTH). LOL.

I recently had a troll/stalker (you can still tip the model after she's banned you) tip me 1 token offline, and he said "I know I'm your highest tipper now...lmao." :roll:

Reactions: Nordling

PlayboyMegan said:
I think when you set a minimum, you attract customers willing to pay that. If a customer comes in and is not willing to give you a dollar for your time, do you really want him in your room to begin with? And for the guys who tip 5tkns and a huge yellow wall. You can just do half the wall for 10tkns. Same thing. I feel like there is negativity towards models who set minimums. Like people are thinking, "She thinks she is so much better than my 5cents, then fuck her!" How is that a bad thing??? You are only worth as much as YOU think you are.

There was a reason I tipped my beautiful model a long wall of hidden 5 token tips. We were counting down for a show and only a handful of people had contributed to the show. I considered clearing the entire amount but instead left five tokens so other people could put one or two tokens towards the show and be a part of the room. I like when freeloaders add something to the topic even when it is only one or two tokens. Well I waited and waited and finally got pissed at them and I think I tipped her several hundred tokens all together instead of the five she was asking for.

Then I come here and learn you think you are too good to get a one token tip. I will tell you my opinion on this in the simplest way I can. There are two kinds of people on MFC. The ones who tip and the ones who do not. By saying you do not want a one token tip you are saying you want the people who do not tip. You are saying you do not care about the people who do tip. You are saying you do not care what it costs them to meet your goals. You are saying you could allow others to help them do it but you are not going to. You are saying you do not care about them as a person.

Since I am on this forum I know some things about you, like you dream of being a mom, but the people in your room only know what you say and nothing else. Your actions speak louder than your voice. I am a small to medium tipper and I will never make or break any model, but if you had a room with ten or twenty of me you would be doing very well on MFC. Also if you ever get a room full of whales then you may end up spending all your time cleaning up whale shit.

Reactions: JickyJuly

AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:

In jobs/careers where your income depends on creating connections with others, it is inappropriate to refer to them as a "customer". Your Doctor doesn't call you a customer even though he's paid for services. Some services are too personal to be broken down into those terms. Even as a hairdresser, I didn't call anyone a customer. That word is so faceless and impersonal. We are not interchangeable products and the members who support us are not wallets waiting to be emptied in a supermarket checkout lane.

I think there's some merit to what Megan is saying. I'm sure there are guys who use MFC (or whatever) purely as a masturbatory aid. They go into rooms of models they've never seen before, lay down some wonga for a Private, or a Group, or some videos, or whatever; play with themselves until they froth at the penis, and log off. A service has been paid for and a service has been carried out. It's a very straightforward transaction and in those circumstances I don't think it's rood to refer to the parties involved as service provider and customer respectively.
BUT, once the "customer" gets to know the "service provider" (and vice-versa) in a more meaningful way, shit gets a smidge more complicated. I only ever tip one model and it's not in a bid to buy something from her - I don't tip for shows (be they private, public or group) and I don't buy her videos - I tip her cos' I like her. I don't want or expect anything in return. Likewise, when she sends me Twinkies in the post, or buys me things from my Amazon wishlist, or sends me a birthday present; she's not buying anything from me (I'm not selling anything, yo).
Any scenario involving a customer requires there to be a transaction, and in order for their to be a transaction there needs to be a product or a service being sold and bought. You take out the product, and *poof* the customer ceases to be a customer.

mynameisbob84 said:
I only ever tip one model and it's not in a bid to buy something from her - I don't tip for shows (be they private, public or group) and I don't buy her videos - I tip her cos' I like her. I don't want or expect anything in return. Likewise, when she sends me Twinkies in the post, or buys me things from my Amazon wishlist, or sends me a birthday present; she's not buying anything from me (I'm not selling anything, yo).
Any scenario involving a customer requires there to be a transaction, and in order for their to be a transaction there needs to be a product or a service being sold and bought. You take out the product, and *poof* the customer ceases to be a customer.

I respect you very much, I enjoy your company, and I consider you a friend and a regular. You respect me and it is given right back to you :) It's an excellent relationship, I would say.

