AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Food You Hated As A Kid But Now Enjoy?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potatoes... I simply didn't like them as a kid. Now I don't mind them at all - I especially like baked potatoes and potato salad. I'm still not a huge fan of fries, but that's because i generally don't eat a lot of greasy fried food. (Sometimes I'm in the mood for a poutine, though.)

Holiday thread resurrection...

Fruitcake

The good stuff. Not the crap with all the candied gummy fruit. Hated fruit cake as a kid but like the good stuff now.

Mincemeat pie. Sorta fruitcake but pie. Love it.

And Spumoni. Sorta fruitcake but ice cream.

So...holiday treats you like as an adult but hated as a kid?

Brussel sprouts!! I will demolish a whole pack of them now, covered in butter.

I love water chestnuts. Always have. Always will. I never knew they were hated so fiercely by so many! Lol

I hate red velvet cake.

For some reason my whole life almost I thought I hated guacamole and avacados in general. I tried them again like a year ago and love them hahaha.

• Funny!
Reactions: Lelo1
I've almost grown out of it but sour cream and onion chips. When I was little I was eating them in the car and got motion sickness. Lol never could eat them again . The smell alone omg.

That kinda thing happened to me with peanuts. I was like 8 years old and ate 2 whole bowls of peanuts and ended up throwing up in my sleep. I literally told people I was allergic to peanuts until I was like 10 just so people would quit asking me how I didn't like peanuts lol!

That kinda thing happened to me with peanuts. I was like 8 years old and ate 2 whole bowls of peanuts and ended up throwing up in my sleep. I literally told people I was allergic to peanuts until I was like 10 just so people would quit asking me how I didn't like peanuts lol!
oh that's so awful!!

Reactions: BadgirlIvy
My preferences have stayed pretty much the same. However, I will no longer cry if asked to eat a form of pork that isn't bacon. I still wouldn't really say I now enjoy it, for the most part. But when I was a kid, my parents did the whole "you have to have at least one bite" thing, and it'd take me an hour and half a bottle of ketchup to swallow a piece of sausage or pork chop or ham. I'll now occasionally eat some of those things by choice. It might just be the way my mom prepared them?

In the opposite direction, I now get grossed out even thinking about mushrooms. I used to love them. Even canned ones, somehow.
Mushrooms freaked me out as a kid but now, if cooked right, I love them

Hated asparagus, Brussels sprouts, Lima beans, sweet potatoes and eggs. Found out I love all of those except Lima beans. They can rot in hell. Apparently, if my mom wasn’t sure how to cook something, she would boil the shit out of it.blegh.

Roasted asparagus with Parmesan cheese and almonds= yum. I could eat sweet potatoes all day long. Brussels sprouts halved and roasted with thin sliced carrots and small chunks of sweet potato and some more yummy Parmesan cheese on top is my favorite snack. I love eggs! Just not runny yolks.

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT
I remembered tonight how gross I thought fish was when I was a kid. Turns out, I like a lot of fish just fine, and the problem was that my parents have no idea how to properly prepare fish.

Yellow mustard. I didn't like the sharp flavour, additionally I prefer brave condiments.

I hated most food, I think before I became a vegetarian as a tween I mostly ate chicken nuggets and bananas lol. Suprisingly, I now hate chicken nuggets and actually dislike chicken as a whole.

ANYTHING GREEN
All fruits except grapes and apples
Any food that touched another food
All fish
Coffee

Pregnancy took away my ability to eat these forever: ramen, egg drop soup, fried chicken, eggs, certain Chinese dishes, certain fast food burgers, certain types of noodles, most carbs

If you show me egg drop soup these days, I cannot be held liable for the vomit you will most certainly be covered in immediately.:hungover:

Essure took away my ability to eat: brownies, donuts, certain raw vegetables, spicey things, potatoes, carbs, caffeine, anything fried, anything made with vegetable oil

As a kid I was adventurous and had a stomach of steel, but I was also an extremely picky eater, so I'd try something once, but then possibly never eat it again. I even ate snake! Unfortunately my steel gut is no longer and I now fantasize about all the foods I can't eat, lmao. I do enjoy all green foods now, most fruits (well, as long as they aren't fresh or they're mixed with something), and I really enjoy fish. I still hate coffee (and can no longer drink it), but I did eventually find a way to tolerate coffee, but it was mostly sugar and cream with maybe a few spoonfuls of coffee.:eggface::hilarious:

Goulash! It was my sisters favorite dish and I hated it growing up! I've been craving it lately so I'm going to make a vegetarian version this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.