AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Let it go

• Yes

Votes: 54 100.0%
  • No report it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2018
I’ve pretty much have made up my mind but was just curious on your thoughts. A couple months ago my 1yr “relationship” ended with a cammodel. I spent pretty much everyday with her and thought we had a wonderful “mutual relationship” till shit got crazy. Basically I got the “sob story” of how her life was so horrible and she was going thru all these issues and needed money for every issue. So being in love and her telling me she loved me as well I sent her money, gifts offline. Obvi a mistake because everything she said to me seemed to be a lie. Rent money cause she had to find a new place and had to leave in 3 days (she is still in the same place today months later) and arguments when I couldn’t send her money was the last straw. It became a real “shit show” when she stopped camming for weeks on end and I was sending her money and she would disappear for weeks on end with no contact and have a different excuse each time. Now during the time of our “break up” her main concern was are you gonna go online and tell everyone about things we said in confidence and I said of course not I would never do that. And I never would. After some time apart And clarity things have seemed to settle down. But I just came across an article http://crooksonchaturbate.blogspot.com/2013/12/chaturbates-non-response-to-my.html?m=1 and it’s the same exact thing word for word I went thru. So now the question in my head is if I should report her (basically destroying her whole career) or being the bigger person and just letting it go. Personally I’m not the vindictive type so I’m just gonna let it go. Do I want to put her thru the heartbreak I went thru? And does that solve anything besides causing more drama for the both of us? Does it protect other users that she may be scamming if I report her? Will it open up her eyes to the way she treats people that genuinely care for her?? Your thoughts please.

She took your money and didn't love you? Is that your report?
Bahaha thanks for blasting me btw. Breaking my heart is one thing. But seeing the time and money you’ve invested into relationship with someone who obviously was feeding me bullshit the whole time is a whole other story. I guess I really couldn’t tell you if she loved me or not because she told me she did, until I didn’t want to send her money for rent anymore because she was making no effort to make her own money. So no my “report” isn’t she didn’t love me back. It’s she scammed me out thousands of dollars offline under false pretenses which is clearly against the “cam sites” policy. Thanks for being understanding and having an open heart btw. Lol

No, it will just open her eyes to look for someone else to take your place. Someone just as "nice" and naive :)
No doubt she has multiple “nice” dudes already. She’s on the start random fights with users to make them feel bad, then they tip her so she forgives them over a fight she made up. It’s a pretty good G move. Hahahah she got me. Lol

The blog that you linked to was all about how chaturbate doesn't care sooooo why exactly do you think they will ban her for you?

Especially since I guarantee they receive false complaints about scammers constantly. All those butthurt dudes that can't bully models into breaking limits etc report people constantly. Unless she talked to you directly on CB about sending money other ways you probably don't have a leg to stand on.

But seriously sending all that money to a woman you haven't even met? That should have obviously been a scam to you. Let it be a lesson learned. Cam sites are for entertainment not love.
Actually the cam model in the article I posted is banned from chaturbate for the reason in the article. Also I had a relationship with his model for over a year not just on cam but Phone and Skype. I didn’t know so many people on here don’t think it’s possible to have a relationship with a cam model that has nothing to do with money. I’m the only person in the world that believed maybe she was telling the truth and not just feeding me bullshit? Like I said In my post I appreciate everyone’s opinion I’m not gonna report her because I blame myself for being “a dumbass” and believing shit people say nowadays. From now on I’ll just be the “dickhead” that tips for sex and has no type of other interactions with models cause seems like thats the vibe I’m getting from everyone’s responses. Lol.

• Funny!
Reactions: CharlieCharma
A slightly skewed perspective but did you ever think, maybe just maybe, you got your money's worth. A whole year of online relationship fantasy. OK it didn't go the way you imagined it but hey you got a good few highs, lows and in-betweens and drama to boot. Likely not a deal or outcome you'd care to repeat but as a one off maybe it beat the fluffy alternative . . . and you've learned something.
Word!! yes I have thought that. And I’ve also thought all the things I said to her and the person I am would mean nothing if I got her banned. If I’m telling her I’m truly in love with her and I wouldn’t tell her “secrets” (true or not) and then turn around and do the opposite I’m kinda the shit head. Lol. So it’s a weird situation. But yea it was a good time while the good time lasted I guess. Lol.

The blog that you linked to was all about how chaturbate doesn't care sooooo why exactly do you think they will ban her for you?

Especially since I guarantee they receive false complaints about scammers constantly. All those butthurt dudes that can't bully models into breaking limits etc report people constantly. Unless she talked to you directly on CB about sending money other ways you probably don't have a leg to stand on.

