AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Horror fans should give Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) a try. It is freaking scary (some cheap scares but not many), incredibly touching (family relations), while also infinitely sad (can’t say much cos spoilers). All at the same time. I’m so emotionally confused!

Finished season 3 of True Detective over the weekend.

Powerful and heartbreaking. Mahershala Ali is a mesmerizing actor. He did such a fantastic job conveying three different stages of his life, especially as an old man with dementia. Ended on a more upbeat note than I expected.

Binged season 4 of Bosch on Amazon Prime over the last two days.

I've read most of the books by Connelly and have never felt the series lives up to them. It's worth watching, but not something that I finish and then think, 'Damn, that was good.' This season, especially, felt like some Game of Thrones seasons - too much packed into too few episodes, so none of the pieces get the attention they deserve.

Guess I'll start Preacher next. I like urban fantasy stuff and have heard good things about this one.

Reactions: DFT
I'm pretty set on the Hieronymus Bosch of the novels. Titus isn't what I pictured, but he does a fair job. Not even sure I watched the second season yet, impression I got from the first was "yeah, that was the book, somehow they made it many episodes that didn't move the story". It's not a great adaptation - what I've seen. I've recently been reading the Longmire books - in reverse here having seen the show first. The book's always better - in that case I don't think it hurt so much. Craig writes scenery beautifully: his characters are rough sketches.

Haven't started True Detective S3 yet - wanted to wait till the end so the DVR wouldn't run dry at a crucial moment. Am I really the one only who loved S2? *crickets* But then I put "Rogue One" third in line for Star Wars movies. I'm a sucker for a forlorn hope story.

I'm pretty set on the Hieronymus Bosch of the novels. Titus isn't what I pictured, but he does a fair job. Not even sure I watched the second season yet, impression I got from the first was "yeah, that was the book, somehow they made it many episodes that didn't move the story". It's not a great adaptation - what I've seen. I've recently been reading the Longmire books - in reverse here having seen the show first. The book's always better - in that case I don't think it hurt so much. Craig writes scenery beautifully: his characters are rough sketches.

Haven't started True Detective S3 yet - wanted to wait till the end so the DVR wouldn't run dry at a crucial moment. Am I really the one only who loved S2? *crickets* But then I put "Rogue One" third in line for Star Wars movies. I'm a sucker for a forlorn hope story.
Yeah, Titus Welliver is not Harry Bosch. I was really surprised that Connelly signed off on that.

No, you aren't the only one - season 2 of True Detective was good. I think it mostly just suffered in comparison to the first season.

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT
I watched Pimp (2018 not the one that came out in 2010) last night, it was ok, not sure I would go out of my way to watch it again but I enjoyed it.

"An urban love story set on the hard streets of the Bronx. A struggling female Pimp, named Wednesday, grows up learning the game from her dad. Once he's gone she's left to look out for her prostitute mother and girlfriend Nikki." - the IMDB summery

Finished season 3 of True Detective over the weekend.

Powerful and heartbreaking. Mahershala Ali is a mesmerizing actor. He did such a fantastic job conveying three different stages of his life, especially as an old man with dementia. Ended on a more upbeat note than I expected.

Binged season 4 of Bosch on Amazon Prime over the last two days.

I've read most of the books by Connelly and have never felt the series lives up to them. It's worth watching, but not something that I finish and then think, 'Damn, that was good.' This season, especially, felt like some Game of Thrones seasons - too much packed into too few episodes, so none of the pieces get the attention they deserve.

Guess I'll start Preacher next. I like urban fantasy stuff and have heard good things about this one.
Maharshala Ali is amazing, but the real surprise was Stephen Dorph. He actually portrayed a full scale troubled human, without coming out of his skin.

My boyfriend and I just watched Green Book last night, and loved it! I'd definitely recommend it! He's interested in watching every movie that was a 2019 Best Picture Oscar nominee, and so far we've seen Bohemian Rhapsody, A Star Is Born, Roma (We didn't care much for Roma), we've both already seen Black Panther before we were together, and I'd already seen BlacKkKlansman by myself (He hasn't seen it yet).

Saw Captain Marvel yesterday it was fun. Wasn't overly impressed but I think there are definitely worse movies in the MCU. I didn't like the casting of Brie Larson for the role before seeing it and post seeing it she didn't change my opinion with her performance.

I saw Shazam yesterday! It was so delightful. Funny, fun, but also so many heartwarming moments. It narrowly edged out Aquaman (which I also loved) as my second favourite DC movie. I’d been anticipating it forever so I’m so happy it lived up to my hype.

Also watched Us this weekend, it was creepy as fuck and super enjoyable even though I don’t think I ~got it~.

Reactions: Anatomica Doll
I saw Shazam yesterday! It was so delightful. Funny, fun, but also so many heartwarming moments. It narrowly edged out Aquaman (which I also loved) as my second favourite DC movie. I’d been anticipating it forever so I’m so happy it lived up to my hype.

How was it? I don't remember much of the comic story. But, don't recall the comic being a teenager superhero version of "Big". Maybe I'm wrong? Is that why they have the transfer from old to new so it's kind of a reboot?