JickyJuly said:
In jobs/careers where your income depends on creating connections with others, it is inappropriate to refer to them as a "customer". Your Doctor doesn't call you a customer even though he's paid for services. Some services are too personal to be broken down into those terms. Even as a hairdresser, I didn't call anyone a customer. That word is so faceless and impersonal. We are not interchangeable products and the members who support us are not wallets waiting to be emptied in a supermarket checkout lane.

While I see what you are saying, a doctor refers to the person as a patient, a hairdresser usually refers to their people as clients.

I refer to the people in my room as regulars or friends. For example, there are quite a few people in my room that I have talked with off of MFC. I know their names, where they live, I have a lot of their phone numbers, know if they are married, etc. They are my friends. There are other people in my room that come in on a regular basis, but I don't know much about them. I see them come in, they talk sometimes and they leave. THOSE are my regulars.

Then there are the people that come in from time to time and never really say anything. For them, I can't say I have a name. They aren't customers per say, they are just people that come around from time to time. That's just me. I don't think there are rights and wrongs in this situation. Some people will be offended, others won't care. You can't please everyone.

I say it's a case by case basis. Depends on the person, what they have to say about it, and the relationship that you have with them.

mynameisbob84 said:
ohmystarz said:
I respect you very much, I enjoy your company, and I consider you a friend and a regular. You respect me and it is given right back to you :) It's an excellent relationship, I would say.

Innit, blud.

What? You know I don't speak spanish! :lol:

JickyJuly said:
AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:

That is how all the dancers I have known have referred to the gentlemen who come into a strip club. I definitely see your point on why you don't think of MFC members that way, but I know in the past I have slipped up and used the word "customers" to describe them. It was my default word for "people who could potentially be paying for my services". I didn't initially realize that it was a word that was taken poorly by the MFC community. I think I usually end up calling them "guys" or "dudes" now, haha.

Shaun__ said:
PlayboyMegan said:
By saying you do not want a one token tip you are saying you want the people who do not tip. You are saying you do not care about the people who do tip. You are saying you do not care what it costs them to meet your goals. You are saying you could allow others to help them do it but you are not going to. You are saying you do not care about them as a person.

Since I am on this forum I know some things about you, like you dream of being a mom, but the people in your room only know what you say and nothing else. Your actions speak louder than your voice. I am a small to medium tipper and I will never make or break any model, but if you had a room with ten or twenty of me you would be doing very well on MFC. Also if you ever get a room full of whales then you may end up spending all your time cleaning up whale shit.
I am shocked by this response. You are soooooo absolutely far from the mark.
"By saying you do not want a one token tip you are saying you want the people who do not tip."
Really? If I am saying I want people who do not tip, then why am I constantly getting tips???
"You are saying you do not care about the people who do tip."-How am I saying this? And please, quote me to where I said this. I have NEVER said I do not care about people who do tip. Actually, there are a few people who I care about who have never even left me a tip, but I appreciate their company.
"You are saying you do not care what it costs them to meet your goals."-If this were true, I would ban anyone with little to no money.
"You are saying you could allow others to help them do it but you are not going to."-If they can tip ONE dollar, they are more than welcome to help me with my goal.
"You are saying you do not care about them as a person."-You are absolutely ridiculous. You do not know me. I set a minimum of ONE dollar, and you falsely accused me of "saying" these things. It is absolutely absurd.
"Your actions speak louder than your voice."-Of course. And every regular I have KNOWS that I care about them, because I show it with my actions.

JickyJuly said:
AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:

You can be more than one thing, as I have already stated. A doctor can refer to someone as their patient. Which, they are. They are also a CUSTOMER. It is just q word. I could sell jewelry to my best friend. She is still my best friend. But she is also a customer. I cannot fathom why this has such a negative response. People are acting like I called someone a cunt. This discussion is ridiculous. I cannot believe I am arguing about something that is dictionary defined.

AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:

I agree 100% with everything you said. I would have responded sooner but... typing sounded hard. :-D
The word customer makes me uncomfortable. Members or "the fellas" feels more natural to me and I assume it is because of my respect for them as individuals. I don't often have tokens given to me from people I wouldn't put in "the fellas" group, and unless I have a certain topic posted are not often given with a request or expectation.
I think this is the norm in most MFC rooms, especially the ones that have been around a while and have a core group.
I think the term "customer" would fit in well with other sites a bit better. Wham bam thank you mam sites like streammate I would say are a little more occupied by "customers."
I tip some of my favorite ladies when I can and don't think I would like being called a customer either.

MadisonLeigh said:
JickyJuly said:
AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:

That is how all the dancers I have known have referred to the gentlemen who come into a strip club. I definitely see your point on why you don't think of MFC members that way, but I know in the past I have slipped up and used the word "customers" to describe them. It was my default word for "people who could potentially be paying for my services". I didn't initially realize that it was a word that was taken poorly by the MFC community. I think I usually end up calling them "guys" or "dudes" now, haha.
That's the thing. Saying an inoffensive word, should not be considered a slip-up. I am shocked at the sensitivity surrounding such a common, inoffensive word. It would be as if I got offended if people called me a woman. But I am. I can be many other things. But it does not detract from the fact I am still a woman.

JoleneJolene said:
I tip some of my favorite ladies when I can and don't think I would like being called a customer either.
I like it when my customers have tits.

Meh, I don't care what people tip me. Well, I do, because being tipped is the best, but I'm not going to put limits on people. 100 1 token tips is still 100 tokens. It all spends the same to me. And I quite like the 'giving your last rolo' aspect of it. I have often received a cute 'last' 5,6,7,8 token tip to clear someone out or to round up the numbers. As someone else mentioned tonight, having a minimum for pvts is a far better idea. Me? I let people know I have a 300 tokens minimum for a 'vanilla' pvt, and the price increases as the pvt gets more complicated or 'deviant' :drool: . This makes much more sense to me than saying no tips under 3 tokens shall be allowed because it is beneath me!

KarmelKiss said:
JoleneJolene said:
I let people know I have a 300 tokens minimum for a 'vanilla' pvt, and the price increases as the pvt gets more complicated or 'deviant' :drool: . This makes much more sense to me than saying no tips under 3 tokens shall be allowed because it is beneath me!
But you are saying less than 300tkns for a pvt is beneath you. What is the difference? Please elaborate.

Reactions: 1 person

PlayboyMegan said:
MadisonLeigh said:
JickyJuly said:
AmberCutie said:
PlayboyMegan said:

That's the thing. Saying an inoffensive word, should not be considered a slip-up. I am shocked at the sensitivity surrounding such a common, inoffensive word. It would be as if I got offended if people called me a woman. But I am. I can be many other things. But it does not detract from the fact I am still a woman.

Well, I understand why the members of MFC could look upon being called "customers" in a negative light, so I have been referring to them in other ways. It's just the culture of the site and I chose to adapt to that. But, I don't care what terms other models use, I think you should call them whatever you want and I won't be offended.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan

PlayboyMegan said:
KarmelKiss said:
JoleneJolene said:
I let people know I have a 300 tokens minimum for a 'vanilla' pvt, and the price increases as the pvt gets more complicated or 'deviant' :drool: . This makes much more sense to me than saying no tips under 3 tokens shall be allowed because it is beneath me!
But you are saying less than 300tkns for a pvt is beneath you. What is the difference? Please elaborate.
It's not beneath me. It's business. A 1 token tip doesn't clear out your room unnecessarily and neither does it leave you with an ass full of lube and an ended pvt after 2 minutes. There is a lot more to private shows than sitting and thanking someone for their 5 token tips. I do pvts because I like to get off or do something interesting. You don't have much scope for either with less than five minutes. I'm not sure why you needed me to explain the distinction between a private show and a 1 toke tip. :?