But seriously sending all that money to a woman you haven't even met? That should have obviously been a scam to you. Let it be a lesson learned. Cam sites are for entertainment not love.

A slightly skewed perspective but did you ever think, maybe just maybe, you got your money's worth. A whole year of online relationship fantasy. OK it didn't go the way you imagined it but hey you got a good few highs, lows and in-betweens and drama to boot. Likely not a deal or outcome you'd care to repeat but as a one off maybe it beat the fluffy alternative . . . and you've learned something.

This may help they are also giving back to those involved in Romance scams

Western Union Scam Victims Can Now Claim Refunds
by Gabriel Wood January 12, 2018

If you’ve ever been the target of a scam, you may have noticed that the scammer was asking for payment using a money transfer service, like Western Union. Scammers like using Western Union, and until recently, the company seemed happy to profit from the transfers sent to them by unwitting victims. However, thanks to the Federal Trade Commission, Western Union is now offering refunds to anyone scammed using its service between January 1, 2004 and January 19, 2017. If you lost money to a Western Union scam, we’ll let you know what you need to do to claim your refund and how you can avoid being scammed in the future. Don’t wait, because you only have until February 12, 2018 to get that claim in!

Why is there a refund?
According to an FTC investigation, between 2004 and 2015, Western Union ignored hundreds of thousands of complaints about transfers it conducted related to various scam operations, as well as internal reports that its own employees were engaging in fraud. On January 19, 2017, Western Union admitted to aiding and abetting wire fraud, and as part of a settlement with the government it has agreed to refund $586 million to affected customers. Additionally, Western Union will have to implement strong consumer fraud protections for the future, including offering refunds in cases where the company doesn’t follow anti-fraud procedures.

How to get your refund
To get money from Western Union’s refund, you’ll need to file a claim for each time that you lost money in a Western Union scam, which you can do on the FTC’s claim website. You’ll see that there are two options, one for people with pre-filed claims, and one for people without them. Some people received a pre-filed claim form from a company called Gilardi & Co., which the Department of Justice is using to handle claims. If you got one, it’s likely because you filed a fraud complaint with Western Union or a government agency in the past. With this form, all you have to do is enter the Claim ID and PIN printed on it, and you’re done.

If you didn’t receive a pre-filed claim form, or the loss amount on the pre-filed claim form you received is not accurate, you’ll have to file your own claim. Fill out the form, and attach any documentation you have to prove your loss. If you don’t have any documentation, that’s okay, just describe what happened in as much detail as possible. Note that the claim form does ask for your social security number or individual taxpayer identification number, and if you don’t have either of these, you’ll need to explain your circumstances.

Once you’ve submitted a claim, the Department of Justice will try to verify it by comparing your claim to Western Union’s records. If they successfully verify your claim, you should get some money from the settlement. Like with many massive refunds, it may take a while for the money to reach you, possibly up to a year.

I bet if i posted that item in MFC in Lounge 10000 half the room count would drop within minutes :D

• Funny!
Reactions: SoTxBob
I think it would be hard to get money for a romance scam when the other side is a camgirl. That's to protect people who are mislead from the jump. Sad old men who are wiring money to Nigeria thinking they're saving a made up woman who needs them...If you knowingly find someone a camsite, taking your money is not part of an elaborate scheme that starts with your heart to get to your wallet. Money is the theme before you even lay eyes on the girl. I'm not saying camgirls are never conmen, but the con is on her sleeve if you want to see it. She can't mislead you away from believing she's here for your money if she's on a site specifically created to collect your money for her time. She can mislead you about her feelings, but that can happen to anyone. The money part was never negotiable. OP himself put the word relationship as "relationship". It's unfair to ask Western Union to take the hit.

"Hi, I paid a camgirl in western union because I was in love with her and it turns out she never loved me back. Can I have my money back? Look at all the lies she made me believe. "

Online dating or romance scams – you sent money to someone who created a fake profile on a dating or social networking website.

Pretty damn sure the DoJ wouldn't constitute a camsite as a "fake profile on a dating site or social networking site."

Yeah that's stupid af western union isn't gonna give people their money back when they thought the other person was in love but wasn't. Pretty clearly states the reasoning they will give refunds.

Ps CB isn't gonna ban her for that. Its not against site rules to pretend you love someone.

