AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lag and cam-related issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HornyFella84 said:
Still cant get to MFC :eek:

Is it down for maintenance?

No problem at all.. been on several times since 6am today... at this posting theres 1119 models online.

SoTxBob said:
HornyFella84 said:
Still cant get to MFC :eek:

Is it down for maintenance?

No problem at all.. been on several times since 6am today... at this posting theres 1119 models online.

Okay :eek:

So wierd. Now it works finally! so freaking wierd. :(
Computer stuff is madness.

I haven't had nearly as many comments/complains in my room in the last couple weeks about video issues. I'm sure it hasn't gone away completely, but hopefully it's eased up some for most people.

Man, that sucks. I heard that a lot of models are having issues with Streamate too.

In the last week or so, I'm seeing a lot of situations where the video feed will pause, then go into double-speed, then it seems OK for a moment, plus the audio and video are often out of sync. It seems like once I've been in a room a while it settles down, but it also doesn't seem to have anything to do with connection quality on the model side. Are these the sort of symptoms others are seeing, or is this something else?

Something else on my end. It is laggy video and choppy sound on cams that would work fine in the past and some, not all of them, HD cams (they were the laggy ones in the past) working fine nowdays. :think:

I'm not sure if it's me, but it's becoming an issue again. It's not very reassuring when I can hardly hear through the stuttering feed.

Does it affect anyone else, or is it just me?

I got some stuttering today .. seemed to be random rooms with no geographical pattern or have anything to do with numbers in the room.

BarbieChuu said:
Do any other ladies here notice a huge bandwidth drop when you're on cam? hence the lag for members?
idk wtf it is. maybe it's my laptop but one minute its fine, then the next it's shitty.

YES YES YESSSSSSSSS. I will go anywhere from 200 to 2000 to anywhere in between. I am so tired of everyone thinking it's me. It's so fucking frustrating, I just want to punch someone in the dick. I've tested everything. It's MFC. I use the software. I have found that when I use the web browser, it's like 60 times worse, && people in my room say that it's worse also. :(.

hornygods said:
I'm not sure if it's me, but it's becoming an issue again. It's not very reassuring when I can hardly hear through the stuttering feed.

Does it affect anyone else, or is it just me?

It cleared up for like three days for me. Other than that, I've been having this problem since the first post in this thread. IDK wtf to do anymore! :(.

It's really hard to try to booty shake when the cam lags bad enough that it says my bandwidth is 300. Grrrrrr.

I'll be interested to see the feedback since last nights re-do of the MFC window. For me, today its jumpier than ever. Not major jumping, but enough to not be a smooth feed like it used to be. Also, the chat is being very temperamental.... if I wanna look at the older conversation, the new post grabs the bar away from my cursor and forces it down to the new post. Yah.. Grrrrrrrrr :angry4: :angry4:

Does anyone know what the light blue / white avatar hi-light boxes mean ? Seems to make the 'just signed on yellow' stand out a bit more.

Reactions: WickedTouch
SoTxBob said:
Does anyone know what the light blue / white avatar hi-light boxes mean ? Seems to make the 'just signed on yellow' stand out a bit more.
I was wondering the same thing, it doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason to it either.

Reactions: SoTxBob
morment said:
SoTxBob said:
I was wondering the same thing, it doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason to it either.

:think: Yeah... nice new colours and some tinkering with the chat window displays too I see, but a much better idea would have been to splash some cash on a new server farm... and eh... soon guys!!! :roll:

... but we won't hold our breath on that one... :lol:

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: SoTxBob
I've had really bad lagging issues the last couple of days.
Glad it's not just me, it's been driving me mad!

I prefer the browser based interface but I think I'll be switching back to the old software to try to help things.

Also, has it been super quiet on MFC this week or is that just me??! :crybaby:

Mags
xox

Magenta said:
Glad it's not just me, it's been driving me mad!.

Very slow for several friends of mine.... yet last night was better than the previous by a few hundred tokies for a couple of them.

SoTxBob said:
I'll be interested to see the feedback since last nights re-do of the MFC window. For me, today its jumpier than ever. Not major jumping, but enough to not be a smooth feed like it used to be. Also, the chat is being very temperamental.... if I wanna look at the older conversation, the new post grabs the bar away from my cursor and forces it down to the new post. Yah.. Grrrrrrrrr :angry4: :angry4:

I have noticed that what happens in most rooms now since they stupidly redid the chat windows, is that it will pause, then go into hyperspeed. The video feed I mean. I know someone posted about that before, && I never noticed it before, but now it's all everything does. WTFFFF.

Magenta said:
Glad it's not just me, it's been driving me mad!

I prefer the browser based interface but I think I'll be switching back to the old software to try to help things.

Mags
xox

&& yeah, it has been slow as FUCK. The other day, I had over 250 people in my room... THE MOST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER HAD, && NOT ONE ASSHOLE FAGGOT COCKSUCKER WAS TALKING TO ME. I was like reallllly assholes? But it's been redic trying to get people to tip. I asked for five people to tip 10 tokens each. NADA.

