AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

DSLR Camera

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeccaBrooks

Cam Model
Apr 11, 2018
Twitter Username
@_BeccaBrooks
Tumblr Username
becccabrooks
Chaturbate Username
becccabrooks
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/418990/BeccaBrooks/
I'm looking into getting a better camera to film videos/take stills.
First I apologize if this is already a thread I tried searching and couldn't come across anything besides threads on using DSLR camera to stream.
I currently have a super old DSLR that I'm using to film my videos (have another webcam I use when it comes to streaming) but I really think my quality could be so much better when it comes to my videos/photo sets!
What do y'all use when it comes to a camera for shooting content? A certain lens that you think makes a difference? Any advice would be so appreciated!

i had a canon rebel t7i camera sitting in my wishlist, which another model had highly recommended to me as she loves using it for her clips and photosets. this particular series is quite pricey (you're looking at $800+), though. and to my surprise a mystery gifter spoiled me in my case as i was going to slowly save up for it myself, but it is popular! i've been doing a lot of research on it. (still am, technically. before i get more involved with higher quality content, i wish to be comfortable with all the specs and settings first, then dive into the groove).

Currently I use a Canon T3i with a couple of different lenses depending on the effect I want.
But I'm getting the Canon T7i pretty soon - I've watched a ton of reviews on it and I think it'll suit all of my needs. I hear the T6i is great as well.
If you want to save some cash, you could always get the body only, first. Then figure out which lens will work best for you and purchase it separately. As for which lens to use, I'd recommend checking out some youtube videos to see which one would work best for you! Everyone has different wants/needs when it comes to that. I think what usually comes with cameras is a 18-55mm lens which isn't bad either though.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Bellatrix Bandit
I dont recommend cannon cameras. i have a t2i and they are not designed for video. There is a 12 min limitation on video where the camera just stops recording. we have lost some epic cum shot in that time. sony makes some great cameras that function well for streaming
The limits are different on pretty much all Canon cameras. The t2i is not a current camera (8 years old) and still has lower limits.

My Canon can only do 29 minutes per file but it just starts a new file without missing anything and I edit them together seamlessly.

Canon users can get around that recording limit with the freeware from Magic Lantern... which also provides some great features such as focus peaking and exposure zebras/false color. That’s all assuming you’re comfortable with potentially voiding your warranty. But if you’re still shooting on a t3i or t2i... you ain’t got no warranty anymore anyhow . I used to film on Canon. T3i and then a 7D mk ii. Both cameras worked well for me... but I definitely preferred the 7D mkii as it was capable of true 24p vs. the 23.978 of lower level Canons. But just about any variation of Canon will likely work well for you as well. Especially if you’re willing to put in some work and learn a bit about the capabilities and shortcomings of these cameras. That said, I abandoned Canon DSLRs for video a few years back. I find the canon sensor a little too soft for my tastes. I’m on the Sony bandwagon these days (at least for video, I still shoot Canon for stills). I will admit that I miss Canon’s color science... Sony shifts toward green and yellow more than I care for. Just means I need to be on top of my white balance in camera and do a little extra work in post.
If you’re looking for something with top notch auto-focus, definitely look into the 70D/80D from Canon... both have solid auto-focus! But you’ll probably want to look into the STM line of lenses from Canon. They focus much more smoothly and -more importantly- quietly than any of the other offerings from Canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.