AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Setting Minimum Tip + On/Off User Images

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CammiStar said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Bocefish said:
First of all, thanks Amber for merging another repetitive thread.

Secondly, I can understand a model/camwhore getting upset over a 1 token tip and setting a minimum of 10 is not all that unreasonable. I would never tip a model 1 token unless I knew her well and it was a friendly razzing or something. That being said, money is money. Last time I checked, nickels still had value as currency and I still bend over to pick up a penny. Kitty Kult member here too :thumbleft:

Limiting what people can TIP you and calling them customers degrades everything to a simple financial transaction. If that's how you view what you do and the people that enter your room are mere wallets paying your bills... good luck. :twocents-02cents:
You call models "camwhores." Some may be offended by that. I am not, because I'm just not that sensitive. Some may think that by calling them a camwhore, they are nothing more than a cyber piece of ass to you. But I would never assume that's what you meant by using that term. I do not make assumptions based off of one word.
That's not at all how I view what I do.

Honesty, I think on this forum and elsewhere, most who refer to us as camwhores do so because a lot of us refer to ourselves with that word when posting.
I am not arguing that fact. But I think it's safe to say, not all models like to be called that, and some may get offended by that term. I like to think the best of people at first. I would like to think that Bocefish did not mean it in a derogatory way, and because of that, I am not offended by it. I did not say "customer" in a derogatory way, and I wish people would stop making false assumptions and give me the benefit of doubt as well.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
CammiStar said:
PlayboyMegan said:
CammiStar said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Bocefish said:
First of all, thanks Amber for merging another repetitive thread.

Secondly, I can understand a model/camwhore getting upset over a 1 token tip and setting a minimum of 10 is not all that unreasonable. I would never tip a model 1 token unless I knew her well and it was a friendly razzing or something. That being said, money is money. Last time I checked, nickels still had value as currency and I still bend over to pick up a penny. Kitty Kult member here too :thumbleft:

Limiting what people can TIP you and calling them customers degrades everything to a simple financial transaction. If that's how you view what you do and the people that enter your room are mere wallets paying your bills... good luck. :twocents-02cents:
You call models "camwhores." Some may be offended by that. I am not, because I'm just not that sensitive. Some may think that by calling them a camwhore, they are nothing more than a cyber piece of ass to you. But I would never assume that's what you meant by using that term. I do not make assumptions based off of one word.
That's not at all how I view what I do.

Honesty, I think on this forum and elsewhere, most who refer to us as camwhores do so because a lot of us refer to ourselves with that word when posting.
I am not arguing that fact. But I think it's safe to say, not all models like to be called that, and some may get offended by that term. I like to think the best of people at first. I would like to think that Bocefish did not mean it in a derogatory way, and because of that, I am not offended by it. I did not say "customer" in a derogatory way, and I wish people would stop making false assumptions and give me the benefit of doubt as well.

I think the point people are trying to make is whether you meant it derogatory or not, a lot of members don't like to be called it.
If that was just said from the beginning and nothing else, that would have been fine with me. But when people start implying all I care about is money, I don't see my customers as anything more than a wallet, etc. That's what I have a problem with. Until you are in my room and get to know me, assuming that or implying that, off of ONE word, is ridiculous. I do not assume members calling models "camwhores" only view them as a piece of ass. And I don't think anyone should assume or imply that by me using the word "customer" I see them as just a wallet. That is all. :)

Reactions: DudeExtreme
I cannot believe I am arguing about something that is dictionary defined.

English is a weird language. Yeah, there are the dictionary definitions, and that's what you learn when you learn it as a second language. Dictionary definitions are called "denotations". Most languages, it stops there. The word is defined, and the only thing beyond the "denotation" is emphasis and tone.

In English, we have something called "connotation". This is what a person feels when they hear the word. In English, this is just as important as dictionary definitions. The problem with it is, they tend to change with the times.

Way back when everyone bought everything at your local small store, where everyone knew everyone, the word customer simply meant someone who was purchasing goods for money. Fast forward a bit. Now you have chains, and impersonal managers, and clerks who do not know the people they are selling stuff to. "Customer" has a new connotation, and it's linked to this new type of selling. Way back when, the vendors knew their customers. Now, all the vendors care about is getting the dollar out of the "customer" 's pocket. Hence, the new connotation is that "customer" refers to someone who pays for a good from someone who only cares about getting paid.

This is why the new words came up, like "agent" and "client", "server" and "diner", "star" and "fan". They represent an attempt at a more personal relationship between the vendor and the consumer than "Cashier" and "customer". Though, those are starting to become stale and cash-based as well. My guess, within a few years, we will see yet a new word used by business to make their customers feel like more than "just a customer".

PlayboyMegan said:
Many girls on here are okay with the men calling them camwhores. But the some of the guys are offended be the word "customer"?? LMFAO!!

LOL. That's a good point.

I see models on here (and on Twitter) calling themselves 'cam whores' and 'cam sluts' all the time (and members calling them the same thing). :lol: Hmmm.....whatever floats your boat, I guess.

I won't ever use the term 'customer' on a cam site though, because it'd make me feel like I'm treating the guys like nothing but dollar signs. It's probably better to call them 'chatters' or 'members' or 'regulars' instead. Calling them 'customers' would make us sound like we're Walmart cashiers...lol. A quick hi...telling them what the total is...and sending them on their merry way. Nah, I want to have way more interaction than that with the people in my room. :)

As far as the small tips, every little bit helps. And I mentioned in a previous post that KittyWild(e) used to do the 5 token Kitty Cult thing, which was a nice gesture to make a yellow wall for the model. As for me...when I tip my model friends, I do try to tip at least 20 tokens, since that's $1 in her pocket.

But just don't be one of those guys with 900 tokens who tips 1 token and expects the model to watch your cam. LOL.

Reactions: Nordling
CammiStar said:
:twocents-02cents:
Customer seems cold and impersonal to some in an industry where part of our allure is the personal relationship we build.

Requiring a minimum amount for privates makes sense because once you go private you tend to lose a large base of people in your room, you lose the possible tips that would be rolling in if you WERE in public chat, and for some you will disappear off the home page all together. You don't get traffic. If I am going to empty my room I would prefer it be for a amount that is worth the potential loss of tips while I am private.

THIS.

And the fact that it's just tacky to take a model private for 10 seconds (just 'cuz you're close to busting a nut and 'wanna see a toy in dat pussy real quick'). LOL.

Reactions: LailaBaise
I don't get the 'customer' thing. Well, I do, but I don't think it's an appropriate term, whilst technically correct.

Nor do I really like the term 'tippers'. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is just a 'member' or a 'regular'.

I only visit and use MFC for one model, and I'd like to think I'm also a friend as well as a member.

As far as minimum tips go, I don't agree with it. OK, maybe the 1 token tips can get annoying, but say from 5 up, I don't see a problem with that. They're still tipping, and it's not causing any problems. Are models really gonna get upset with a wall of tips in their room, regardless of value?

Reactions: JickyJuly
skiphop90 said:
Are models really gonna get upset with a wall of tips in their room, regardless of value?

Yes, because apparently basic math is not a required skill for being a camwhore.

Case in point, Playboy "double post" Megan thinking she's not worth anything less than 10 tokens but not understanding (5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5) > 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.