AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The best quality webcam suggestions?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2018
I have a logitech c270 I think? Its not the best but its not the worst. I need to upgrade it, and I know the logitech c920 is the one everyone suggests, but I also wanted to use the webcam to make videos for manyvids possibly. Would you still recommend the c920, or is there any other webcam that someone can suggest?

Also, microphone wise, I need better quality as well. What do you guys recommend? I saw a few people suggest the blue yeti usb, but it seems a bit pricey. Any suggestions welcome!!!

I have a logitech c270 I think? Its not the best but its not the worst. I need to upgrade it, and I know the logitech c920 is the one everyone suggests, but I also wanted to use the webcam to make videos for manyvids possibly. Would you still recommend the c920, or is there any other webcam that someone can suggest?

Also, microphone wise, I need better quality as well. What do you guys recommend? I saw a few people suggest the blue yeti usb, but it seems a bit pricey. Any suggestions welcome!!!
The c922 and c930e are higher resolution I think, and are the more current cameras. There's also the Brio/4k one but I've heard a ton of complaints about it and didn't have a great experience with it myself.

I'd recommend the c922, personally. The 920 is on the edge of being outdated now.

Depending on the way you stream, the microphone on the c922 might do just fine. I've never used an external mic. But some prefer it, and I'll let them chime in about the microphones they prefer.

The internal cam on my laptop crapped out recently so I went and got a c920 at office max for just under $50. Amber is right about it being an older model but the resolution is still excellent and a model friend who watched my cam said it was crystal clear. Regardless of being outdated or not its going to look a whole lot better than what you have now, the question really becomes spend more for a newer model (which hasn't been changed much really: c922 that is) or go with the less expensive, tried and true c920. As for recording videos to sell on manyvids or elsewhere, its going to do that for you quite well, its a 1080p cam; I'd be more worried about lighting than cam for that kind of stuff. The 930e gives you a little wider shot with the FOV being 12 degrees wider and better mics, hardly worth the extra money to me.

Really just comes down to how much you want to spend but unless you plan to spend hundreds the differences between 1080p webcams are mainly in their form factor/branding. Hope this helps!

P.S.
I know nothing about mics but like Amber said, the upgraded webcam may have a better mic than your current which could be adequate.

The c922 and c930e are higher resolution I think, and are the more current cameras. There's also the Brio/4k one but I've heard a ton of complaints about it and didn't have a great experience with it myself.

I'd recommend the c922, personally. The 920 is on the edge of being outdated now.

Depending on the way you stream, the microphone on the c922 might do just fine. I've never used an external mic. But some prefer it, and I'll let them chime in about the microphones they prefer.

The Logitech c920 is solid entry level cam capable to pushing HD+ at 1080p, narrower field of view, has ok mic.
The Logitech c922 comfortably can stream in HD+ at 1080p and has wider angle for field of view at 78degrees, very decent mic.
The Logitech c930 also does 1080p HD+ comfortably and even wider angle with field of view at 90degrees, also very decent mic.

C920 is fine if on tight budget, between c922 and c930 for most camwork it'd come down to field of view. The other difference, namely frames per second does not matter that much seeing it's usually capped by streaming sites at 30. If money is no issue and you have a large room you film in then c930 with wider angle and better zoom might be justified cost, else c922 does all you need and does it quite wel.

The Logitech c920 is solid entry level cam capable to pushing HD+ at 1080p, narrower field of view, has ok mic.
The Logitech c922 comfortably can stream in HD+ at 1080p and has wider angle for field of view at 78degrees, very decent mic.
The Logitech c930 also does 1080p HD+ comfortably and even wider angle with field of view at 90degrees, also very decent mic.
I did a comparison of them all in this stickied thread for anyone who wants more info - https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/logitech-webcams.25698/

Is the brio really THAT bad?! I am considering to buy it for Streamate as I’ve seen some other girls with a crystal clear quality cam and made me wonder what were they using. Bummer.

I currently use the C922(supposedly there’s an X after the 922, but nobody ever talks about it). I love the 60fps and I am able to get to it on Streamate without issues, even though my laptop is dying on me. The field of view is my only complaint, I will check the 930 for sure. It’s time for me to upgrade cam with my laptop. The mic was good when I used it, but I have a Blue Yeti which I am also able to do some erotic ASMR shows and clips with. Well worth the money!

