AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lag and cam-related issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you can't edit your post after that time. If you are not using "your" in the place of "you're" (what's happening merikahns?) I believe it is fine.

I'm trying to perv right now and having so many problems. The audio is skipping, video is freezing, and half the cams I try to view say "this model's webcam is having problems". I've had people complaining about laggy video in my room and I honestly thought it was their problem because my connection always says "excellent" and other members say they have no problems in my room. But now I think I will e-mail MFC, even though I'm sure they will tell me it's my internet.

MadisonLeigh said:
I'm trying to perv right now and having so many problems. The audio is skipping, video is freezing, and half the cams I try to view say "this model's webcam is having problems". I've had people complaining about laggy video in my room and I honestly thought it was their problem because my connection always says "excellent" and other members say they have no problems in my room. But now I think I will e-mail MFC, even though I'm sure they will tell me it's my internet.

This worries me. When I get on tonight, I won't be on long if that's happening. I'll have to cam elsewhere and ask someone on Twitter to tweet me when things are normal in MFC models' rooms. I can't have my cam score dropping due to MFC being screwy.

Usually MFC's response is to clear your cache and cookies and to try a different browser. But I'm sure they realize by now that this goes beyond clearing cache and cookies, and using a different browser. LOL.

I e-mailed MFC and sent them a link to this thread (I hope that was ok) because I wanted to show them that a lot of people are having issues and it's not just me. This is the response I received:

"the problem mentioned in that forum has been fixed

everything is working as well as it always has been now"

Reactions: schlmoe
MadisonLeigh said:
I e-mailed MFC and sent them a link to this thread (I hope that was ok) because I wanted to show them that a lot of people are having issues and it's not just me. This is the response I received:

everything is working as well as it always has been now
That's quite funny!

Thanks for trying! Did the email come from your prem or model acct?

I sent it from the e-mail address that I use for both my accounts, and told them I was having issues with viewing cams as a premium and with members being able to view me when I'm broadcasting. I sent it to the model support e-mail address that's in the wiki.

Reactions: schlmoe
MadisonLeigh said:

Dear MFC... "the problem mentioned in that forum has been fixed" BULLSHIT. The problem has NOT been fixed. [Unless this was AFTER I got off cam, which was currently about 9 hours ago] You guys make a fuck shit ton of money. Might I suggest you start slapping an extra portion of that into fixing your shit? Because saying it's fixed, is the biggest lie I've heard in awhile... Unless of course you're pretending to be Pinocchio?

As far as the "everything is working as well as it always has been now" I laughed so hard, I almost pissed my pants.
That mean's it's hardly working, right?

I wish you would FINALLY treat your models, && members;; both the people who fill your pockets with dinero, with a little more respect, && act like we're intelligent beings. Cause, really... We're not as dumb as you seem to think we are. But thanks for actually adressing our concerns!! :)

SYKE.

Thanks Madison for trying. :).

I won't repeat what others have said, but yes on all counts of it being a good majority of my room cannot view cams. I'm so tired of people thinking I've banned them and getting bitched out for it and all the people that come in and say 'eva fix your cam' 'your cam isn't working' 'where is eva' 'eva can you get your cam to work'

Emailed them about 4 days ago, got this quick response and trashed it 30 seconds later:
Please restart your computer, modem, and router if you have one. We can also suggest that you temporarily disable any firewall, internet security, or virus scanning software to see if that helps.

If you're on a wireless connection, try plugging directly into your router or modem. Please be sure that no one on your network is downloading files or streaming media while you're trying to cam.

Really? Just sent a second one stating it's confirmed other models, my internet is fine, and asking what they are going to do about it. I typed and dictated it while on cam tonight and tons of people tipped me for it, hahaha. We'll see if I get another generic this-model-that-has-never-used-"internet"-before-knows-nothing response.

while I no longer have the choppy video and audio problem previously discussed (knock on wood) , other members who had no problems at the time I did are now experiencing the same types of problems I had before, there is still an occasional problem with the cam loading, it sometimes takes multiple resets of the video (off/on) to finally get the cam to load. It has been worse for others, seems like the problem only transferred to other servers that previously worked OK. Only time will tell if they finally knuckle down and FIX the whole system. WHILE THE MEMBERS AND MODELS CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE THESE TYPES OF PROBLEMS i CAN ONLY SEE A REDUCTION IN PROFITS FOR MODELS AND MFC. Hope that all gets updated and starts running smoothly for all. Good luck.

