AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Miss MFC 2017

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of these placing banks [1-3 or even top 5] being paid out to such young girls [typically] I often wonder if they 'live the high life' so to speak, and burn through it, or if any actually think about saving it and being set for life [AKA- not having to sweat the thought of how they will pay bills should something unforeseen happen to them at some point.] While money sitting in a bank is pretty safe, it doesn't grow much. Some self education on $$ management or creating multiple income streams would certainly help anyone concerned about life after camming. ~

It probably depends on each model. I know Shy hasn't been on in like almost 5 years now, and before she left she bought a big ass apartment that her younger sister and mother still live in, now. But she hasn't come back, and one would assume with how popular she was, if she blew through all of her money, she'd have been back by now. Aspen obviously does more than MFC, now, and as far as anyone can tell, her head is squarely on her shoulders when it comes to money.

Then there's models like PumpkinSpice who move to Las Vegas and rent a goddamn mansion... And if you want to talk about a model going ballistic when she doesn't hit number 1... like when she lost to KickAz one month, well, there's a prime example.

So, like I said, it's all different per model.

If the info on the MFC Wiki were clear there would have never been a need for any of this nonsense, everyone would have already been aware of the purchase limits, but many people were not aware and hence how can my post be "silly" - :facepalm:

It's on the "My Account" page, It's the very second thing. It clearly lists your buying limit per day, max tokens able to be stored, and to click a link to increase limits.

purchaselimit.PNG

It's not hard to find, and if people can't be bothered to look for it, well, that's not my or MFC's problem. Obviously, those who will do the raising of limits have money to burn, so they're not your average member... just like those who break even the top 100 aren't the average model, earnings wise.

Wow!!
This is like the equivalent of camgirl Game of thrones!
Not totally unexpected when you group a bunch of strong willed driven ladies together all competing for the clients affection admiration and tokens.
I wish that all the love could be more evenly spread and everyone benefitted from the whales 1.2 million tips.

If the info on the MFC Wiki were clear there would have never been a need for any of this nonsense, everyone would have already been aware of the purchase limits, but many people were not aware and hence how can my post be "silly" - :facepalm:

Well, unless English is not your first language, it is fairly easy to follow MFC's instructions. If you are confused in any way, just simply contact MFC support directly. It's not difficult y'know!

As I see it... any discussion between a member and MFC where new purchase limits are agreed, will be expected to be confidential between those two parties. MFC is highly unlikely to publish any details about it as such agreements are on a case by case basis. That is common sense and normal business practice being observed. Nothing more. We (anyone else not involved in the discussion) don't need to know the details of a member's new agreed limit. No conspiracy whatsoever.

The guy who tipped 1.2M tkns may have tipped at his new limit... or maybe not. No-one knows. Perhaps his limit is 1.5M or even 2M. .. I don't care, I don't need to know or have any right to know. No-one has. Badgering MFC about it with caustic tweets was both pointless and very unprofessional.:woops:

:)

It's on the "My Account" page, It's the very second thing. It clearly lists your buying limit per day, max tokens able to be stored, and to click a link to increase limits.

View attachment 70123

It's not hard to find, and if people can't be bothered to look for it, well, that's not my or MFC's problem. Obviously, those who will do the raising of limits have money to burn, so they're not your average member...
Well I think that tidbit right there is what started the outrage to begin with. Yes those are the basic limits, which people are denying can be raised with a very trusted account, authorization forms, IDs submitted, and bank xfers. The request is that MFC make some sort of formal statement about just how high that limit can go. Which is silly because why should they have to do that? They should be able to work directly with members with extraordinary standing on the site and proof they can provide the funds and don't have to announce some sort of limit.

The amount of transparency people want from the cam site strikes me as pretty bonkers sometimes.

This thread made me think of Andy from The Office:
f154a9045c1f7a7d371e048150f69714a90cc3b8d56a687d749d2964d3266859.jpg

And also Dudley from Harry Potter counting his birthday presents:
tumblr_inline_nudmu33tqa1tndigp_500.gif

Everyone leaves rich ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess I'd care if I felt I personally was being slighted but also I am not a kind enough person to care about the fairness of an arbitrary contest where the "losers" are making more in a month than most people make in a year. It is pretty difficult for any wealthy person, especially with a job that's low-barrier and *relatively* easy, to complain about their job and come across sympathetic.

