AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can you help me choose DSLR Camera?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
Poland
Chaturbate Username
nickiii666
Hi guys .In about one month probably I will have DLSR camera for broadcast. Im good in lenses and I exactly know what i look for about lenses (max 35mm f 1.8/ 1.4 because i need depth of field). But can you advice me about really good camera for broadcast? I was thinking about SONY A7 RII or R III or Nikon D750/850.

I need fast focus, good video and good connection with elgato camlink or something like that.

Ok I'll make it less confusing lol. Get the a6000 as it will do everything you are looking for and has good autofocus. The depth of field will mostly be determined by your lens. It's only downside is the screen doesn't flip fully. For camming it's not an issue, but if you want to film videos it means you won't be able to see your screen at the same time. It also doesn't have 4k if you want that. The next option is the a6100, it will also do everything you want, has a flip screen, and also does 4k. I would advise against the a6400 because the extra features it has are more advanced and I'm not sure would be of any benefit to you at the current moment.
Hehe Hi its me again :D Im thinking about buy another lens also. Soooo can you explain me hmm when my tripod with camera is about 0,5 meter from where i sit, starting from my head ,how big part of me will be visible with 24 mm and 35 mm to compare wide angle>

Upvote 0
Ok I'll make it less confusing lol. Get the a6000 as it will do everything you are looking for and has good autofocus. The depth of field will mostly be determined by your lens. It's only downside is the screen doesn't flip fully. For camming it's not an issue, but if you want to film videos it means you won't be able to see your screen at the same time. It also doesn't have 4k if you want that. The next option is the a6100, it will also do everything you want, has a flip screen, and also does 4k. I would advise against the a6400 because the extra features it has are more advanced and I'm not sure would be of any benefit to you at the current moment.
I was trying to wacth some videos but comparing videos looks really similar.....

Upvote 0
aaaaaaaaaand if 24 mm has less depth of field than 35 mm -if i will sit close to camera will be big depht of field? Lights behind me or so on? But the most importan is what part of my body willl be visible.If only head than no. If head+ chest is ok

Upvote 0
🤔 nigerian prince probably has more experience than me with cameras but i think a6000 which is APC-C only .5 meters from you will only be your head on a 35mm lens, i don't even think your chest (by chest i assume you mean right under boobs) will show at 24mm from that distance. You need more distance between you and the camera, .5 meters is very close.

have you watched this one?

Upvote 0
Hehe Hi its me again :D Im thinking about buy another lens also. Soooo can you explain me hmm when my tripod with camera is about 0,5 meter from where i sit, starting from my head ,how big part of me will be visible with 24 mm and 35 mm to compare wide angle>
At 35mm only your head will be visible. To get most of your body in frame you would need to be around 3 meters from the camera. Id guess you'd need to be around 2 meters away for 24mm.

Reactions: cbhours
Upvote 0
🤔 nigerian prince probably has more experience than me with cameras but i think a6000 which is APC-C only .5 meters from you will only be your head on a 35mm lens, i don't even think your chest (by chest i assume you mean right under boobs) will show at 24mm from that distance. You need more distance between you and the camera, .5 meters is very close.

have you watched this one?

In that video I didnt see 24 mm. Well I had lens 50 mm and when i was 2 meters from camera i was visible while siting on chair quite good.

Upvote 0
At 35mm only your head will be visible. To get most of your body in frame you would need to be around 3 meters from the camera. Id guess you'd need to be around 2 meters away for 24mm.
Ok so last question. Depth of field.... when im 2 meters away depth will be less,but if i will come closer to camera and less me will be visible - i will have good depth of field?

Upvote 0
Ok so last question. Depth of field.... when im 2 meters away depth will be less,but if i will come closer to camera and less me will be visible - i will have good depth of field?
Anyway its 1.4 so depth of field should be. You said good at the start,35 not. You recomended me 16 and 24mm and I will stay with it.

