1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last movie/show you watched?

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by lunarxkittn, Sep 27, 2015.

1. sphbilly

Im half way through HIMYM, hoping it doesn't end as badly as everyone says it does.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  2. DFT

DFT

So I've started "Black Lightning"

What the shit with the low ratings? A superhero who's old enough to shave? +1 (Oliver Queen doesn't count, that's makeup) With a family, not a girlfriend of the season? +1 Has a job in the real world? +0.5 (ok Supergirl and Flash do too). Is doing good through that real world job? +5 Kicks badguy ass saving his city? +1

I'll just say many of the parts about race are rare, and shouldn't be.

3. MDouble00

I don't want to spoil a future episode but there is a comment I'm dying to make just from reading that.

It took me awhile to start watching the show again after the finale. But, I came around and at least watch my favorites from the beginning of the series. I just watched the Limo last night which has kind of been my post NYE ritual for a couple of years now. The early seasons of the show are amazing. I look forward to seeing how you come out on the otherside of this show. For me, I'm one of those people who think it ended badly. It was quite possibly going to go down as my favorite show and then the final season came and with it the finale.

But, I digress.

I just finished Black Mirror: Bandersnatch. It wasn't the typical Black Mirror mind fuck that I expected, but it was a fun idea. I think in doses especially with Black Mirror that a choose your own adventure concept can be quite welcoming for the series. That said there was at least one sequence that I think was fun because it really made you realize how ridiculous you were being with options.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anatomica Doll

Cam Model

finished castle rock not too long ago. currently in the midst of watching a j-drama from 2005 called gokusen, and also i intend to start up season three of mr. robot soon!

5. mutantdonut

Venom

Can't say i share the same enthusiasm with those who loved it. Personally i thought it was dreadful. First 30 minutes were painfully dull and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the movie. As repetitive as the superhero origin story has become, this one felt exceptionally generic above the average generic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. daphnedaring

I am watching YOU, its dark, morbid and totally fits my mood lately haha! I am wanting to watch Bandersnatch, but my SO has asked me to wait and watch it with him. So I may. I also love Black Mirror, and we are watching Sabrina together. That show makes me shiver so deliciously! I can't wait to see what they do with it as it goes along!

7. Songbird_Shelly

The South Park episode about pimps and hoes, and charging money for "kisses." Lmfao.

8. OliviaClarke

Cam Model

I just watched Cam on Netflix, it was WILD. Definitely not the way I expected the movie to go!

9. Dan Epstein

Punisher Season 2. There's one episode with a great homage to John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13.

• Like Like x 2
  10. EveAngelical

The last movie I watched was Mandy. Anyone else seen it? I'm not generally a Nicolas Cage fan, but the cinematography is out of this world. And who DOESN'T love a movie about some bloody vengeance?

11. Cassiequinn

Cam Model

The last movie i watched was Cam. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it was gonna be cheesy and me and my husband could make fun of it...
    The last TV show I watched was The Magicians. That show is so amazing. Everyone should watch it so they keep making it! The new season is about to come out and I'm super bummed I don't have cable to watch it. I have to wait until it comes on Netflix.

12. zippypinhead

I watched the first season of Channel Zero, Candle Cove, in-between football games yesterday. It's the first time in a while I've legitimately sat and binged a single show all at once, but each season is only six episodes, and it's an anthology with different stories each season, so it's the kind of short binge I can get into. It's fun. I like TV horror because they tend to opt for slow-burn creeping dread over shock and jump scares. Candle Cove really pushes at the boundaries of the creeping dread stuff with its visual style, too. Lots of lingering shots in dark rooms, people staring off into the middle distance, and reeeeaaaaaallly slow pans followed by hard, quick cuts. It causes a sensation that I haven't really seen tried much in horror before, but that I like a lot. Mostly, it's a quiet kind of horror show, and it works. I think it helps that there's never a question about the reality of the monsters. They're revealed as "real" pretty much from the beginning, which was surprising, since the protagonist was established from the first scene as having a tenuous grasp on reality.

There's a lot of stuff that's in there apparently for the visual impact, but is left more or less unexplained. I'm still puzzling over the whole theme about teeth -- I just don't think it was ever adequately fleshed out, even though it was clearly an important element. But still, good stuff. And apparently, season 2, No-End House, is even better. Based on the title, I'm pretty excited. I love the concept of bigger-on-the-inside, haunted, endless architecture.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zippypinhead

I had a day off, so I watched No-End House. From reading reviews, people tend to say it's the best season, but I wasn't as into it as Candle Cove. All of that interesting style and slow burn weirdness I was gushing over wasn't there, since it's a different director, and even though it is about a bigger-on-the-inside haunted house, I dunno. I guess I was expecting more House of Leaves, and less CW-style teenage angst. Still, it's solid, and more narratively cohesive than Candle Cove, so I can't fault people for being more into No-End House. I guess I just liked the offbeatness of Candle Cove better.