AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you think camsites can do better for models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2023
Camsites like Chaturbate, Stripchat, Bongacams, myfreecams, etc. - what features do you wish they had or can improve on to make your experience better as a model?

Improving your experience could mean anything such as a more sleek user interface, analytic tools to see trends in your user traffic, or more ways to monetize your channel such as affiliate/partner programs like in Twitch.tv.

I am curious to hear your opinion because I am developing my own cam site from the ground up (no turn-key products used) and in order to 'disrupt' the current camming platforms that have ruled for over a decade now, it would be beneficial to hear your 'wish-list' of improvements.

Thanks in advance and I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts!!

flork reading.jpg

Forgive my ignorance , I’m sure many people have pitched their idea here . Maybe the best way for me to find out is to actually try modeling my self instead of expecting to be spoon fed (I did try for like a week if it means anything ) 🥹

Have a read though the Stripchat Suggestions thread to begin with then read the rest of the forum, then try to make a living with camming and come back again if you think you can make something better than what already exist.

Forgive my ignorance , I’m sure many people have pitched their idea here . Maybe the best way for me to find out is to actually try modeling my self instead of expecting to be spoon fed (I did try for like a week if it means anything ) 🥹
Yep, do it for 6 months or so.

well.... chaturbate should say why your banned rather then just say you broke some terms or whatever.... most times its just stupid trolls reporting models maybe because they didn't undress completely with is dumb because in my bio it says only nude in my private shows and fan-club i dont do this in main chat like read it omg lol. i had that happen to me before i seen it happen with other models has well..... so annoying!

well.... chaturbate should say why your banned rather then just say you broke some terms or whatever.... most times its just stupid trolls reporting models maybe because they didn't undress completely with is dumb because in my bio it says only nude in my private shows and fan-club i dont do this in main chat like read it omg lol. i had that happen to me before i seen it happen with other models has well..... so annoying!
I've heard the same, no reason given for bans or anything. It's pretty prevalent even on places like Twitch too. Thanks for your input!

Pay us more.
Could you imagine if every user always had at least 1 token with them every time they entered a room? Yes, 1 token by itself is worth practically nothing, but for models that average let’s say 1000 viewers per show, coordinating them all to tip their 1 little token (usually equivalent to $0.05 ?) to reach some goal would be an easy 1000 tokens right there. Just thinking out loud here haha

Could you imagine if every user always had at least 1 token with them every time they entered a room? Yes, 1 token by itself is worth practically nothing, but for models that average let’s say 1000 viewers per show, coordinating them all to tip their 1 little token (usually equivalent to $0.05 ?) to reach some goal would be an easy 1000 tokens right there. Just thinking out loud here haha
Their tipping is an external factor, but the cut from models is something the site can actively control.

Unpopular Opinion:

Personally I find the 50/50 split on token sites is fine. Live streaming is expensive to run and host, they have to pay out a % to affiliates (usually 20-35%), so with a model getting 50% an affiliate getting 25% the site is only left with 25% to cover the all the infrastructure, payment fees cover chargebacks and run their own marketing.

I think the importance of affiliates is often overlooked and the % the site has to pay them isnt taken into account when people say "we should get paid more". Affiliate programs drive the majority of traffic on the internet, so its an important part of any site to ensure there is a constant flow of traffic.

So to increase the models payout you basically have 3 options:

1) Get rid of the affiliate program, but then your site will struggle to get traffic so it wont matter that modes are getting paid at a higher rate since overall they would end up earning less
2) Lower the payout of the affiliate program, kind of the same issue as #1, if the programs not competitive then why would anyone promote it
3) Lower the sites cut, but then the site operator might decide that it's not worth the time and effort it takes to manage the site, or they may not be able to do things like pay support staff, pay developers to maintain the site etc. If profits are too thin then there becomes no reason to keep the site running.

In the case of CB they also run a bug bounty program so another % of what they make goes to paying security researchers that find bugs and security vulnerabilities in the site to make sure that the site is secure as possible.

Unpopular Opinion:

Personally I find the 50/50 split on token sites is fine. Live streaming is expensive to run and host, they have to pay out a % to affiliates (usually 20-35%), so with a model getting 50% an affiliate getting 25% the site is only left with 25% to cover the all the infrastructure, payment fees cover chargebacks and run their own marketing.

I think the importance of affiliates is often overlooked and the % the site has to pay them isnt taken into account when people say "we should get paid more". Affiliate programs drive the majority of traffic on the internet, so its an important part of any site to ensure there is a constant flow of traffic.

1) Get rid of the affiliate program, but then your site will struggle to get traffic so it wont matter that modes are getting paid at a higher rate since overall they would end up earning less
2) Lower the payout of the affiliate program, kind of the same issue as #1, if the programs not competitive then why would anyone promote it
3) Lower the sites cut, but then the site operator might decide that it's not worth the time and effort it takes to manage the site, or they may not be able to do things like pay support staff, pay developers to maintain the site etc. If profits are too thin then there becomes no reason to keep the site running.

