AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are you reading right now?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm delving into the world of glowfiction currently! General reccommentions include Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality and basically all the rational fiction in the universe that inspired. Recent reads include Luminosity and its sequels, in color.

Currently in the midst of Effulgence aka rp-style fanfic inspired by the rational!Bella of the Luminous universe.

(I apologize if most of these words don't make sense, I haven't figured out how to explain glowfic to people that don't already know what it is. Suffice to say it is currently My Favorite Thing Ever.)

Reactions: DFT
I blew throw The Dresden Files in a month last year. Now I'm bummed I did so. Jim created a great character I want to go back and visit, but he doesn't turn out new tales like those who have found self publishing success in more recent years.

Just finished listening to The Illuminae Files! I want to read the actual books next. It's setup like a dossier of hacked files. Interesting format for an audio book, but the performance was really well done.
I heard these are great, how did you like 'em?

Reading James Lee Burke . The Glass Rainbow , from his Dave Robicheaux series.

Reactions: DFT
Mr.Monster by Dan wells. Its about a 15 year old who believes he is a serial killer...and instead of killing every day people...he kills other...killers

Three books in to Dean Koontz's "Jane Hawk" series. I adore Dean's writing, he uses simple declarative writing at the start of a novel: when he introduces uncommon words he crafts a context around them so they're instantly understood. While he's sliding his style he's introducing the characters. Damn.

Jane Hawk is a total badass. Full on recommend.

Three books in to Dean Koontz's "Jane Hawk" series. I adore Dean's writing, he uses simple declarative writing at the start of a novel: when he introduces uncommon words he crafts a context around them so they're instantly understood. While he's sliding his style he's introducing the characters. Damn.

Jane Hawk is a total badass. Full on recommend.

Just added to the kindle - better be good mind ;) (I like Dean Koontz, never quite know where he's going with a story...)

Just finished reading Dita Von Teese book. The fetish part was really nice! The burlesque part was ok, but I was not that interested in the history stuff AND there was way too many pictures of dead animal skins for my taste :vomit:

I want to try to get back into a regular reading schedule, and think it might be good to start with short novels and novellas, until I can redevelop my "stay awake while reading" muscles again. Fortunately, I have a lot of classics I've collected over the years, waiting to be read. I was just thumbing through the collected Oz books, and I realized I could probably read one a day, if I really wanted to. I could definitely at least get through a few chapters at a time.

I may actually get through that 12-book Goodreads challenge this year, after all!

I'm interested in James Madison. Read Ron Chernow's biography of Hamilton. It sang. /pun

David McCullough for John Adams. What's a comparable biography of Madison? John Jay? Might be even more interesting.

Journey to the West by Wu Cheng En.
And actually We the Living by Ayn Rand one of the greatest philosopher in the world

Light fare post election tensions, "Space Team" series by Barry Hutchinson. It's good because it's silly and that's the mood I want to be in. Best space adventure? Not even close. Best comedy sci-fi? Nah. It's kind of like The Orville: a tribute to sci-fi by a fan of the genre who often hits cringe on the way to the laugh he was going for. That's kind of funny too though. Little to no politics, other than Cal (the one earthling) wondering if using Earth sayings about dogs is racist to werewolves. Space werewolves that is.

Reactions: emptiedglass
Very slowly making my way through The Sea Peoples, by S.M. Stirling. Only one more book left in the series, which has grown far beyond the trilogy it started out as. I have mixed feelings about it coming to an end. Has he dragged it out too far? Yes. Do I want it to end? Nope!

Reactions: MollyMidnight
Working on reading every Stephen King work in order of publication, just about done with Insomnia currently.
Also I just started re-reading The Animorphs series because it kicks ass.

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.