(I stress "relatively" because I know camming is hard work and top girls usually work heaps of hours but I still think the work-to-money ratio in these cases makes it relatively easy.)

There's no "cashing out" on MFC like there is on CB, and model accounts don't have the ability to tip. Typically, if a model wants to tip another model, she will create her own premium account and then buy tokens the same way a member would.

I don't mean tipping, i mean the token transfer function. I think i remember that this is possible, because i think i saw some documented transfers on the token transfer wall http://www.myfreecams.com/php/token_transfer.php?request=token_transfer_wall&cache_id=1493841749

I don't mean tipping, i mean the token transfer function. I think i remember that this is possible, because i think i saw some documented transfers on the token transfer wall http://www.myfreecams.com/php/token_transfer.php?request=token_transfer_wall&cache_id=1493841749
It can be done between member accounts, but model accounts can never do anything with tokens they are tipped. At the end of the pay period, they are automatically converted to $ and paid out.

These whale tips blow my mind because of the money but honestly the thing that blows my mind even more is how compelling MFC becomes to people. But it's not really that surprising when you think about it, you get the "no one else understands us" feeling, plus sex, money, competition, and the anonymity of the internet and I think that's honestly a pretty solid recipe for all sorts of crazy shit. Are most months this fun to watch? I just got back on cam and damn but it's been a crazy time to hop back into this community.

P.S. I was actually more excited to see Taypril happen and see her become the highest ranking BBW in MFC history than I was about the 1.2 mil tip!

All the wah wah over server updates and lack of transparency about tip allowances is really lame. C'mon.

I'll disagree with you on this - it's not lame, it's people showing their frustration and MFC are to blame on this due to their horrible track record in communicating with models and members - they usually are completely silent about things or respond in horrendous ways.

For example, about the upgrades: they broke a lot of things over the last year and sometimes it took quite a while to fix them. Meanwhile, models and members more often than not don't see any tangible benefits.

Or to give another example - one model I hang out with had an issue when changing her name: the broadcaster would refuse to start streaming and would loop forever in the 'connecting' screen, while on the member side it looked like she was connecting/disconnecting instantaneously. She e-mailed them for support and their answer was 'check your password, clear cookies, try another browser', all things that she said on the e-mail that she had tried. And this is a bug that I've seen affect quite a few models.

Now, how could they fix this? Easy:
- if you break things, roll back to a previous version or fix them ASAP instead of taking a week to fix it.
- when things happen, communicate better (or communicate at all instead of being silent) - people will react better when they know they are being listened to. And in the example of the broadcaster bug, actually *read* the e-mail they received before replying with what to do and treat it accordingly: someone saying " I cant login, help!" needs a different response than "I cant broadcast since I changed my name. I tried another browser, clearing cookies, etc. I can access other features, so my password works."
- share a roadmap (even a vague one) of what they are working on - it's quite amazing the level of short-term pain that people will accept when they know something they want is coming eventually.

Furst off Dis like you demand of everyone else wheres this fucking proof your so religiously behind that 999,999 was a fake tip!?! Bc its from the same person all tips! And why is it so important for you to know who this person is? How about its none your god damn buisness!!!! Where were you guys two years ago!? Noone complained then! Whether you like to believe it is real all 3 !!! And where r you getting #1 got a milliom tip? All that shit was hearsay and marys tipper running his mouth in lounge if u watched youd know it wasnt tipped! Marys room helps her alot!! I mean where were u two years ago! 1.2 million happened ita real whether you like it or not! All this whiney kickaz shit needs to stop! Yeh im team loca! But u know that girl had more class than any of them! She lost and said please go tip mary congratulate her! Here we got kickaz and her boys being unclassy sore losers! Im over this shit! But damn you have some pent up anger dis !!!

