1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last movie/show you watched?

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by lunarxkittn, Sep 27, 2015.

1. DFT

DFT

I don't think it can be done. Worse, I suspect they'd cast Vin Diesel. It's close, Cardinal of the Kremlin or Without Remorse. WR was the better book, but I so miss the Cold War these days. Who knew?

Finished the Amazon series tonight. Spoilers, so if you don't respond for awhile I'm good with that, watch at your leisure. For me it was good right up until the scene where they did contact with the brother in the video game. That whole scene made no sense, but I was good with it because "that's how it'd be described in a novel". And that's how the show had been up to then.

Everything after just felt rushed and wrong, like they ran out of time. By the end I had to remind myself this Jack Ryan, not just some guy on a ride along with Bunk. The explanation of the helicopter crash - so overwrought and unnecessary. Ghost child foreshadow? Come on. Greer no longer an admiral, fine. CIA officer with his own issues, fine. Muslim? Why? That's all too "Homeland". I liked the casting, Wendell could be a great Greer.

And then to have the sister given a wifi enabled game in a CIA safehouse after it's already been a key in the story? HARD FAIL. That would never happen and is insulting even to the audience who had never heard of terrorists messaging that way before the show. That's CBS level storytelling.

Small points like the subway flee scene where cellular coverage is blocked, but people are talking on their phones in it. Extras looking at the actors as they walk by - silly nonsense which is why a 3 minute scene takes half a day in retakes unless you're in a hurry. The last second establishing connection, so trite.

I was a strong 8 for the first 4 eps, going down to a weak 5. They didn't spend too much time on the romance, and that got it up from a 4. That they forgot to tell "Jack" he'd been shot in the final ep was just goofy. Sure, shot in the shoulder, all heroes have to be, but you have to at least wince at some point.

I'll watch a second season, but get your production worked out.

2. charlotteleductasse

3. Lelo1

4. DFT

DFT

I finally caught up. What the what? Ah, Memento, I recall thee fondly.

Jonathan's so in love with out of order storytelling he's burnt the soup. Westworld doesn't actually make sense as a story anymore: it's all scenes and /reddit plot points to glue together. Here's the one explanation that sounds like I watched. Season 1 and 2 spoilers. Though with Jon's telling, maybe that'll make you want to watch it more after.

5. charlotteleductasse

6. OohOlivia

Cam Model

Last show I watched was South Park. It is hilarious. It is not PC at all though so it might offend some people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OohOlivia

Cam Model

SVU is the best Law and Order!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Songbird_Shelly

Right now I’m watching the movie Kidnap starring Halle Berry, and it’s really good so far!

9. x_x_omega_x_x

10. Songbird_Shelly

Just watched A Quiet Place last night, and loved it. And I cried at one particular scene...omg.

I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about a movie that has subtitles almost all throughout the whole movie, but I loved this movie.

11. ForceTen

Hmm, thought I posted this here...

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/michael-b-jordan-john-clark-tom-clancy-movies-1202896241/

"Another Tom Clancy character is headed to Hollywood.

Paramount Pictures has tapped Michael B. Jordan to play Clancy hero John Clark in a new film series, Variety has learned.

Sources tell Variety that Paramount is developing two pics based on the Clancy books “Rainbow Six” and “Without Remorse,” both novels in which Clark is the main star. “Without Remorse” will be the first film of the two, serving as an origin story for the character."

12. abercrombiesucks

Banhammered

Venom. Not as bad as reviews made me think it would be. Wasn't great but could lead to an entertaining sequel.

13. Sillykitty

Hotel Artemis! Fun movie!

14. Dan Epstein

DC’s Titans is a pleasant surprise so far. Nightwing is pretty unstable and cool.

15. MDouble00

I just finished watching Adjust Your Tracking. A documentary that focuses on the people and culture that is collecting/watching/trading etc. VHS tapes. It was suggested on a different forum and I decided to check it out. Some crazy collections are showcased and some of the collectors are some quirky/interesting mix of people. It clocks in at 84 minutes but it does feel a little longer than that. It didn't quite touch my nostalgia or retro buttons for me to recommend.

16. Kitty1purry

Cam Model

The Dragon Prince!!!! omg if you liked avatar: the last airbender or fantasy or like dnd or just having a good laugh/cry than wow! I've watched it all the way through like 6 times :cat:

17. ForceTen

Oh man... I've been slacking on posting:

Venom - Good but wish they'd have kept to the original story a bit more. Would have made for a great Spiderman tie-in from the get-go and they didn't...

GI-Joe: Rise of Cobra
    Hunt for Red October

Finished watching "The Pacific" series

And have been slowly watching "Robotech: The Macross Saga" as it's part of Prime right now. I did start watching "Batman animated series" while it was free for Prime. But, they pulled it after a week and made it a purchase, so will wait. Is okay, I like Robotech better.

18. Tracerhead

Do Youtube series count? If so I've been catching up on Brandon's Cult Movie Reviews on Brandon Tenold's Youtube channel. If you enjoy reviews of cheesy to terrible B-movies by a dryly sarcastic Canadian I highly recommend it.

19. ForceTen

Sounds like a spin-off of MST3K. Which, I could never watch. I get highly annoyed when people talk while watching a movie, and while this is in good natured fun and the premise of the show, I just can't stand it. :haha:

20. mutantdonut

Watched Deadpool 2 and Ant-Man & the Wasp back to back

Deadpool 2 turned out to be so meh. Some comedic scenes were dragging out and landing with a hard thud. Boy did they run the merc-with-a-mouth schtick, and ran and ran and ran, to the point where it would've felt like relief if Wade could shut his mouth for 5 minutes.

Ant-Man & the Wasp was surprisingly good. Worked well as a heist & chase movie with very creative action scenes. Some cheesy moments for your average comic book flick, as expected, but overall quite fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Vonlotus

Cam Model

Just yesterday, "Heavy Metal" :p

22. Songbird_Shelly

Halloween movie. :)

23. DFT

DFT

Remind me to ask you next year which was better, 1978 or 2018? I think it's time to upgrade the old VHS and watch 1978 again.

24. Anatomica Doll

Cam Model

finished up castle rock in three days. totally obsessed, and loved all the bundles of stephen king references.

currently two episodes in on the haunting of hill house. i'm entranced by it already.

25. Gen

Gen
    Cam Model

I’m not Shelly but I watched both this week! 2018 only works in conjunction with 1978 which is a better standalone movie. But they’re both great and worth a watch!!!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Dan Epstein

Ralph Bakshi's Heavy Metal?

27. Vonlotus

Cam Model

28. Dan Epstein

• Like Like x 1
  29. Vonlotus

Cam Model

Didn't know that his name doesn't appear anywhere! BTW I love "Cool World" :h:
    I'll check out that one!

• Like Like x 1
  30. anajames

Jumanji starring Dwayne Johnson. The older one was much much better.

• Agree Agree x 1