AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some models have Doppelgangers in their room??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually am room helper for a model friend of mine...

Yeah, I read into it and it doesn't seem like all room helpers are the same. I've just saw a similar pattern in some of the top rooms and were wondering what they were. Guess now I know. And I honestly applaud many of them who are giving up their own time to do that for models. I would really be indebted to someone who did that for me, but I guess it takes a lot of respect to be gained.

Room helpers, innit. Doing extra unpaid work and parts of a model's job for her is the furthest thing from what I'd want my time in camland to be comprised of but to each their own. I think some guys like that their favourite model(s) trust them enough to let them help out, and enjoy the responsibility.
Yeah I won't lie, being a room helper can suck. I only do it for one model.

I agree with what others have said how a room helper can make or break a room, as well as being annoyed by constant pleading for tips and basically putting the model on a pedestal.

Reactions: Puffin
I totally agree. An annoying room helper that gets in the way by over posting graphics, countdowns and other info is a big fat fail in my book. I usually end up sticking them on ignore very quickly. I have seen several who are awesome at what they do and deserve a medal for being on the ball and helping the models room run smoothly... but those fanatical eager beavers are just so irritating that they end up on my ignore list quick smart.

Constant cheerleading the room with demands to tip the girl also grates with me. It's my cash that paid for my tokens and I get to choose when and how much to tip. I'll be more likely to hold back and even leave a room when this keeps happening.

I agree that posting banners too much is annoying. My policy is to wait until the banner is off screen before posting them again, or if the chat is moving too fast, I'll wait a few minutes. Countdowns can be a little tricky and shouldn't be judged too quickly... there are some things that will automatically re-post the topic. If I add a token countdown, for example, will re-post topic... I would like to see the chat room look neat and uncluttered with stuff.

I actually am room helper for a model friend of mine, && I really only post shit like that when it's been DEAD SILENT for like 25 fucking minutes. I also tip && encourage other people to join me if they can, or tip matching small tips, like 5 - 10 tokens... But I don't do this all the time, only when it;s legit so dead that you could hear a pin drop... She'll have like 100 premiums in here room && be doing whatever && it'll be dead silent. I don;t post banners, etc. I just update her topic && sometimes clap for when people do tip after such long silences, etc.

I don't even ban people. I've never banned anyone as a room helper before. I like to check with the model first.

Most of the time, room helpers say stuff that the model is okay with... && if the model really feels that it's helping her... Can't do too much about that. I think most Room Helpers have earned their Room Helper status... I say this because me personally... I would NEVER assign a room helper position to someone that ASKED. When the feature first came out, I had people BEGGING to be Room Helper. I was like NO. I have assigned my bitch to be my room helper before, but he has never once asked. He also only update my topic for me as well.

For me, if it makes my job easier when my hands are busy... [When Is ay busy, I mean like covering my tits, or down my pants, etc] then it can be a big help to not have to interrupt the show every 5 seconds because some members are being fuck tards....

I ban all the time. The model I room help for wants to keep trolls out of the room, so we devised a plan that can limit some of those people from posting in chat. But, I did it at the request of her... this probably looks to some as me having a ban heavy finger and doing it because I please, I actually do it because she requested it. If it makes some people hate me or not like me, oh well.

Being a room helper is an interesting experience. And there are all sorts of different levels to the job depending on what the model needs/wants from them.

On the surface one might just be responsible for the function that come with the position, the topic and banning. Both which are tasks that free up the models hands and attention so she can focus on her show. And both also require one to keep a steady focus on what is happening in chat.

But the job can expand out pretty fast. A lot of helpers are media distributors for the model, and while that means sending videos mostly, it can also be keeping a list of all the people who are pre-buying content for a show that is going to be recorded, and providing customer support to folks who have difficulty downloading or playing the clip they bought. I often need to have a short PM interaction after I send a clip to explain how VLC will play it, or help someone navigate Dropbox the first time.

Sometimes a model relies on the helper to be an auxiliary brain, to prompt her if she wishes a new count, or to post reminders of what tips for actions are during a control show (Often for the audiences benefit to know what was tipped for, but sometimes as a reminder to themselves) This can include providing feedback as to the quality of the feed, and sound, if the radio volume is too high, or if members are having some issue.

