1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last movie/show you watched?

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by lunarxkittn, Sep 27, 2015.

1. DFT

DFT

I don't think it can be done. Worse, I suspect they'd cast Vin Diesel. It's close, Cardinal of the Kremlin or Without Remorse. WR was the better book, but I so miss the Cold War these days. Who knew?

Finished the Amazon series tonight. Spoilers, so if you don't respond for awhile I'm good with that, watch at your leisure. For me it was good right up until the scene where they did contact with the brother in the video game. That whole scene made no sense, but I was good with it because "that's how it'd be described in a novel". And that's how the show had been up to then.

Everything after just felt rushed and wrong, like they ran out of time. By the end I had to remind myself this Jack Ryan, not just some guy on a ride along with Bunk. The explanation of the helicopter crash - so overwrought and unnecessary. Ghost child foreshadow? Come on. Greer no longer an admiral, fine. CIA officer with his own issues, fine. Muslim? Why? That's all too "Homeland". I liked the casting, Wendell could be a great Greer.

And then to have the sister given a wifi enabled game in a CIA safehouse after it's already been a key in the story? HARD FAIL. That would never happen and is insulting even to the audience who had never heard of terrorists messaging that way before the show. That's CBS level storytelling.

Small points like the subway flee scene where cellular coverage is blocked, but people are talking on their phones in it. Extras looking at the actors as they walk by - silly nonsense which is why a 3 minute scene takes half a day in retakes unless you're in a hurry. The last second establishing connection, so trite.

I was a strong 8 for the first 4 eps, going down to a weak 5. They didn't spend too much time on the romance, and that got it up from a 4. That they forgot to tell "Jack" he'd been shot in the final ep was just goofy. Sure, shot in the shoulder, all heroes have to be, but you have to at least wince at some point.

I'll watch a second season, but get your production worked out.

2. charlotteleductasse

3. Lelo1

4. DFT

DFT

I finally caught up. What the what? Ah, Memento, I recall thee fondly.

Jonathan's so in love with out of order storytelling he's burnt the soup. Westworld doesn't actually make sense as a story anymore: it's all scenes and /reddit plot points to glue together. Here's the one explanation that sounds like I watched. Season 1 and 2 spoilers. Though with Jon's telling, maybe that'll make you want to watch it more after.

5. charlotteleductasse