[/quote]Well, I understand why the members of MFC could look upon being called "customers" in a negative light, so I have been referring to them in other ways. It's just the culture of the site and I chose to adapt to that. But, I don't care what terms other models use, I think you should call them whatever you want and I won't be offended.[/quote]
I really do appreciate that. People are just too sensitive. I was busy with something and not paying attention to my room for about 3min. and I had a guy who asked a question, then wrote "You are ignoring me, I'm leaving" after 3 min. I am not going to worry about those type of guys. Something you do will bother someone. If me calling someone by their definition offends them, they really shouldn't come to my room. I am not going to apologize and I am going to continue being me and not stressing over every little word as to not offend anyone.

KarmelKiss said:
PlayboyMegan said:
KarmelKiss said:
JoleneJolene said:
It's not beneath me. It's business. A 1 token tip doesn't clear out your room unnecessarily and neither does it leave you with an ass full of lube and an ended pvt after 2 minutes. There is a lot more to private shows than sitting and thanking someone for their 5 token tips. I do pvts because I like to get off or do something interesting. You don't have much scope for either with less than five minutes. I'm not sure why you needed me to explain the distinction between a private show and a 1 toke tip. :?
"There is a lot more to private shows than sitting and thanking someone for their 5 token tips."-there are a lot more to my public shows than this.
You stated it perfectly with your quote "It's business."
You run your business the way you want to, I run mine the way I want to. The fact that you have a minimum on pvts should not be viewed negatively, and the fact that I have minimum tips of a dollar should not be viewed negatively.

Personally I don't like to think of myself as a customer. I am not purchasing a product from the model. I am visiting a lovely lady, and giving a gift when I feel like it. If said lady only considered me a "customer", then I think I may have missed the mark. But again, that's just me. There are guys that go to rooms and they are there to buy a product, whether it's a private, group, public show or some other merchandise from a profile. They don't consider the lady a "friend", just their "camwhore". Just as I am uncomfortable with the idea of being a "customer" to them, I am uncomfortable with using the term "camwhore" to describe them. I would rather be considered a "fan" if not a "friend".
I am, however, a customer of MFC. They take my credit card when I can afford to buy a token package. They give me a receipt. The lady I give tokens to? She's a gift recipient. When I give a gift to a friend, I am not their "friendship client" or "customer of their affections". I am a customer of the store I bought the gift from. If you offer a gift to someone and they say "sorry I can't accept it because it's a cheap gift." That would probably make you feel bad and question your relationship. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that on MFC you are making a social connection, and not just watching a girl strip on a stage.

Marokite said:
If said lady only considered me a "customer", then I think I may have missed the mark.
ONLY. That's the keyword there. Just have I have stated about 3times already. You can be more than one thing. You don't have to be ONLY a customer. I have very few people on MFC I consider ONLY a customer.

First of all, thanks Amber for merging another repetitive thread.

Secondly, I can understand a model/camwhore getting upset over a 1 token tip and setting a minimum of 10 is not all that unreasonable. I would never tip a model 1 token unless I knew her well and it was a friendly razzing or something. That being said, money is money. Last time I checked, nickels still had value as currency and I still bend over to pick up a penny. Kitty Kult member here too :thumbleft:

Limiting what people can TIP you and calling them customers degrades everything to a simple financial transaction. If that's how you view what you do and the people that enter your room are mere wallets paying your bills... good luck. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: JickyJuly
Bocefish said:
First of all, thanks Amber for merging another repetitive thread.

Secondly, I can understand a model/camwhore getting upset over a 1 token tip and setting a minimum of 10 is not all that unreasonable. I would never tip a model 1 token unless I knew her well and it was a friendly razzing or something. That being said, money is money. Last time I checked, nickels still had value as currency and I still bend over to pick up a penny. Kitty Kult member here too :thumbleft:

Limiting what people can TIP you and calling them customers degrades everything to a simple financial transaction. If that's how you view what you do and the people that enter your room are mere wallets paying your bills... good luck. :twocents-02cents:
You call models "camwhores." Some may be offended by that. I am not, because I'm just not that sensitive. Some may think that by calling them a camwhore, they are nothing more than a cyber piece of ass to you. But I would never assume that's what you meant by using that term. I do not make assumptions based off of one word.
That's not at all how I view what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.