A lot of members PM with questions about the model or curiosities to my connection to her. I've made a lot of good MFC friends out of such interactions and have become close to almost all of the models regulars and thus sometimes act as a message hub for them, or a place where they can drop off information about things in their lives they might want to pass on to the room ("Could you tell the room I have an operation that will keep me away a few days? etc)

With busy room, keeping conversation flowing is not such a big part of the job, but sometimes a helper is tasked with that job, to keep the room un-dead and some activity in chat happening, to draw in conversation, start discussions and so forth.

Though I was never asked to, I've had a few icons designed and made that touch on in-jokes in the room, or for members who have been very very generous. They are small things that add to the unique 'feel' of the room, and give the models members something to play with that helps unite them as a part of the community she has built.

I am always concerned that I might be making negative impressions on members when I'm cycling banners and tend to follow the One topic or banner repost per visible page rule. One of the sad facts is that Reposting the topic often makes a real difference in video deal sales. Having it out there a lot prompts questions about the deals and makes sales. One has to get a feel for the balance needed in posting such. You often judge how the conversational flow in the room is going and pace the posts accordingly as to not break them up.

The situation that @marchards describes above is to my eyes a very awkward one, and I have difficulty understanding why a model would do it, much in the same way as the ones that put the position up for bid, and are amused when the winner bans other room regs 'for fun' or out of some political tangle. It just seems to be a bad way to do things, but I'll concede that everyone has their own style and such may well work for them.

There are as many reasons for people to want to be helpers as there are aspects to the job. In my case, I'm not really able to afford to tip, so by helping out I'm able to feel like I'm doing something for the time I am there, and it also feeds into my personal desires to be organized and helpful. I want to see my model have as relaxing and easy nights session as possible, hopefully making her evening better and more 'fun' too. Or at least free her up to focus on things that she wants to.

I came to my roll though being a regular that was helpful with counts in the days before @remains (and still handle the counts for her manually today because she prefers to only have a portion of tips for media buys go toward the count) and answering the usual half dozen questions in the room that always came up if she was busy when they did. She chatted with me on and off and like with many of her regulars became a friend to me, and to my surprise trusted me enough to put me in the position when it was rolled out by MFC.

I'm sure every helper can list a bunch of different reasons why they are willing to give their relaxation time up for the position. It can be a very busy job some nights, more-so when an guest model might be around and video sales, special show events, and such are happening all at once. Coordinating with the other models helper, or even taking the position on oneself if she has none, becomes part of the job on such eves.

To me the most interesting thing about the helper position is that its another strong aspect of MFC's 'Community' based set of tools they give to models. Every model on MFC creates the atmosphere she wants in her room, and they become very unique and idiosyncratic. The roll the model defines for her helper is part of this, and it makes a difference in the tone of the room, as many posters noted above.

On a personal note, while the model I help has been very very clear in her appreciation for me, and always makes sure I know that, I took the job on with no expectations of any special treatment or access to her. I was able to PM and interact with her pretty freely before, and never had the illusion that what I do couldn't be easily replicated by any other number of people. I do it because it makes me feel useful.

I've enjoyed this thread, as it's given me insight into how people see the job, and where they might have problems with its execution. Helpers get very little feedback in general. When they do the job right, they are, ideally, invisible. When they mess up or annoy, people will just leave and not say anything. So being able to hear what concerns and problems people have is super handy and valuable.

To me the most interesting thing about the helper position is that its another strong aspect of MFC's 'Community' based set of tools they give to models. Every model on MFC creates the atmosphere she wants in her room, and they become very unique and idiosyncratic. The roll the model defines for her helper is part of this, and it makes a difference in the tone of the room, as many posters noted above.

I think a lot of users don't understand this that it is the models room and she gets to decide how the atmosphere is. They think that they can do/say whatever they want and have everyone be ok with it. They don't understand also that we help her out with keeping that atmosphere in check with room rules. Ours are pretty lax, but very strict at the same to keep the room clean of trolls and rude/inappropriate chat.

