AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
As the weather here has cooled back to mid 20's for a few days ...phew... it gives me a chance to catch up on some stored stuff on the DVR. Just finished "Missions" (French series) and the 3rd season of "Humans". Presently also watching the second season of "The Handmaid's Tale"... it's still dark and bleak with WTF moments around every corner, but it is still compelling television.

Blessed be the Froot Loops!

;)

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Meh. Not overly impressed. I get it's a spinoff from the TV series, and it's meant as comedic relief. Just wasn't all that impressed.

Could also be related to mood... Most likely not.

Who is America? Like watching the Weather Channel at the airport.

Trial and Error. Silly, stupid, tries to be vulgar within NBC's guidelines - so it comes across as an 8th grader's try at offending the teacher. Guess I'm bored, watched the first season with John Lithgow, semi entertained. Now with Kristin Chenoweth I'll be more excited for this season.

What? She's a Tony award winning singer/actor. What'd you think I meant?

I just finished watching the Orange Is The New Black pilot. I've been meaning to start it and just had been putting it off.

And now, in what may be a 180, I'm about to sit down and watch The Sound of Music for the first time.

"Death of a Nation"

Umm, it was interesting. Perhaps not quite what I thought it would be. But, definitely food for thought, and historical references.

If you go see it, I'd highly recommend going in with an open mind. Especially on the political front.

My fiance and I recently caught up with Westworld and I'm so mad at myself for waiting so long to get into it - it's so so so good! It's one of the few shows that's ever hooked me from the pilot alone. I've got this weird hang-up about watching the first episodes of new shows; idk I just hate having to sit through a glacial hour of "getting-to-know-the-characters" scenes and cheesy montages, but Westworld hooked me from the first creepy ass 30 seconds. Loved it.

I also just can't get over how much "wtf" they're able to skillfully place into each episode, the consistency is insane. Season 3 needs to come out like, yesterday.

Reactions: Useful-Title
My fiance and I recently caught up with Westworld and I'm so mad at myself for waiting so long to get into it - it's so so so good! It's one of the few shows that's ever hooked me from the pilot alone. I've got this weird hang-up about watching the first episodes of new shows; idk I just hate having to sit through a glacial hour of "getting-to-know-the-characters" scenes and cheesy montages, but Westworld hooked me from the first creepy ass 30 seconds. Loved it.

I also just can't get over how much "wtf" they're able to skillfully place into each episode, the consistency is insane. Season 3 needs to come out like, yesterday.

I'm nearly the opposite. I don't like the awkwardness of the first episode or two. But, know it's a necessary evil as the actors start learning who they and the others are. For myself, I need th first few episodes to set the stage for the series. Just like a show. Even if I miss the first thirty seconds, I feel like the show/movie is ruined. It could just be a panning across the earth, and nothing else, and I'll feel the same way.

I'm nearly the opposite. I don't like the awkwardness of the first episode or two. But, know it's a necessary evil as the actors start learning who they and the others are. For myself, I need th first few episodes to set the stage for the series. Just like a show. Even if I miss the first thirty seconds, I feel like the show/movie is ruined. It could just be a panning across the earth, and nothing else, and I'll feel the same way.

When it comes to movies, I definitely agree with you there. I'm far more of a cinephile than a tv-buff and if I miss anything at all in a film, I lose my shit lmao. It simply cannot be watched if I've missed the first scene unless it's something very "easy-watching" like maybe a Marvel movie or a rom-com, but even then, I'd always much rather see the whole thing. But with shows? Blegh, the pilot awkwardness just gets under my skin -- I'd rather read a written recap lol.

When it comes to movies, I definitely agree with you there. I'm far more of a cinephile than a tv-buff and if I miss anything at all in a film, I lose my shit lmao. It simply cannot be watched if I've missed the first scene unless it's something very "easy-watching" like maybe a Marvel movie or a rom-com, but even then, I'd always much rather see the whole thing. But with shows? Blegh, the pilot awkwardness just gets under my skin -- I'd rather read a written recap lol.