Upvote 0
In this example the camera is moved so that the model fills up the frame. At 135mm the camera is very far from the model, while it is close at 24mm, but you can see there is still more depth. Basically even though you have to stand further back, you will still get more background blur.
1617372887166.png

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
In this example the camera is moved so that the model fills up the frame. At 135mm the camera is very far from the model, while it is close at 24mm, but you can see there is still more depth. Basically even though you have to stand further back, you will still get more background blur.
View attachment 87736

and one more thing. My friend checked one girl ,she had great depth of field and she told him that she has sony a6400 BUT she has lens 18-35 mm f 1.8. I thought that when we have chaning lenses like from 18-35 is not possible depth of field. Only in one amounts like 35 , 24 etc

Upvote 0
and one more thing. My friend checked one girl ,she had great depth of field and she told him that she has sony a6400 BUT she has lens 18-35 mm f 1.8. I thought that when we have chaning lenses like from 18-35 is not possible depth of field. Only in one amounts like 35 , 24 etc
I believe that is a sigma lens that has been adapted to Sony. It not impossible to do this, it's just that there are very fees lenses like that and usually they are expensive.

Upvote 0
@Nigerian Prince
I haven't really tried making vidoes with my set up, so excuse me if this is a bit basic a question.
If BlackWizard is sitting at 2 m from the camera, set a 1.4f as a start, can the camera be set to close the aperture if she gets closer and needs more dof and open up when she moves away again?

Upvote 0
View attachment 87736

Sigma A 18-35/1.8 DC HSM Sony​

Can you check this onefor me please?

Upvote 0

From the dof tool I linked earlier

DoF near limit 1.82 m
DoF far limit 2.21 m
Depth of field 0.39 m
Depth of field in front 0.18 m (45.15%)
Depth of field behind 0.21 m (54.85%)

Upvote 0

Can you check this onefor me please?
The one issue with this lens is you might have autofocus problems. Because it is not made for the a6400 you would have to buy an adapter for it, and that usually cause it to drop in
@Nigerian Prince
I haven't really tried making vidoes with my set up, so excuse me if this is a bit basic a question.
If BlackWizard is sitting at 2 m from the camera, set a 1.4f as a start, can the camera be set to close the aperture if she gets closer and needs more dof and open up when she moves away again?

Yes, you can always increase the apature to get more depth of field

Upvote 0
I believe that is a sigma lens that has been adapted to Sony. It not impossible to do this, it's just that there are very fees lenses like that and usually they are expensive.
So im curious if in

no matter if I choose 18 mm or 35mm i have still depth of field? I mean stull blurred background? Is normal sigma ,no sigma art- so another questions:
1) if will be really big difference between 24mm or 18? With 18-35 i can go to 18
2) but if for example if sigma art is better with picture is not better to stay just with 24mm sigma art 1.4?
But the most im interesting if in all those amount from 18- 35mm exist blurred background, First time today i heard about lens with varifocal but with blurred backroud option

Upvote 0
But can it do it automatically, sense that the subject is closer to the camera?
totally yes . I will send you video- its in polish language but i will tell you: in 3:44 minute this guy says that he is now on 18mm and then he is changing to 35mm ,u will see it. Nothing changed,the same light ,still blureed. Omg i never heard about it

Upvote 0
He has changed the focal length from 18mm to 35mm, but that is not what I am asking about.
At 3.33 minutes, he holds his finger up, just a few centimetres in front of his face and his hand is out of focus. This demonstrates how little wiggle room you have.

What I am asking is, can the camera increase the depth of field as you physically get closer? So, as I showed in the previous post, at 2m from the camera, you have a 0.39m space that is in focus. Anything closer than 1.82m will be out of focus, so if you lean forward towards the camera, will it close the aperture and give a greater depth, or will it refocus on your face that has moved forward and therefore reduce the DOF even further?

Upvote 0
He has changed the focal length from 18mm to 35mm, but that is not what I am asking about.
At 3.33 minutes, he holds his finger up, just a few centimetres in front of his face and his hand is out of focus. This demonstrates how little wiggle room you have.

What I am asking is, can the camera increase the depth of field as you physically get closer? So, as I showed in the previous post, at 2m from the camera, you have a 0.39m space that is in focus. Anything closer than 1.82m will be out of focus, so if you lean forward towards the camera, will it close the aperture and give a greater depth, or will it refocus on your face that has moved forward and therefore reduce the DOF even further?
I have no idea ,.but what read about this lens is like few lenses in one: 24,35 etc but in one lens

Upvote 0

The depth of field always remains the same, what changes is the focal plane which determines what is in focus. The only way for a camera to increase the depth of field would be to lower the aperture but I don't believe there is any camera that does this. You can have the camera adjust aperture based on light when in Shutter Priority, but that's the extent of it.

Reactions: curious68
Upvote 0
So, if you are doing a video, the shutter and aperture priorities still work the same as in still photography? Thanks, I will be making more use of my video functions after this lockdown ends and need to get more familiar with my functions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.