Reactions: SNATCH and Puffin
I think a lot of users don't understand this that it is the models room and she gets to decide how the atmosphere is. They think that they can do/say whatever they want and have everyone be ok with it. They don't understand also that we help her out with keeping that atmosphere in check with room rules. Ours are pretty lax, but very strict at the same to keep the room clean of trolls and rude/inappropriate chat.

I think you touch on on of the most un-noted aspects of many models success. The room culture that a model builds (or allows to grow naturally) is a significant factor in how well she does.

After a period rooms tend to attract more regulars that 'fit' the room, and the tone becomes self-reinforcing.

A helper can play a roll in that tone if the model wishes. It's another difficult line, as a good helper should always be a representative of their models desires for the rooms feel, and not stamping the room into their own mode. One often has to make calls (banning, asking a member to not do something etc) that are in grey areas that the model may not have defined. I always feel very ginchy when having to make such actions, as I don't wish to make impressions on the room that are fully not in line with the models.

I tipped a model I'd never seen before...

Hey honestly, the most you could say is "[insert model name], I'm flattered you made me a room helper, but it's just not something I really want to do. Just accept my tokens as a sign of appreciation:)" I would still be appreciative even if you told me that! No big deal:D

Hey honestly, the most you could say is "[insert model name], I'm flattered you made me a room helper, but it's just not something I really want to do. Just accept my tokens as a sign of appreciation:)" I would still be appreciative even if you told me that! No big deal:D
Yes! But everyone thought it was hilarious so I didn't want to bring the room down. I think the whole thing was just some light-hearted fun. I hope.

I've never seen one saying "thank you" for tips that were given (which is good because, honestly, that would be strange), but I have seen the over-zealous banner spammers.
Hate that crap. The silly banner guys I hardly even notice anymore. But tip thankers make me fume. Not really sure why. Doesn't even need to be a helper to annoy me.

Hate that crap. The silly banner guys I hardly even notice anymore. But tip thankers make me fume. Not really sure why. Doesn't even need to be a helper to annoy me.
Do applause emotes upset you in the same way? Or is that ok? Not necessarily just from room mods but from a model's regulars.

Do applause emotes upset you in the same way? Or is that ok? Not necessarily just from room mods but from a model's regulars.

I'd like to hear opinions on this question also. I often use the applause emote to show that a new tipper in the room, or a small contribution tipper toward the count, and not a action/media purchase is appreciated and seen.

I'd like to hear opinions on this question also. I often use the applause emote to show that a new tipper in the room, or a small contribution tipper toward the count, and not a action/media purchase is appreciated and seen.

I think it's great when people acknowledge other tippers and this includes room helpers as well as other regulars or even members in the room. I don't think it should be a "Thank you, MemberA!" but rather the clap emote with their name and/or just saying something like, "Way to go!" However, I think this would be again, whatever is the preference of the model's room culture. In mine, I really enjoy this type of group effort and comradely. I also thank every tip and am animated about it and the kind of animation depends on if I'm doing my show or what not (if it's a super big, happy one or more of a softer smile during my show to not interrupt the flow). I think this also sets the example and culture of the room as well and my members follow suit. Here again, room culture ^^;

Emotes not really. I still think they are a little tacky, but they don't really bother me. More the text stuff, being openly thanked by name by some guy I don't know.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Myriads
It seems like room helpers are very much like football/soccer referees as you only ever notice the really shite ones haha. Anyone any good at it blends in and adds to the experiance

Reactions: ACFFAN69

The main room I frequent has a custom emote of the model clapping that gets used for pretty much every tip over 100 tokens, so to me it's weird when I go into rooms that don't do it. I think clap emotes are more along the lines of saying "good job" rather than thanking the person who tipped.

It seems like room helpers are very much like football/soccer referees as you only ever notice the really shite ones haha. Anyone any good at it blends in and adds to the experiance

That's an interesting analogy and I think an accurate one.
However, I think if you go to a room often enough you can figure out who the room helper usually is which is interesting to see how other members talk to one another when they think that person is a helper.

Just steer clear of big green grin; nobody likes it :D.

Yeah I tend to "lol" a lot in my posts. Probably because I don't take things too seriously, and people think it's a joke. I guess every forum has their own standard of rules. And yeah, I could see what you mean by that, a few people were particularly offended when I used that emoticon, or anything similar (lol?).