So, would I be wrong if I guessed you're also the kind who despises people talking during movies? That's how I am, I don't want to hear a word out of someone during the movie. Unless it's something I've seen quite a few times, and we're kissing or sex during, then I'm mostly okay (albeit slightly annoyed if it's a good scene).

Reactions: CorieCastles
So, would I be wrong if I guessed you're also the kind who despises people talking during movies? That's how I am, I don't want to hear a word out of someone during the movie. Unless it's something I've seen quite a few times, and we're kissing or sex during, then I'm mostly okay (albeit slightly annoyed if it's a good scene).

Omfg. The moment someone says anything or takes out their phone - especially in a theater, oh my god - I lose it; one moment I'm fine and the next I'm back in high school, clutching my figurative beret, on the brink of ugly-tears because no one appreciates the cinematography and having a full-blown cringey meltdown, it's a mess, honestly. Lmfao, but seriously, like just shhh!!! I don't see how people manage to get any enjoyment out of it by yapping during the whole thing; shows are a little different, there's some filler so there's a little extra time to discuss, but movies??? Come on, people... shut the fuck up lmao.

Making out during a Netflix b-horror movie is acceptable. Sometimes.

Omfg. The moment someone says anything or takes out their phone - especially in a theater, oh my god - I lose it; one moment I'm fine and the next I'm back in high school, clutching my figurative beret, on the brink of ugly-tears because no one appreciates the cinematography and having a full-blown cringey meltdown, it's a mess, honestly. Lmfao, but seriously, like just shhh!!! I don't see how people manage to get any enjoyment out of it by yapping during the whole thing; shows are a little different, there's some filler so there's a little extra time to discuss, but movies??? Come on, people... shut the fuck up lmao.

Making out during a Netflix b-horror movie is acceptable. Sometimes.

Haha, we're far too similar on the distractions on movies. Happy to know there's others out there who feel similar. :)

Though, I do have a confession to make: One time, had sex in a theater while watching a movie. We both had already seen the movie multiple times, so we felt it was okay. She was hot, and we were both very turned on for our date. So...

Reactions: CorieCastles
Did a little Mission Impossible binging this weekend. Saw MI:1&2 last weekend, then 3/4/5 Friday and Saturday so I could go see the new one last night. I have to admit, was impressed. Probably the best one of the series. MI:2 sucked. But, the rest were good.

Just watched Upgrade last night. Rather good. Exactly what you'd want to see in a sci-fi movie.

Just watched Upgrade last night. Rather good. Exactly what you'd want to see in a sci-fi movie.

Me too!
I had never heard of it or seen it anywhere. Decided to check it out as the trailer looked ok.
It had a good part of sense of humour in which was fantastic and all around, much better than expected

I like movies like this for that very reason.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Saw the pilot for the new "Jack Ryan" show on Prime. Really well done, and hope the rest of the series is just as well done.

Watched "Juliet Naked" last night. Went in blindly not knowing what it was about. Wasn't bad. But, certainly not something I'd recommend to others.

Reactions: DFT
"Happy Time Murders".

Muppets done in R rated. Did a good job with it. Would watch again.

Saw the pilot for the new "Jack Ryan" show on Prime. Really well done, and hope the rest of the series is just as well done.

I've been very wary of all treatments of Jack Ryan in film through the years. Harrison Ford was way too old. Alec Baldwin was good casting for Ryan in Hunt for Red October. Better than the Scottish/Soviet captain who stole the sub even ;) And Gates McFadden as Jack Ryan's wife for her few seconds of screen time - RAWWWR.

Alec's a nutjob, but he did one good thing. Now it's hard to separate his nonsense from the character when watching the movie. I was leery of a reboot of the character in modern times - after seeing it, it was was the right way to go. No Jack Jr sort of thing, just make him timeless and inserted into events. It worked.

John Krasinski as an action hero is still a stretch, he was Jim from 'The Office' for so long. Earned some chops in 13 Hours and hasn't let me down 3 eps in. Jack Ryan of this age is still baby faced, but he's already played the role better than Ford.

