AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Setting Minimum Tip + On/Off User Images

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I think it's a natural way to redistribute the wealth of those without lots of tokens to spare to ladies who aren't picky (or can't afford to be) :D

I obviously don't believe that was the intent, but personally - the more "top" models who use it, the better for the lower down models :whistle:

I'm not biased, honest! :D

Reactions: AngelAndrea
just out of curiosity i checked my spend tokens for the last 100 times.
from 100 tips nearly 50 are below 20 tkns and it makes a fifth of all tokens spend.
and also nearly every session i tipped more than once had at least one tip below 20.

I have a very vicious Troll-Stalker who regularly visits, tips 1 token and makes violent disturbing threats against my life. It's been going on for a while now and even THAT scenario wouldn't make me change my minimum tip amount.

LovelyLemon said:
I have a very vicious Troll-Stalker who regularly visits, tips 1 token and makes violent disturbing threats against my life. It's been going on for a while now and even THAT scenario wouldn't make me change my minimum tip amount.

You've not reported them to MFC :?

I apologize for not reading this thread thoroughly, but I had to input after the scores of negative posts at the beginning. Besides, op asked our opinions, and I have to give mine, but it's late and I need sleep.

Originally I thought "what a shitty idea". I shared this thought with my master. He pointed out the following:

those who don't want to get less than 200 tokens can set it that high. Then, those who can only tip 50 will go elsewhere with their 50, instead of staying with the model who only accepts 200+ tips. The model who does accept 50 then wins, because she gets his money. The model who doesn't accept the 50 wins for not having to deal with something she doesn't want to deal with. The site wins because he has now found a model he likes and will spend money on. Win-win-win-win.

In the past, the gentleman would've tipped the first model his 50 and gotten banned for his trouble. He was out 50 tokens and feels like shit because he got banned for giving a model money. The model is pissed because someone ignored her 200 token rule that is clearly posted in her topic and profile. Model who wants his 50 tokens never even sees him enter her room. Site may even lose a customer over it. Lose, lose, lose, lose.

For those of us who accept small tip amounts, this is a good thing, because those who only have the small tips will not be wasting their money on models who don't appreciate small tips, and will instead be tipping those of us who do accept small tip amounts.

I only noticed this new feature on friday when I logged in and was looking for a way to change the background on my room. Personally i think it's a shirt idea and will be counterproductive for any model that choose to use it. At the end of the day, a tip is a tip. I'm grateful for any amount that someone chooses to tip me (and I have to ask why anyone would think that tipping small amounts would be annoying and use it as a way to troll people - seems a bit arse backwards to me - 'I want to annoy you therefore I'm going to give you money' ??? Ok, buddy, annoy away if that's how you do it :lol: )

I won't be using it, I can't think of any models i talk to outside of this forum who will and I really don't see why MFC decided to make a feature of it when there are so many other actually useful things they could have added/fixed.

ok, I just saw this and I do think it is a little ridiculous, especially for someone like me since I am new. I wouldn't even dream about telling someone they can't tip me a certain amount. I am so grateful for every token even if it is one.

I can see the minimum tip being useful during raffles and stuff, incase someone wants to be obnoxious and tip a 200 token thing in increments of 5 or 10 -- but otherwise, I can't see any use for this, really...

Hopefully they can implement a sort of PartyChat feature like I keep hearing about on the Streamate site. THAT would be pretty cool!

LacieLaPlante said:
I just tried to tip a model friend 19 tokens because that's all I /had/ and the minimum was 20. It pissed me off. I don't really want to go in her room anymore or tip her because of that. Tips are tips. 1-20 token tips don't lower your camscore, why would you deny these tokens?

:/ It just seems... rude

I think it is to play off of those people who think that tips below a certain amount negatively impact your cam score.

1) stop obsessing over camscore, they won't tell you how they get it, so why try do do anything about it?
2) five pennies spends just as well as a nickel, and so on.

I think the minimum tip "feature" is not worth using.

I think it is to play off of those people who think that tips below a certain amount negatively impact your cam score.

That's kinda what I thought tbh...

I don't want to be the odd one out here lol but I am surprised at so many people dissagreeing the minimum tip feature.
Personally, if someone tips me a single 1 token tip, (depending on how it was meant & especially if there is only 1 of them) I take offence. I wouldn't tip a waitress 5 cents/3 pence so I wouldn't be that happy with that for myself either. I have worked as a dancer for years & if a guy flipped me a 2 pence coin as a "tip" it would be intended as an insult & he would promptly have it thrown back at him!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't set the minimum tip to a stupid high amount & would only actually set it to 10 tokens but if having *any* minimum amount is enough to piss people off, maybe I shouldn't.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
there are already members hopping from room to room to look who has a limit set. :)
Strange hobby.

