1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last movie/show you watched?

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by lunarxkittn, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Ambers Troll

Star Wars- The last Jedi : Something for every star wars fan, if you enjoyed any of the previous movies this one is for you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. n_i_c_u

I'm currently watching 'Episodes.' I think it is up to season 5 but I am only on season 2 (season one was amazingly funny). It is interesting as it stars Matt LeBlanc who played Joey in Friends. He really is a good actor, at least in this series, and the show is hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MDouble00

Since all the theatres around me were booked asshole to elbows no Star Wars so I finally got around to watching Thor and then we rented Spider Man Homecoming. Both were fun flicks. Thor had more lol moments than I expected. If I had to nitpick I felt Spider Man was about 20 to 30 minutes longer than it needed to be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. n_i_c_u

Ok, I'm the biggest fan of 'The Empire Strikes Back', and I really liked 'Rogue One.' The original 'Star Wars' was on cable so much back when cable became a thing that I know every stormtrooper wound placement and it really is in my brain.

But, man, I saw the first season of 'Girls' and watching Adam Driver in 'the Force Awakens,' I just can't get him as the whatever he is in the Star Wars universe. He will always be, to me, that guy on 'Girls'. :arghh: It hurts me that he was cast (but good for him)...I just can't get it out of my head.

#424 n_i_c_u, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. DFT

DFT

Sorry I didn't share, I binged "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" too quick to tell you.

Rachel Brosnahan is amazing: I'm super glad to see her get her own show. Supporting cast is excellent, with Tony Shaloub being his grumpiest and most likeable all at once.

Amazon show.

6. venomous

I just went to see the latest Star Wars in theaters. Not a huge fan. I understand why the critic and fan reviews were so discordant. Seems like the critics just thought the movie was "too big to fail."

7. bettygrimm

Happy! on SyFi. It has Christopher Meloni (law & order svu) as an ex-cop hitman who hallucinates an imaginary blue horse named Happy (voiced by Patton Oswalt). It's based off a comic book and my boyfriend and I are obsessed. It's incrediably dark humored, violent, and off the wall crazy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MDouble00

Saw Star Wars the last Jedi on Christmas Eve. I have to say it wasn't as enjoyable as I'd hoped. I thought it was really disjointed and had too many stories going at once. Plus there is a good portion of the movie dedicated to a storyline that ultimately didn't matter.

I don't actually have a desire to see this one again which is rare for me. And with that thought in my head I might have to rank this behind Phantom menace.

9. zippypinhead

The Big Fat Quiz of 2017. It really went off the rails this year.

10. Emma Catcher

I watched Bride Wars(comedy) and liked it!

11. Lucid1

A co-worker suggested that I give "Spitfire Grill" a watch. It's one of those movies that "comes full circle" in the end and leaves you feeling a mixed bag of emotions. I would highly recommend watching it.

12. ForceTen

Family Ties. :rock:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dbstorm_

2 movies that come to mind are ones that involved me having zero expectations. Me and my family enjoy horror. Most modern horror movies are mediocre. I went into Annabelle Creation expecting the worst, and hot damn it was one of my favorite films of 2017. Super intense scares that rely on atmosphere and intelligence rather than gore and jump scares. It's odd that a sequel to a spinoff of a good movie (the Conjuring) was this good, but horror fans need to put this one in their eyes.

Close runner up is The Big Sick. If you've seen it, I'm sure you love it. If you don't love it, you have no heart. I joke... but this is a perfect modern day love story wrapped in a fucking hilarious comedy that everyone can relate to and doesn't make you want to barf in your mouth. It also made me realize how important the people who I love are to me. I wasn't crying dammit! It was cough and cold season.

14. corpsekitten

Cam Model

Lost
    It’s one of the most stressful shows I think I’ve ever watched :dead:

15. tommyandtalia

Cam Model

Just finished up the new season of Peaky Blinders (Tom Hardy & Cillian Murphy-swoon). Currently binging the late 80s/early 90s classic Unsolved Mysteries brings back childhood memories of watching it and getting creeped out lol!

• Like Like x 1
  16. n_i_c_u

I am doing all the older runs of Survivor that I missed after watching that last season in real time.

I've done Africa, Marquesas, Cook Island. Some of the later shows I have seen live before and some on dvd, but WOW to see Boston Rob and Parvati, and I guess even Ethan and Lex when they all first joined up is a treat after seeing them disjointedly in future seasons. It is something I can just watch for hours and hours with the gameplay (I often find myself saying "NOOO! DUMB DUMB DUMB move).

17. jennifer eivor

I didnt know he was still acting, so I'm glad to see he's doing well. Are these series on netflix? I will search it!

18. Dan Epstein

My girlfriend got me hooked up on watching "Deadly Women" with her. So campy, so pulp, and so vanilla, the perfect guilty pleasure at the moment.

19. zippypinhead

I'm really hooked on the British show, Taskmaster, right now. It is absolutely hilarious. It makes me laugh all the time. There's an American version that should be coming out pretty soon on Comedy Central. I have high hopes for it. It should be really fun.

20. Songbird_Shelly

Yes! I’ve been enjoying watching this too. I don’t have the SYFY channel, so I’ve been watching it on the SYFI app. I’ve always loved him in L & O SVU (I watch SVU reruns on USA all the time). I think it’s awesome that Happy is voiced by Patton Oswalt a.k.a. ‘Spence’ from The King of Queens.

I had been checking the SYFY app for this week’s episode, but their FB page said there was no new episode this week.

I had recently shared an article on FB that showed him listed as the highest paid T.V. actor (at the time, at least). Yeaaahhh, Chris!

21. laurxryder93

Cam Model

I just got caught up with Blacklist on Netflix. What do I do with my life now??

22. MDouble00

Seriously one of the best and worst feelings about binge watching a show. You're so happy to have caught up and then so disappointed you don't have any more episodes to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. heybarkeep

In the Dog House

That '70s Show. Red Forman is the goat sitcom dad. Comedy Central has been spamming it lately but it has aged really well.

24. JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. Member

25. Dan Epstein

Hard Sun, by Neil Cross who created Luther. Solid and engaging.

26. Phoenix4987

Mindhunters on Netflix. It's pretty damn good if you're into psychology. And it's available in 4k HDR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Gen

Gen
    Cam Model

Just finished Daredevil season 2, which was pretty good and fun. Trying to watch Defenders but a few episodes in, what a slog! I’ve seen all the main shows except Iron Fist, so I like seeing all of them interacting, but maaaaan it’s boring. I hope it picks up.

28. Dan Epstein

Daredevil was solid, mainly because it draws from Frank Miller's "The Man Without Fear" graphic novel, which is far more grim and psychological in approach.
    As for The Defenders, that was a really long long binge, I hope Iron Fist gets killed in the next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Dan Epstein

Small Town Crime: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5751998/

John Hawkes nails it as an ex cop battling alcoholism. A modest, smart and tight script makes a great movie that was produced in dimes.

30. jennifer eivor

For me, I watched Gamechangers a BBC movie about the creators of Miami Vice and it was fun.