AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can you help me choose DSLR Camera?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
Poland
Chaturbate Username
nickiii666
Hi guys .In about one month probably I will have DLSR camera for broadcast. Im good in lenses and I exactly know what i look for about lenses (max 35mm f 1.8/ 1.4 because i need depth of field). But can you advice me about really good camera for broadcast? I was thinking about SONY A7 RII or R III or Nikon D750/850.

I need fast focus, good video and good connection with elgato camlink or something like that.

I'm unsure about every camera but usually all cameras ouput 1080p without overlays on Sony camera's which is fine. If you're unsure you could check Elgato's camera checkup to see what ouputs it supports. If you're a bit more techsavy or known to do your research you can find exact specifications about your camera in question and what it outputs.

https://www.elgato.com/nl/node/2270 to check your camera :) Looks like you have 4k30 HDMI support which is nice to have.
yessss i already checked that. Can you explain me what is this dummy battery? It says on elgato site:
Requires dummy battery for power (sold separately)
Retains full autofocus with clean HDMI output

Upvote 0
yessss i already checked that. Can you explain me what is this dummy battery? It says on elgato site:
Requires dummy battery for power (sold separately)
Retains full autofocus with clean HDMI output
Dummy battery means you'll have to buy a dummy battery which is attached to a charging cable. The dummy battery itself wont hold charge however it's made to connect within the camera. Some camera's also support USB charging however its kwown for discharging the battery when in use gradually. Keep in mind also that since it's a dummy battery, when its disconnected from your powerplug your camera will shut down (unlike with USB charging)

Upvote 0
Lenses I can have many , so its not the biggest problem. For sure I will have sigma art,because its my dream. But when i will already have camera, i cam have another lenses. Now we need investigate the thing about HDMI output
What is it about the Art lenses you really like? Will you be doing a lot of still photography as well as camming?
I don't think I can add anymore than I have to be honest and am sure other members will give more advice with regards to the video/streaming side of things.

Upvote 0
Dummy battery means you'll have to buy a dummy battery which is attached to a charging cable. The dummy battery itself wont hold charge however it's made to connect within the camera. Some camera's also support USB charging however its kwown for discharging the battery when in use gradually. Keep in mind also that since it's a dummy battery, when its disconnected from your powerplug your camera will shut down (unlike with USB charging)
Problem number 2104702083203812038839123: how to find specific dummy battery for my coming Sony a6400?:arghh:
Anyway in my old canon i needed two separate batteries and every 2 hours my stream was shut down and i needed change batteris:D If i understand good- dummy battery will give me constant charging yes?

Upvote 0
What is it about the Art lenses you really like? Will you be doing a lot of still photography as well as camming?
I don't think I can add anymore than I have to be honest and am sure other members will give more advice with regards to the video/streaming side of things.
No no its only for broadcast. I want be visible quite good, not only my face like its in 50 mm, but more and also i need nice blurred background behind me

Upvote 0
If i understand good- dummy battery will give me constant charging yes?
I'm not sure about this option. I think it provides power for longer periods, but how long I do not know.
I used to work for a portrait company and our cameras were 'tethered' to the mains. The problem was, the connections weakened with the movement of the cameras and eventually failed.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about this option. I think it provides power for longer periods, but how long I do not know.
I used to work for a portrait company and our cameras were 'tethered' to the mains. The problem was, the connections weakened with the movement of the cameras and eventually failed.
Then i will change the connections. I still think is better ioption than changing battery every 2 hours like i did with canon.I think none solution will be perfect when we talk about battery but this is not bad i think

Upvote 0
Okay my Final question: is it big difference in angle between 24mm and 35mm? And the same question about depth of field.I know how 50 mm looks and is really too close,but when i try to find any videos i actually dobt see big difference...... ehhhh
I made decision about sony a6400 +sigma art 1.4 but 24 or 35?

Upvote 0
Hmm but i checked now that 16 mm dont have big depth of field and this is what i need most- depth of field. Maybe 24 mm f 1.4 wil be better? It goes with sony a 6400?
24mm would give you more depth, but won't be as wide. If you really want a lot more depth then the only way is to either pay more money and get a full frame camera + lens, or to use a less wide focal lengh.
But I wonder if you stray too much from that sweet spot with a shallow depth of field, will you become distorted and blurry too? The camera would have to have good tracking to keep you looking good if you move around a lot, I would have thought. .
I have this camera + lens, the tracking is perfectly fine.
Depending on wether your go APSC or FF 16mm might be a bit way too wide though since that's already considered fisheye. Distortion will in fact be visible on the sides not to mention also vignetting. This will be visible mostly on FF cameras, APSC will crop so it might/might not depending on your lens distort as much. While i understand 50mm might be too close, 24mm-35mm would be an interesting and safe choice. Anything below that is waaay too much in my opinion. I have lenses of any focal length and tested them aswell for webcamming purpose. Lowest I'd go is 28mm, highest probably 50mm. Your focal lenght depends on your creative take on how your shot will be framed and how you want to play with your bokeh. The higher the focal lenght (mm) the more your elements in the shots (at frond, mid and end of room) will be 'squeezed' together thus resulting in a more pronounced bokeh effect. This is way it's generally easier to stay in focus at wide aperture (fstop).

