AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

amazon wishlist

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that many of you ladies and others on mfc have amazon wish lists. I was wondering if people buy stuff for you often? How would I set it up so that they wouldnt see my actual shipping information?

Do a forum search for "amazon" and you'll find tons of threads all saying the same thing:

-there is no secure way to hide your address, so use a po box or remailing service!

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't think wishlists showed addresses, I assumed amazon had it and didn't disclose to the buyer. There are forwarding services you can use - you list their adress and pay a few dollars a package for them to forward it onto you.
Also saves you having to walk up to the post office counter and explain your drivers license says Sally J Citizen but the package is addressed to LuvCocks69

If you tell amazon to hide it, then all they get from amazon is city and state.

But if you let amazon give it to third party sellers, some of them will give your address to the person who purchased it.

And I remember a post on here somewhere (I think it's in the early days of "Ask a Model"), about a member here saying that he got a model's full shipping address when there was a problem with the order.

Hence why I say "there's is no secure way to hide your address"

• Helpful!
Reactions: madmolly
An alternative would be to accept Amazon e-gift cards instead. All that you need to provide is an e-mail address. If you have more than one e-mail address and would rather not give out your primary e-mail, just provide your alternate e-mail.

Some guys might say "But I'd rather just buy you the item you really wanted," but I really think an e-gift card makes a wonderful gift too, and I'd prefer the e-gift card anyway.

The_Brown_Fox said:
An alternative would be to accept Amazon e-gift cards instead. All that you need to provide is an e-mail address. If you have more than one e-mail address and would rather not give out your primary e-mail, just provide your alternate e-mail.

Some guys might say "But I'd rather just buy you the item you really wanted," but I really think an e-gift card makes a wonderful gift too, and I'd prefer the e-gift card anyway.
Yeah I got a model an amazon gift card for christmas - I'd rather she spend it on whatever she wants to than lingerie or toys for mfc like most guys like to buy, besides it avoided the whole address issue. I'd find it awkward to find shit like that out, better she just gets an instant email and buys what makes her happy.

Reactions: madmolly
Am I right in thinking that getting an Amazon giftcard would be a great alternative to getting tipped tokens? For a video, for example?
If I sell a video for 200 tokens normally, I could just say "...or buy me a $15 Amazon gift card instead". The guy would pay less than $20 and I would receive more than 10 dollars' worth that way..
Of course it doesn't help your camscore, but other than that it's a win-win-situation, isn't it?

@Lily - Only if you're normally spending that money on luxury items as opposed to rent/bills, in addition to the condition that the member is buying less than 900 token packages. It's good for cheap-asses (which admittedly a lot of members are, so you might be right), but for most loyal members of the site who spend most of the money, no.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Jupiter551 said:
I didn't think wishlists showed addresses, I assumed amazon had it and didn't disclose to the buyer. There are forwarding services you can use - you list their adress and pay a few dollars a package for them to forward it onto you.
Also saves you having to walk up to the post office counter and explain your drivers license says Sally J Citizen but the package is addressed to LuvCocks69
There have been instances where people get the full mailing address from the tracking links. It's never a good idea to use your home address because there is ALWAYS a chance someone will get it, even if it's initially hidden on the wishlist.

One of my regulars was able to extract my address from my wishlist after buying me something. So it's possible, he sent me another gift from another site without me ever giving him my address. Then he tried it again to send me another gift and he couldn't do it, so I have no idea what the conditions are that allow you to get the address, but it's possible.

Ok I am fully aware that I'm going a bit off topic here but...
Not having an Amazon wishlist honestly can help you establish yourself on MFC. Wishlist exchanges and purchases do not help your cam score. however tokens for videos and skypes do! Or whatever you plan to do with it.
Tokens help you buy things you want and also help build your future on the site. That's just me though and I actually don't really care for "things" and Gifts that much. When I had a package on my door every day but hadn't made my goal in two weeks I cut it off.

JoleneJolene said:
When I had a package on my door every day but hadn't made my goal in two weeks I cut it off.

THIS, in addition to the privacy issues mentioned above, is why I've decided not to bother with wish lists.

In my opinion, when you have expenses (food, rent, internet, etc.), getting tokens is better than getting frequent gifts from Amazon.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
LacieLaPlante said:
One of my regulars was able to extract my address from my wishlist after buying me something. So it's possible, he sent me another gift from another site without me ever giving him my address. Then he tried it again to send me another gift and he couldn't do it, so I have no idea what the conditions are that allow you to get the address, but it's possible.

Could you ask him how he found you? It does help if we know the precise conditions, so that we can prevent the conditions from being met if the model chooses to use the wishlist anyway.

My concern with PO Boxes would be that they still locate an approximate area, which could be all it takes in addition to cross-referencing your ramblings.

e.g. The model talks about working at a local pet shop, or some other exotic place
The model has an amazon wishlist that gives an approximate location in say, Florida.
The model also confirms the approximate location by mentioning other things, such as a very specific timezone.
There's only five local pet-shops in the region.
The member visits each of them, and eventually finds the model.

I don't think I've posed a very good scenario, but it does illustrate how sometimes even a vague reference could pose a risk. It's also why I consider amazon wishlists dangerous :/

You could always use edensfantasy, amazon-vouchers, actual tokens, Payoneer, etc.

Reactions: 1 person
I enjoyed buying gifts for models off their Amazon wishlist in the past, but it seems most have gone to the gift cards as said previously in this thread. I did once receive an email from a third party seller on Amazon with the girl's shipping address and was pretty surprised. I just put it out of mind and didn't tell her about it, which was probably not the best thing to do, looking back.

