AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Miss MFC 2017

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yes! Got ya. I couldn't tell what you were referring to.

Since Kick "retired" (?? we'll see) I think she got a huge outpouring of tokens toward the end of her month so I imagine the gap was pretty big.

I imagine so as well

I think Kick kind of changed her verbiage on "retiring" from - I'm done to- I may be done- I may be back etc

I doubt she will be totally done tho- unless she invested well and is done done at this point- idk

Anyone checking MFC right now? MissNoir_xx is #4, but even after receiving a 100k tokens tip she still can't beat Kickaz who isn't even online. I didn't know there were such huge advantages between the top 5 spots.

As AmberCutie has pointed out, mathematically, it is entirely possible to tip 100k tokens and not see a model move up in rank. You don't know what the separation is between ranks. I also witnessed Kickaz's last Saturday cam session and she got a crazy number of tokens.

I can certainly appreciate the emotional whiplash a member experiences after dropping $8000 on a model and not seeing her move up a rank. That moment of sheer joy for the model at receiving such a huge tip is somehow irrationally diminished by this ingenious Miss MFC contest. We all know tipping itself isn't much of a rational decision and I imagine the high achieved from getting your favorite model a certain rank is much like the high achieved from winning at gambling. Gambling addicts irrationally gamble more to try to win back their losses. Likewise, I imagine a model who "only" managed to achieve #3 or #4 will come back the next month and whip her fans into a frenzy so she can go higher this time.

As AmberCutie has pointed out, mathematically, it is entirely possible to tip 100k tokens and not see a model move up in rank. You don't know what the separation is between ranks. I also witnessed Kickaz's last Saturday cam session and she got a crazy number of tokens.

I can certainly appreciate the emotional whiplash a member experiences after dropping $8000 on a model and not seeing her move up a rank. That moment of sheer joy for the model at receiving such a huge tip is somehow irrationally diminished by this ingenious Miss MFC contest. We all know tipping itself isn't much of a rational decision and I imagine the high achieved from getting your favorite model a certain rank is much like the high achieved from winning at gambling. Gambling addicts irrationally gamble more to try to win back their losses. Likewise, I imagine a model who "only" managed to achieve #3 or #4 will come back the next month and whip her fans into a frenzy so she can go higher this time.

I've definitely been caught up in the rank thing in a models room and I know better..haha

I couldn't give a toss about the Top few, they making a mint anyway.

I was getting more of a kick last night trying to help my favourite UK model crack the Top 100 and an unknown Eastern European girl hit the top 1000 for the first time.

Unfortunately, I think the UK girl just missed out, not sure on the other girl as I can't find the May rankings beyond the Top 100.

I saw a relatively new eastern european studio girl ranked at around 300 last month. Never seen anything like that before and she does not even do anything else but hour long private shows with assumedly mostly one member. Incredible. I also strongly have the feeling that she does not even know what an achievement that is. For her it very likely seems normal.

Kickaz spent most of the time online even though she said this would be a part time month- I JUST glanced at her hours they deff don't look like a part time models hours... like I said on page 2. I called this way early in the month of May.

I wonder since she didn't get #1 if she will pull another stunt ; and I wonder what the issue will be this month?

Reactions: weirdbr
Kickaz spent most of the time online even though she said this would be a part time month- I JUST glanced at her hours they deff don't look like a part time models hours... like I said on page 2. I called this way early in the month of May.

I wonder since she didn't get #1 if she will pull another stunt ; and I wonder what the issue will be this month?
The explaination here on Kickaz's blog seems helpful.

Best of luck to Kickaz, she definitely has had a fun time saying bye; even if a bit drama filled. Am sure she'll be back the moment her health is better.
Pretty good finish on part time hours too.

I was delighted that Tricia Fox finished at number 2. She is such a warm, lovely woman, I've enjoyed her room many a time.
One really cool thing about her is that she tends to guide her shows but not over-control them; she'll let a good time continue, and appreciate those members just for taking her on the journey.

Wow... Just read this whole thread. Kind of like a train wreck about to happen, and couldn't turn to not see it.... Felt like I was back in high school oh so many years ago...

I'll throw my two bits out there on a couple of things:

1) Don't care about a model's rank, nor do I tip to get her rank. I tip solely because I enjoy doing so for various reasons such as something she said, did, her personality, etc. Sometimes I'll tip a certain amount for a reaction from her, etc.