On another note...Happy Birthday! :)

Reactions: SoTxBob
Well I think that tidbit right there is what started the outrage to begin with. Yes those are the basic limits, which people are denying can be raised with a very trusted account, authorization forms, IDs submitted, and bank xfers. The request is that MFC make some sort of formal statement about just how high that limit can go. Which is silly because why should they have to do that? They should be able to work directly with members with extraordinary standing on the site and proof they can provide the funds and don't have to announce some sort of limit.

The amount of transparency people want from the cam site strikes me as pretty bonkers sometimes.
Forget transparency - how many of those demanding "transparency" can even afford to reach the limit once... let alone repeatedly? And if they can, what difference does it actually make? If you cannot afford, or are not willing, to reach the limit - then why on earth does "the highest limit" matter? It doesn't apply to them.

Still think this is a couple of members seriously overstretching themselves financially in a month for their favourite model and getting upset that it didn't pan out how they wanted. Life lesson served... you aint all that.

I'll just leave it right here. Have a good weekend.

cOmmLCSO.jpg

I put in a request to raise my limit from the 46K daily/ 466K/storage level. I have not heard anything from MFC support, despite my life purchases exceeding the current limit.

While the response @Disillusioned received appears to be false since its apparent others have exceeded those limits.

It might be a stock response that they give to members that they deny.

Sort of like if your turned down for a loan or a credit line increase. However in MFCs case they have to code it in a way that will likely keep the user spending on their site.

Reactions: AmberCutie

cOmmLCSO.jpg

Somehow I don't think that's the way it works. I don't believe that MFC members get to select their own purchase/tip limits, which they feel they need, but more realistically, MFC will calculate the possibility of an upgrade if the member's current spending and financial circumstances can support it. It's always gonna be at MFC's discretion... not ours. I think that only if you are already butting up to the daily 46k purchase limit nearly every day and also tipping regularly at 466k, that would be the point at which MFC are more likely to say yay. Otherwise we are simply wasting our time and theirs.

A bit like opening a new account at the bank.... you might feel like you want a credit card with a $50,000 limit, but the bank looks at your ability to pay and decides you are only good for a $20,000 limit. In the words of Mick and Keef ... "You can't always get what you want..."

C'est la vie!

Somehow I don't think that's the way it works. I don't believe that MFC members get to select their own purchase/tip limits, which they feel they need, but more realistically, MFC will calculate the possibility of an upgrade if the member's current spending and financial circumstances can support it. It's always gonna be at MFC's discretion... not ours. I think that only if you are already butting up to the daily 46k purchase limit nearly every day and also tipping regularly at 466k, that would be the point at which MFC are more likely to say yay. Otherwise we are simply wasting our time and theirs.

A bit like opening a new account at the bank.... you might feel like you want a credit card with a $50,000 limit, but the bank looks at your ability to pay and decides you are only good for a $20,000 limit. In the words of Mick and Keef ... "You can't always get what you want..."

C'est la vie!

I think this is probably the way they look at things. The 46650 limit is 12.358 purchases of 3775 tokens per day (the $600 package). So, we'll say if you're able to purchase 12 $600 packages per day for an extended period of time, and not have and of them denied, or chargebacks sent to MFC, then they'll consider raising your limit once you go through the verification process. Remember, this is spending at least $7200 PER DAY without any denying or chargebacks over an extended period of time.

The reality is there are probably only a few dozen actual members on MFC, at most, who could afford to blow $7200+ per day, and not be in massive debt or committing serious credit card fraud. Those members would have to have credit card limits that the rest of us would look at and have our heads asplode, and then afterwards use bank/wire transfers to pay for such large amounts. Even if you have a $50k limit on a single card, you can't even go a full 7 days before hitting your limit on your card buy buying that many tokens (6.9444444 days at spending $7200 per day)-- and most credit cards are going to look at you spending that much per day and start denying after probably the second day until they contact the cardholder to make sure that it's accurate.

