AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Income after taxes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sienna_Sol

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 1, 2016
wouldn't you like to know :)
Twitter Username
@Sienna_Sol
Hey!

So I have a quick question. I know that it's been discussed many times that the average amount most cam girls make on a regular basis is somewhere between 10-15 dollars an hour (and you can make more if you work harder). However, my question is, is this number before or after taxes? Because if I'm putting aside 30% of my income to taxes, that can drop that $10/hr below minimum wage.

Thank you!

I would say most established cam girls make significantly more, especially factoring in passive income. The actual average per MFC is $20/hr with outliers way above and way below that.

The trick is having enough eggs in your basket that a slow day on one income stream doesn't wreck you. You absolutely need to put aside 30% unless you like hyperventilating in April, but if you are still getting started on cam and aren't pulling in a lot of income I would recommend diversifying with clips, or even stuff like pet sitting if you don't want to get a vanilla job. Rover is a great service for this, for example.

The thing about camming is the earning potential is limitless. It takes time to get established and it can be feast or famine at times but there are very few jobs I can think of that pay this well with this much flexibility.

Before taxes. Just assume that it is before taxes, as we are 1099 independent contractors unless you incorporate, which is a whole different ballgame.

Reactions: Ivy Adams
I find this interesting. I think I earned the average on Streamate but cammed only part time around my full time job (since Dec 2014). I changed site in January and it's difficult to say what my average is but I am thinking of quitting my full time job to make my cam job full time (not something I am taking lightly) so today I worked out my hourly was around . . . . £18 once I deducted their 30% (they don't show you a balance with their fee deducted). So around 22USD.

Sundays are usually busy though and even though I wasn't at my best I can do fairly well. I cam nude but no toys.

Testing whether or not I can cut it full time and earn the same wage plus taxes, national insurance, their 30% and a pension pot of some kind is tricky. I already file my own tax returns so won't need accountancy.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sienna_Sol
Hey!

So I have a quick question. I know that it's been discussed many times that the average amount most cam girls make on a regular basis is somewhere between 10-15 dollars an hour (and you can make more if you work harder). However, my question is, is this number before or after taxes? Because if I'm putting aside 30% of my income to taxes, that can drop that $10/hr below minimum wage.

Thank you!
I'm on MFC, I cammed once in a while when I felt like it just to get in the groove of things, this is how it went. And I calculate this per pay period, in order of the first pay period. So imagine with I put in the effort? Eventually I will go full time depending on other projects.

$12/hr
$13/hr
$9/hr
$13/hr
$15/hr
$16.6/hr

Yes it's before taxes and keep your receipts for all your toys, lube, laptop damages, lights, lingerie etc. to claim on your taxes anyway.

So obviously I got a little lazy in the middle, so that dictates how much you make too. And then it picked up with me working more because the more you're own, the more you'll get regulars, and that's the goal. I'm getting close to that $20/hr because I have a schedule and I'm sticking to it, learning what to do, how to generate more traffic, you get the big picture.

And later when you get more into it, make videos and photo sets to sell, make a cute profile with a menu for offline tips, do monthly or occasional raffles etc. If camming is your only gig and you have the time, split time with other sites to make even more money. There's money to be had I'm sure. Just gotta put in the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.