Not sure how sigma lenses have been lately however make sure to check how it's handling autofocus. Even the most expensive and most native lenses can have a rattling noise when autofocussing especially when you intend to use F1.4. This because lenses in general were never really intended for autofocus in film modus. This is something that the people wanted when they wanted to use DSLRs and non dslrs for film purpose. There are ultra sonic lenses if i recall right but not sure how much better they sound. I'm mentioning this because your mic CAN pick this up. Depending on which mic you use it might/might not pick up that sound. Some mics can even pick up the sound of the Lush vibrating, some mics dont even pick up a moan properly (built in PC for example). You'll be super bummed after you've set it up only to notice that your sound is rattling due to your lens focussing all the time. Sound is as important as visuals when it comes to camming in my opinion
Vignetting is corrected automatically in camera, it won't be visible at all. If you use an apsc lens on a full frame camera sure, but no one does that. Also you are making all these suggestions on focal lenght without clarifying if you are talking full frame or apsc which will just add to her confusion. The lens also is quiet when autofocusing, and has clean hdmi

Upvote 0
24mm would give you more depth, but won't be as wide. If you really want a lot more depth then the only way is to either pay more money and get a full frame camera + lens, or to use a less wide focal lengh.

I have this camera + lens, the tracking is perfectly fine.

Vignetting is corrected automatically in camera, it won't be visible at all. If you use an apsc lens on a full frame camera sure, but no one does that. Also you are making all these suggestions on focal lenght without clarifying if you are talking full frame or apsc which will just add to her confusion. The lens also is quiet when autofocusing, and has clean hdmi
Hmm but for now full frame is too much expensive. Sooo I think i made decision.Sony A6400+ sigma art 24mm F 1. 4 . THANKS TO ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In future i can buy more lenses for more possibilities but lets start from thuis pack . Thank you guys!

Upvote 0
Hmm but for now full frame is too much expensive. Sooo I think i made decision.Sony A6400+ sigma art 24mm F 1. 4 . THANKS TO ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In future i can buy more lenses for more possibilities but lets start from thuis pack . Thank you guys!
Hmm, you should consider the Viltrox 23mm f/1.4. It will be significantly cheaper since it's an APSC lens. Also if I may ask, why did you choose the a6400 over the a6100?

Upvote 0
Hmm, you should consider the Viltrox 23mm f/1.4. It will be significantly cheaper since it's an APSC lens. Also if I may ask, why did you choose the a6400 over the a6100?

Because it was on list which u recomend and u said that is has nice color grading :) Tell me , will be a difference between Vitrox and SigmaArt in depth of field?

Upvote 0
Because it was on list which u recomend and u said that is has nice color grading :) Tell me , will be a difference between Vitrox and SigmaArt in depth of field?

And also it has more points in rankings I checked

Upvote 0
The main difference is Viltrox is just a little wider, about 2°. In practice they will both look identical and have similar depth of field. Also while the a6400 has better options for colour grading it requires quite a lot of effort/learning to do for live streams as well as for video editing. It's only useful if you actually want to put in hours of time learning this stuff. I would only pick it over the a6100 if you've actually looked into colour grading to determine if it's something you want to spend time on.

Upvote 0
The main difference is Viltrox is just a little wider, about 2°. In practice they will both look identical and have similar depth of field. Also while the a6400 has better options for colour grading it requires quite a lot of effort/learning to do for live streams as well as for video editing. It's only useful if you actually want to put in hours of time learning this stuff. I would only pick it over the a6100 if you've actually looked into colour grading to determine if it's something you want to spend time on.
also I read sony a6400 has more pixels and 2x higher maximum light sensitivity.Genreally better in rankings is a6400

Upvote 0
Just a thought, but is it possible to hire cameras and lenses for a few days in your country, to try out different combinations?

Upvote 0
also I read sony a6400 has more pixels and 2x higher maximum light sensitivity.Genreally better in rankings is a6400
The sensors on the cameras are the exact same, same megapixels. The ISO or light sensitivity goes higher on the a6400, 102k vs 51k, but it isn't recommended to go above 5-6000 on these cameras because the image starts to look bad at the point. There are 0 situations where you would benefit having up to 102k iso, and you will probably be under 1k 99% of the time.

Side note, megapixels don't matter after a certain point. Both cameras have 24 megapixel sensors, which is twice as much as the Sony a7Siii, a camera that is 4x more expensive and a much better video camera. In many ways, less megapixels are actually better, but that's a whole different topic.

Reactions: bbbbadddd
Upvote 0
The sensors on the cameras are the exact same, same megapixels. The ISO or light sensitivity goes higher on the a6400, 102k vs 51k, but it isn't recommended to go above 5-6000 on these cameras because the image starts to look bad at the point. There are 0 situations where you would benefit having up to 102k iso, and you will probably be under 1k 99% of the time.

