AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lag and cam-related issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having A LOT of problems recently.
-Appearing as online in peoples friends list, but not appearing as on cam.
-Cam not loading for a lot of members, and last night it took 5 attempts to get it started on my end. My connection is fine and I've never had this issue previously.
-Premium names are "sticking" in my chatroom. If someone exits the room or logs out, they still appear in my viewers list. This isn't an every night occurrence but it has been happening pretty regularly. (I use the model browser)
-My cam feed stutters for some even though my connection is excellent.
-Some tips are glitching and won't appear in my room at all, but I can clearly see them listed under my token sessions. This has led to a lot of confusion when someone tips towards a countdown or video and I'm not able to see it in the room.
-For some my cam is loading, but the chat and viewers list is not.
Pretty sure these are all contributing factors in regards to why my room counts have been way, way lower than they usually are. :crybaby:

BoltEyeAm said:
SoTxBob said:
Pretty sad for a site that used to boast being created and run by techies. :snooty:
That is kind of a silly thing to boast about... Isn't it a given that an internet based company would be created and ran by techies?

A given? .... :think: ...Actually not at all.. Some of the old adverts used to boast the site was 'created and run by techies' to infer the site had superior ability/knowledge of this shit and therefore was better that those sites that were simply hiring techs to run the stuff. ... kind of like owning a car dealership and assuming the owner knew the diff between cam timing and re-jetting a carburetor and how to do both correctly..

Just saw this in the lounge, keep your fingers crossed!

MFC rebooted about 30 seconds after I saw the announcement.

Attachments

• announce.jpg
    announce.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 371
Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
schlmoe said:
Just saw this in the lounge, keep your fingers crossed!

MFC rebooted about 30 seconds after I saw the announcement.

Yeah, I was just guesting && saw this. IT HAD BETTER FIX THIS SHIT, or else ima have to punch some people in the ballsack. When I say "people" I mean from MFC. =P.

Last night was fucking CRAP. My cam feed was like negative ten frames a second. It was terrible. My room went from like almost 100 to 20 in a matter of about a minute. I tried the model web browser thing, && it was WORSE.

AmberCutie said:
Have you seen some of these idiots who've come here advertising their new cam sites? Some of them don't seem to know jacksquat, lol.

OMG, Amber, that was AWESOME! :lol: THANK YOU for saying what I've been wanting to say on here...haha.

Seems like everybody and their momma is trying to start up a new cam site. PUHLEEZE! And guaranteeing thousands of dollars to the top performers...yeah, okay! :hand:

I hope it's fixed now, it's been terrible for me. I've lost out on so many shows because guys say I'm lagging bad.

Could this have anything to do with all of the fucking guests taking up bandwidth?

Marokite said:
Dang, and i had just made up this parody image. ;)
If you upload this as an MFC emote please let us know the shortcut ASAP. It will come in handy! I will just spam that emote instead of my copypasta when people are saying the cam is borked.

AmberCutie said:
If you upload this as an MFC emote please let us know the shortcut ASAP. It will come in handy! I will just spam that emote instead of my copypasta when people are saying the cam is borked.
I will upload it. I put the shortcut as :camproblem
Hopefully they approve it. :)

SNATCH said:
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLL.

OMG. Can I use this?
Most definitely.

Oh Hell yes. Thanks!

Amber, I have been like... OBESSIVELY linking back to this thread. LOLOLOL. I feel you!

Marokite said:
Dang, and i had just made up this parody image. ;)

Genius.
Currently the scorecard reads 4-to-1 for me and MFC. One orgasm for every 4 cam fails, and the one orgasm achieved was achieved after a cam fail when I just decided to forge ahead on my own -offline. (unless I'm grossly mistaken and I did something so spectacular in group that 12 people simultaneously spoodged and immediately logged out in unison, it's not beyond the realm of possibility but seriouslylol)

I'm certainly not one to stress camscores but I think from an organizational perspective it would make sense to suspend the camscore equation during hours where admin recognizes the site isn't actually working properly. I was a trooper this afternoon in between bandwidth shinanigans and a full on site crash, a camscore fluctuation based on staying dedicated during tough hours just adds insult to injury.

