AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
There is also Heavy Metal 2000

The original was cool for its time, and the concepts in it. But, I prefer the 2000 story better.

I also used to subscribe to the magazine for many years. :)

Both were ambitious experiments in independent animation of their time, and both are charmingly terrible. I can understand why Kevin Eastman would spend the entire 90s publicly worshiping Julie Strain. It's actually a really sweet, artsy, nerdy love story. On the other hand, with HM2K, for years, we were promised an epic animated continuation of Melting Pot, with that distinctively grungy gorgeous Simon Bisley look and Julie Strain's cartoon booty. What we got instead was a sparsely-animated, rust-colored mess, with CG animation shoehorned in that looked terrible even for the time. To say the least, I was disappointed. I haven't seen it in probably fifteen years, but I can't imagine it has aged very well.

Both were ambitious experiments in independent animation of their time, and both are charmingly terrible. I can understand why Kevin Eastman would spend the entire 90s publicly worshiping Julie Strain. It's actually a really sweet, artsy, nerdy love story. On the other hand, with HM2K, for years, we were promised an epic animated continuation of Melting Pot, with that distinctively grungy gorgeous Simon Bisley look and Julie Strain's cartoon booty. What we got instead was a sparsely-animated, rust-colored mess, with CG animation shoehorned in that looked terrible even for the time. To say the least, I was disappointed. I haven't seen it in probably fifteen years, but I can't imagine it has aged very well.

Melting Pot is the one with Taarna isn't it? Been way too long since I've seen the original movie. Might have to pull it up online and stream it.

Julie Strain... Mmmm. I did a lot of worshipping her too.

Saw "A Star is Born" and "First Man" recently. Both good. But, wasn't overly impressed with "First Man". Felt like yet another rehash of previous movies...

Season 2 just came out this week, didn't it? How many episodes is it?
8 episodes. The art is really good, and I just found out that the comic book writer Warren Ellis is involved, which explains the high level of story telling. If you loved the Manga company feature films from the 80-90's, you'd love it. I binged it through.

• Helpful!
Reactions: zippypinhead
Solo: A Star Wars Story. Last night.

I actually ended up really liking it after thinking it was gonna suck (who could really be Harrison Ford as Han?). It was one of those movies that I had to reassure myself while watching, that it would all end well, because how could it not?

It was actually the most fun I've had watching a Star Wars movie since maybe being a kid and seeing Return of the Jedi (which, I think wasn't as great as Empire).

Great escapism.

Solo: A Star Wars Story. Last night.

I actually ended up really liking it after thinking it was gonna suck (who could really be Harrison Ford as Han?). It was one of those movies that I had to reassure myself while watching, that it would all end well, because how could it not?

It was actually the most fun I've had watching a Star Wars movie since maybe being a kid and seeing Return of the Jedi (which, I think wasn't as great as Empire).

Great escapism.

Yep, I liked Solo. Like you, haven't cared for any SW movies since Jedi. Just seemed like Lucas and Disney kept missing the mark.

Star Ware (Ep. IV)
Empire (Ep. V)
Jedi (Ep. VI)
Solo
The Last Jedi
All other SW movies

Reactions: n_i_c_u
Melting Pot is the one with Taarna isn't it? Been way too long since I've seen the original movie. Might have to pull it up online and stream it.

Julie Strain... Mmmm. I did a lot of worshipping her too.

Melting Pot is a comic by Kevin Eastman, Eric Talbot, and Simon Bisley. It's the source for a lot of the characters and stuff in HM2k.

Children of the Corn Runaway: I thought it was dumb.

Immediately after that I watched Truth of Dare: I liked it!

Both movies were due back at Redbox tonight, and I forgot to return them. Oops!

Saw "Bohemian Rhapsody". Very good movie.

Yeah, I had shared the trailer video onto my FB page, because I thought the movie looks good!

I've been looking forward to it for a while. But, at the same time, I was a little nervous as far as what they'd do. But, overall, well done.

Yes, playing the role of Freddie Mercury...those are pretty big shoes to fill. But I'm glad to hear that someone I (kind of) know has seen it and enjoyed it. I'll have to check it out when it's out on Redbox.

The next movie I plan to see in theaters is Creed 2 in two weeks.

Yes, playing the role of Freddie Mercury...those are pretty big shoes to fill. But I'm glad to hear that someone I (kind of) know has seen it and enjoyed it. I'll have to check it out when it's out on Redbox.

The next movie I plan to see in theaters is Creed 2 in two weeks.

The actor who played Freddie supposedly is a big fan of his, and I guess sang a lot of his songs before even auditioning for the role.

Creed 2 is another one I plan to see soon.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
The Equalizer 2, fell asleep towards the climax. Somehow it was a slightly refined Steven Seagal like movie.....

The ending did seem a little long and drawn out. But, overall, I liked the movie. Never did care for Seagal in general. Way too full of himself....

Last week - Bohemian Rhapsody. Really enjoyed it and felt it was pitched just right, as a celebration rather than a gritty bio-pic. I think the fact that I basically had Queen as a soundtrack to my childhood helped a lot.

Yesterday - Mirai. Japanese anime about a small boy who suddenly finds himself with a newborn baby sister, and ends up travelling through time to meet members of his family at different stages in their lives as he comes to terms with the change in his family life. It's wonderful IMO, enchanting, touching and funny. Loved it. I got to see it in Japanese as I went to the local tiny arthouse cinema, but also released with English dubbing and no subtitles for people that can't read (at least here in the UK).

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I finished the Purge TV show last night. Pure garbage! Definitely a show I should have stopped watching at like episode 3. But, since it was only 10 episodes I figured I'll just finish it. Mistakes were made, and some how this garbage was renewed for a second season.

I was hangin' with this guy on Saturday night, and we were looking for something to watch on Netflix. I saw A Quiet Place on the list, and told him that I loved that movie. So we watched that, and he agreed that it's a very good movie. :)

The Equalizer 2, fell asleep towards the climax. Somehow it was a slightly refined Steven Seagal like movie.....

Having not seen the movies I can guarantee Edward Woodward in the 1985 CBS series was better in every way. That was great TV for its time.

This is a couple years after CBS shut down their radio dramas, which were darker than any of their TV before or since. I can't help but wonder if those staffs got reassigned and made CBS relevant in drama for a little while. Actually "Mike Hammer" (1984) fits the CBS Radio Mystery Theater staff perfectly - and "Murder She Wrote" (1984) a small town in Maine where someone is murdered each week. Stephen King never killed so many at home. CBS TV was good for awhile. Now we get "Young Sheldon" and "Wheel of Fortune" reruns over here at Sandpiper Crossings.

The other night I watched Young Guns for the first time since it came out.
It was not as awesome as I thought it was when I was 11.