Side note, megapixels don't matter after a certain point. Both cameras have 24 megapixel sensors, which is twice as much as the Sony a7Siii, a camera that is 4x more expensive and a much better video camera. In many ways, less megapixels are actually better, but that's a whole different topic.
Hmm u recomended me sony a6400 and a6100 . Now u not? Hihi Im not expert, I need fast autofocus,nice look and depth of field. And sony a6400 wil give me that i think

Upvote 0
Hmm u recomended me sony a6400 and a6100 . Now u not? Hihi Im not expert, I need fast autofocus,nice look and depth of field. And sony a6400 wil give me that i think
Ok I'll make it less confusing lol. Get the a6000 as it will do everything you are looking for and has good autofocus. The depth of field will mostly be determined by your lens. It's only downside is the screen doesn't flip fully. For camming it's not an issue, but if you want to film videos it means you won't be able to see your screen at the same time. It also doesn't have 4k if you want that. The next option is the a6100, it will also do everything you want, has a flip screen, and also does 4k. I would advise against the a6400 because the extra features it has are more advanced and I'm not sure would be of any benefit to you at the current moment.

Upvote 0
Ok I'll make it less confusing lol. Get the a6000 as it will do everything you are looking for and has good autofocus. The depth of field will mostly be determined by your lens. It's only downside is the screen doesn't flip fully. For camming it's not an issue, but if you want to film videos it means you won't be able to see your screen at the same time. It also doesn't have 4k if you want that. The next option is the a6100, it will also do everything you want, has a flip screen, and also does 4k. I would advise against the a6400 because the extra features it has are more advanced and I'm not sure would be of any benefit to you at the current moment.
But i dont need to use extra features,but I can learn:)

Upvote 0
What you might need to do first is list up all the things that are essential to you and what it's for. Also question yourself if you need it for more than webcamming and wether or not you'll want to get your stuff just to start out or actually want to be set for a few years. It's hard for us to suggest you anything when all above questions matter.

There are numerous options, prices and all that. A good lens will do wonders first of all. Focal length is a personal taste. 24mm will be fine for wide angle and bokeh but bokeh will be less pronounced than 35mm and even less with 50mm or higher.

What camera you are going to buy depends on your actual use and possibly after use other than camming.

Megapixels arent that important. Sony A7sII has 12mp and still does very good for photos on websites and social media. If you dont intend to print billboards MP dont matter as much anymore.

You've been giving multiple options depending on several intends of use. It's up to you to decide what the FULL purpose of your camera will be and what fits your budget. I think it's becoming confusing for both you and us as it seems like you're not sure what you want exactly as you seem to add stuff like 'dont need to use extra features,but I can learn' 😊 This way it will be never ending haha

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
What you might need to do first is list up all the things that are essential to you and what it's for. Also question yourself if you need it for more than webcamming and wether or not you'll want to get your stuff just to start out or actually want to be set for a few years. It's hard for us to suggest you anything when all above questions matter.

There are numerous options, prices and all that. A good lens will do wonders first of all. Focal length is a personal taste. 24mm will be fine for wide angle and bokeh but bokeh will be less pronounced than 35mm and even less with 50mm or higher.

What camera you are going to buy depends on your actual use and possibly after use other than camming.

Megapixels arent that important. Sony A7sII has 12mp and still does very good for photos on websites and social media. If you dont intend to print billboards MP dont matter as much anymore.

You've been giving multiple options depending on several intends of use. It's up to you to decide what the FULL purpose of your camera will be and what fits your budget. I think it's becoming confusing for both you and us as it seems like you're not sure what you want exactly as you seem to add stuff like 'dont need to use extra features,but I can learn' 😊 This way it will be never ending haha
But I think its too late :D The camera is coming:D But Im sure that I will be happy from Sony a6400 and lens 24 mm f 1.4. I need exactly what u wrote: wide angle, depth of field and good focus:) You guys are cool :h: And all of you really helped me! I didnt expect so detailed information.

Reactions: Notjustmetoo
Upvote 0
But I think its too late :D The camera will be a present (for my birthday but i was asked to choose which i want) and i think is too late to change my chose :D But Im sure that I will be happy from Sony a6400 and lens 24 mm f 1.4. I need exactly what u wrote: wide angle, depth of field and good focus:) You guys are cool :h: And all of you really helped me! I didnt expect so detailed information.
Glad you made your decision. It's always difficult to choose your new professional cam no matter how much info is available or how much youtube videos you watched to be sure 😄

Upvote 0

And im sure sony will give me what i need and about lenses i can have more in future: 50 mm and 35 and 25:) Lets start from this. I will give you the feedback of using it

Upvote 0
Glad you made your decision. It's always difficult to choose your new professional cam no matter how much info is available or how much youtube videos you watched to be sure 😄
Walrus Yes GIF

Reactions: Notjustmetoo
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.