1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last movie/show you watched?

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by lunarxkittn, Sep 27, 2015.

1. MDouble00

I finished the Purge TV show last night. Pure garbage! Definitely a show I should have stopped watching at like episode 3. But, since it was only 10 episodes I figured I'll just finish it. Mistakes were made, and some how this garbage was renewed for a second season.

2. Songbird_Shelly

I was hangin' with this guy on Saturday night, and we were looking for something to watch on Netflix. I saw A Quiet Place on the list, and told him that I loved that movie. So we watched that, and he agreed that it's a very good movie. :)

3. ForceTen

• Like Like x 1
  4. DFT

DFT

Having not seen the movies I can guarantee Edward Woodward in the 1985 CBS series was better in every way. That was great TV for its time.

This is a couple years after CBS shut down their radio dramas, which were darker than any of their TV before or since. I can't help but wonder if those staffs got reassigned and made CBS relevant in drama for a little while. Actually "Mike Hammer" (1984) fits the CBS Radio Mystery Theater staff perfectly - and "Murder She Wrote" (1984) a small town in Maine where someone is murdered each week. Stephen King never killed so many at home. CBS TV was good for awhile. Now we get "Young Sheldon" and "Wheel of Fortune" reruns over here at Sandpiper Crossings.

5. Shutterbuck

Shutterbuck AdultIndieProductions.com
    Industry Representative

The other night I watched Young Guns for the first time since it came out.
    It was not as awesome as I thought it was when I was 11.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ForceTen

I haven't seen the first movie. But, the second was a bit of a different storyline than the movies. He does help people. But, it also had a personal storyline as well that I don't remember from the TV show. I remember the CBS shows you mentioned, and I enjoyed all of them. Definitely was a lot better programming back in the day.

7. Dan Epstein

I guess so, but one of the reasons I love Westerns and old Samurai movies, is that they have a journey in them. You can cut from a long shot to a close up, and tell a story.

8. ForceTen

Very true. The issue, if you want to call it that, I have with Young Guns (and more so with YG2) is that it really was a product of the time it was released. The story was good. But, I think it was more about the actors and their personalities (or typecast), than it was about the story. Was kind of a "Who's who" of the young actors of the time.

Along the same lines, but more related to the type of direction/action, is what I feel is the downfall to The Musketeer and it's "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" style of fight scenes. I'm also dreading the new Robin Hood movie because of much the same injection of modern day activism, clothing, etc. While there's always a bit of this, I think some movies really do a disservice to the story by bringing too much current influence into it.

9. Dan Epstein

I didn't like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It was a re-make of the Whooxa Genre, of flying with strings. In addition Chow Yun Fatt is a gun action actor, not a martial artist. I loved him in the John Woo films much better. One of my favorite all time horror-comedy-kung fu movies from the 80's, is Chinese Ghost Story, by Tsui-Hark, stands the test of time.

10. JasonB

Fargo on Netflix.
    Watched all seasons, the last was the best!

Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. CleoCharisma

Cam Model

Yesterday I watched "The man from earth" and wow that's very deep and made me wonder. Oldie but goodie

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dan Epstein

Narcos Mexico, it’s okay so far.

13. ForceTen

I've never heard of this, and the previews looks good. Thanks. :)

Looks like there's two movies of it now.

14. DFT

DFT

First is well done, haven't seen the latter. Reminds me of old radio dramas, shut your eyes and imagine.

15. ForceTen

• Like Like x 1
  16. MDouble00

Currently three episodes in. I have to say first episode moved a bit slow, but episode 2 turned the corner for me fast. I only stopped watching episodes tonight to do some reading on the Sinaloa Cartel, and reading makes my eyes heavier so I can go to bed. But, yeah I think this will be a solid story arc.

I didn't quite realize this was that "Kiki" until the last half of the first episode.

17. Azn_Wonders

Cam Model

I just finished the new Sabrina series!! I loved it. I recommend it if you like horror and dark movies. Makes me want to learn Latin so I can hex my enemies.

18. Dan Epstein

Enrique "Kiki" Camarena is considered to be the big bang case by many researchers and journalists.I recommend non fiction works by the following journalists:
    Roberto Saviano, Anabel Hernandez, and Ioan Grillo.
    Alfredo Corchado from Dallas is also a good writer.

There are no more gangsters in this scene, only gangster CEOs.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Songbird_Shelly

I just saw Creed II tonight. It had me on the edge of my seat, and I loved it!

Was trying to see it asap before some jackass online posts spoilers and give away the whole movie.

20. DFT

DFT

Amazon's "Patriot" - season 2 just dropped, been awhile since it came out in 2015 so I went back to refresh with the pilot and find myself watching the first season again. It's a dark comedy/drama that plays with other styles while driving a serious narrative. Doesn't demand your attention to follow, yet draws it with interesting supporting characters.

21. Songbird_Shelly

The 'All in the Family' episode where Sammy Davis Jr. stops by Archie Bunker's house. LOL!!!

22. Songbird_Shelly

Ryan Eggold (formerly Tom Keen on The Blacklist) is amazing as Dr. Max Goodwin on New Amsterdam. I just finished watching the latest episode of New Amsterdam online, and that ending...OMG. Gotta wait til January for it to come back on.

23. Brett M

Peppermint

I watched the trailer for this and actually forgot about it but then decided to watch it when I saw it available.
    I really enjoy movies like this a lot more, I think. The fact I have NO expectations from it, allows me to rally enjoy it more. This movie was so fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Songbird_Shelly

I watched Spike Lee's film 'BlacKkKlansman' last week, and thought it was good.

25. DFT

DFT

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2. Loved the first season: an American in Paris contrast to start this one.

Bit more absurd than history realism to start, but I dug that. The style, the characters, all so much more than stickboard network stuff.

Apparently in Paris it rains just enough nobody ever gets wet hair, but the streets are always shining. What the hell, I like it.

• Like Like x 1