AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtsyAmelia

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 15, 2015
Midwest
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@AmeliaArtsy
MFC Username
ArtsyAmelia
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/434985/ArtsyAmelia/
I've been using http://www.camgirltoolkit.com/ profile builder which got me thinking about About Me section writings. I know a lot of people do not look at profile pages, but I feel like it's still important to write a little something about yourself for the people that do look. I just never know what to write... I think I try too hard to be funny. How do you write about yourself?

Profiles, tags and all that are probably way more important that they get given credit for. When looking for a new room to join or model to go private with I always read the profile.

I'm looking for what what things she's interested in generally, what turns her on sexually, what she's prepared to do in public, what she's prepared to do in private, when she's prepared to do privates, how kinky she might be, what sort of toys she has, if she does skype or not.

This is especially true if I'm looking for a private or skype as it can be a bit of a gamble as to what you're going to get. After all the last thing you want to hear when in private looking for a cumshow is, I don't do penetration on cam or I'm a non-nude model.

I definitely read profiles. Those models that have taken the time to make a profile are telling me that they're serious about camming and I'll most certainly visit her room. I personally like to read what the model does and doesn't do; what she likes and doesn't like, etc. Granted, there is a difference between a well designed profile and one that is so cluttered you can't navigate it...in that situation I'd suggest that less is more.

But yeah, members really do read profiles.

Amelia, you profile looks so good now.

This bit is awkward, "My minimum requirement of a PVT is 10min or 600tk! Please, if you leave our session early tip me the rest, or I will sadly have to ban you and we will not PVT again."
Have you considered instead charging an upfront fee? Charging anything from 300 to 550 tokens upfront, both ensures the person is serious about a private plus is has the effect of encouraging long privates.

@Puffin nope! But that's because if they pay that much up front for a private then they have to pay up front and then spend even more money on that private...plus I do up charges if they want to see something I don't do in public chats. I feel like if I'm going to be away from my chat room it should be for at least 10min otherwise it's not even worth me taking a private.

Oh man, I tend to be super introverted and awkward, so when I have to type up an "about me" it feels like writing a school paper. I mean. I get them done and I'm happy with the end result, but I feel....i don't know...silly?...while I'm typing it up.
My approach in real life is not saying much at all and leaving some mystery, but that doesn't often translate well in camming.

I've been struggling with this as well. I spent some time looking at the profiles of models I like, as well as ones that I thought were umm... sub par... Once you have an idea of what you like, and what you don't like, think about the image you're trying to portray. You can always edit it and update it later as you get an idea of who you are on cam.
Content aside, I find badly written and formatted profiles very off-putting. Poor spelling and grammar make sentences hard to understand. Font type, size and colour are important on sites that allow you to alter code and change the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.