AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
It's unbelievably disappointing on so many levels and thanks for responding, I've been brooding about it since I saw the news drop.

The constant back and forth of "sex work is real work" and "sex workers are pariahs" is paralyzing at times.

I get it, I really do. The hypocrisy and cynicism is becoming a lot to put up with.

@zippypinhead @inertvolcano @Vixxen81

I read a comment somewhere that suggests Melissa may have contacted TMZ for an initial article about them being together, and it's possible he took that badly and began the whole "I didn't want the relationship to be so public". It still could be that even if that's the case, he didn't want it as public because she's in sex work, but it might add a little extra reasoning to them having conflict leading to breakup.

(I can understand a mainstream person thinking an onlyfans/cam model putting out an article about the relationship to TMZ is a marketing ploy)

I read a comment somewhere that suggests Melissa may have contacted TMZ for an initial article about them being together, and it's possible he took that badly and began the whole "I didn't want the relationship to be so public". It still could be that even if that's the case, he didn't want it as public because she's in sex work, but it might add a little extra reasoning to them having conflict leading to breakup.

(I can understand a mainstream person thinking an onlyfans/cam model putting out an article about the relationship to TMZ is a marketing ploy)

I follow the fauxmoi subreddit and saw the thread on this earlier today.

From what I was reading, it seems like he wanted to keep the relationship private (and apparently is just a pretty private person/had other relationships that were pretty private), and she was more than likely the one who went to TMZ since there was some personal details that only she, or someone close to them, would know. Along with selfies she had taken of the two of them. And apparently after they broke up she shared the TMZ article on her Twitter (I never went look to see, I'm not that invested).

I dunno, if someone wanted to keep their personal life private, and then their short term partner went to a huge gossip site and leaked details about their relationship, I think it's totally understandable to break up. I also think that it's reasonable to think that she may have been dating him simply to get a bit of a popularity boost, considering it seems like she was the source for the article AND that she shared it after they broke up, and him not being okay with that.

I dunno, if someone wanted to keep their personal life private, and then their short term partner went to a huge gossip site and leaked details about their relationship, I think it's totally understandable to break up. I also think that it's reasonable to think that she may have been dating him simply to get a bit of a popularity boost
Absolutely, that's the point I think I failed to completely make in my post haha. Thank you for the detailed insight!

I read a comment somewhere that suggests Melissa may have contacted TMZ for an initial article about them being together, and it's possible he took that badly and began the whole "I didn't want the relationship to be so public".
I learn the hard way once again not to open my mouth about things I know little about or am not personally involved in.

How do you know when a new webcam site sucks at making an offer for models or members? The same way B2B marketers suck, and I will show you why, step by step.
Ready?
I received the following CRM pop up from another forum yesterday:
"Hey there, it's ___, Senior Model Support Officer at _____

Ready to discover the game-changer in the camming world?

That's right! Say goodbye to those meager earnings and hello to a platform that truly values your talent and dedication.
Here's What Set Us Apart:

Highest Earnings:
Enjoy the highest rates in the industry of ____ per token for direct traffic, and ____ per token
for affiliate traffic.

High Quality Streaming:
Our state-of-the-art streaming technology ensures flawless, HD streams that captivate your audience

Interactive fun with _________
Engage your viewers like never before with our integration of ____ toys, leading to bigger tips and electrifying experience for everyone involved.

Dedicated Model Support:
From technical assistance to guidance on maximizing your earnings, our dedicated support is here to help you every step of the way"

Okay, so years in marketing taught to spot fluff, these guys might actually be good, but they fucking focus on features, not benefits. They also use farfetched promises like an "electrifying experience to everyone involved" (not really recommended, especially with liquids and lubricants all around).

Now imagine yourself trying to tap into pain points of models. For a moment stop being company-centric.
Take a deep breath, here we go. Here are the completely non-special benefits I would shout out:

1. Seamless sign up and verification process. We can process in multiple languages and around the clock.
2. High quality traffic and low-churn members. We are not piggy backing on models to bring in their brand and followers, we also put in the effort.
3. Dedicated support teams and channels with efficient data insights.
4. Clear and easy to understand revenue structure
5. Body positivity, diversity and inclusive culture on the platform.
6. Global and flexible payout options.
7. Continuous DMCA and content piracy protection.

Now, I'm not a model, nor an industry expert, but years of dealing with fluff on paid campaigns taught me a thing or two.
Which version would make the most sense to you?

Feel free to roast me y'all:)
It's like the first thing I was taught when I did sales, you dont sell the product you sell the solution.
Acknowledge you understand the issue and then explain how your product or service addresses that issue. IMO companies that cant put the information that clearly and hide behind marketing fluff is because they are trying to sell a product / service that has 0 real value.

Reactions: Dan Epstein

I follow the fauxmoi subreddit and saw the thread on this earlier today.

From what I was reading, it seems like he wanted to keep the relationship private (and apparently is just a pretty private person/had other relationships that were pretty private), and she was more than likely the one who went to TMZ since there was some personal details that only she, or someone close to them, would know. Along with selfies she had taken of the two of them. And apparently after they broke up she shared the TMZ article on her Twitter (I never went look to see, I'm not that invested).

I dunno, if someone wanted to keep their personal life private, and then their short term partner went to a huge gossip site and leaked details about their relationship, I think it's totally understandable to break up. I also think that it's reasonable to think that she may have been dating him simply to get a bit of a popularity boost, considering it seems like she was the source for the article AND that she shared it after they broke up, and him not being okay with that.

Absolutely, that's the point I think I failed to completely make in my post haha. Thank you for the detailed insight!

I learn the hard way once again not to open my mouth about things I know little about or am not personally involved in.

I saw the same thread, and I do have to say, the problem with fauxmoi is it's fauxmoi. I don't trust a thing any of the goobers in that peanut gallery have to say about anything.

I'm certainly not so invested in the goings-on of the people involved that I could say either way. She could be acting in bad faith on this -- of course she could be. Of course, he could be, too, and he's the one in the position to have lawyers and PR people behind him. So, until it comes out that she actually is a horrible person, I'll just take it as another reason keep hating Warner Brothers Discovery.

Ah well then, that's pretty bad. I would not be surprised, I guess. In the vanilla world every "news" story about a cam model (excepting the murder-y ones) is seen an as ad for the model/site.

Thanks for the insight! I retract my brooding. 😂

• Funny!
Reactions: AmberCutie
It's like the first thing I was taught when I did sales, you dont sell the product you sell the solution.
Acknowledge you understand the issue and then explain how your product or service addresses that issue. IMO companies that cant put the information that clearly and hide behind marketing fluff is because they are trying to sell a product / service that has 0 real value.
They have the classic “startup to fuckup”mindset. It means a willing to invest shitloads of money on developers, but very few cents on actual research and a Go-To-Market strategy. They can then blame it all on the affiliate, the PR or the so called models recruiter:)

Speaking of celebrities (and on a lighter note) here's a fun breakdown of Zendaya's look for the Dune II opening.

I am a little disappointed they're drawing a bunch of forced comparisons to C-3PO, and don't even mention the clear influence of Hajime Sorayama. I mean, c'mon, it's right there!

Apparently, she's also done a pictorial homage to Barbarella to coincide with Dune part 1, and the photos are great.

Between this and Miley Cyrus at the Grammys, I for one am totally stoked for us to finally enter the big-hair-full-chrome phase of the future that was promised to us in the 70s/80s/90s.

Speaking of celebrities (and on a lighter note) here's a fun breakdown of Zendaya's look for the Dune II opening.

I am a little disappointed they're drawing a bunch of forced comparisons to C-3PO, and don't even mention the clear influence of Hajime Sorayama. I mean, c'mon, it's right there!

I had no idea who you were talking about but after looking at that link I immediately thought of the robot from Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masch...in_a_screen_shot_from_the_Metropolis_film.jpg

Reactions: zippypinhead
Widevine DRM sucks. It's made Onlyfans practically unusable for me at this point.

I get it, content protection is a huge concern for independent creators, especially individuals working in adult spaces, and I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BLAME MODELS FOR OPTING INTO A PROTECTION MEASURE, if they feel it's necessary.

However, all DRM is actively hostile to paying and rule-abiding users, by its very function. It is built that way. It is an intrusive tech that makes the user experience worse. It's security theater, plain and simple; it does not stop piracy, because it is always reactive, and never proactive. The existence of Widevine is a nightmare, and it is impossible to overstate how worrying it is that Google and all the other eldritch horrors that comprise big tech are angling so aggressively to turn the web and all digital media into a DRM-riddled hellscape.

As far as OF goes, it's been a barely-functioning trash fire for me for almost a year, now. I thought I found a workaround, but it stopped working. I guess it's time to just stop using it, and go back to buying content from models à la carte. Pretty shitty. I like supporting models, but I refuse to pay into a system that treats me like shit.

Widevine DRM sucks. It's made Onlyfans practically unusable for me at this point.

I get it, content protection is a huge concern for independent creators, especially individuals working in adult spaces, and I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BLAME MODELS FOR OPTING INTO A PROTECTION MEASURE, if they feel it's necessary.

However, all DRM is actively hostile to paying and rule-abiding users, by its very function. It is built that way. It is an intrusive tech that makes the user experience worse. It's security theater, plain and simple; it does not stop piracy, because it is always reactive, and never proactive. The existence of Widevine is a nightmare, and it is impossible to overstate how worrying it is that Google and all the other eldritch horrors that comprise big tech are angling so aggressively to turn the web and all digital media into a DRM-riddled hellscape.

As far as OF goes, it's been a barely-functioning trash fire for me for almost a year, now. I thought I found a workaround, but it stopped working. I guess it's time to just stop using it, and go back to buying content from models à la carte. Pretty shitty. I like supporting models, but I refuse to pay into a system that treats me like shit.
whats the problems the drm is giving you?
IMO bad drm (ones that make the consumer experience worse) do more to promote piracy than prevent it

Reactions: zippypinhead
whats the problems the drm is giving you?
IMO bad drm (ones that make the consumer experience worse) do more to promote piracy than prevent it.

Widevine media doesn't play for me on Firefox. It 100% doesn't play with a VPN enabled, and it's a crap shoot even without. It's been no secret that Chrome is trying to ice out its competitors in the browser space forever, and Mozilla seems to be an especially irritating thorn in Alphabet's side, what with its largely-not-evil open source approach to internet access. Specifically, Firefox allows users to opt out or otherwise disable Widevine DRM, and I think just that alone is enough to fuck with media loading through Firefox.

At least, that's been my experience. But, like I said, I haven't been treated very well as a paying user of the OF platform, regardless. Having my account disabled without notice, receiving no DMs for going on a year now, and now the media I pay to have access to is media I can't access, thanks to its recent DRM measures. Time to move on.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KingMarti
So you just copied and pasted the text from another person's message? Exactly? 100%?

Maybe it's just me , but that seems a really weird thing to do.
Sometimes I get the feeling that there are people out there with templates at the ready, they send CB ban victims here and tell them exactly what to post or tell them to find other posts to copy and paste. It's nauseating that CB support is expected to be so unresponsive that coming to ACF is just an assumed part of the routine to get help with bans or other issues.

This forum has become overrun with CB (and now SC stuff but at least their reps are very active and informative vs. just being a reply bot, but I digress...) support stuff and it's getting to a point where I don't know if I'm willing to keep it running as such. I'm personally getting tired of it.

Sometimes I get the feeling that there are people out there with templates at the ready, they send CB ban victims here and tell them exactly what to post or tell them to find other posts to copy and paste. It's nauseating that CB support is expected to be so unresponsive that coming to ACF is just an assumed part of the routine to get help with bans or other issues.

This forum has become overrun with CB (and now SC stuff but at least their reps are very active and informative vs. just being a reply bot, but I digress...) support stuff and it's getting to a point where I don't know if I'm willing to keep it running as such. I'm personally getting tired of it.
Yes, you are being "punished" for your success as it were. We can only *try* to imagine what you have to wade through and put up with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Maxi and AmberCutie
I don't really buy into coincidences, but last night I happened to look at my followed broadcaster list on CB - something I very rarely do.
I noticed one model who I used to frequent, and the stats said she had not been online for >7 months.
I was on the point of removing her room from the follow list, but I had a sudden memory of some very fun shows in her company, and I just decided that I would wait a little longer to unfollow.
I opened the site this morning to look at who was online, and guess who had started broadcasting barely 15 minutes earlier?
Such a nice start to the day 🥳

Following a school minibus today, noticed a hand-drawn sign in back saying:
"Geology rocks, but Geography is where it's at"
Took me back to memories of a high school field trip with an incredibly enthusiastic bearded teacher, who just inspired us all to stop worrying about appearing to be a nerd, and enjoy both subjects.

Reactions: LydiaFrost
It's funny how so many of us learn new languages "questionable" words first.

I was thinking about it and I can say; "shit" "fuck off" "where's the weed at?" "where's the dick at?" "shut up" "good night" "please" "thank you" and "hello" is like 6 different langauages. But only in 3 can I say , much past that 😆

If anyone is going to be in the line of sight for the eclipse, try to remember to wear a shade of red or green for ultimate eclipse-goodness.
The path of the eclipse is supposed to pass directly over my city but the weather says it is to be cloudy and raining...