This is incredibly funny and tragic at the same time, actually it's more tragic because they are ignoring the group responsible for drawing traffic to their site - the models.

Please restart your computer, modem, and router if you have one. We can also suggest that you temporarily disable any firewall, internet security, or virus scanning software to see if that helps.

If you're on a wireless connection, try plugging directly into your router or modem. Please be sure that no one on your network is downloading files or streaming media while you're trying to cam.

This is a standard "Level 1" Help Desk script. It is most likely c/p into an email, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an automated response generated by a key-word scan of the original complaint email. I have more than a passing aquintance with these scripts, and I'll tell you that this is always the first step that most enterprise level support departments use. They hope that the "problem" is intermittent, and in the time it takes the "user" to follow all the steps, the problem resolves on it's own volition. Unfortunately, that's all we get from MFC. (protip: when calling your ISP with a problem, be wary if they say "Let me try to optimize your line/connection". "Optimize" is code for throttling down your speed in hopes that jitter or other line noise will be reduced)

while I no longer have the choppy video and audio problem previously discussed (knock on wood) , other members who had no problems at the time I did are now experiencing the same types of problems I had before, there is still an occasional problem with the cam loading, it sometimes takes multiple resets of the video (off/on) to finally get the cam to load. It has been worse for others, seems like the problem only transferred to other servers that previously worked OK. Only time will tell if they finally knuckle down and FIX the whole system. WHILE THE MEMBERS AND MODELS CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE THESE TYPES OF PROBLEMS i CAN ONLY SEE A REDUCTION IN PROFITS FOR MODELS AND MFC. Hope that all gets updated and starts running smoothly for all. Good luck.

Last night I was in 4 rooms. 2 were good, 1 had intermittent issues that settled down, 1 was unwatchable. In one room that was good for me, a member PM'd me to say he was getting no video. All but 1 were above 10k camscores. Maybe the few members who complained didn't affect their income, I don't know. What I do know, is that the nature of the problem is so intermittent, it might affect all models at one time or another.
This is not a slam at the models here, but to use JJ's analogy of the beauty salon, it's time for MFC to fix the hole in the roof so the clients don't get rained on.

WHILE THE MEMBERS AND MODELS CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE THESE TYPES OF PROBLEMS i CAN ONLY SEE A REDUCTION IN PROFITS FOR MODELS AND MFC

I respectfully disagree:

*1. I'm not losing a dime (or a nickle, lol) over this. In fact, I may even save money.
*2. MFC may not lose any money, as they already have my money, and your money.
*3. MFC gets new members every day (100's, 1000's? Who knows, but I bet it's a lot)
*4. Unspent tokens do not hurt MFC at all
*5. If a model's income suffers due to this problem, that is less money MFC pays out (see #2)
*6. If some models and/or members leave due to this, MFC may make more money. Less spent on bandwidth (OK, maybe that's a stretch)

It looks like that the MFC business model is to provide less than the minimum level of support. They have no incentive to do otherwise. Don't take this as a slam towards MFC, I'd just like to see an improvement. I wish they would have spent their IT budget on things that matter, like this video stream issue. Instead, we get enhancements like: "HD" that causes it's own set of issues (and is not even close to HD), emotes in tip notes, and public tip notes. I'm being a smart ass on the last two, but those changes were not free.

This may not mean anything, but I do know it's possible to have decent streaming video. I have NBA League Pass (broadband), and have viewed 6 games simulteneously, along with a live ESPN chat. While I can't say it was true HD, all the games were crystal clear with no "lag", and the windows were larger than the "big" MFC video window. I've also seen a different cam site with crystal clear video. I get all this on a connection that tops out at 10 mbps (no fios or fiber here).

Even if the MFC PTB do know about the issue, and even if they are trying to fix things...they sure are taking their sweet time. A short time ago, there was all sorts of clambering to sign petitions for an item that did not have an affect on their income. I wonder if an e-petition would let the PTB see that it's not fixed, that it's not an isolated incident, and "people are mad as hell". Of course if this gets off the ground, it would have to include actual model screen names, and actual member user names. Additionally, it would have more impact if it did not include a bunch of "fuck you's" and "you shitty ass MOFO's".

