AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I am watching YOU, its dark, morbid and totally fits my mood lately haha! I am wanting to watch Bandersnatch, but my SO has asked me to wait and watch it with him. So I may. I also love Black Mirror, and we are watching Sabrina together. That show makes me shiver so deliciously! I can't wait to see what they do with it as it goes along!

The South Park episode about pimps and hoes, and charging money for "kisses." Lmfao.

Just curious to see what you all are peaking at!

What was the last movie you watched and would you recommend it?

I'm currently watching Orozco the Embalmer. I think it's a killer documentary, but no I would not recommend it to most people :)
Feel free to give me lil reviews - use the spoiler tags!
I just watched Cam on Netflix, it was WILD. Definitely not the way I expected the movie to go!

The last movie I watched was Mandy. Anyone else seen it? I'm not generally a Nicolas Cage fan, but the cinematography is out of this world. And who DOESN'T love a movie about some bloody vengeance?

The last movie i watched was Cam. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it was gonna be cheesy and me and my husband could make fun of it...
The last TV show I watched was The Magicians. That show is so amazing. Everyone should watch it so they keep making it! The new season is about to come out and I'm super bummed I don't have cable to watch it. I have to wait until it comes on Netflix.

I watched the first season of Channel Zero, Candle Cove, in-between football games yesterday. It's the first time in a while I've legitimately sat and binged a single show all at once, but each season is only six episodes, and it's an anthology with different stories each season, so it's the kind of short binge I can get into. It's fun. I like TV horror because they tend to opt for slow-burn creeping dread over shock and jump scares. Candle Cove really pushes at the boundaries of the creeping dread stuff with its visual style, too. Lots of lingering shots in dark rooms, people staring off into the middle distance, and reeeeaaaaaallly slow pans followed by hard, quick cuts. It causes a sensation that I haven't really seen tried much in horror before, but that I like a lot. Mostly, it's a quiet kind of horror show, and it works. I think it helps that there's never a question about the reality of the monsters. They're revealed as "real" pretty much from the beginning, which was surprising, since the protagonist was established from the first scene as having a tenuous grasp on reality.

There's a lot of stuff that's in there apparently for the visual impact, but is left more or less unexplained. I'm still puzzling over the whole theme about teeth -- I just don't think it was ever adequately fleshed out, even though it was clearly an important element. But still, good stuff. And apparently, season 2, No-End House, is even better. Based on the title, I'm pretty excited. I love the concept of bigger-on-the-inside, haunted, endless architecture.

Reactions: Gen
I had a day off, so I watched No-End House. From reading reviews, people tend to say it's the best season, but I wasn't as into it as Candle Cove. All of that interesting style and slow burn weirdness I was gushing over wasn't there, since it's a different director, and even though it is about a bigger-on-the-inside haunted house, I dunno. I guess I was expecting more House of Leaves, and less CW-style teenage angst. Still, it's solid, and more narratively cohesive than Candle Cove, so I can't fault people for being more into No-End House. I guess I just liked the offbeatness of Candle Cove better.

Watched "I Married a Witch" with Veronica Lake. Fun rom/com of 1942. Immortalized for her peek-a-boo style hair, I paused it while making the mistake of trying to guess if Veronica might still be alive and found she drank herself to death at 50 nearly half a century ago. Damn. Hard to watch that happy 20 year old girl on screen after that.

The last movie I watched: The Nun. And I must say...I was disapppointed. I figured that since I enjoyed The Conjuring 2 so much (Valak the nun is featured in that movie), I'd like this movie too. But nah, I wasn't impressed.

The last show I watched: General Hospital. I could get lost staring into Steve Burton's beautiful blue eyes.....

I just finished the shit show that is Abducted in plain sight on Netflix. What happened to the little girl in this is no doubt horrible. But, Holy fuck were her parents insane. The longer I watched the more my empathy went right out the window.

Also not going to spoil any specifics but I can't believe in the last couple of weeks I've watched 2 documentaries on Netflix that have legit made me laugh with a what the fuck confessional

Can confirm, Don Cheadle is carrying another Showtime show. And that's not a bad thing.

Surrounded him with the A talent of B shows - and then you notice why they were on B shows.

The storyline has expectations set, let's see if they pay off.

Last movie I saw was "Boy Who Would be King". Thought was pretty good. :)

I just saw the premier for "Miracle Workers" which will be on TBS. Very entertaining!

Reactions: CharlieCharma
I just finished the shit show that is Abducted in plain sight on Netflix. What happened to the little girl in this is no doubt horrible. But, Holy fuck were her parents insane. The longer I watched the more my empathy went right out the window.

Also not going to spoil any specifics but I can't believe in the last couple of weeks I've watched 2 documentaries on Netflix that have legit made me laugh with a what the fuck confessional

I watched this last weekend and was absolutely horrified at how ignorant her parents were. However, I have to remind myself that they were not only LDS (ie likely incredibly ignorant to the ways of the world), but also pre- Stranger Danger. Still though, the red flags should have been incredibly obvious. I just...I can't. I cannot even.

Just started to watch Doom Patrol, this DC Titans spin off looks amazing so far. It seems like Marvel are not the only ones with a long term strategy plan.
The BrendanFraserFans account on Twitter has been talking NONSTOP about this show. I might tune in sometime, if only to see the BF act again.

Alita: Battle Angel

Was pretty good, initeresting storyline.

Binge watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.

Also watching Orange is the New Black, but at a slow pace-I'm not really into this season like I was the first couple of seasons.

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT
I just wrapped up "The Founder" last night which is the film that follows how Ray Kroc revolutionized McDonalds. I had been curious to check it out for a while, but after listening to the Business Wars podcast that covered McDonalds vs Burger King, I was more intrigued to watch it. Michael Keaton as he usual is really great in the role and I also really liked Nick Offerman's performance in this. Given the material that it's covering it was definitely a solid watch. I did go down a Ray Kroc rabbit hole after watching it as it definitely gave me an opinion on the man.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT