AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lag and cam-related issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to maintain cashflow - if they're expending and not receiving, they can and probably will go bust. It's not only the models they're paying - the advertisement, social networking, infrastructure, website, admin costs, etc. - it may be small individual sums, but the accumulated figure totals a considerable amount. It's important to note that MFC members won't continue purchasing tokens if they're not getting anything for it.

It's a bit far-fetched to postulate that MFC will be greatly affected by this issue if it's only temporary, but it still affects their income. We understand that they're not going to lose money from this, they're simply going to have faltered earning potential.

Marokite said:
When the feed is working for me, it has been working great. On occasion when I enter a model's room (the past couple of days) I see the "problem" message. What I have found that works every time (knock on wood) is to load the model's room via the lounge (it doesn't appear to work), then click on the "go to her chatroom" link at the bottom. It then loads immediately. Obviously this is a shitty way to get it to work, and they should definitely get it fixed. But I thought I should mention it so people can give it a try.
I have seen a few models have the trouble being seen and heard when they first log in. It's frustrating for them and can mess up the normally happy start of a cam session.

Saw some premiums saying that the Popup Chat Room option works too.

I believe this lag issue may chase away new premiums/new regulars.

Oddly enough, I've seen the problem screen more when I pop-up a chat room vs loading the room in the homepage.

schlmoe said:
BoltEyeAm said:
It's quite likely that the increased number of connection request has a negative result. For me once I got a cam loaded I don't have any trouble with it.
I do not believe that room count is that much of a factor. If that were the case, all lower camscore and/or lower room count rooms would be perfect, and that is not happening. IMO, it is a "whole site" issue which can affect all rooms at one time or another, intemittently.
BoltEyeAm said:
Furthermore I have noticed something strange happening recently when I tip. Sometimes when I have multiple windows with MFC open and I tip someone the tip won't appear in the chat. The model can see it but me but other members and myself cannot see it. Has anyone else experienced this?
It did not happen to me, but in a room I was in last night a few members complained that there tip did not show up in the room chat.

It seems to be a very specific thing causing it and It seems to be related to having multiple browsers open with MFC loaded up. I haven't figured it out what it is exactly but every time It has happened I have had different rooms open in multiple browser instances, then if I closed all the other rooms/browsers and tip again it appears as normal.

Maybe I'll do some experimentation later.

HornyFella84 said:
Maybe MFC should take more than 50% of money from models?
So they could afford to fix server.

:lol: Yes, I'm sure it's because they are broke. Poor MFC.

HornyFella84 said:
Maybe MFC should take more than 50% of money from models?
So they could afford to fix server.

LOL! Now don't go talking that crazy talk! :lol: MFC is a huge, very popular site that's bringing in tons of money for itself. I'd hate to see it stoop to Streamate's level (also a popular, high traffic site) and pay models 35% (Ouch!).

And taking more of our pay just means that we'll probably be making our room topic countdowns to topless/naked/oil/etc. a little higher, start charging you guys more for videos, raffle tickets, etc., and start increasing our minimum token requirements for private shows and Skype shows. So be careful what you wish for.

Question for all the models that this has been happening to:

Has your bandwidth stayed at a consistent level?

I noticed mine the other day would go from 200 kb, to 1900 kb. BACK && FORTH in a matter of like 30 seconds, ALL NIGHT WTF. I speed tested quite a few times, while live on MFC, && not live on MFC, && my upload was over 3 megs, like it always is. && it was like that every time... So I am further confused?

BTW: Normally, I am always in the 1700 - 1900 range, && my feed always says excellent....

Indeed - that's the first thing I use to gauge whether I'm receiving stuttering/poor feed or not. I check my bandwidth usage. It's usually between 150-250kb/s when it stutters a lot, and 700kb/s+ when it has perfect synchronization with no buffering at all.

SNATCH said:
Question for all the models that this has been happening to:

Has your bandwidth stayed at a consistent level?

I noticed mine the other day would go from 200 kb, to 1900 kb. BACK && FORTH in a matter of like 30 seconds, ALL NIGHT WTF. I speed tested quite a few times, while live on MFC, && not live on MFC, && my upload was over 3 megs, like it always is. && it was like that every time... So I am further confused?

BTW: Normally, I am always in the 1700 - 1900 range, && my feed always says excellent....
I notice this anytime when MFC is being wonky. just so all the members know, we have a bandwidth number in the model software and web browser, not the same as what some of you are looking at.

Are you guys still having trouble with this?

My room numbers tonight have been half of what they are normally and I keep getting PMs saying 'it says your cam is off' wtf?

Lovely, what the fuck.

There's nothing I can do, everything on my end has been fine and checked over and over again. MFC just keeps requesting that I restart my comp. -.-

EvaLee said:
Lovely, what the fuck.

There's nothing I can do, everything on my end has been fine and checked over and over again. MFC just keeps requesting that I restart my comp. -.-

We have all been getting this for the last couple weeks, it's getting old yes but if you tell anyone having issues to turn the video on and off a bunch until it works that should clear it up. I actually wrote out the instructions in word and just keep copy/pasting whenever someone asks.

It seems to be worse today/tonight than its been since this last round started 2ish [?] weeks ago.... at least for me. The chat is always fine and I haven't had but maybe a room or 2 per day that have any loading issues with the cam feed. That was easily rectified with the on/off button. Today I had to on/off some times as many as 5-6 times before it would give me a pic and it was very wide spread across the world and not isolated to a single region. Pretty sad for a site that used to boast being created and run by techies. :snooty:

Well fuckshitass. That just makes me NOT want to get on. BLAH.

Also models... I have noticed when I refresh... On my ened, everything looks fine, it says I'm live. I am talking. Noone talks. Dead silent. Then I notice under my camfeed it says loading [90].

Super frustrating.

Reactions: CassieRamone
hornygods said:
I've got a brief question - what's worse, camfeed that doesn't load at all (unless lucky) or camfeed that simply stutters a lot?

To me... stutters is worse than not loading.

1. It's easier for the model to tell about not loading then stuttering (the whole, Loading(90) thing at the bottom gives it away)

2. I've had guys try to take me private when it stuttered, that's where 90% of the short privates where nothing is said and probably never loaded for the guy came from. I still got tokens for them, and any guy who contact me about it saying the cam never loaded I'd email MFC to give them their money back, but I don't know how many actually got them.

3. Stutter is more annoying to attempt to watch than nothing. It's why, when a game is laggy, I'd rather not play it.

On the model end, the difference is between not getting money (not loading), and not getting money but having to deal with pissed off members who think it's our fault (stutter).

I think there might be several issues going on in addition to the webcam feed not showing. The other day I logged in via the web broadcaster and everything looked fine on my end except there was no one in my room. Guys were pm'ing asking when I was getting on. Uh, Im on now. :woops: I had to sign in and out 6 times before it showed me as being online. This crap is getting ridiculous.

Dear MFC: Just an official confirmation in the model news "We are experiencing some technical issues with the website. We are working on the problem. Thank you for your patience" would be really nice. I hate that they're pretending like nothings wrong on their end.

They finally got tired of me emailing them I guess and emailed them a 3rd time after I was unable to log in 6 times and half the room couldn't see me..

we are still looking into it

Is all I got in return, typed just like that. Ahahahah. Oh well. I hope this is fixed soon, it's getting really depressing and upsetting having to reassure about 30 people a day that I haven't banned them and I still like them. :-(

Oh and quick edit: a bunch of the members of my room emailed support reporting the issue and they were told just to restart their router + computer.

4 models online from my friends list and all of them are lagging really bad. :(
Sure would be nice if mfc would keep us informed if they are trying to fix problems. :crybaby:

holy hell did we have issues tonight. No one could get our cams to load.. some could, some couldn't. Refreshing cam just made it worse or it would stay frozen

I can't do shit with it like this! I don't know anythin to fix it and the guys just fill my chat with 'frozen' 'just so you know cam is off" "frozen for me"

Clearly the cam is not off cos chat is happening without you, and people are tipping...

I get so upset when they think its on my end and its NOT!!

mfc please get you shit together. I had 2000 + people in my room earlire and dropped to 700 due to these issues.

SoTxBob said:
Pretty sad for a site that used to boast being created and run by techies. :snooty:

That is kind of a silly thing to boast about... Isn't it a given that an internet based company would be created and ran by techies?

EvaLee said:
it's getting really depressing and upsetting having to reassure about 30 people a day that I haven't banned them and I still like them. :-(
Your members have clearly never been banned from someones room like I have :dance:
It looks totally different.

Reactions: SoTxBob
BoltEyeAm said:
SoTxBob said:
Pretty sad for a site that used to boast being created and run by techies. :snooty:

That is kind of a silly thing to boast about... Isn't it a given that an internet based company would be created and ran by techies?

EvaLee said:
it's getting really depressing and upsetting having to reassure about 30 people a day that I haven't banned them and I still like them. :-(
Your members have clearly never been banned from someones room like I have :dance:
It looks totally different.

Yes, being banned looks different. Makes me think being banned is less common that I thought, if all those people do not know what it looks like.

BoltEyeAm said:
Have you seen some of these idiots who've come here advertising their new cam sites? Some of them don't seem to know jacksquat, lol.

Reactions: Shaun__ and SoTxBob
AmberCutie said:
BoltEyeAm said:
Have you seen some of these idiots who've come here advertising their new cam sites? Some of them don't seem to know jacksquat, lol.
Agreed. Every day some dude thinks they will be able to start a new cam site without having any technical chops and posts something on a freelancer site like this. $1500-$2k for an end to end solution? Good luck there buddy. That's not even get out of bed in the morning money for any developer worth his salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.