That argument would work well if the notion that members would continue purchasing tokens (at the same rate) without the expenditure of tokens were true. Due to the 80/20 rule, even if only a minority is affected, depending on who it's affecting, it could still pose a threat to the income of models/MFC.

It may be more problematic for models who are affected by the 'The model's webcam is having some PROBLEMS' error - members may be more likely to give up and press the 'Next' button.

Here is the email I sent them last nighttttt.. (my second email to them about this issue):
I was curious if you had any information regarding an excess amount of people unable to view my cam. They are constantly having to refresh to receive my cam feed. I am fully confident that it is not my internet because members have told me this is happening in other rooms. My internet exceeds what is needed for my cam feed and my router/wireless network is performing well. I'm getting rather agitated having to repeatedly tell people that I have not banned them and that I have no clue what is going on. Is there anything that I can do to help the situation or pass on to other members?

Thanks so much!

Here is there shit ass response:
we are looking into the issue

if something like this happens again, please restart your computer and that should fix it

It's seriously typed like that, too. If anyone wants a screenshot let me know. Does there support team even know a thing about computers?! :lol:

I was checking my MFC mail when I noticed this. I think it was just me because she went group right after I took this picture. The preview of her cam was working though. I opened up the lounge found several other rooms the same. If top row models are glitching you would think MFC would be concerned about it.

k4Fv4.jpg

Shaun__ said:
I was checking my MFC mail when I noticed this. I think it was just me because she went group right after I took this picture. The preview of her cam was working though. I opened up the lounge found several other rooms the same. If top row models are glitching you would think MFC would be concerned about it.

k4Fv4.jpg
It wasn't just you. Pretty much everyone, including myself had to turn the video off and on again to get it to work.

Reactions: Shaun__
JoleneJolene said:
It wasn't just you. Pretty much everyone, including myself had to turn the video off and on again to get it to work.

I tried refreshing several time with no improvement. It just seems wrong for a cam site to have trouble streaming video, when they are as big as MFC.

Reactions: SophiaLocke
It's odd - on certain settings, it would function correctly when loaded in lounge. I think under 'Friends' or 'New Models' (not sure which), the cam never fails to load. MFC should be more concerned about this, given that it's not secluded to low-earners.

Took me 3 attempts to log in today before people could see my cam. Anddd.. tested before hand, I could only see 4 cams working out of 12 on the first row. Fail.

EvaLee said:
Took me 3 attempts to log in today before people could see my cam. Anddd.. tested before hand, I could only see 4 cams working out of 12 on the first row. Fail.
I took me a total of 10 times between two shows to get my cam to work when logging on last night. On the software I kept getting the "loading (90)" too.

Yeah...last night when Jalyn & Aspen were on together, there were 3000+ people in their room...and more than half of the chatters were unable to see the cam feed. I had to literally turn it on and off again more than 30 times before I was able to see it.

Ummm...hello MFC? 3000 people!!!

Miss_Heidi said:
Yeah...last night when Jalyn & Aspen were on together, there were 3000+ people in their room...and more than half of the chatters were unable to see the cam feed. I had to literally turn it on and off again more than 30 times before I was able to see it.

It's quite likely that the increased number of connection request has a negative result. For me once I got a cam loaded I don't have any trouble with it.

Furthermore I have noticed something strange happening recently when I tip. Sometimes when I have multiple windows with MFC open and I tip someone the tip won't appear in the chat. The model can see it but me but other members and myself cannot see it. Has anyone else experienced this?

BoltEyeAm said:
Miss_Heidi said:

It's quite likely that the increased number of connection request has a negative result. For me once I got a cam loaded I don't have any trouble with it.

Furthermore I have noticed something strange happening recently when I tip. Sometimes when I have multiple windows with MFC open and I tip someone the tip won't appear in the chat. The model can see it but me but other members and myself cannot see it. Has anyone else experienced this?

I can confirm that.