In the case of CB they also run a bug bounty program so another % of what they make goes to paying security researchers that find bugs and security vulnerabilities in the site to make sure that the site is secure as possible.
It's a 400$ billion industry. They can loosen the purse strings. Maybe stop going to conventions. Chaturbate needs to at least give more to legacy cammers -- registered models on site for 10 years or more. We built that. It's our shoulders they're standing on.

The recent posts about CB reminds me of another thing to NOT do on a new cam site: host raunchy ads.

Ads are for tube sites, blogs, and social media platforms. Cam sites visuals should focus purely on live streaming and selling vids/etc.

The recent posts about CB reminds me of another thing to NOT do on a new cam site: host raunchy ads.

Ads are for tube sites, blogs, and social media platforms. Cam sites visuals should focus purely on live streaming and selling vids/etc.
I forgot they even have ads thanks to adblock 😂

90% of the ads are YouTube videos of CB models and if you accidentally click it while broadcasting, lord help you. Better shut it down fast before it gets reported. It is annoying.

So your goal is to open another token based site versus a private one?
I do not work on token sites but I can definitely say that having a good budget for advertising combined with the skills to do it is needed for any site. So many seem to expect us to supply it and for me personally I'd take a lower percentage with more customers.
Do not ban models automatically! Someone reports something dumb-bam model loses their livelihood. Take time to investigate the issue.
Basic things-allow models to ban without explanation, leave notes on customers, and have a minimum pay per minute if you do end up going the private route that isn't absurdly low.
Advertise for fetishes as well as vanilla.
Less is more. A functional simple site is preferable to one with a ton of bells and whistles that glitches frequently.

I think the idea is that the site would gain a very large number of models, due to “better” working conditions. So that even if the percentage profit for them is lower, the increased “inventory” and traffic would make up for it in actual numbers. 20% of 2 mil vs 30% of 1 mil. I think that workers in general are extremely underrated in capitalism even though they are literally the ones holding up this entire house of cards!

I want a butler, a chef, a personal trainer, a ski instructor and a chauffeur 😂 Just kidding I’d just settle for a site with open honest, thorough communication to models. We’re supposed to all be a team working together, but it often feels like theres a huge divide between models and Devs. Not sure why it has to be that way. Idk maybe employee owned company is the way to go. But I’ll admit I’m not up on the research, as far as how long term successful that business model is.

Dont be the dick site with hidden fee's.

I saw one site (it was a content site not a cam site but i feel it still applies) that was advertising way above industry average, close to 100%, it was so high that I started digging to find out how exactly they make money giving away such a large % of sales. Turns out after all the hidden fee's (like the affiliate cut coming out of the models cut, customer payment fees, payment fees on getting paid and service charges) the real payout amount was closer to something like 12.5%. As bad as the 12.5% is, it's the fact that it's a shit ton of hidden fees that breaks it down that low that puts me off using that site more than the %. 12.5% is low af, but if they could have justified why it's so low (and to be that low it needs to be a really good justification) then it wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me.

Unpopular Opinion:

Hmm that makes me wonder what the “magic” number is, so to speak, for the % of what’s given to streamers from tokens but at the same time can keep the site running . Maybe cam sites like CB are doing that or not. only those on in the inside can find out. But I Intend on finding out 🤔

I think the idea is that the site would gain a very large number of models, due to “better” working conditions. So that even if the percentage profit for them is lower, the increased “inventory” and traffic would make up for it in actual numbers. 20% of 2 mil vs 30% of 1 mil. I think that workers in general are extremely underrated in capitalism even though they are literally the ones holding up this entire house of cards!

That reminds me of something that happened on Twitch.tv recently, where Twitch announced some changes on their advertising rules which would drastically reduce how streamers can make in once. Lots of streamers started to leave to another rival site called Kick and Twitch had to pull out of their changes because they were losing lots of their content creators lol. The power is in the people !!

I want a butler, a chef, a personal trainer, a ski instructor and a chauffeur 😂 Just kidding I’d just settle for a site with open honest, thorough communication to models. We’re supposed to all be a team working together, but it often feels like theres a huge divide between models and Devs. Not sure why it has to be that way. Idk maybe employee owned company is the way to go. But I’ll admit I’m not up on the research, as far as how long term successful that business model is.
Lol xD . I would be surprised if even just a little more transparency between sites and models could somehow be a detrimental business strategy haha

Reactions: MarieElise
Hmm that makes me wonder what the “magic” number is, so to speak, for the % of what’s given to streamers from tokens but at the same time can keep the site running . Maybe cam sites like CB are doing that or not. only those on in the inside can find out. But I Intend on finding out 🤔
Chaturbate also have additional income from running ads.
They also do things I havnt seen other sites do that add extra cost like running a bug bounty program and paying models a good rate for producing ads for the site.

As for the magic number I think it all comes down to how the site is utilizing it's %. Manyvids is a good example for this, their payout is 60%, but they take that 60% and basically blow it on a bunch of shit that dosnt work and half baked ideas that they never fully follow through with, as a result it degrades the platform and makes it worse to use, so the feeling quickly becomes more "if you have all this money to waste then you should increase the payout % instead of trying to change the purpose of the site 3x a week". Their core business is adult clip sales, but they havnt dont anything to improve or fix broken functionality on that part of the site since they decided they wanted to be a cam site, then they left that half finished because they wanted to be the new onlyfans.