I think clap emotes are more along the lines of saying "good job" rather than thanking the person who tipped.

That's exactly how I see it too. And I don't just mean the room helpers. Several times I get members who urge shy newcomers to make a contribution, whilst that member rarely ever tipped a token. And honestly, it makes me feel really bad. The regular's the only complimentary one there and the newcomer's pressured to tip. And I can't be too denying because yeah... I'm there to make money.

I think it's great when people acknowledge other tippers...

I'd have to agree with you. I know some members get annoyed by applausers who don't tip, but at least they're working on getting along with each other and not sitting there like silent goats. I honestly hate quiet rooms because it makes me feel like the members don't want to chat with me (for whatever reason), and I feel like it definitely has something to do with my end. I applaud the ones who break the silence in public chat because (even though some of their yapping can get annoying at times), at least they're showing that they enjoy hanging out in my room and talking to me.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Yes! But everyone thought it was hilarious so I didn't want to bring the room down.

Lol this is why I never take the online world too seriously because people can be such intense assholes. If I were in your scenario, I'd jokingly announce, "So is everyone going to be after my ass now that I've declined the offer? lol" If they try to degrade you, tell them you've spent tokens whilst they've spent zilch. And honestly people act like asses just to kid; it's the internet, they can say whatever the hell they want. And really, it's also tough on the model's side because we receive the most share of hate if we don't meet people's standards or aren't "professional" at what we do. I've been on MFC for over 2 weeks and the amount of hostility I get on there is pretty bad, and I'm not that bad looking at all.

And yeah, I could see what you mean by that, a few people were particularly offended when I used that emoticon, or anything similar (lol?).

Angela, don't listen to JJTP. He was picking on you to an extent because of an inside joke on the forum. There was a girl who signed up here and would say the dumbest things in posts ... like "Why is this smiley GREEN!?!" into a rather serious and normal thread. You being new, of course, would not know that. So just ignore him.

As for people being offended about emoticons or similar: unless you use a rude emoticon (like a smiley flipping someone off or something mean like a black demon alien emote in a racial thread), no one is going to be offended. They will only be offended if something you say is mean, rude, ignorant, or whatever. So you don't have to worry about that.

@I_Am_Iris Thanks for the reply! Yeah I was confused by the "big green grin" part and had to look that up. If he thinks I'm the same person, he's definitely got that wrong. I'll try to be less gaudy with the stuff I say on here. Thanks for the heads up:)

@justjoinedtopost Oh yeah, and if anyone's "turding" posts on this forum, you ought to know it's you. Sad how you even berated someone's comment that wasn't even geared towards you, but was meant as a helpful post. And also, I'd watch out for the overusage of the turd button. I don't think anybody on here really likes it:) And if at all, try to take your anger someplace else.

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I used to do the clappy thanky thing when people tipped mainly because the previous mod did it and I thought that's what you had to do. The last six months though I've decided that maybe some people don't like it so I've stopped. I now only thank if I think the model hasn't noticed someone's tip.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I've never seen it happen but if a member thanked me for tipping a model, I think I'd be a bit weirded out. I'd be put in that unenviable position where I either have to say something that might appear rude and bring a negative energy to the room - "be quiet, mate, I didn't tip you, did I?" - or just say nothing and implicitly condone someone's strange behaviour that in all likelihood will cost the model they're trying to help a fair few tokens in the long run.

Regardless of intent, I think it kinda falls in with doods asking other members to tip. It's weird and annoying. If a member is asking folk to tip, I'll purposefully wait a few minutes before I do (if I was planning to) because I don't that member to think that he was responsible for me tipping (if anything, he's gonna be responsible for me not tipping). So when a room helper thanks a member for tipping, it's as if he's accepting some responsibility for that tip and thanking accordingly. Nothing good can come of it, ya know?

Edit: Clapping emotes are completely different though. You can applaud something that has nothing to do with you.

@justjoinedtopost Oh yeah, and if anyone's "turding" posts on this forum, you ought to know it's you. Sad how you even berated someone's comment that wasn't even geared towards you, but was meant as a helpful post. And also, I'd watch out for the overusage of the turd button. I don't think anybody on here really likes it:) And if at all, try to take your anger someplace else.
Lol. Thanks for the heads up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.