AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who quote the same thing you just quoted simply because they feel they could have done it better.

I'm not sure if there's a specific instance/scenario you're talking about, but I clicked 'disagree' because I don't think it's always like that. You make it sound like OP posts something, then you reply to it, then person C replies to the OP in an arrogant or conceited manner to imply that you aren't as smart as they are.

I can think of many situations where someone posts on here, asking for advice, just ranting, or simply talking. So one person will respond. Then another person (or more) think of something else to add to the answer. Usually, these extra responses are either expanding upon your answer (to help clarify things) or to give a differing opinion (so the OP can make fully-informed decisions). I really like when people add extra things, whether it's to give more of an in-depth answer or to disagree politely. It makes ACF become so much more than just "one question, one answer" which would make this place seem less friendly and more of an ATM for answers.

If you're talking about one specific person/scenario, I apologize. But in general, I think it adds to the discussion.

I'm not sure if there's a specific instance/scenario you're talking about, but I clicked 'disagree' because I don't think it's always like that. You make it sound like OP posts something, then you reply to it, then person C replies to the OP in an arrogant or conceited manner to imply that you aren't as smart as they are.

I can think of many situations where someone posts on here, asking for advice, just ranting, or simply talking. So one person will respond. Then another person (or more) think of something else to add to the answer. Usually, these extra responses are either expanding upon your answer (to help clarify things) or to give a differing opinion (so the OP can make fully-informed decisions). I really like when people add extra things, whether it's to give more of an in-depth answer or to disagree politely. It makes ACF become so much more than just "one question, one answer" which would make this place seem less friendly and more of an ATM for answers.

If you're talking about one specific person/scenario, I apologize. But in general, I think it adds to the discussion.
Oh! You may be right. I took it as situations in general, not necessarily on a forum, like when you're with friends and make a comment and someone else repeats exactly what you said but using slightly different wording...like they're saying how you said it was lame. That is annoying. :)

Oh no, I meant verbally. Like when talking to friends and quoting a show, then someone else quotes the exact same thing because they feel they can do it better. You are totally welcome to disagree with that as well lol, it's a personal pet peeve. I do like reading extra stoof and wasn't referring to an online scenario in the least bit. Sorry if it seemed like I was being a total jerk, it's just something that happens to me quite a bit perhaps due to the company I keep. xD

People who quote the same thing you just quoted simply because they feel they could have done it better.

Not a pet peeve, but felt like sharing. This reminded me of a time I worked with an adorably, dumb woman (kinda would remind me of Linda from Becker). She would occasionally just not understand simple sayings...random simple sayings. One day I recall having to explain to her what "Whatever floats your boat" means.

I recall her continuously trying to use it throughout the day...horribly incorrectly. I would assume she was trolling me, but I knew better. She was saying things like "Oh hey it's looking like it's gonna rain. Whelp, whatever floats your boat!"

It probably would've been a pet peeve, if she wasn't so adorable when she said it. :hilarious:

When people barely try something before getting frustrated and rage quitting. 90% of the people I have tried to teach to knit (at their request, even) have gotten no further than 5 stitches into their first row before complaining that it looks like shit and ripping the stitches out, never to try again.

The most recent one only made it 1.5 stitches before deciding it was too hard and didn't look right.

Okay, so I know this doesn't apply to everyone. I know different languages do this differently, so just know I'm only referring to native English speakers.

It bugs when when people write/type 20$ instead of $20. That's not right! The dollar sign goes before. 20$ just looks ugly to me. Ugly and wrong. I hate looking at it. Meh.

Oh and one more thing since my roommate reminded me of it. :grr:

People who don't turn the damn lights off when they leave a room.

My mom would straight up kill me if I did that. Electricity is not free. Turn the damn lights off, it's not like it's hard. Holy crap, who raised these people? And why do I have to live with one of them? :wtf:

1. Requests that start with "Do you want to" instead of "Will you" or "Please".
Example "Do you want to do the dishes?" Heck no I don't. Ask nicely.

2. Anyone who makes negative comments about my having pets while in my home or at my door. If you don't prize companionship over the ability to wear black without a speck of fuzz stuck to you, cool. That's not how it goes in my house no matter how many times I dust or mop.

3. "Just open my cam. I'm hot not old and fat." I likes me some old and chubby, but thanks for assuming you know what all chicks dig Mr. broke egotistical turd.

4. Clothing with brand names across the front or pseudo-sexy words across the tush.

I am now on and forever after now going to respond when someone says this to me with " oh that's to bad, old and chubby/ fat/ a loser, (whatever they claim not to be) really turns me on, that's too bad that you are not that thought. otherwise I might have actually opened your cam, sad face."