I finally stopped watching a few top 20 models yesterday due to having to turn the video feed on and off so many times. It has to be a problem with their servers since its intermittent and doesn't affect the whole chat at once. I also noticed tips not showing for the chat in a few rooms. All the guys that tipped claim they hadn't made the tip invisible to the room, so they should have been showing. I really wish they would just admit there was a problem on their end so we didn't all feel like we were taking crazy pills. :banghead:

@ schlmoe
while you may disagree, once a member is out of tokens, if they are experiencing the problems described by numerous members and models, there is no reason for those members to purchase additional tokens for crappy product, thus a REDUCTION IN PROFITS for both MFC and the MODELS. If a member is on the fence about buying additional tokens , poor video/audio and difficulty in even being able to get a models cam to load is a BIG deterrent to further purchases. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Sia Green
When the feed is working for me, it has been working great. On occasion when I enter a model's room (the past couple of days) I see the "problem" message. What I have found that works every time (knock on wood) is to load the model's room via the lounge (it doesn't appear to work), then click on the "go to her chatroom" link at the bottom. It then loads immediately. Obviously this is a shitty way to get it to work, and they should definitely get it fixed. But I thought I should mention it so people can give it a try.
I have seen a few models have the trouble being seen and heard when they first log in. It's frustrating for them and can mess up the normally happy start of a cam session.

Reactions: MrRodry
About a week ago I was having problems a few of the guys in my room couldnt see or hear me right one guy really couldnt hear me at all. I kept closing and restarting my cam and was so frustrated I knew it wasnt me because some guys could see and hear me perfectly. It just really pissed me off!

bud9752 said:
@ schlmoe
while you may disagree, once a member is out of tokens, if they are experiencing the problems described by numerous members and models, there is no reason for those members to purchase additional tokens for crappy product, thus a REDUCTION IN PROFITS for both MFC and the MODELS. If a member is on the fence about buying additional tokens , poor video/audio and difficulty in even being able to get a models cam to load is a BIG deterrent to further purchases. :twocents-02cents:

Both you and hornygods disagree with my statements, and there's nothing wrong with that. I believe we are closer than we are further apart, and maybe I did not express my self properly.
bud9752 said:
once a member is out of tokens, if they are experiencing the problems described by numerous members and models, there is no reason for those members to purchase additional tokens for crappy product

If a member is on the fence about buying additional tokens , poor video/audio and difficulty in even being able to get a models cam to load is a BIG deterrent to further purchases.
I totally agree with those 2 statements.
bud9752 said:
REDUCTION IN PROFITS for both MFC and the MODELS
Here is where we disagree: My contention is that only the model's income suffers

Example #1: Say that you and I and hornygods either leave MFC on a temporary basis, and we have a 100 token balance. Maybe we check back in 30 days. In that 30 days, that is $15 dollars MFC did not pay out. Maybe there are thousands of us, maybe we left quite a bit more than a 100 token balance. Maybe while we are gone, we find something else to occupy our time. Using your point, if I have 10 or 100 tokens in my account, I'm not going to tip for something I can't see. In my view, I'd rather leave them in my account (and try weeks later) than to tip for a crappy product. Who is hurt here? Not MFC, they already got paid, and they did not have to pay out to the models for our token balance.

Real world example: Every state has an unclaimed funds website where they list abandoned bank accounts, etc. While the individual amounts may be small, the total is immense. Who's to say a similar situation is not happening here?

Example #2: Say that you and I and hornygods get so fed up that we tip out our account and leave permanently. My contention is that there are 100's (more likely 1000's) of new prems every day. Maybe they only get the $20 package. That is more than enough money that MFC gets to make up for us leaving. Since we all know the average new member tips less than a "regular", who gets hurt here? Again, not MFC.

Example #3: Say the 3 of us have left MFC. The hundreds or thousands of new prems bought there tokens, maybe bought some more. Maybe they have the same complaints we have. MFC still wins, they won as soon as we see the CC confirmation page, and they'll win again if there are unspent tokens (no model payout), and yet again when the automated email tells the complaining member that there are no refunds on tokens.

I really do think MFC is working on the problem (I'm an optimist, so sue me). But with all the new traffic brought in by the "FREE", and all the new token buyers, MFC's business model does not force them to fix things (spend money) quickly. My main point is the reason they don't listen/care about our complaints is that the new members will more than make up for the loss of our (future) business. One last time, who suffers financially?

It is very possible that I am totally off base on this, and/or you still disagree with me. That's OK. But it doesn't make us any less pissed off on what's going on here.

BoltEyeAm said:
I do not believe that room count is that much of a factor. If that were the case, all lower camscore and/or lower room count rooms would be perfect, and that is not happening. IMO, it is a "whole site" issue which can affect all rooms at one time or another, intemittently.
BoltEyeAm said:
It did not happen to me, but in a room I was in last night a few members complained that there tip did not show up in the room chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.