Charlotte_UK said:

I don't want to be the odd one out here lol but I am surprised at so many people dissagreeing the minimum tip feature.
Personally, if someone tips me a single 1 token tip, (depending on how it was meant & especially if there is only 1 of them) I take offence. I wouldn't tip a waitress 5 cents/3 pence so I wouldn't be that happy with that for myself either. I have worked as a dancer for years & if a guy flipped me a 2 pence coin as a "tip" it would be intended as an insult & he would promptly have it thrown back at him!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't set the minimum tip to a stupid high amount & would only actually set it to 10 tokens but if having *any* minimum amount is enough to piss people off, maybe I shouldn't.
It's a fair point, but what do you say to a guy who wants to tip you for a show or to help with a countdown but only has 5 tokens and can't reload on tokens until he gets his next paycheck, which might be a week away? As much as you may be bothered by a small tip, a lot of small tips do add up eventually.

Also keep in mind; pretty much every model here appreciates every single token they get, regardless of how big the tip is. Models who take that attitude are far less likely to use the "minimum tip" feature.

this reminds me of people who won't pick up a penny off the ground because its "not worth" it to do so. just remember that those "pennies" add up. I never pass up "free" / found money. All those 1 tkn tips (nickels) add up to dollars at the end of the day. Any model who sets her token limit to above my token gift amount would surely lose out on any future tipping from myself and I believe a lot of other "poor" fixed income members. Just my :twocents-02cents: pun intended

Reactions: AngelAndrea
Charlotte_UK said:

It's fair enough, but it's worth drawing on your own personal experience at MFC too :D

Do you get many small tips? If not, then why bother setting it at all ;)
If you do get many small tips, do you wish not to get those tips for some reason? If so - then set it.

Seems fairly simple way to look at it from a models perspective as to whether she uses the feature :)

All the other comments are basically saying how they'd feel if they had even a small tip of theirs "thrown back in their face" - by and large, the response seems "leave".
Question is whether those now leaving would have tipped more as time progresses - and every "x" token tip is just "x" * 1 token tips :)

LovelyLemon said:
I have a very vicious Troll-Stalker who regularly visits, tips 1 token and makes violent disturbing threats against my life.

This might be old news, but I recently attempted to tip 1 token and received a message in the tip dialogue stating (paraphrasing):
a) Some models might take offense to tips of a small amount. Do I really want to tip such a small amount?
b) Tips of a small amount have message text disabled to avoid abuse.

I could still make the 1 token tip (honest - it was for a good joke the entire room was in on :) ), but no comment text was passed to the model. Everyone making the 1 token tips had to type their comment into the normal chat window.

I didn't experiment, so maybe trolls can still use 2 token tips to send nasty-grams. I've no idea if removing the ability to send messages with 1 token tips will help reduce creepy stalker-ish messages, but it seems like an interesting idea.

spikyhaired said:
LovelyLemon said:
I have a very vicious Troll-Stalker who regularly visits, tips 1 token and makes violent disturbing threats against my life.

This might be old news, but I recently attempted to tip 1 token and received a message in the tip dialogue stating (paraphrasing):
a) Some models might take offense to tips of a small amount. Do I really want to tip such a small amount?

I could still make the 1 token tip (honest - it was for a good joke the entire room was in on :) ), but no comment text was passed to the model. Everyone making the 1 token tips had to type their comment into the normal chat window.

I didn't experiment, so maybe trolls can still use 2 token tips to send nasty-grams. I've no idea if removing the ability to send messages with 1 token tips will help reduce creepy stalker-ish messages, but it seems like an interesting idea.
6 tokens is the minimum to include a tip note. So at worst, you're making 30 cents to put up with some text meant to insult you. :mrgreen:

bud9752 said:
this reminds me of people who won't pick up a penny off the ground because its "not worth" it to do so. just remember that those "pennies" add up. I never pass up "free" / found money. All those 1 tkn tips (nickels) add up to dollars at the end of the day. Any model who sets her token limit to above my token gift amount would surely lose out on any future tipping from myself and I believe a lot of other "poor" fixed income members. Just my :twocents-02cents: pun intended

That's funny, since I was a kid I've HATED change! If I buy something for $4.02, I throw 98 cents in the give a penny take a penny. I've probably lost THOUSANDS in change over the 15 years I've been buying shit. Maybe I'll start a change jar. Write on it "Change your mind about change!" I really really feel stupid for all the money I've just thrown away. Like when I find change in my purse I go"how the fuck" and put it on the ground.

AngelAndrea said:
That's funny, since I was a kid I've HATED change! If I buy something for $4.02, I throw 98 cents in the give a penny take a penny. I've probably lost THOUSANDS in change over the 15 years I've been buying shit. Maybe I'll start a change jar. Write on it "Change your mind about change!" I really really feel stupid for all the money I've just thrown away. Like when I find change in my purse I go"how the fuck" and put it on the ground.
The change jar's a good idea, I don't like carrying change around with me so I dump it into a bottle then go by a coinstar machine when it gets full, I usually make $50.

You can set your minimum tip to 1 token :lol: Done this.

