AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I've been enjoying 'The Knick' ...a period medical drama.

Set in New York, year 1900 (closer to the 1880's - 1890's historically); medically, season one focuses around solving the death of mother and baby from Placenta Previa.
This is quite a dark drama showing realistic medical procedures so not for the squeamish, and not for those who look for the lighter side or for much hope in a drama either. The characters are deliciously flawed and interesting so it is worth a look just for that alone.

I wanted to see it because it showed the development of the surgery I just had done, and it makes me feel grateful to live in this time.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
I've been enjoying 'The Knick' ...a period medical drama.

Set in New York, year 1900 (closer to the 1880's - 1890's historically); medically, season one focuses around solving the death of mother and baby from Placenta Previa.
This is quite a dark drama showing realistic medical procedures so not for the squeamish, and not for those who look for the lighter side or for much hope in a drama either. The characters are deliciously flawed and interesting so it is worth a look just for that alone.

I wanted to see it because it showed the development of the surgery I just had done, and it makes me feel grateful to live in this time.
Oh I watched the first season of that I thought I was the only one! It is so good, and yeah it's amazing the knowledge and technology we have now. I'm so grateful.
Is there a season 2?

I just saw the girl on the train and I 1000% recommend it I really liked it!

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Oh I watched the first season of that I thought I was the only one! It is so good, and yeah it's amazing the knowledge and technology we have now. I'm so grateful.
Is there a season 2?
There is a season 2, and there will be a 3rd (apparently 8 seasons are possible, Soderbergh is looking for another director for the 3rd, I guess to keep the look fresh) so it seems there are a few of us watching.

Reactions: Dani Picas
Literally just finished watch a marathon of Law and Order Special Victims Unit , Designated Survivor is buffering as I'm typing this , and then gonna binge watch season 2 of The Last Ship .. Loool

Reactions: Ariadne O!
I've been getting into old cheesey horror movies this month, so this week so far i've watched April fools day, my bloody valentine, halloween, leprechaun and humanoids of the deep :p

was just now watching 'The Family' ... 'Hey boys!, if this is your approach to women, you're not going to get very far. Girls are not some toys that you fuck in the park...okay. Your future depends on women. Don't you care about your future. So take care of them or else you're not going to have one.'

Sausage party....definitely not one to let a child accidentally see, they won't eat for a week. I loved the celebration near the end, it is the only way to party.

Last movie was 'Arrival' yesterday...it is still playing on my mind. I enjoyed the communication aspect of it, and the unpredictability... rare in a modern movie.
This is a movie you will either love or hate, I really enjoyed the Heptapods, this is exactly how I have lived most of my 43 years (except when I have drunk too much and can again be human for the next 100 hours).

Fortitude on Amazon. Show centered around people who live in the Artic circle. Its the safest town on earth until something strange happens. Except its all strange and leaves out a lot between each scene. Not sure if I'm gonna continue?
Before that I binged watched Betas and then got sad when I realized there wasn't a second season. I needed my Mr. Robot and Silicon Valley fix soooo

Reactions: Val Vega
Last movie was Moana, before that was Arrival, and currently watching Shark Tank because the roomie is watching it (last show of MY choice was some youtubers I like named Sw1tcher who do Let's Plays and they're hilarious).

Last movie was 'Arrival' yesterday...it is still playing on my mind. I enjoyed the communication aspect of it, and the unpredictability... rare in a modern movie.
This is a movie you will either love or hate, I really enjoyed the Heptapods, this is exactly how I have lived most of my 43 years (except when I have drunk too much and can again be human for the next 100 hours).
I love Arrival. I really appreciate, as someone who studied linguistics (but didn't get a degree in it) the far flung artistic licence they took with Linguistic Determinism, a kind of Sapir-Whorfism. The whole movie was a language nerd's wet dream.

Kill Command.
Low budget. Wasn't expecting much due to that. But it turned out to be rather good. Special effects of a much bigger budget movie, decent acting all around.
Good sci-fi flick.

I've spent my whole day and night watching Mad Men and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I am rewatching the former for the second time and falling in love with it again. This is my first time watching It's Always Sunny though, and I can't believe I waited so long to watch it. It is absurdly hilarious.

I love Arrival. I really appreciate, as someone who studied linguistics (but didn't get a degree in it) the far flung artistic licence they took with Linguistic Determinism, a kind of Sapir-Whorfism. The whole movie was a language nerd's wet dream.
I think it is definitely a movie for outsiders, for those with language barriers, for those who think differently from everyone else. Heptapods are the ultimate outsider, watching others reactions to them was what I enjoyed most. This is not a movie for those seeking answers, but for those interesting in building connections.

The Truth About Charlie. A remake of the great movie Charade.

Thandie Newton was good but the direction sucked and Marky Mark just can't come close to Cary Grant. :) The original was light hearted and fun, the remake was dark and depressing.

With 4 weeks to fill, I'm just getting into my Christmas groove, having watched "It's A Wonderful Life" and "Scrooge"(1951) last night.:) Presently reaching the end of "Humans", just 2 more episodes to view on that. I really like it.:nod: I'll be giving the DVR the task of recording "Timeless" for me when I go out to dinner tonight. I'm not greatly impressed by the CGI quality evident on the trailer that was aired here, but I'll give it a shot for a few episodes and see how it holds up.

Last movie I watched was a documentary on Netflix called The Life & Crimes of Doris Payne. It's about an 80 something year old woman who's been a jewel thief her whole life. She actually just got arrested this week for trying to take a necklace from a store. I really enjoyed it though. :)

After kind of a shitty night, I couldn't fall asleep and decided to start watching Westworld. So far it's pretty great! A cool concept.

I have a ritual like most people I love watching a show or two or three before I go to bed. But my usually weird cerebral stuff was causing me to have weird dreams so I had to back off for a little bit. A nice playful show is Mozart In The Jungle. I've avoided it for the longest but now it's gotten me listening to classical again.

Last Movie was Warcraft Last show is Criminal Minds (I'm binge watching from the beginning)

I like to spend my Christmas Eve watching the Nutcracker ballet. In the past, my PBS station has shown it, but no dice this year. Fortunately, there are many great world-class performances posted to Youtube.