As for the “refund” thanks for the information but the money is gone. I sent it PayPal. Which could prob tie her PayPal name to a “sexual service” and maybe I could get a refund that way, but I’m just gonna take it as a loss. And yes there is grounds for banning a model that receives money thru PayPal offline thru false pretenses. But that’s not the course of action I’m taking. Obviously it’s a lesson learned and won’t happen again. Tbh I’m suprised that only one cam model that responded didn’t say the same things as the rest. Cam models that mislead customers thru “false feelings” and take people for the kindness as a weakness actually ruins business for the next model. Yes i understand that the “user” should know “maybe this is just all about money” and obviously that crosses your mind and causes problems when the cam model is saying “no this isn’t about money I’m truly in love” “we have a connection no one else can break” blah blah blah. There’s a point were a model has the decision, should I keep things professional and on a strictly “pay for service” basis (which most models do) or should i play on emotions and get money under false pretenses. I really do appreciate all your responses btw, even though the blame seems to be mostly put on me. I’m not “salty” and I’m not posting real names or anything like that I just was wondering others thoughts on the situation from a “cam user/models” prospective.

Thanks for all your replies but seems like everyone is just saying the same thing (im the dumbass). Fist off I didn’t go onto the cam site to find love. To me it felt like everything happened organically. She told me her real name (which most cam models don’t) gave me her phone number, address and we talked pretty much every day. When it came to money things got shady. It didn’t happen right away it happened after she started telling me she was gonna quit camming changer her life and move over here.

Love the comments, all the cam models seem to have no problem with these practices and it the users fault. All the users want there money back and it’s the cam models fault. We’re both to blame. Her for her part and me for my part in falling for it. Where is the middle ground? That’s why I posted this, is there even a middle ground?

Thanks for all your replies but seems like everyone is just saying the same thing (im the dumbass). Fist off I didn’t go onto the cam site to find love. To me it felt like everything happened organically. She told me her real name (which most cam models don’t) gave me her phone number, address and we talked pretty much every day. When it came to money things got shady. It didn’t happen right away it happened after she started telling me she was gonna quit camming changer her life and move over here.

Uh, I mean, I guess try reporting but anyone going to visit a cam site should change their mindset from "this is where i find true love!" to "these people are working and are not interested in eloping with me after i send them a couple of grand or so over western union" and anyone acting like they're just waiting for that extra thousand to come meet you is lying.

Is 'I fell for a cam girl, and now I'm salty that she doesn't love me back" the theme on here this week or something?

Cleanpussyeater...wow, that's quite the screen name. Lol.

from another report

"People who transferred money between Jan. 1, 2004, and Jan. 19, 2017, because they fell victim to frauds involving lottery and prizes, family emergencies, advance-fee loans, online dating and other scams must file their claims at FTC.gov/WU before Feb. 12."

They may class camgirls in the online dating scams category?

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I’ve pretty much have made up my mind but was just curious on your thoughts. A couple months ago my 1yr “relationship” ended with a cammodel. I spent pretty much everyday with her and thought we had a wonderful “mutual relationship” till shit got crazy. Basically I got the “sob story” of how her life was so horrible and she was going thru all these issues and needed money for every issue. So being in love and her telling me she loved me as well I sent her money, gifts offline. Obvi a mistake because everything she said to me seemed to be a lie. Rent money cause she had to find a new place and had to leave in 3 days (she is still in the same place today months later) and arguments when I couldn’t send her money was the last straw. It became a real “shit show” when she stopped camming for weeks on end and I was sending her money and she would disappear for weeks on end with no contact and have a different excuse each time. Now during the time of our “break up” her main concern was are you gonna go online and tell everyone about things we said in confidence and I said of course not I would never do that. And I never would. After some time apart And clarity things have seemed to settle down. But I just came across an article http://crooksonchaturbate.blogspot.com/2013/12/chaturbates-non-response-to-my.html?m=1 and it’s the same exact thing word for word I went thru. So now the question in my head is if I should report her (basically destroying her whole career) or being the bigger person and just letting it go. Personally I’m not the vindictive type so I’m just gonna let it go. Do I want to put her thru the heartbreak I went thru? And does that solve anything besides causing more drama for the both of us? Does it protect other users that she may be scamming if I report her? Will it open up her eyes to the way she treats people that genuinely care for her?? Your thoughts please.
Let it go but learn from your experience.
Other than being online instead of real life, you described most divorces.

Yes let it go but..
If you really spent a lot of money on her via W.U its surely worth trying for a w.u refund. I doubt they are going to look deeply into the hundreds of thousands of refund claims they will be receiving. Of course they may lookup other transactions that have been sent to her and see she has dozens of sends from strangers in various countries. Leading to W.U blacklisting her to prevent future romance frauds?

from another report

"People who transferred money between Jan. 1, 2004, and Jan. 19, 2017, because they fell victim to frauds involving lottery and prizes, family emergencies, advance-fee loans, online dating and other scams must file their claims at FTC.gov/WU before Feb. 12."

They may class camgirls in the online dating scams category?
I highly doubt they would consider a cam girl a dating scam. Cause it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.