Charlotte, you could set yours to 2 tokens so that you don't get 1 tokens tips and people don't get the wrong idea about you.

I had a guy today tipping me lots of tips of 7. He was making me do maths but if I'd had a minimum of 10 tokens, I'd have lost out on all these tips and 7s add up nicely!

spikyhaired said:
LovelyLemon said:

So weird, tonight I noticed it said, whilst tipping a lot of 1 tkns, that if I tip anon I can't attach a message. It said nothing about regular tipping.
however, she didn't get any messages - in keeping with what both you and Amber say. Wonder why my tip screen showed different info. Or maybe i'm seeing things, but I swear (in a non rude way) it said tip notes are disabled for low anon tips!

Pervs have 2 options when faced with a minimum tip message - pay more or don't pay at all.

As stated above, people use small tips to send annoying messages to the models (seriously, who the fuck has the time to hate a model enough to pay money to insult her?) so that's a consideration as well.

I tend not to tip lower than ten as that is a nice round number that chips away at a countdown or just says "hi, thanks for your company" if the models just been hanging out.

I still feel it could reduce income though as if I tipped ten/twenty and got a message saying fuck off I'd be very tempted to not tip and enjoy a free show.

Also, Charlotte_UK is so hot I've had to ration the amount of time I think about her because my dick hurt from being hard 24/7

Reactions: Charlotte_UK
AmberCutie said:
spikyhaired said:
LovelyLemon said:

6 tokens is the minimum to include a tip note. So at worst, you're making 30 cents to put up with some text meant to insult you. :mrgreen:

I didn't know that there was a "Conduct Warning" That's awesome :) This will be a test of how dedicated he is to the project!

On the other hand I'll miss the hilarious hijinks of premium friends sending nutty comments in one token tips! (those guys greatly outweigh the lunatic)

:hello2:
i was thinking that maybe this feature helps some girls out, like the ones that have high rollers spoiling them, like seting a high ammount makes all her friends tip it, making a huge token ammount overall, i know is not fair for the rest of ppl but i bet some use it in this way; about girls being happy for every token, well, let me doubt that, u dont see them jumpin for 10, u see them jumping and crying for 5k, thats normal i guess, only that this site got to insane ammounts and most of members cant keep up and feel left out even if they tip reasonable , is just frustrating ;
:violin:

I agree with most of everything said in here as far as tip minimums being no good. I certainly do not use it on a daily basis and wouldn't like a model who did.

BUT I do set a minimum of 3 or 5 tokens when I use my ohmibod (toy vibrates when i am tipped) for storytime or Mario Kart. Tips of any amount make it vibrate the same so LITERALLY everybody is super cheap and only tips one token. Even tipping 1 over and over takes so long to add up to anything substantial. I do appreciate all tips and wouldn't set a minimum any other time, but in this one situation it prevents people from being super uber cheapies. Why tip me 5 or 10 tokens when 1 will buzz my all the same? Cause you can't! :p

Minimum is a funny word.

bud9752 said:
i'm the kind of person who will walk into things and bump into people because i'm too busy looking at the ground for change :( but on the plus side, when i go to coinstar i make over $100 each trip :D i've had to be cashed out at two different registers before because of how much change i had. :D my ducky change bank is currently 1/3 full and growing. i always tell my members that i LOVE change. lol. so any members here, feel free to come throw your pennies at me! i promise i won't toss them back. if anything you'll have to beat me to get them back. :D

nogood said:
i was thinking that maybe this feature helps some girls out, like the ones that have high rollers spoiling them, like seting a high ammount makes all her friends tip it, making a huge token ammount overall, i know is not fair for the rest of ppl but i bet some use it in this way; about girls being happy for every token, well, let me doubt that, u dont see them jumpin for 10, u see them jumping and crying for 5k, thats normal i guess, only that this site got to insane ammounts and most of members cant keep up and feel left out even if they tip reasonable , is just frustrating ;

Punctuation is your friend. Embrace it.

ComicOzzie said:
nogood said:

Punctuation is your friend. Embrace it.

I would love to see the difference on this guys face when someone gives him 50 cents and someone gives him 250 dollars. LOL.

nogood said:

Just because one glass is full doesn't mean the half-full one has nothing in it.

I am happy about the 10 token tip. If I were to get a 5000 token tip I would be ecstatic, but it would NOT lessen the happiness the 10 token tip gave me.

I have never gotten a tip over 1000 tokens.

As stated before: let the models who don't want the small tips set a minimum. The guys who wanted to tip 5 tokens can come spend it on me :p

Reactions: SatanJonez
I would say that a majority of my tips are 10 and 20 token tips. This is fine with me because 1) there's hundreds of other models online, and you chose to be in MY room and tip ME.....makes me feel special! :) And 2) Money is money, and those dollars and cents add up. Think about MFC's high traffic, and how many premiums come into your room in a work shift. Those 10 - 20 token tips really add up.

I think Agent_99 set her minimum to 100 tokens. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.