AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Webcam comparison and mac compatibility

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkiePixi

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 11, 2012
Purgatory
pinkiepixi.cammodels.com
Twitter Username
@pinkiepixi
MFC Username
pinkiepixi
Streamate Username
pinkiepixi
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/165388/PinkiePixi/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62623/pinkiepixii
I searched for this... I couldnt really find anything like it... sorry if I missed something!

So Im looking into getting a new webcam as Ive been using the shitty one built into my macbook. I am not very technologically gifted, so I could use some advice. I looked into the logitech 9000, but the software is only available for PCs, and according to the reviews it works basically on a mac, but you cant change any of the settings and auto focus doesnt work. From there I looked into the C615 and the C920. I definitely want a HD compatible camera, and the 920 looks better - but it says that its for windows based PCs.

As far as I can tell, the 615 says its mac compatible, and its still HD. The real differences seem to be between 720p and 1080p (and what does full HD mean?), megapixels, and that the 920 compresses as it records and records in mp4 format. Im just worried that the 920 would have the same problems that the 9000 has since neither are advertised as being mac compatible. Is the 615 fine? It says it can do full HD at 1080p, but then on another chart says 720p... which would be the streaming resolution? I dont really need the best of the best, but eventually I want to start recording videos for clips4sale as well, would the C615 be sufficient? Im just mostly concerned that the camera I get will be fully compatible with my mac, and if I stream in HD will I get the HD tag (at least on SM, I have no idea how the HD works on MFC yet)? Oh and that the camera will work with the encoder if I do go to SM.

So if anybody knows techspeak, I could use some help! If any models own these cameras, I would really appreciate your reviews! Thank you guys!

PinkiePixi said:
I searched for this... I couldnt really find anything like it... sorry if I missed something!

So Im looking into getting a new webcam as Ive been using the shitty one built into my macbook. I am not very technologically gifted, so I could use some advice. I looked into the logitech 9000, but the software is only available for PCs, and according to the reviews it works basically on a mac, but you cant change any of the settings and auto focus doesnt work. From there I looked into the C615 and the C920. I definitely want a HD compatible camera, and the 920 looks better - but it says that its for windows based PCs.

As far as I can tell, the 615 says its mac compatible, and its still HD. The real differences seem to be between 720p and 1080p (and what does full HD mean?), megapixels, and that the 920 compresses as it records and records in mp4 format. Im just worried that the 920 would have the same problems that the 9000 has since neither are advertised as being mac compatible. Is the 615 fine? It says it can do full HD at 1080p, but then on another chart says 720p... which would be the streaming resolution? I dont really need the best of the best, but eventually I want to start recording videos for clips4sale as well, would the C615 be sufficient? Im just mostly concerned that the camera I get will be fully compatible with my mac, and if I stream in HD will I get the HD tag (at least on SM, I have no idea how the HD works on MFC yet)? Oh and that the camera will work with the encoder if I do go to SM.

So if anybody knows techspeak, I could use some help! If any models own these cameras, I would really appreciate your reviews! Thank you guys!
You can stream with HD on MFC regardless of what camera you have and it should show up as being HD. The only difference is, you won't look good unless you have an HD camera. The 615 should work perfectly fine with Streamate.

I believe there was a mac thread as recent as today talking about the c615, and a lot of models were saying it was incredibly clear.

"Full HD" just means that video recorded with the camera is considered high-definition. However, it doesn't mean it will come out as crisp and beautiful as a $50k professional film camera. Anything above 720p is considered HD. I have a Logitech 920c that can record in 1080p and it doesn't record perfect, crystal-clear shots. Honestly, no matter what it says, it's a webcam - if you want the kind of clarity you see in blockbuster movies, you're going to have to spend more than $70 on a webcam to get it.

And as far as I know, the 920 is not mac compatible. As far as the "compressing while it records" feature, this shouldn't be a concern. If you are going to create professional quality clips you are going to need to edit and render them after you record them anyway, so wanting it to come out sized perfectly as soon as you're done recording isn't necessary.

Thank you, Evvie :) I just went ahead and purchased a 615

PinkiePixi said:
Thank you, Evvie :) I just went ahead and purchased a 615

I have a c615 on my iMac. The quality looks really good on all the applications I have tried. It also is decent in low light (something I can NOT say about the iSight).

Just a note, the newest Logitech software gives the 615 Mac support. But don't expect the full support in the software as in the Windows version. No pan/zoom, etc. Just don't get freaked out when you see a little box pop up on your dock and then disappear pretty much every day. It's the software checking for updates.

I wanna throw :twocents-02cents: in in case anyone else finds this.

I tried using a c920 with a Mac and it DID NOT WORK ON MFC. No matter what I did, what programs I downloaded, what apps I opened or closed, I could not get the video to stop being stretched and pixelated on the web broadcaster. Got the c910-- works great, only I have to keep another camera app (like Photobooth) open in the background-- lol. I have no idea why.

2wooyoo said:
Pinkie, How are you getting on with the C615?
Do you use it on Chaturbate or only MFC?

Ive used it on both Chaturbate and MFC with no problems what so ever :)

Reactions: 2wooyoo
PinkiePixi said:
2wooyoo said:
Pinkie, How are you getting on with the C615?
Do you use it on Chaturbate or only MFC?

Ive used it on both Chaturbate and MFC with no problems what so ever :)

Just had a peek at you on MFC, the quality of the picture looks awesome, think we will god for the C615

Thank you for your help

Reactions: PinkiePixi
Definitely an old thread but is the wisdom.

Can anyone confirm if the compatibility issue of the 920c with a Mac on MFC is still an issure or have new software drivers resolved this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.