AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So....Twitter/Social Media For New Models....How do!??!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which of the following social media platforms do you use the most and find success?

• Twitter

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Instagram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snapchat

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Twitter & Instagram

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Twitter & Snapchat

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2018
United States
Chaturbate Username
ChantelleArmaj
I'm brand new to CB as I've only broadcasted 4 times so far, but already I have a couple of regulars that have asked me about Twitter and whether or not I have an account.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about creating a Twitter, or even an Instagram or Snapchat as a model for your shows? And are any one of them better than the others, or should I be utilizing all three? Also, do I share the links to these platforms on my bio or should I be charging folks to access them?

I'd love to really take my cam job seriously and figure out how to market myself properly, so any and all advice would be much appreciated.

I'm brand new to CB as I've only broadcasted 4 times so far, but already I have a couple of regulars that have asked me about Twitter and whether or not I have an account.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about creating a Twitter, or even an Instagram or Snapchat as a model for your shows? And are any one of them better than the others, or should I be utilizing all three? Also, do I share the links to these platforms on my bio or should I be charging folks to access them?

I'd love to really take my cam job seriously and figure out how to market myself properly, so any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Snapchat is something people usually either have a free AND paid snap accts (so the free snap is pg13 and designed to help promote you and your premium snapchat) and the premium snapchat is paid (per month, lifetime, whatever... careful with lifetime when you're new)and you post the naughty stuff there. Or people like me, who can't be bothered with a 'free' snap and I charge people per month and if you want my free social media thats twitter.

Share links for anything free on your bio.

Twitter is an almost must for sex workers. Instagram is good for certain types of models but they are ban happy so you must be careful.
Some people do locked/private pay for access twitters but most people just do a free twitter for promotion.

I have avoided Instagram because I've found through other vanilla work and personal accounts that they tend to suggest your account to people you know IRL even if there are no other connections other than being logged in on your phone (even if you have different unassociated emails etc.) I don't think that's officially their policy but I've experienced bits of it enough to steer clear for not wanting to be outed to everyone I know, just in case that's something you're avoiding!

I do have a twitter, it hasn't really driven traffic my way during shows an overwhelming amount but i also only have like 700 followers still, and regardless it's good to have a place to direct people back to or where they can find out what you're up to off-cam, especially if you eventually switch sites or start selling videos and content.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
Snapchat is something people usually either have a free AND paid snap accts (so the free snap is pg13 and designed to help promote you and your premium snapchat) and the premium snapchat is paid (per month, lifetime, whatever... careful with lifetime when you're new)and you post the naughty stuff there. Or people like me, who can't be bothered with a 'free' snap and I charge people per month and if you want my free social media thats twitter.

Share links for anything free on your bio.

Twitter is an almost must for sex workers. Instagram is good for certain types of models but they are ban happy so you must be careful.
Some people do locked/private pay for access twitters but most people just do a free twitter for promotion.

This was very helpful information! I think I will steer clear of snapchat since it feels a little too difficult to manage on such a personal level with all of the people who may eventually add me, but the concept of twitter sounds much more practical and beneficial in the long run so I will certainly create an account there :)

I have avoided Instagram because I've found through other vanilla work and personal accounts that they tend to suggest your account to people you know IRL even if there are no other connections other than being logged in on your phone (even if you have different unassociated emails etc.) I don't think that's officially their policy but I've experienced bits of it enough to steer clear for not wanting to be outed to everyone I know, just in case that's something you're avoiding!

I do have a twitter, it hasn't really driven traffic my way during shows an overwhelming amount but i also only have like 700 followers still, and regardless it's good to have a place to direct people back to or where they can find out what you're up to off-cam, especially if you eventually switch sites or start selling videos and content.

I've heard the same thing about Instagram and how it tends to push nudity away and almost all adult content, so the risk of getting banned is not very appealing! Twitter definitely sounds like the way to go. Oh and that's a very good point that I hadn't considered; about switching sites someday. I'm not sure if I'll need to do that but just in case it could be helpful to have a Twitter for telling folks where to go. Thank you!

Also, 700 followers is great! I barely have 200, but I have faith for success. We shall progress!!

Reactions: xoxAprilJames

I had the same happen to me when I made an Instagram so now I am kind of freaked out to set another one up! I thought I had my personal Insta and my new cam girl Insta as separate as possible......until a former male co worker sent a request to my private Gia page!!! I am trying to get this figured out, as social media is such an important tool to connect to your viewers. My SnapChat hasn't had any of those issues, thankfully.
And I have never used Twitter- in my private life or otherwise- but realize I probably should after reading up on this site!

Reactions: ChantelleArmaj
Status
Not open for further replies.