People just have to face it, the only people that truly get those sorts of limits raised are confirmed multimillionaires that MFC can verify aren't going to be issuing massive chargebacks to them.

cOmmLCSO.jpg

I said I wouldnt reply anymore but these fans of kickaz are non-stop going on about this.
Ok Disillusioned I'll ask this of you and higirlsrhot are both of you currently purchasing your daily limit of tokens $3683 each and everyday and have you done this for at least 3 months ? Unclethursday made a mis-calculation in his post 3775 should have been 7575

I'm sure Jedi got a completely different response letter than poor disillusioned. relating to a request from 8 years ago, is like going back to a fast food store a day later and asking for a refund because you got the wrong order, utterly ridiculous.

Some can get their limits raised, some cannot. Apparently disillusioned falls in the latter category. mfc clearly knows who rates more spending credit.

kick's leaving/not leaving, for whatever reason, is topic for another inane thread.

What blows my mind is the entitlement/expectation involved. If you're a model and you're annoyed that your members can't currently drop a 1.2 million token tip on you at will, it stands to reason that that frustration is born of an expectation that were your members able to tip you that much, then they would. Otherwise, why would it ever affect you?

I think this kind of thing is maybe my least favourite thing about Miss MFC. For the most part, it's a fun little competition that gives models extra incentive to work hard and gives them goals to strive for, and it gives members extra incentive to be a little more generous with their tokens. Everyone's happy. But it also has the potential to cause otherwise decent people to completely lose perspective of the world they live in. If your biggest problem this month is that you were only in the top 2% of earners in the country as opposed to the top 1% (I haven't done the math, but this is an illustrative point, yo), then you're pretty fucking privileged and honestly don't have a whole lot to complain about.

I said I wouldnt reply anymore but these fans of kickaz are non-stop going on about this.
Ok Disillusioned I'll ask this of you and higirlsrhot are both of you currently purchasing your daily limit of tokens $3683 each and everyday and have you done this for at least 3 months ? Unclethursday made a mis-calculation in his post 3775 should have been 7575
Did I? Maybe I was thinking of the $300 package. I didn't have MFC open (and it was 6AM). Then again, the very largest package I've ever bought was the $300 one-- and maybe like twice, ever.

Ok, but the point, overall, still stands.Still looking at $3600+ per day over an extended period of time with no denials or chargebacks. Credit card companies will still look at that very closely, and start denying non-multimillionaires very quickly.

Even if I accidentally doubled the price, we're still talking about $36k+ to reach the max most of us can get; and there aren't a ton of members that can spend that much every 10 days.

Reactions: weirdbr and Gen
I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if Kickaz' room had lost to some other more typical/normal (?) room. For example look at the last 3 months where Mary has won and Loca has finished second twice. In ordinary times the next three rooms would have have been vying for a crown spot – that would be Kickaz, Sunhiee, Kati3kat in Apr; Jenny, SnugglePunk, Zia in Mar; MissMolly, HyruleFairy, Kati3kat in Feb. Seems pretty clear that those 8 rooms are all very different than what is going on with Mary and Loca if you look at number of tippers, amount per tip and overall engagement (eg: chat, contests, tip menus, hours on cam, etc). Yes, every model in the top 20 (top 100?) is going to have whales and regulars but the two superwhales (jedi and anon) tipping Mary and Loca are plainly at a totally different level.

Maybe all that we've discovered is that the normies resent the rich. It was said before that “hey that's just life.” Yes it is. But a) you'd think in one way that if MFC wants to be in the fantasy business then bringing real world inequalities about wealth and income onto the website and then actively highlighting them on the front page might not be the best idea; and b) society uses a lot of signaling to keep the 1% separate from the 99%. Usually things like pricing, status and access keep the groups in very different circles.