I love that MFC posted an announcement in the models room about the server. However I have to wonder why they didn't just alert members and models BEFORE when they most likely knew something was up (like, days ago). What's worse is that all the models who emailed MFC admins were told it was their problem.

I am super duper ecstatic that they fessed up to it eventually but shouldn't models at least be kept in the loop sooner when it's our income at stake?

Awesome image Marokite :)

Reactions: 1 person
Used the :camproblem emote today. It was just one guy saying the feed wasn't working but I couldn't resist. :dance:

Aw! Thanks lady! What a sweet thing to say. Id definitely help you up and get you a glass of water afterwards :lol:

I used it too! I had a small period of time where lots of people were having problems! I felt all snazzy using it!

Im having a Bandwith of 250 kb/s and normally like 1900 kb/s..that suxx

The Tech Support said its on my end, which is not the true-.-

I posted them the Link to this thread.."How it come others were having the same issues?"

This lag makes me so damn angry. :angry4:

Trying to watch xWildThingx but lagging so bad cant understand what she is saying. :crybaby:

I like how MFC administrators ignore the newer posts. It's not an old issue - it's still persistent on some rooms. It's still very relevant today.

hornygods said:
I like how MFC administrators ignore the newer posts. It's not an old issue - it's still persistent on some rooms. It's still very relevant today.

I think it has gotten worse. I didn't have as much problems as people were describing till recently.

SoTxBob said:
BoltEyeAm said:
SoTxBob said:
Pretty sad for a site that used to boast being created and run by techies. :snooty:
That is kind of a silly thing to boast about... Isn't it a given that an internet based company would be created and ran by techies?

A given? .... :think: ...Actually not at all.. Some of the old adverts used to boast the site was 'created and run by techies' to infer the site had superior ability/knowledge of this shit and therefore was better that those sites that were simply hiring techs to run the stuff. ... kind of like owning a car dealership and assuming the owner knew the diff between cam timing and re-jetting a carburetor and how to do both correctly..

I guess my point wasn't very clearly expressed. I wasn't exactly referring to CEO/Founder as those who 'run' the site but the technology department. Yes the Owner of the doesn't need to know how to fix a problem himself they just need to recognize the importance of it.

To further your analogy, if I went to a car dealership and they bragged to me that the owner has the skills to craw under my car and fix whatever is wrong knowing this won't mean anything to me. I'm likely to think "Well good for him". Because as long as the owner ensures it gets done I don't care who does it.

It will be important for a smaller business however if they must contract people to do all their work for them instead of hiring full time employees.

BoltEyeAm said:
hornygods said:

I think it has gotten worse. I didn't have as much problems as people were describing till recently.

SoTxBob said:
BoltEyeAm said:
SoTxBob said:

I guess my point wasn't very clearly expressed. I wasn't exactly referring to CEO/Founder as those who 'run' the site but the technology department. Yes the Owner of the doesn't need to know how to fix a problem himself they just need to recognize the importance of it.

To further your analogy, if I went to a car dealership and they bragged to me that the owner has the skills to craw under my car and fix whatever is wrong knowing this won't mean anything to me. I'm likely to think "Well good for him". Because as long as the owner ensures it gets done I don't care who does it.

It will be important for a smaller business however if they must contract people to do all their work for them instead of hiring full time employees.

The brag was- "We know what's going on, so we will fix it ourselves, and your money won't have to go to hiring other people to fix it"

Reactions: SoTxBob
It appears to be regionally affected. I'm fine in the UK - where are you? (when I receive stuttering feed, the same level of stuttering occurs in all rooms I visit as opposed to the reported 'some rooms')

hornygods said:
It appears to be regionally affected. I'm fine in the UK - where are you? (when I receive stuttering feed, the same level of stuttering occurs in all rooms I visit as opposed to the reported 'some rooms')

Im from Finland.
Yea i rarely see other people complaining about lag. :(

It has been better for me recently too. I rarely have trouble loading a cam if at all in the past several days or week.

Status
Not open for further replies.