I've been very wary of all treatments of Jack Ryan in film through the years. Harrison Ford was way too old. Alec Baldwin was good casting for Ryan in Hunt for Red October. Better than the Scottish/Soviet captain who stole the sub even ;) And Gates McFadden as Jack Ryan's wife for her few seconds of screen time - RAWWWR.

Alec's a nutjob, but he did one good thing. Now it's hard to separate his nonsense from the character when watching the movie. I was leery of a reboot of the character in modern times - after seeing it, it was was the right way to go. No Jack Jr sort of thing, just make him timeless and inserted into events. It worked.

John Krasinski as an action hero is still a stretch, he was Jim from 'The Office' for so long. Earned some chops in 13 Hours and hasn't let me down 3 eps in. Jack Ryan of this age is still baby faced, but he's already played the role better than Ford.

I'll agree with you on most of this. I never really watched "The Office", so I don't have a thought on his previous roles. I think they did quite well with bringing it to modern times, as I think the character can be timeless. But, the classic stories may not work due to the novels of the times they were written. The concern I would have is that it might become a bit "Jack Bauer-ish". But, I'm more than willing to give it a shot and see where it goes.

That being said, I'm still waiting for "Without Remorse" to be made into a movie.

We are re-watching all of the MCU movies in as close to release order as possible. We've flubbed the order a little bit already, here's where we are at as of this past weekend...

Iron Man
Thor
Avengers
Iron Man 2
Captain America

We are re-watching all of the MCU movies in as close to release order as possible. We've flubbed the order a little bit already, here's where we are at as of this past weekend...

Iron Man
Thor
Avengers
Iron Man 2
Captain America

The movie theater was doing this with all of the movies as well. Wish I had the time to do it in the theater. They also did it with the HP series.

Eventually got around to watching "Train to Busan" recently and very good it was too. Hopefully I'll get around to watching the animated prequel... "Seoul Station" at the weekend.

That being said, I'm still waiting for "Without Remorse" to be made into a movie.

I don't think it can be done. Worse, I suspect they'd cast Vin Diesel. It's close, Cardinal of the Kremlin or Without Remorse. WR was the better book, but I so miss the Cold War these days. Who knew?

Finished the Amazon series tonight. Spoilers, so if you don't respond for awhile I'm good with that, watch at your leisure. For me it was good right up until the scene where they did contact with the brother in the video game. That whole scene made no sense, but I was good with it because "that's how it'd be described in a novel". And that's how the show had been up to then.

Everything after just felt rushed and wrong, like they ran out of time. By the end I had to remind myself this Jack Ryan, not just some guy on a ride along with Bunk. The explanation of the helicopter crash - so overwrought and unnecessary. Ghost child foreshadow? Come on. Greer no longer an admiral, fine. CIA officer with his own issues, fine. Muslim? Why? That's all too "Homeland". I liked the casting, Wendell could be a great Greer.

And then to have the sister given a wifi enabled game in a CIA safehouse after it's already been a key in the story? HARD FAIL. That would never happen and is insulting even to the audience who had never heard of terrorists messaging that way before the show. That's CBS level storytelling.

Small points like the subway flee scene where cellular coverage is blocked, but people are talking on their phones in it. Extras looking at the actors as they walk by - silly nonsense which is why a 3 minute scene takes half a day in retakes unless you're in a hurry. The last second establishing connection, so trite.

I was a strong 8 for the first 4 eps, going down to a weak 5. They didn't spend too much time on the romance, and that got it up from a 4. That they forgot to tell "Jack" he'd been shot in the final ep was just goofy. Sure, shot in the shoulder, all heroes have to be, but you have to at least wince at some point.

I'll watch a second season, but get your production worked out.

Just caught up on season 2 of Westworld. I love this show! Any other fans?

I finally caught up. What the what? Ah, Memento, I recall thee fondly.

Jonathan's so in love with out of order storytelling he's burnt the soup. Westworld doesn't actually make sense as a story anymore: it's all scenes and /reddit plot points to glue together. Here's the one explanation that sounds like I watched. Season 1 and 2 spoilers. Though with Jon's telling, maybe that'll make you want to watch it more after.