AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2017
Hey babes! I’ve been camming for about two weeks now. I’ve lost my “new” tag but i’m still pulling an average of 200 viewers or so per stream. My “bad” days, i make about 50 dollars. My good days, i’ve made up to 200 dollars. However i average about 100 dollars for a 2 hour stream. I was wondering whether or not i should quit my job? I have awful anxiety and I want to put my all into this, as I LOVE camming. I want to do this full time but i need advice.. xoxo thanks in advance!

Depends on your expenses and what your camming income is like compared to your vanilla job, and remember you will have to pay taxes on your camming earnings. Since you're running your own business, these taxes will be a lot higher than they would if you were to work a vanilla job and have x amount taken out of your paycheck each week.

I wouldn't make any major moves just yet as you've only been camming for two weeks. I'd give it a couple of months before quitting your job or making any permanent changes. Granted if you're willing to put in the hours and fully dedicate yourself to building an audience, you can be very successful at camming.

Not a model, so take with a grain of salt. Anytime I hear someone wanting to quit their job with a chance at self-employment, I have mixed reactions. Self-employment (in your case camming), can be very rewarding. I was self-employed (non-camming) for a few years and enjoyed it immensely.

That being said, the first thing I would look at is your finances. Do you have enough to cover your monthly bills for a few months in case you can't make your goals? What about expenses? Under control and a manageable amount? Are there others which depend on you? What happens if something happens and you can't work (cam)? Medical insurance, is it provided by your current employer or someone else?

You mentioned you have anxiety issues. What happens if you begin to stress out due to not receiving tips, can you manage your anxiety enough so it doesn't affect your work performance?

Not trying to dissuade you from doing this. Rather, just trying to help you understand some of the risks involved with going self-employed. These are all common questions I ask of anyone seeking advice regarding becoming self-employed.

I agree that it would be beneficial to wait a little while longer before making any big transitions.

Previously when I was camming, it was a hobbie for me. At the time I was working three jobs and cammed occasionally when I had time off. I find that many new camgirls are not as successful because they look at camming as a hobbie rather than a job.

It is very possible to make camming your single source of income. I agree that it is very fun and convenient with the perks of being your own boss. If you do decide to quit your job, I would suggest you invest as much time in camming as you would a regular job. I find that most successful female cammers who do this as their primary source of income are online about 25-35 hours a week, but also invest at least an additional 10-20 hours a week offline. Offline time may vary depending on which site you cam from. I am more familiar with Chaturbate so offline would include time spent prepping for camming, creating new content, experimenting with different lighting/angles/etc., researching, updating your bio, photo shoots, filming customer videos, shopping for new clothing/toys, etc.

I feel like most people don't realize how much time is additionally spent away from the camera and should be taken into consideration.

I feel like most people don't realize how much time is additionally spent away from the camera and should be taken into consideration.

I can't speak from a model's perspective. But, this holds true for self-employment of just about any kind. One puts in a lot of time "behind the scenes" doing things such as bookwork, budgets, research, marketing, etc.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I am not a model. For Small Biz/Self employed startu rule is that you have 3 months, minimal, of expenses in savings before you take the leap to go full time. Depending on the biz you may need 6 months or a year of expenses in savings/reserves.

One of the biggest mistakes of startups is that they do not have the reserves to get started and the crash and burn, this is true for every small biz, startup and Self-employed.

You have a great resource here, and probably in the model only forum to ask the question how much in reserves would they recommend

I agree with those who posted above! See how it goes for about 3-6 months, save some money. The income from camming varies so much pay check to pay check so it's best to be safe! Good luck :)

Scale and perfect your process.
Before quitting your vanilla job take the time to grow your audience, setup your network, save money etc...

I also agree with everyone above. I think it matters how much pressure is on you to make money. I quit my vanilla job two weeks in but thats because im 18 and still living at home with little expenses. You dont wanna put yourself into a sticky situation. So I really think it depends on that. I love your motivation though, that is key!!

I'd quit my Vanilla job if it didn't have adult industry people in it:) Now seriously, only quit a Vanilla job for a better Vanilla job, or something with an extra value. Where I come from, a Vanilla job also means insurance, basic med-care etc. I agree that Vanilla people get on my nerves every ten minutes or so...

Hey babes! I’ve been camming for about two weeks now. I’ve lost my “new” tag but i’m still pulling an average of 200 viewers or so per stream. My “bad” days, i make about 50 dollars. My good days, i’ve made up to 200 dollars. However i average about 100 dollars for a 2 hour stream. I was wondering whether or not i should quit my job? I have awful anxiety and I want to put my all into this, as I LOVE camming. I want to do this full time but i need advice.. xoxo thanks in advance!

Id say wait n really build your fan base..I bring in 900.00 a month...most months..
But I still keep my full time job ...Camming income is up n down to much in my opinion to have be my only income..but some web models have the following so..

As for me I earn at least from $800 to $1000 a month from various camsites combined which the payment deposited to either firstchoicepay and epayments

Besides from my webcam income my husband work aswell on affiliate marketing online which a combined income could go to 3k a month

Because I am pregnant now and my last Job was a striptese dancer which I don't intend to go back to that route after giving birth I feel comfortable working on webcams

If you got a good day job I suggest u don't quit but if u really hate your day job then Quit it and work more on your webcam, treat the webcam work as a business

You say your bad days you make 50 bucks and your good days up to 200? and you are thinking about quitting? I GIVE MUCH to be in your shoes. I have 3 jobs and mfc only makes me enough to pay just few of my bills. I think you need to be very happy. If you keep going at that rate that is really good as long as your not doing anything unsafe. I would love to be able to do it full time if I didnt have other work..being self employed is the way to go for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.