Upthread I had suggested MFC change it to Mr MFC since the members seem to care as much or more than the models. Now I'm thinking maybe MFC could do even more Miss MFC by introducing divisions to keep the jedi/anons away from the salesmen/engineers. Mary and Loca could go in the Formula 1/Premiership division and everyone else can be in the Nascar/Championship division. There could be divisions for newbies, fetish, etc. The rollout slogan: More winning - more fun!! :)

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
someone mentioned that a wire transfer instant instant- from selling exotic cars I can tell you they absolutely can be pretty close to instantaneous and well above dollar amounts mentioned thus far.
I've seen it mentioned elsewhere, on other sites, that relatively famous people have been known to be whale tippers and I doubt the models even know who they are and if I had that sort of expendable income I certainly wouldn't be broadcasting my user name either and certainly not my real name. That kind of money and you're spending it on an adult site? no bueno to most of the population. You won't be publicizing that info.

I'm pretty disappointed by Kickaz's perceived sour grapes as her room and her room crowd is literally the only room that has conversed with me and made me feel welcome as a low (or no) tipping/ low value premium member of the top 10 girls (Miss Noir's room crowd is an exception-and I have been thanked by Miss-Noir for tipping- but she did not speak to me). I also find Kickaz to be pretty straightforward and she did ask that her illness not be brought up in her room and when I have seen it brought up anyway I've seen it brushed aside quickly- but I honestly fail to see how it's even relevant given this is a fairly recent thing-if you follow her a cpl yrs back on social media it's apparent she was dealing with something she wasn't public about and she's been a consistently high earning model for several years. i checked out a lot of her stuff because I was curious about her brand. At the end of the day, who cares. Make money as you see fit and wonder less about others if their particular values and strategies don't line up with your own.

I happened to be in Mary's room right before the end of the month when that screen shot was taken of the huge tip- the energy from everyone was wild, and fun- even if its all some hug scam it drives more traffic to MFC- the news made it to places all over the net not even remotely associated with adult entertainment. More traffic hopefully means everyone has a chance to grab more clients for themselves-it may not but one can hope.

I put in a request to raise my limit from the 46K daily/ 466K/storage level. I have not heard anything from MFC support, despite my life purchases exceeding the current limit.

I'm sure my lifetime purchases has exceeded that over the past 7 years, as well. Trust me, I've spent more money on MFC than I'd care to admit to even myself. But, that doesn't mean I can afford to spend thousands of dollars per day on MFC. And that's the issue. Anyone who can get their limit raised is already spending thousands per day, and not incurring denials or chargebacks. That is simply NOT the average member. It's the top 1% of members, if even that.

Anyone checking MFC right now? MissNoir_xx is #4, but even after receiving a 100k tokens tip she still can't beat Kickaz who isn't even online. I didn't know there were such huge advantages between the top 5 spots.

I had assumed offline tipping and purchases for content made the difference rather than online tipping there- I could be wrong tho- I've decided the whole thing isn't that important to me.

I was happy for noir to see her move up a little bit higher this month -I hadn't seen her on as much and get a kick out of her room

I had assumed offline tipping and purchases for content made the difference rather than online tipping there- I could be wrong tho- I've decided the whole thing isn't that important to me.
Miss MFC is purely based on the amount of tokens a girl makes in that month. Online, offline, for content, just because, private, group, voyeur... all those tokens count.

I think you may be confusing camscore and rank. Camscore is based on tokens per hour on a 60-day average, so people think offline tips help that more. We have a comprehensive thread about camscore in the Models Only MFC section here.

Reactions: SophiaSophia
no- I meant- I assumed members had seen tipping in Noir's room but perhaps Kickaz had more offline purchases made for the month, so Kickaz not being online as much might not have made as much of a difference.
I genuinely don't know

I know Noir had made some noise on twitter about sizable offline tips as well tho- pure speculation on my end

I get how the cam score works (generally)

Reactions: AmberCutie
no- I meant- I assumed members had seen tipping in Noir's room but perhaps Kickaz had more offline purchases made for the month, so Kickaz not being online as much might not have made as much of a difference.
I genuinely don't know

I know Noir had made some noise on twitter about sizable offline tips as well tho- pure speculation on my end

I get how the cam score works (generally)
Oh, yes! Got ya. I couldn't tell what you were referring to.

Since Kick "retired" (?? we'll see) I think she got a huge outpouring of tokens toward the end of her month so I imagine the gap was pretty big.

Status
Not open for further replies.