In a rather large parking lot where there are open parking spaces toward the back, there are drivers who want to park as close to the building as possible to minimize the walking distance between car and store. So they drive around slowly looking for that space despite plenty of parking at the far end of the lot, holding up other cars behind them. Please... unless you're disabled, elderly, or deep into pregnancy, just park in the back end of the lot and walk the extra distance, because walking won't kill ya.

My mother is one of these people. She HATES walking from the back of the parking lot and will drive around for half an hour or longer looking for a spot. It drives me fucking beserk. Once I told her I'd drop her off and park her damn car if she'd just cut that shit out

I live in a house with several apartments. Because of camming i am home a lot. My other neighbours leave the house to work, but they keep ordering stuff online and they don't use services like p/o boxes /similar services offered by delivery services.
So nearly every day someone rings my doorbell aggressively and asks if i could take their packages.
I used to do it, but lately i got stuck with their packages for days, bc they kept ringing when i was on cam or sleeping and lately i am just saying no. I feel like an arsehole, but i think it is kinda rude to order stuff and not be home and expect your neighbours to take them for you.

A couple of weeks someone got new tires for their car. How are you not home for something like that? Oo

This is chronic at my office job:

People drip/splash water all over the bathroom counter. More and more people do this until there's a puddle and you get your shirt wet when you turn on the faucet.

• Americans who use Britishisms in speech
  • People whose speech and writing employs memes, hashtags and other tired TV and social media-derived locutions
  • People who respond to my "thank you" with "no problem" instead of "you're welcome"
  • Television news anchors who describe past events using the present tense ("Leading the news tonight, a fifty-car pileup on normally quiet Elm Street sends one person to the minor emergency clinic and sets the block on fire, destroying ten historically-significant bungalows.")
  • Owners of large pickup trucks who park taking up two (or more) spaces. In my opinion, such vehicles should be banished to the far edges of the parking lot, if not the city.
  • Seeing the driver ahead of me talking on a cellphone, especially men in a pickup truck who are awkwardly holding a tiny phone to their ear, elbow jutted out. The annoyance is doubled when they're driving a late model vehicle which probably has Bluetooth hands-free calling.
  • Interactive voice response (IVR) systems, a.k.a. telephone voice menu systems, which every business larger than a child's curbside lemonade stand seems to use these days.
  • Cash, especially coins, especially pennies. Pennies should be banned.
  • Receiving spam/marketing calls on my cellphone, especially the ones where the human telemarketer picks up only after a few seconds when their software determines that a human (me) has spoken (like their time is more valuable than mine).

Pantyhose.

I despise the bloody things.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
People whose speech and writing employs memes, hashtags and other tired TV and social media-derived locutions
So most of the cam community annoys the frak out of you huh? :)

Man, that word on it's own gave me PTSD flashbacks of working at a corporate job.

I was riding around with this photographer trying to find a location with a Weeping Willow tree, and he would not stop using the word 'utilize'. Ugh.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Internet installation guys that come into your home and ask you why you need so much upload/download speed for fiber...like wtf? It's 2016 lots of people game and do intense stuff on the internet? Also...he's the internet guy...shouldn't he know that??

Well, er....what I meant was...uh, the thing is, ah, fuck it :grumpy:

I read that in Jeff Goldblum's voice. Thank you for making my night, Osmia!
jeff-goldblum-6.jpg

My apartment complex has this knack for starting to mow 30-45minutes before I was planning to wake up. Doesn't matter if I was going to get up at 8am or 1pm, those bastards are going to wake me up early with their fucking mowing.

There are kids in my neighborhood who don't know how to play outside without screaming at the top of their lungs every 30 seconds or so, and their parents let them play outside until 11pm at night. I'm really surprised there haven't been any noise complaints yet.

There are kids in my neighborhood who don't know how to play outside without screaming at the top of their lungs every 30 seconds or so, and their parents let them play outside until 11pm at night. I'm really surprised there haven't been any noise complaints yet.

I cam from dawn till noon. There are several reasons for why I do, but kids being loud as hell in my complex is the biggest one. Any time from afternoon till almost midnight, and they're screeching can be heard for miles. I actually have had to call in noise complaints sadly. Unfortunately over here they won't do anything about it until 11pm.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I cam from dawn till noon. There are several reasons for why I do, but kids being loud as hell in my complex is the biggest one. Any time from afternoon till almost midnight, and they're screeching can be heard for miles. I actually have had to call in noise complaints sadly. Unfortunately over here they won't do anything about it until 11pm.

That's awful! The kids on my street only screech for a few hours. I couldn't imagine having to deal with it for over half the day! I was originally going to cam in the evenings until I remembered; now I'm considering afternoons.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Status
Not open for further replies.