How was it? I don't remember much of the comic story. But, don't recall the comic being a teenager superhero version of "Big". Maybe I'm wrong? Is that why they have the transfer from old to new so it's kind of a reboot?
Yeah currently the comic Shazam is a lot like Big. So it’s a lot of childlike wish fulfillment which I found very cute. Teenage boys being teenage boys with superpowers, haha. But they still had some serious themes and it didn’t feel too lighthearted in the moments when it should be heavy.

Yeah currently the comic Shazam is a lot like Big. So it’s a lot of childlike wish fulfillment which I found very cute. Teenage boys being teenage boys with superpowers, haha. But they still had some serious themes and it didn’t feel too lighthearted in the moments when it should be heavy.

I had to look it up, I guess the comic has more or less always been about Billy Barton being Shazam. I don't remember it, though I do somewhat remember the cartoon from years ago. Difficult to believe this characater has been around since the 1940's.

Reactions: Gen
Watched "Stan and Ollie" - Laurel and Hardy at the end of their careers.

I'd never thought much of John C. Reilly as an actor. He gave a heartwarming, if not always in the scene, performance in a tribute to comedy legends who faded into obscurity. Steve Coogan was brilliant and tragic. Shirley Henderson and Nina Arianda as the the wives wanting to admit to having nothing in common were delightful. Their scenes were the best timed comedy, but they graciously gave back the spotlight rather than stealing it.

for tv series, i'm currently on episode six of dororo. as for movies, the last few that i watched were; 'a kabuki actor's revenge,' 'gohatto', and 'why don't you play in hell?'

Watched "Stan and Ollie" - Laurel and Hardy at the end of their careers.

I'd never thought much of John C. Reilly as an actor. He gave a heartwarming, if not always in the scene, performance in a tribute to comedy legends who faded into obscurity. Steve Coogan was brilliant and tragic. Shirley Henderson and Nina Arianda as the the wives wanting to admit to having nothing in common were delightful. Their scenes were the best timed comedy, but they graciously gave back the spotlight rather than stealing it.

I've heard really good things about it. Will have to catch it one of these days.

Captain Marvel. The soundtrack is full of 90's songs. It made me chuckle a bit because some of them have been posted in the 90's thread here on the forum. Guess someone has been lurking around here ... and, if so, should credit the forum.

Last edited:
Last movie watched at home (last Saturday): The Devil's Advocate with Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino.

Last movie watched in a theater (last Saturday): Us. It was good...not fantastic.

The last movie I went to see was Captain Marvel a couple of weeks ago and I LOVED it! Samuel L. Jackson is amazing as a younger Nick Fury.

Can't wait to see Avengers Endgame :D

The Devil's Advocate with Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino.

Awesome movie. But how could you forget to mention Charlize Theron? First time I saw the movie, I just couldn't help but to stare at her with my mouth open all the time.

Last edited:
Awesome movie. But how could you forget to mention Charlize Theron? First time I saw the movie, I just couldn't help but to stare at her with my mouth open all the time.

Forgot to add that she was very well know, at least here, way before her Hollywood debut. Mainly because of her fashion model job and mostly because she totally rocked a commercial. Looks like the 90's had the best commercials, too.

The last movie I went to see was Captain Marvel a couple of weeks ago and I LOVED it! Samuel L. Jackson is amazing as a younger Nick Fury.

Can't wait to see Avengers Endgame :D

Loved Captain Marvel, I'm planning to go see it again tonight or tomorrow. Seeing Shazam! on Thursday April 4th.

Notifications set to get tickets for Endgame, Detective Pikachu, and John Wick 3. :)

Great movie! I forget she was in that

Loved Captain Marvel, I'm planning to go see it again tonight or tomorrow. Seeing Shazam! on Thursday April 4th.

Notifications set to get tickets for Endgame, Detective Pikachu, and John Wick 3. :)
So many good movies upcoming!!! Next weekend is Pet Sematary too.

So many good movies upcoming!!! Next weekend is Pet Sematary too.

Yep! this year seems to have a lot of really good ones coming out. Of course, I'm also making much more of an effort to get to the theater. I'm kind of a mixed bag though on it. I almost always go alone, due to schedule and most of my friends having moved away. But, sometimes it'd be nice to go with someone so can discuss it before and after. Though, I will admit to being the asshole who can't stand it when people talk, text, or interrupts my movie time. :pompous::swear:

Not sure I want to see Pet Sematary. I saw the original when it came out and didn't care for it. I'll probably wait to get reviews before making a decision. Though, will probably still not see it as that genre has lost its appeal for me.

Great movie! I forget she was in that

Yeah, I think that's because she wasn't really famous in US at that time. It was her first big acting role in a movie, if I'm not mistaken.
So it's safe to say you wouldn't have recognized her, unless you already knew who she was.

Awesome movie. But how could you forget to mention Charlize Theron?

Because the thread title asks "What was the last movie/show you watched?" Not "What's the name of the hot actress in the last movie/show you watched?" Lol.