I also invested in lights as soon as I could. I got a kit on Amazon Prime for $60 of two soft boxes with light bulbs and now I’m getting a ring light to help during clip making. I love my soft boxes but I just think that light is never enough! Less shadows, and the ring effect on your eyes just do something to me!

C922(supposedly there’s an X after the 922, but nobody ever talks about it).
If you get the one with the x it comes with a 6 month license for Xsplit.
The regular one comes with a mini tripod. It's cute! :) *(edit to add: this version may be discontinued, not sure. I got a couple of each when they were new, though.)

Same camera tho.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I have the Brio and love it. I haven’t had any major issues. Sometimes the autofocus is a moron, but that has been the case with every cam I’ve ever encountered and you can set it to fixed if necessary.

Would also add, mic is nice but if not yet done, money is more likely better spend on lighting first, cams do much but get most out of em they need proper lighting setup.
I have a nice $80 ring light! So I checked that off my list. I just need a better webcam, and microphone. But if the c922 or c920 have a good mic, then that would be awesome.

Microphone wise, Blue Yeti seems to be a go-to for many. I can't give unbiased opinion, i'll shamelessly fanboi over Shure mics especially the Shure PGA27.

i use my brio on streamate and it's never given me any trouble. crystal clear stream, 60 fps, 1280p... yeah, i prefer it over my old c920. on SM, my c920 never perfectly synced myvideo and audio and it drove me fucking insane lol

i use a blue yeti now, but i used to use the blue snowball mic and it never gave me any trouble.

i updated my lighting before making my mic/webcam, and saw the most significant rise in income comparatively. :h:

hope this helps! good luck with everything, lovie.

I use and LOVE the 930e. I didn’t care for the mic though. I use the blue yeti mic and it’s great, just big and not very mobile if your someone who moves your laptop all over while camming.

And personally, if your gonna shoot video, you’ll get better quality shooting on a smart phone. If you have an even remotely modern iPhone, the video quality and audio is so much better!

Almost all girls broadcasts with the Logitech C920 its a good cam, with nice resolution, almost 80 % and others with the c9230e they say its better, but more expensive, if you ant you can watch the youtube review to compare.

Almost all girls broadcasts with the Logitech C920 its a good cam, with nice resolution, almost 80 % and others with the c9230e they say its better, but more expensive, if you ant you can watch the youtube review to compare.

Interesting!
Where did you get this statistic?

I’ve tried both the c-920 and c-922 and I prefer the c-920. I like the colors better and for some reason the c-922 was a bit less clear. Then again maybe I got a defective one cause it broke in 2 weeks.
The c920 has their old drivers which make the color and exposure settings easier to adjust. (If you see my original post linked above I elaborate on that) which may make getting your color settings to your liking simpler.

One thing to consider is if you're planning on using multiple cameras. If you are, go with the c930e. The drivers for the C920 (and any other logitech camera that uses the same drivers) are buggy with using multiple cameras and OBS. Turning a camera on or off while in use will frequently result in bluescreens or one camera not coming up while getting the notorious flashing blue lights. I switched to the c930e and those problems went away. One thing to note with the C930e, make sure you have USB 3.0 if you plan on using 1080. I was limited to 1280x720 when on USB 2.0. I picked up a USB 3.0 PCI express card and it now works with 1080.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KarlaKaress
I've just upgraded to a c920 from a manual-focus camera I started out with - as long as you've got stable lighting then it seems to produce pretty good results - its certainly better at focussing than I was with the previous one!

I deliberately went looking for this model after reading the reviews - the fact that there are more modern versions (c922, 930 etc) has meant that the price of this particular camera has dropped away a bit from where it was so you should be able to pick up a deal if you choose to go this route.

The other thing I tried to bear in mind is that the audience don't know what kind of camera you're using unless you tell them, and as long as its producing "good enough" results I sincerely doubt many will even care :)

I have used all the models basically.. I don't like the field of view in the 920 or 922 after using the 930 (it has a much winder field of view). I now use a Brio, but my favourite is the 930. The Brio is good and has a wide view also, but the clip is annoying and I find the autofocus way more annoying than on the 930.

Status
Not open for further replies.