2) I can honestly say that I doubt I will ever reach the max limit for token purchases of one day. But, what difference does it make what the max storage amount is? It's not like it's FDIC insured or anything. If I don't spend all the tokens I purchased, why shouldn't I be able to "bank" them in storage with no limits on the amount I can put in there? If anything, MFC would make money on people buying tokens but not spending them for a while.

Wow... Just read this whole thread. Kind of like a train wreck about to happen, and couldn't turn to not see it.... Felt like I was back in high school oh so many years ago...

I'll throw my two bits out there on a couple of things:

1) Don't care about a model's rank, nor do I tip to get her rank. I tip solely because I enjoy doing so for various reasons such as something she said, did, her personality, etc. Sometimes I'll tip a certain amount for a reaction from her, etc.

2) I can honestly say that I doubt I will ever reach the max limit for token purchases of one day. But, what difference does it make what the max storage amount is? It's not like it's FDIC insured or anything. If I don't spend all the tokens I purchased, why shouldn't I be able to "bank" them in storage with no limits on the amount I can put in there? If anything, MFC would make money on people buying tokens but not spending them for a while.

I'm thinking about this and wondering if there is a potential tax repercussion or there is some monetary value/fdic type difficulty...
I don't see how but this isn't an area I'm overly familiar with

I'm thinking about this and wondering if there is a potential tax repercussion or there is some monetary value/fdic type difficulty...
I don't see how but this isn't an area I'm overly familiar with

I don't see how it can be since they don't limit the number of accounts on the site, nor number registered to a single email address/CC/etc. MFC isn't a bank, so can't be FDIC insured.

I have no idea but they lock down my member account literally after every small transaction I make- it drives me nuts
I have to email and have it unlocked each time and I'm pretty irritated with it

small rant aside- I have to wonder though when you're talking wire transfers and signing of legal documents (and any bank/wire transactions over 10k is reported to homeland security) for overly large dollar amounts if you don't start getting into different territory than a simple credit card transaction which has its own protections -

nother small rant- my signature card probably affords me better protection than my bank account.

I have no idea but they lock down my member account literally after every small transaction I make- it drives me nuts
I have to email and have it unlocked each time and I'm pretty irritated with it

I've had my CC locked due to international transactions before. Is it anything like that?

small rant aside- I have to wonder though when you're talking wire transfers and signing of legal documents (and any bank/wire transactions over 10k is reported to homeland security) for overly large dollar amounts if you don't start getting into different territory than a simple credit card transaction which has its own protections -

I'm sure it is, and I doubt DoHS cares about such transactions if it's infrequent for a single person.

nother small rant- my signature card probably affords me better protection than my bank account.

Usually does.

I've had my CC locked due to international transactions before. Is it anything like that?

I'm sure it is, and I doubt DoHS cares about such transactions if it's infrequent for a single person.

Usually does.

no- its really stupid- I rotate cards a lot and this seems to be a problem for them- I've had to verify name and address multiple times-its really gotten on my nerves.who doesn't rotate cards for points or just to wiggle balances around?
the last time I was trying to put in an old card number and I couldn't comprehend why it wasn't going through (dude-its an old card dope- just because its the same logo doesn't mean its the right card) it finally dawns on me I get the correct card-shred the old one- transaction goes through- I'm super into tipping in this one room and then remember I meant to offline tip another girls who's show I perved on when I didn't have tokens- go to buy more tokens and I'm locked out- I've been locked out for a week-i haven't emailed them to fix it. I may just make another account.

even if DHS doesn't necessarily care or even the NSA only barely glances on it- I would imagine such transactions do start to get into different legal territory- hence documentation.
I could be way off base -the only experience I have with larger sums of money is pretty pedestrian with its own mountains of laws and not for all intents and purposes from a retailer perspective.

Updated the original post for May! So exited to see friends of ACF @jessie125 and @kathryne finish top 20!

I've said it before but Miss MFC is a stroke of business genius. Makes models work many times harder than they otherwise would and members spend many times more than they otherwise would all for an ultimately meaningless prize all the while Leo is laughing all the way to the bank.

I get it for the models since they're earning the money but all this drama from members just blows my mind how they can take this so seriously to get so worked up over who gets tipped what.

