AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate mentor scam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
Streamate Username
Angelicangelicawhite
Hey! I cam exclusively on streamate, but when I was starting out and trying a few different sites I encountered something weird in Chaturbate that I can’t find mentioned anywhere else.
I got a number of accounts claiming to be girls who were either former CB models, or concerned mothers saying they wanted to mentor me for free. The first account that approached me about this seemed really sweet and I genuinely thought it was a girl who just wanted to do a nice thing for someone finding their feet, she had pics of her up etc and spoke as though she was genuine over message... but shortly thereafter, a few more accounts proposed the a similar thing, and when I didn’t reply to this “girl” she started getting a bit shitty and pushy with me for ignoring her. It started to feel like a complete scam but I’ve been confused about what this person would be gaining for themselves with it, an elaborate grooming plot perhaps? I could go into more detail but I just wondered if anyone else had a similar experience or could shed some light 😊

Hey! I cam exclusively on streamate, but when I was starting out and trying a few different sites I encountered something weird in Chaturbate that I can’t find mentioned anywhere else.
I got a number of accounts claiming to be girls who were either former CB models, or concerned mothers saying they wanted to mentor me for free. The first account that approached me about this seemed really sweet and I genuinely thought it was a girl who just wanted to do a nice thing for someone finding their feet, she had pics of her up etc and spoke as though she was genuine over message... but shortly thereafter, a few more accounts proposed the a similar thing, and when I didn’t reply to this “girl” she started getting a bit shitty and pushy with me for ignoring her. It started to feel like a complete scam but I’ve been confused about what this person would be gaining for themselves with it, an elaborate grooming plot perhaps? I could go into more detail but I just wondered if anyone else had a similar experience or could shed some light 😊
totally a scam
gain ? well having absolote power in controling someone its a fetish and a way that a few pshycos get they cock off and fap

Reactions: NotYou and AudriTwo
I got a number of accounts claiming to be girls who were either former CB models, or concerned mothers saying they wanted to mentor me for free
I didn't saw so many having a so well done approach, with a bio and so on. They normally don't bother so much and just propose to "help you to make many money"
Probably one single guy is behind the "number of accounts" you saw in your room.

anytime you are new on a site, the vultures like to come out. they see new meat and they want to take advantage of any naivety and control you. there is a very disliked member of this board who says he likes to find lower-earning/EE models and takes "pleasure from creating something that is nice to look at and use" by helping or mentoring.

ignore/kick/ban anyone trying to offer you advice or mentorship. they are all predatory fucks.

I have seen similar guys do this with models live on cam, and one of them was with a model friend I know and still talk to now (despite her not camming for over 2 years).

I mentioned it before on here and it honestly really angered me (at him, not her - she punished herself enough by being angry at herself for falling for such a scam). He was a grey guy who somehow convinced her (she is not dumb, she is very smart, she is now a nurse) to make him a mod and then he would mentor her, telling her exactly what to do, when, what positions, etc. In reality, all it was, was some dickhead of a guy getting a free show for his own pleasure. I was her only mod prior to this point, but our schedules were a bit weird and she was only able to get on in the very early hours of the morning (about 2am for me). She mentioned him slightly on our conversations in whatsapp - just saying she had a new mod, but didn't give much detail. She mentioned he was "helping her" and that's about all. But when I was able to get on when she was on, I was able to talk with her, and she was able to explain everything he was doing (she even sent me copy > paste messages of his private messages to her). It was pretty much stuff like "Now show doggy to camera for 5 mins, then do this and this and that", etc.

Literally nothing of help, just his own "free private show in public".

Seems that most of the time models would rather lose tippers than these parasites, which leads me to the conclusion that they get something out of it

It's not at all that she would rather lose tippers she was just a genuinely nice and kind person, naive to think anyone would/could do stuff like this. This [ex]model, in particular, I truly don't think she has a nasty bone in her body (I guess that's why it makes sense that she is a nurse).

I think this is the reason most models get scammed (or almost) by this kind of thing, unfortunately. But, I don't think it's the model's fault for being naive, I think it's these arseholes fault who know exactly what they are doing and taking advantage of them - looking for their next victim to prey upon. They obviously prey on the models with few users in their room and then start to make it sound like they can help them get more viewers and blah blah, so a lot of models are in that desperate kind of situation where they are willing to listen to other guy's opinions because the model thinks to themselves: "this guy (grey, or any colour, doesn't matter) watch other rooms a lot, they must know something and know how to solve the problem with why other models have 10000 viewers and I only have 5 viewers".

It's part of the nature of the game i guess. New models always fall for it even just slightly. I fell for it in the excitement of being new and overwhelmed with the CB 'fake tip emoji'. Is it the models fault, maybe just a little but then again you live and learn, no?

As far as the mentoring, i remember in the beginning when we hadnt configured jack shit as far as bots and rules that we had people acting like big mouths suggesting what to do. Even now some tippers try it.

Always remember, it's your show, your body, YOU WHO DECIDES. Dont do what you're not comfy with even if you smell money nearby. That's something you learn along the road. To find a balance to not selling yourself short and not being entitled as a performer when it comes to tokens. Something i feel like not a lot of people have found it yet. Myself included at times 😊 it's an evolving thing

Status
Not open for further replies.