Do any of you know what the lagging has to do with? Is it MFC or does it have to do with your home connection and laptop? It seems like ever since i bought a new laptop, ive had issues here and there. But then there will be days when il see no lagging on my end, but few members, not all, will say its lagging for them. Im constantly asking the room "hey guys, am i lagging at all??" LOL Some say yes, some say no. Its very frustrating cuz im sure it sends people to another room that isnt lagging in a heartbeat.

AmyValentine85 said:
Do any of you know what the lagging has to do with? Is it MFC or does it have to do with your home connection and laptop? It seems like ever since i bought a new laptop, ive had issues here and there. But then there will be days when il see no lagging on my end, but few members, not all, will say its lagging for them. Im constantly asking the room "hey guys, am i lagging at all??" LOL Some say yes, some say no. Its very frustrating cuz im sure it sends people to another room that isnt lagging in a heartbeat.
I believe you all have a transfer rate in your model broadcasters that tells you the quality of the connection between you and MFC. If MFC is telling you it's a good connection, and someone in your room is complaining, it's highly likely that it's them and not you. Even members can see an indication of the quality of the model's connection to MFC on the model's menu.

It's the nature of the internet that not everyone will have the same quality connection. If MFC is telling you your connection is good, there's not much else you're going to be able to do.

I must be VERY fortunate because I haven't experienced most of the problems others face. And, I'm surprised that I don't. My setup is iPad 2, wifi via basic Comcast internet, using iSwifter browser whoch supports flash. Go figure!

Kradek said:
AmyValentine85 said:
I believe you all have a transfer rate in your model broadcasters that tells you the quality of the connection between you and MFC. If MFC is telling you it's a good connection, and someone in your room is complaining, it's highly likely that it's them and not you. Even members can see an indication of the quality of the model's connection to MFC on the model's menu.

It's the nature of the internet that not everyone will have the same quality connection. If MFC is telling you your connection is good, there's not much else you're going to be able to do.

Yes, we have a thing that tells us what our bandwidth is. The only thing is, that it's fucked on MFC's end. I know it doesn't have shit to do with my connection, because I have tried EVERYTHING, including hardwiring my connection, just to see. Whenever I speedtest, my DL is about 23 - 25, && my UL is between 3 - 3.25. Which is the same it's ALWAYS been. Half the time, MFC tells me my bandwidth is like 1,8xx && it's lagging like a mother.

Most of the time, when I ask people, they say I am lagging. Recently, some have said that I'm not, when on my end I am. So that's fairly recent for me. But I will watch my bandwidth go from like 200 to 1800 in a matter of seconds, no in between. I'm getting so fucking sick of it.

The stuttering feed has returned for me. I've had it for the past week. I can't hang out in a room without the sound constantly cutting in and out, and the video stuttering every so often. The stutter is happening every 1-2 seconds now. It's very aggravating. I can't participate in a convo because I have no idea what the model is saying most of the time, and when I do post a reply, the video will skip and suddenly she's not even there to see the comment. I've increased space on my hard drive and I've tried different browsers. I've checked my speed, and it's perfectly fine. Feeds o other sites are working fine. Just MFC. Oh, and geographic location doesn't seem to make a difference. WTFMFC!

The_Brown_Fox said:
Man, that sucks. I heard that a lot of models are having issues with Streamate too.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one having trouble. I've been getting disconnected sometimes lately.
It makes me think that maybe I should consider turning my block sessions off.

The only problem I'm having is when I open up another tab with MFC running, when I go back to MFC the model is in triple fast speed from the time I left to the current. It's pretty funny sometimes depending upon what they were doing while I was away.

Bocefish said:
The only problem I'm having is when I open up another tab with MFC running, when I go back to MFC the model is in triple fast speed from the time I left to the current. It's pretty funny sometimes depending upon what they were doing while I was away.
I've noticed I have to close out of several tabs myself whenever I was broadcasting the last few times to help with the weird skippy feed I would get occasionally.. Odd! I may have to use 2 browsers whenever I cam.

Necromancy & ranting:

I haven't been a customer for MFC for a long time, but there was a really nice model I've been wanting to see who was on this afternoon. But fuckity fuckity fuck, now almost all cams are choppy for me: it works 10 seconds and then chop every fucking seconds, I can't understand a word, follow a room, or try to interact with a model.
When I registered in 2010, I could watch up to six rooms at the same time and now I can't even follow one, fuck this website.

eclipse76 said:
I haven't been a customer for MFC for a long time, but there was a really nice model I've been wanting to see who was on this afternoon. But fuckity fuckity fuck, now almost all cams are choppy for me: it works 10 seconds and then chop every fucking seconds, I can't understand a word, follow a room, or try to interact with a model.
When I registered in 2010, I could watch up to six rooms at the same time and now I can't even follow one, fuck this website.

This has been a big problem on MFC for about 2 months now. I often have to reload a model's cam several times before it plays without choppiness. (Underneath the video click "off" to stop the video stream, then wait a few seconds and click "on" to turn it back on again. Give it 10-15 seconds to see if it's ok, and repeat if needed.)

And it's definitely not my network connection. At work, which is where I normally watch MFC, speedtest.net says I have 870 Mbps down (and 665 Mbps up). :) If video is choppy on that, it's clearly MFC's fault.

Hopefully they'll find the problem and fix it soon.

Reactions: Shaun__ and hapa74
Status
Not open for further replies.