Now I'm thinking maybe MFC could do even more Miss MFC by introducing divisions to keep the jedi/anons away from the salesmen/engineers. Mary and Loca could go in the Formula 1/Premiership division and everyone else can be in the Nascar/Championship division. There could be divisions for newbies, fetish, etc. The rollout slogan: More winning - more fun!! :)
This sounds like an interesting idea. If the divisions were say 1000 models each, being 10th out of 1000 in Division 11 would to me sound more uplifting than being #10010 in the current ranking. I think it would give people to whom the top 100 is out of reach something extra to shoot for each month. What do models think of this?

Some interesting placements for June.

http://www.myfreecams.com/php/miss_mfc.php?full_detail=2017-06

I'll admit, while I'm happy to see her active and what appears to be relatively healthy. Part of me has lost a little bit of respect for kickaz due to some of the drama and such she made of "retiring" and now she is back at it relatively frequently. At least the times I've seen her online seemed frequent, though maybe for not as long each time. I get it, do what you can, when you feel well enough. I just wish she would have said things differently beforehand.

Some interesting placements for June.

http://www.myfreecams.com/php/miss_mfc.php?full_detail=2017-06

I'll admit, while I'm happy to see her active and what appears to be relatively healthy. Part of me has lost a little bit of respect for kickaz due to some of the drama and such she made of "retiring" and now she is back at it relatively frequently. At least the times I've seen her online seemed frequent, though maybe for not as long each time. I get it, do what you can, when you feel well enough. I just wish she would have said things differently beforehand.
Making a big deal out of leaving then coming back and making top 100 just weeks later sits strangely with a lot of peers.

Maybe a more appropriate thing would have been "Hey, this is the last month I'm going for top 10". And we could all of understood that. Health issues coming up, needing to slow down a bit (going for months and months in top 10 must be draining), and planning to put in less hours is totally relatable.

Then again, she really could have meant it at the time that she was retiring. But imagine being THAT successful for so long, and suddenly just calling it a day. I bet there's a little addiction involved there that lures a person back.

Cam models, just like politicians, are only beholden to their supporters. Kickaz isn't trying to please everyone and neither does any model I imagine. For example, a model like Localoca who's profile basically says, "I'm a bitch, stay away from me." Translation: I have a big supporter who pays for everything so I don't care about anyone else. Kickaz fans will buy into anything she says so it doesn't really matter what she does.

Making a big deal out of leaving then coming back and making top 100 just weeks later sits strangely with a lot of peers.

Maybe a more appropriate thing would have been "Hey, this is the last month I'm going for top 10". And we could all of understood that. Health issues coming up, needing to slow down a bit (going for months and months in top 10 must be draining), and planning to put in less hours is totally relatable.

Then again, she really could have meant it at the time that she was retiring. But imagine being THAT successful for so long, and suddenly just calling it a day. I bet there's a little addiction involved there that lures a person back.

I would imagine it would be as such with a lot of peers. Maybe she did mean it at one time. Maybe not, and it was another ploy to bolster tips/placement (I'm thinking something like when she was threatening to leave MFC and a couple of other things). Who knows, is speculation and only she and a few others would know the real story.

Don't really like talking negative of people, so I'll end the kickaz comments with that I hope her health improves and is good for her in the future.

discussion with what she was worried about health-wise and the actual incisions jive- it would be a pretty elaborate rouse
perhaps it was played up or perhaps she was genuinely scared for her health and decided she wanted to bounce and realized late that maybe she wouldn't need to.
the only person that knows is her.

I had my ass kicked pretty severely several years ago from a health problem and I only have a little scar on my neck to show for it- and a lifetime of cascading health events. i thought my life was over at the time so I am likely projecting my own experience and genuine fondness for kickaz persona will cloud my view.

the thing with camming is- it isn't pie- because one person has a piece it doesn't mean they took YOUR piece- maybe I'm wrong in that view - my piece of the pie remains rather small because my own shortcomings thus far.

• Hugs
Reactions: KarlaKaress
Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing her of faking what she was going through. I've seen the pictures she's posted to Twitter, and take them at face value. What I was saying is that she made it such a big deal that she was going to be taking some time off: year off, possibly more. Then, she's back to it with some level of frequency and consistency almost right away.