I dont doubt that they make a sizable profit at 50% which allows them to do things like operate the bug bounty program and pay models for ads to promote the site, but thats also what allows them to pay out good rates on those things.
That reminds me of something that happened on Twitch.tv recently, where Twitch announced some changes on their advertising rules which would drastically reduce how streamers can make in once. Lots of streamers started to leave to another rival site called Kick and Twitch had to pull out of their changes because they were losing lots of their content creators lol. The power is in the people !!

I wouldnt draw to many comparisons from twitch, the reason for the changes is because they are trying to become a profitable platform. Twitch as far as I know has never made amazon a profit since they bought it (remember reading about it somewhere but cant remember where), the only people making $ from twitch are the streamers for amazon it runs at a loss so all the changes they are trying to make is an effort to make it profitable. I mean it makes sense that Twitch isnt profitable, look at the amount of streamers they have making $0, they still have to pay to stream that content and 10k viewers watching 1 hour of 1080p content through aws is like $1500 an hour just for the bandwidth. IMO they shot themselves in the foot by putting restrictions on who can earn on the site, it means they constantly have to host streams that have no return (or very little return from the ad rolls). It wont surprise me if Kick gets shut down by whoever deals with gimbaling advertising, from what I have seen the whole site is basically just advertising gambling sites to minors.

^^^ This is true! I used to be ok with Streamate only paying me 35% because of the traffic it generated but now instead of fixing the neverending glitches and severe traffic issues they keep having asinine contests and thus I am adding a lot of other sites because they obviously have no plans to correct those issues.

Hey! I broadcast on three sites - CB, Stripchat and Bongacams. I personally think that CB and Stripchat should improve their support service. Besides not telling pretty much anything about our "violations" as someone said before, they also can't really help with the tech side of broadcasting. I had some issues with my OBS settings and couldn't set the 4K resolution, did not know the reason and contacted CB support. They told me to test the internet speed and some other basic stuff that I already checked. Same happened with SC.

I almost gave up hopes at this point 😆 But decided to try and contact Bonga. They offered help via anydesk, and appeared that my GPU was too weak for this. So if I have some tech issues I always contact them now, since they were the only one who could handle the situation. I also heard that many models who broadcast on CB and SC sites had these same issues

Hey! I broadcast on three sites - CB, Stripchat and Bongacams. I personally think that CB and Stripchat should improve their support service. Besides not telling pretty much anything about our "violations" as someone said before, they also can't really help with the tech side of broadcasting. I had some issues with my OBS settings and couldn't set the 4K resolution, did not know the reason and contacted CB support. They told me to test the internet speed and some other basic stuff that I already checked. Same happened with SC.

I almost gave up hopes at this point 😆 But decided to try and contact Bonga. They offered help via anydesk, and appeared that my GPU was too weak for this. So if I have some tech issues I always contact them now, since they were the only one who could handle the situation. I also heard that many models who broadcast on CB and SC sites had these same issues
Having a live chat support system for trouble shooting issues when you are trying to get on line 10/10 feature. Otherwise it's miss time sometimes days online while you wait for an email reply.

Ok but think about what you're actually asking for here. IT people make between $40 and $130 an hour in the US. You're asking for a dedicated IT team to trouble shoot a very low number of cases in comparison to the standard reason one email's support. Perhaps because Bonga has a lower viewership and model count than CB and StripChat you got lucky to get someone bored enough to deep dive into the issue.

You could have probably googled 4k cam issues with OBS and found your answer for free.

Edit: We're independent contractors, it is up to us to figure out how these things work, and CB has a very thorough guide on their site detailing how to set up OBS and use all of their features. It takes but a moment to look through the site map to find it.

Last edited:
Ok but think about what you're actually asking for here. IT people make between $40 and $130 an hour in the US. You're asking for a dedicated IT team to trouble shoot a very low number of cases in comparison to the standard reason one email's support. Perhaps because Bonga has a lower viewership and model count than CB and StripChat you got lucky to get someone bored enough to deep dive into the issue.

You could have probably googled 4k cam issues with OBS and found your answer for free.

Edit: We're independent contractors, it is up to us to figure out how these things work, and CB has a very thorough guide on their site detailing how to set up OBS and use all of their features. It takes but a moment to look through the site map to find it.
Yeah, I totally agree and I did look these things up, I just couldn't understand the exact issue at that moment, I thought I checked everything. But you know, there are several types of support services. For example, there are regular support chats operators who deal with basic every day issues and there are support engineers whos work is dependent on an simple tech issues like these (weak GPU, not enough ram and etc). Actually you don't really need to be an IT specialist to understand these things, you need a good training. Bonga is just a good example in an knowledge of tech stuff

so, my advice - train your support :)

If you have an OBS issue you can ask here on the forums we are usually pretty good about responding. A weak gpu is an odd one is this one of those computers with a processor that doesn't have on board video and you were Nvidia hardware encoder on one of those very cheap GeForce cards?

Reactions: Vixxen81
Status
Not open for further replies.