AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some models have Doppelgangers in their room??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen it happen but if a member thanked me for tipping a model, I think I'd be a bit weirded out. I'd be put in that unenviable position where I either have to say something that might appear rude and bring a negative energy to the room - "be quiet, mate, I didn't tip you, did I?" - or just say nothing and implicitly condone someone's strange behaviour that in all likelihood will cost the model they're trying to help a fair few tokens in the long run.

Regardless of intent, I think it kinda falls in with doods asking other members to tip. It's weird and annoying. If a member is asking folk to tip, I'll purposefully wait a few minutes before I do (if I was planning to) because I don't that member to think that he was responsible for me tipping (if anything, he's gonna be responsible for me not tipping). So when a room helper thanks a member for tipping, it's as if he's accepting some responsibility for that tip and thanking accordingly. Nothing good can come of it, ya know?

Edit: Clapping emotes are completely different though. You can applaud something that has nothing to do with you.
I'm going to clarify a bit here. Just straight up clapping emotes after a tip, or the nuclear blast gif, that stuff wasn't really what I was talking about. You worded what I was trying to say much better than I did.

3, maybe 4 times now, I have gone in and tipped, and had a helper that I did not know thank me personally and openly. Meant nothing by it, I know they were just wanting to see things pick up, but still...irks the hell out of me for some reason. If it had been just applause emotes minus my username, probably wouldn't have stuck with me.

Then there was another morning. A very slow day, I tipped a little, and wound up getting into some good chat with two of the model's helpers. Spent about an hour or so shooting the shit with them, while the model just watched (she chimed in every now and then, but that was about it). She finally decided to call it a day, sent me pm with a Thanks and one of the little hug emotes. Then one of the helpers thanked my by name. Then the other one said Thanks for the tips, and thanks for the chat. That actually felt pretty good.

Yeah, I read into it and it doesn't seem like all room helpers are the same. I've just saw a similar pattern in some of the top rooms and were wondering what they were. Guess now I know. And I honestly applaud many of them who are giving up their own time to do that for models. I would really be indebted to someone who did that for me, but I guess it takes a lot of respect to be gained.

Just being an actual friend... Apparently that's a rare thing these days? I also tend to do it when I'm on the computer photo or video editing, etc/doing other stuff "offline" for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.