I tend to agree with Jolene and Fox, though. If the only option is a gift card, it feels rather impersonal to me as a guy, so I'd rather just spend that money on tokens to use on the model, which will probably end up helping her out more anyway.

I don't see it as impersonal to give a gift card, I think it's more personal because they can use it to buy anything they like, even stuff they might not normally put on a cam wishlist - it's for their pleasure not mine.

I don't think it's impersonal to show understanding that amazon wishlists poses a safety hazard. Amazon e-vouchers even gives the model the freedom to buy whatever they want/need. I consider that more personal than to buy what you think they want/need.

I like shopping, and often look at wishlists just to see what people want. I also know that you can find the address from any wishlist as well, because I had this happen several times with models who addresses I already had.

Yeah, but you can put a variety of different things on an Amazon wishlist, not just sex related items. I've bought girls DVDs, home decor, non-sexy clothes, etc before off of wish lists. Of course I realize it's a security risk and is probably the reason most of the girls decided to switch to gift cards. Totally understood. It's just the old Christmas time argument over whether or not to just get somebody a gift card rather than an actual gift, except in this example the person you're buying for actually tells you what they want. Personal preference. :)

dustinxxxizzle said:
Yeah, but you can put a variety of different things on an Amazon wishlist, not just sex related items. I've bought girls DVDs, home decor, non-sexy clothes, etc before off of wish lists. Of course I realize it's a security risk and is probably the reason most of the girls decided to switch to gift cards. Totally understood. It's just the old Christmas time argument over whether or not to just get somebody a gift card rather than an actual gift, except in this example the person you're buying for actually tells you what they want. Personal preference. :)

I think I commented on it because people want to buy the girl a sex related item - they have less interest in buying say, a book.

Reactions: dustinxxxizzle
I love getting things off my wishlist, but it happens incredibly, mind-blowingly rarely. I have received maybe 2 or 3 things ever. :) But I don't mind, I don't expect gifts, I don't ask for them and I sort of think of it as more of a fun window-shopping thing.

I don't do any sort of wish-list exchanges (I mean, the whole "If you get me something I'll send you pictures, open gifts on camera etc!" thing yes, but I don't do "Skype in exchange for gift cards" type of thing) because it's just too hard to keep track of.

I've always seen it as an option for someone to get me a present or something if they're the kind of person who likes getting people presents. I love giving presents to people, and I know I'm probably not alone in that, so I keep my wishlist up... :mrgreen:

dustinxxxizzle said:
It's just the old Christmas time argument over whether or not to just get somebody a gift card rather than an actual gift, except in this example the person you're buying for actually tells you what they want. Personal preference. :)
Sure, but the gift card argument usually revolves around the fact that you may have put less thought into selecting a gift - when you're given a list that's moot anyway. Also, to me the gift card at christmas debate is partially a result of knowing the friend or family member well, but neglecting to put thought into what they might like. With someone you know over the internet (esp. a cam site), chances are you don't HAVE a deep understanding of their life offline, what they like, etc.

I hate when someone asks me what I want for my birthday - not because I expect them to guess, but because put on the spot I just draw a blank. Same maybe with wishlists unless you update them every time you think of something. Gift cards give the leisure to browse and find something unexpected.

Reactions: LadyLuna
hornygods said:
@Lily - Only if you're normally spending that money on luxury items as opposed to rent/bills, in addition to the condition that the member is buying less than 900 token packages. It's good for cheap-asses (which admittedly a lot of members are, so you might be right), but for most loyal members of the site who spend most of the money, no.
Just to make that clear: I don't pay bills or rent, that's one of the few advantages of still living at home, so I really use my money to buy stuff at the moment. The gift certificate that somebody gave me yesterday enables me to finally get a certain toy - I'm still too much of a coward to visit our local sex shop, I online order toys online. Plus it was a 50 € gift certificate, so I wouldn't consider him a cheapass.
But if the situation was a bit different, I'd agree with you.

LilyMarie said:
hornygods said:
Just to make that clear: I don't pay bills or rent, that's one of the few advantages of still living at home, so I really use my money to buy stuff at the moment. The gift certificate that somebody gave me yesterday enables me to finally get a certain toy - I'm still too much of a coward to visit our local sex shop, I online order toys online. Plus it was a 50 € gift certificate, so I wouldn't consider him a cheapass.
But if the situation was a bit different, I'd agree with you.
My impression of Germany was that kinky sex was so normal there that they virtually give away dildos in cereal boxes :think:

Jupiter551 said:
My impression of Germany was that kinky sex was so normal there that they virtually give away dildos in cereal boxes :think:
:lol: I wish they would.
Or... no. That would be too weird.

- When I'm using a gift code that was sent to me via e-mail, there's no way the other person can see my address/name/city, right? I'm about to order, and right now I'm being paranoid again. :|

I get insanely excited about wishlist presents. My mailwoman can attest to this as she's gotten a few inappropriate hugs delivering things. Hehehe. I'm one of those girls that spends on everyone else and never feels quite right getting things for myself. So, it's a serious treat. Do girls open things on camera? That seems kind of braggy. Is it rude not to? I never have. I hope that doesn't make me look like a bad egg.

My approach is kind of careless as far as protecting my address goes, but I would like to point out that a few times the gifter's full name/address has been included on the packing slip. So, the risk goes both ways. If I were living in someone else's home or had children, I'd take the list down. It's a luxury not a necessity.

hornygods said:
The code they bought you cannot be connected to what you've bought with it. The system simply doesn't allow it.
But can it be connected to my address or my name? That's what I wanted to know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.