Who knows, maybe she is in between surgery and chemo steps. Or, it's truly gone. Or, she's feeling the need to interact with people to help curb anxiety of what she's going through. Maybe she is addicted to camming/spotlight, of sorts, as some have suggested? Or, she's doing it to help build savings more for when she's truly gone?

There have been other times where she has done questionable things, which has brought up her numbers due to drama. So, the history is there. Again, as I mentioned previously, she and few others are the only ones whom truly know.

Here is what she said in her blog:
"The good news is that things are not without hope and my life is not over yet, however I will have to make huge sacrifices to continue the fight. One of the biggest is to give up camming. It’s really hard for me to imagine not doing what I love anymore, however after my surgery in early May I have decided to take a break from the online world and focus on my health. I don’t know how long the break will be, it could be a few months, a year or I may not come back, however I need to do this in order to get better."

As Amber and I both pointed out, it would have been more appropriate if she would have said things a little differently. Instead of "I'm done for X amont of time", could have said it as "If I'm feeling up to it, I'll be online as I'm able to, pending health. But, I'm not going for top ten, etc." Kind of like what Aspen did when she said she was no longer going for "Top 20" due to her life getting busy. In some sense, she did say it. But, the emphasis was on her not camming which was also repeated in her room on the last day or two prior to her surgery. I have not been in her room since her surgery, so have not heard an update.

It isn't really about one model taking members from another. At least in this regard. It was more about what, and how, a particular model acted.

In the current month, I can see the Top 1000.

However, the second the clock strikes midnight Pacific Standard Time on the 1st of the month, the current Top 1000 defaults to the new month and you can only see the Top 100 for previous months.

Is there anywhere on this internet where one could find the Top 1000 for past months?

Updated for July and Aug, woops I'm late!

In the current month, I can see the Top 1000.

However, the second the clock strikes midnight Pacific Standard Time on the 1st of the month, the current Top 1000 defaults to the new month and you can only see the Top 100 for previous months.

Is there anywhere on this internet where one could find the Top 1000 for past months?
No, top 100 is where many girls aim since they remain on this list. Even displaying that much is relatively new, used to only be the top 20 viewable ever. :)

[...]
The information is there -- there's just a bug in the way the page is coded that prevents it from being displayed. However, if you view the page source for the Top 100 list, you'll see the rest of the ranks up to #1000 (since September 2016; up to #250 since November 2012).

For example, in the source for last month's list, you'll see "AngelYssa" at #101:
https://www.myfreecams.com/php/miss_mfc.php?full_detail=2017-08

Code:
<br>
<div id=more_models_101_250 style="display:none;">
       <table >
        <tr>
        <td style=width:20px;>&nbsp;</td>
        <td>

<div style="[...]"><span style="[...]">101</span></div> 
          <div style="[...]"  ><a href=//profiles.myfreecams.com/AngelYssa target=_blank style="[...]"><span style="[...]">AngelYssa</span></a> </div>

The information is there -- there's just a bug in the way the page is coded that prevents it from being displayed. However, if you view the page source for the Top 100 list, you'll see the rest of the ranks up to #1000 (since September 2016; up to #250 since November 2012).

For example, in the source for last month's list, you'll see "AngelYssa" at #101:
https://www.myfreecams.com/php/miss_mfc.php?full_detail=2017-08

Code:
<br>
<div id=more_models_101_250 style="display:none;">
       <table >
        <tr>
        <td style=width:20px;>&nbsp;</td>
        <td>

<div style="[...]"><span style="[...]">101</span></div>
          <div style="[...]"  ><a href=//profiles.myfreecams.com/AngelYssa target=_blank style="[...]"><span style="[...]">AngelYssa</span></a> </div>
Seems intentional rather than a bug, but a very cool find.

For those less versed in page inspection, if you're using chrome, you can just right-click around the #100 model and click Inspect. You'll see the above quoted more_models_101_250 with the display:none style. Double-click on "display:none;" and delete it. Press enter, and models 101-250 will appear. In clicking, you'll likely have expanded that div, revealing "more_models_251_1000". If not, click the triangle next to <div id=more_models_101_250> and it'll show up. Delete the "display: none" style from the 251_1000 node, press enter, and you'll see all 1000 models.

Note that if you go back a ways, you'll find that 251 through 1000 is only available since Sep 2016. 101 to 250 goes back to Oct. 2012, and 21 to 100 goes back to September 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.